pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WizardsCastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6499 5 years ago

Have LEs sold out?

1 month later
#6834 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Whoa. There is no contest and shouldn’t even be an argument.
LOTR is by far the best pin Stern has ever created.
I personally dislike Stern (downvote all you’d like), but that is the ONLY game I regret selling and am praying for the Vault edition...

I think you need to give Stern another look. I'm a hardcore B/W fan (you saw my MM and AFM when you were over) but there are some solid titles from Stern such as LOTR, MET, TWD, Star Trek, Spidey, Maiden...

When I first got into this hobby, my close friend had a Ghostbusters, and I really didn't like it. When I got my MMR I felt that was so much better, and I basically wrote off Stern (until I started playing LOTR).

I also have a great appreciation for what JJP is doing. I've owned a Dialed In and aside from Twilight Zone, it's the only game I regret parting with.

Aside from the astronomical pricing these days, we're lucky to be at a point where multiple companies are offering what we love, and the competition should push them to reach new heights.

Pinball is awesome!

1 month later
#7073 4 years ago

Been a while since I've fired this pin up (been busy with BM66 and Spidey), but decided to give it a go this evening and put up one of my best scores yet and got RTU! Such a blast when the flippers and lights go out!!!
IMG_20190622_172754 (resized).jpgIMG_20190622_172754 (resized).jpg

#7077 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

4) Sometimes when playing pinball things just don’t go your way. I played for around an hour or so last night and I COULD NOT for the life of me destroy just two countries. So disheartening.

Haha, that's pinball!

I got to End of the Line twice in the first month of owning MET, with a top score of 1.5 billion, and in the last month of playing, I can't break 200 million!

It's actually at the point where I am considering selling it because it's cursed haha!

#7132 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Also, for those that have installed Cliffys. What is the issue with the posts? Are they really that difficult to remove? I was planning to install them before a show, but how much time should I target for the installation?

I wouldn't say it's the easiest install of protectors, but it's not terrible. You have to take a bunch of stuff apart to get to the space ship ball holes and Target bank.

For me, the toughest one was the SOL hole. The back part of it is still not flush, and I have to eventually take it apart and try to get it level with the pf to avoid balls getting stuck there.

Just take your time, take photos, and it should go smoothly.

Also, make sure to ask Cliffy about the ball lock Cliffy. Him and I worked on that one together, and it saved my game from massive chipping.

#7134 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have a photo of yours where it is not flush? Also, I ordered the full set of Cliffys including the lock, shooter eject, and drain.

Might take me a bit to get a photo, but the advice I can offer is to just go slow, and DO NOT tighten too much or it will bend the metal protectors.

Just take your time and look at the protectors closely as you tighten things.

Good luck

1 week later
#7187 4 years ago

I'll just say this... I'm a purist and love games in their most original form. I even sold my MMR and kept my MM just because I wanted to play the game as originally designed.

I've had many opportunities to own a AFM, but AFMr has so much more to offer.

I also went LE because the lights, screen and topper just give so much to the playing experience. When you get to RTU and that topper goes bonkers, you realize right in that moment that you made the right decision buying it!

The CE is a great game too, so consider yourself fortunate if you own any of the models

1 month later
#7300 4 years ago

Was playing today, and at one point I guess I was hitting a lot of things and the topper started going nuts!

Made me realize once again how amazing this topper is, and how much it really adds to the playing experience.

3 years later
#10265 1 year ago

What's the most current code version for this game?

1 month later
#10284 10 months ago
Quoted from jjmf:

Finally did it after almost 30 years... Ruled the Universe!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!

Must have felt awesome to beat it after all those years! Enjoy the moment!

2 months later
#10310 8 months ago

I own both, and have no plans of letting either one go.

However, if I only had 2-3 games in my collection, I might eventually let go off one to get more variety.

As it currently stands, I have enough different kinds of games to still be able to keep and enjoy both, but they do have MANY similarities.

1 month later
#10361 7 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Made a custom userlogo for our new-to-us AFMr LE. Fun stuff, love the ability to customize this.
[quoted image]

Whaaaat!

How do you do that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WizardsCastle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=WizardsCastle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.