pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I made it. I might make a few more if interested let me know?

Looks great...I'd be interested as well

1 month later
#1592 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Trust me,it's alot easier with the nut off.

you can actually install the Cliffy with the metal insert in place...its a pain in ass but it fits

Image-16 (resized).pngImage-16 (resized).png

#1724 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's not just personal preference, it also depends on your homes AC voltage. I had to dial mine down to -23 and the flippers are still very strong. I decided to purchased this nifty little device to keep an eye on my voltage throughout the day.
amazon.com link »
snaroff

Thats a cool device...I'm surprised your voltage varies so much, and has that much of an impact...

#1731 6 years ago

Its not a surprise that your house voltage would vary a little bit, but its really surprising that it would have an impact on flipper power! not doubting it, but its surprising...

1 week later
#1972 6 years ago

Yep mine is miss matched ....

1 week later
#2301 6 years ago

The only reason I purchased the LE was due to the topper and martian green trim.....I would be pretty irritated if they sold that topper separately....that being said life goes on, but theres zero chance I would ever purchase another LE from CGC....IMHO the only reason anyone purchases an LE is that it differentiates from the other models. I suspect it would hurt future LE sales? people who are complaining should have purchased the LE version..

#2304 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

let me just get this straight.
People that are buying a remake of a 22 year old pinball are now upset if their fellow buyers get a remake of the topper

Not the point (nor analogous) , and I don't think anyone is upset....CGC said on many occasions the topper was limited to the LE....so yea I suspect it would irritate many people....I for one would NEVER pay a premium for an LE in the future if they went down that path. If they want to have this option on future games then just don't sell the LE's, and offer games a la cart....

#2321 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Warning...this may cause feelings to be hurt. please stop reading here if you are overly sensitive...

I find that hard to be believe as NEVER is a very strong statement and I find its more of an emotional response than anything else; my wife tends to use it a lot and I usually reply with the "what if you were offered $500,000,000 to do it?" that seems to be the NEVER eliminator...
Anyways ... what if the next LE has solid gold side rails and lock down bar for $1000? You wouldn't buy one? ... You get the point.
The LE is only $700 more than the SE and you get an amazing topper, mirror blades, active saucers, and powder coat. At that price point it would be illogical to not buy one if you wanted those features and it would be irrelevant if they were offered as an add on or not.

The AFMRLE was a no brainer due to the upgrades, which is why i made the logical decision to buy one...I don't make emotional decision....normally

1 month later
#3310 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

What I am told is CGC does not offer Cliffy's with the games due to purists. However even though I do not use Cliffys all the time due to how they make the game look (like you are hiding something) , I do not consider myself a "purist" (maybe I really am one) I think it would be nice to just have them included not installed. But wouldn't that be like admitting that your play fields are weak or don't hold up in the long run? hmmm....

I think it makes all the sense in the world to "INSTALL" cliffy's day one....installing the protectors at the factory makes all the sense in the world. As most know some are a pain in the butt to install. In my experience on dozens of games they have very little effect on game play. I think the real reason is most manufacturers are cheap

1 week later
#3828 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they made a deal with Cliff and shipped with actual Cliffies from the factory like JJP is now on Dialed In, I'm sure the accolades would far outweigh any complaints from the purists. It's just an excuse.

I couldn't agree more with this issue. If one is true "purist" they can remove the protectors, which I highly suspect would be a very small percentage of people. The fact is the manufacturers are cheap and don't want to add $50 to their BOM....

#3833 6 years ago

I've purchased both remakes, and have been generally satisfied....that being said there is zero chance I'll buy another until they resolve their issues. My biggest complaint is their BS warranty, and CGC response on my damaged cabinet (it was very minor)...basically told me to glue it and there was nothing they could do...at some point their gonna piss off the wrong person, and they'll file a lawsuit....

#3842 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

According to Doug, EVERY game will have chipping issues if Cliffys are not installed. That's directly from the horse's mouth.

I find it hard to believe they can't absorb $50 on a $8300 machine....hell I'd pay $8350 if they would just include....at least JJP is finally drinking the cool aid

#3919 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I now sit with 38 games (All Stern NIB and HUO) in immaculate condition and never feel remorse over the 4K.
My peace of mind was well worth it. I realize that others may not feel the same and respect that.

$300 of insurance on an $8000 machine seems pretty reasonable to me....

#3927 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Bingo. If CGC disclosed that 5% of a PF "run" had the color issue and they were in the process of resolving these issues, case closed. Everyone happy. Shit happens.
Refusing to acknowledge PF issues clearly documented & identified by EXPERIENCED pinball collectors is unacceptable. Inexperienced pinball owners usually don't know what to look for.
snaroff

I couldn't agree more ..... although in my experience with American Express is if you have pics, and provide proof of damage then they will back you, and not back down to the distributor. My question is where are the distributors in this discussion? Are they washing their hands? they should be front and center on this issue.

#3957 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Many distributors are also collectors that have been "around the block". If a distributor is convinced a PF has significant flaws, then they should apply sufficient pressure to have the manufacturer correct the situation (not specific to CGC).
The distributor should be an advocate for the buyer. As I said in a previous post, that's what happened when my AC/DC PF had flaws. From my perspective, a distributor driven resolution is more desirable than having the credit card company intervene. Why? I really loved the game and just wanted it to be "right". I really wasn't interested in merely getting my money back.
In my case, Stern "did the right thing" for me and many others. If Stern didn't do the right thing, I would have spoken with the distributor about potentially buying back my game and issuing me a credit on a future game.
Like it or not, CGC will be compared with Stern and JJP quality and service. That's only natural and completely valid. On paper, CGC's LE has the best warranty in the business.
snaroff

They should be compared to Stern, and JJP....the reality is they are attempting to punt on a pretty significant issue, and if they would have stepped up to the plate originally they wouldn't see this backlash. The good news is not everyone has these big problems, but simply punting on the issue is total and complete BS. At least Stern stepped up to the plate when they had play field issues (i.e. GB). It appears CGC is trying to figure out a way to punt on the whole issue, which if they do will bite them in the ass (IMHO). Like myself I am waiting to see how this plays out. If they do nothing then I won't buy their machines any longer.....life goes on

#4051 6 years ago

Personally I don't think the colors are that big a deal, but the planking and warranty issues are a really BIG deal in my mind.

#4054 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree. I don't think comparing remake PF colors with original PF colors is all that interesting for AFMr owners. From my perspective, the bigger deal is comparing AFMr PF's with other AFMr PF's. Again, I'll use Stern's AC/DC PF issues as an example. When the game was released, the first run had very cloudy under-PF windows (caused by some funky clear coat that didn't cure properly with the large/clear plastic insert). When folks started selling, it became a resale issue (i.e. buyers were concerned if the example for sale had the "cloudy window" or not). The games with the cloudy windows were worth less to many buyers. So while some of these aesthetic issues obviously don't effect gameplay, they can effect resale value.
snaroff

The ACDC lower play field window is what prevented me from buying the game. For what ever reason the cloudy window really bothered me. I ended up buying the ACDC Premium Vault, which has a clear window....I've been really happy with it....

#4085 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I guess technically I would fall into the "purist" category which allows me in a unique position to comment on this. I personally would like to have protectors on the known high damage areas since I'm not a fool.
Now as a "purist", there are actually things that really annoy me with both MMr and AFMr but I haven't commented on them to date.
The main thing is this: If they really want to appease the "purists" and make a game as close to the original as possible, then please tell me why it is that with 25 years of innovation over the archaic electronics of yesteryear, I cannot turn on my machine and start playing a game within 10 seconds? Why does it now take "new technology" at least five times as long to start?
I believe that my question and the answer to the Cliffys is actually the same single word answer ... cost.

Although I totally respect the "purist" although not really sure what that means....the CGC excuse that they don't want to offend the purist is total BS....its all about costs...its frankly a stupid business decision since the protectors would help eliminate a lot of their problems....

#4116 6 years ago

He made several good points....the bottom line is CGC has really dropped the ball on warranty issues....if they put out shitty play fields that fail or are delivered in bad shape due to their lack of QA/QC then they should replace....period...chipping in critical areas definitely warrants protectors, and in my opinion they should at their cost provide Cliffy protectors to address that concern. The fact that they are blowing off these customers is total BS, and I suspect this poor business decision will really effect future sales....if you want to claim you build the best machines than you should stand behind your work....even Stern replaced 100's of GB play fields due to ghosting, and JJP now ships games with Cliffy protectors already installed (due to chipping of DI)....many are waiting to see if CGC steps up to the plate....

#4122 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I guessing Stern passed this cost on to the manufacturer which is CGC...Unfortunately for CGC, they have no one to pass the cost on to since they are the manufacture. IMO this is a failure of management for allowing sub-standard parts to go out the door.

I wasn't aware of that.....the bottom line is they marketed their "great" warranty as a selling point, and their not standing by it....unless they step up to the plate I'll never buy another product from them (and I own both LE remakes)....I laughed at their "purist" remark for not installing protectors.....why can't they just say they don't want to add $50 to their BOM....

#4133 6 years ago

Looked like putty to me....never should have left the factory....

#4141 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ugh, this thread sure has turned negative. Unfairly. Reminds me why I hate pinside. Sure there is some good here, but sifting through the drama to find the good is painful. Might be my last post........

I suspect you wouldn't feel that way if u had a play field that had wood putty in the shooter lane....this could all have been avoided if CGC did the right thing...unfortunately the longer they wait the worse it will get for them....they could have turned a negative into a real positive, but instead they drew a line in the sand, which was a really bad business decision....

#4149 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I was right. I'll be contacting CGC to get an update myself.

what were you right about? Hopefully CGC replaced that play field ....

#4151 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

About the shooter lane showing wear after 90 games. He showed a picture of his game at 90 games and then showed a picture of the mangled shooter lane and tried to make it sounds like that would happen to someone else's game after some wear, or the 2 were correlated somehow. I just called B.S. on that part for any potential buyers who were reading.
Once it was established that his story was not ringing true, the conversation moved to whether that playfield should have left CGC, and most if not all agree he needs a new palyfield, and if he does/did not, it would be a concern to many of us, not because the game would look like puke after some 90 games as that clearly did not happen, but because CGC has lowered the bar so low on what is acceptable as quality. Maybe CGC took care of him, and now there would be a total of zero issues not dealt with by CGC.

I really didn't focus on how many game plays he had since it really didn't matter (at least to me). That play field is an embarrassment to CGC...whether it happened after 90 games or 1000 games it shouldn't look like that....its really shocking CGC hasn't replaced that play field....frankly this greed, and bad business decision will cost them 1000's of dollars in the end.....I was lucky that my game was in decent shape although it showed up with cabinet and rail damage.

#4187 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

uh, but again, the number of games played HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WAY THE SHOOTER LANE LOOKS.

Based on what I've seen it doesn't .... if CGC had proper QA/QC that would have never left the factory....total screw up on their part that they are taking zero ownership over....a business decision that I suspect they will regret....the fact that they chose to ignore is shocking....

#4189 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha.
People tell the best jokes when they don't mean to.
They come here, see people saying "Ready for #3...take my $$$$$....gimme the next game...I'm ready!!!" and that is absolutely ZERO incentive to lower prices.
If anything, the price of MBr will be higher than AFMr.

Theres no doubt they will most likely increase pricing, but I'd bet they've lost several potential sales....nobody wants to spend $8K+ and take the risk of buying a machine that the manufacturer doesn't warrant....if they don't change their tune theres no doubt they'll lose sales....

#4195 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They lost at least one here. I was really wanting a MMR but decided to go with MET Premium instead because im afraid to buy their games at the moment. If things get better i will consider one in the future if they keep making them and dont jack the price up any higher.

I'm in your camp.....great decision by the way...MET Prem is an incredible game ......

#4221 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Maybe CGC is taking care of these issues so well, they ask the person receiving the awesome resolution to please stay quiet so everyone else does not think they also are owed something equally awesome for every little imperfection. If it made them go quiet, it must be some AWESOME comp they got out of CGC. Maybe going quiet equals the issue being resolved really well? We should assume that unless they post an update.
Also, maybe that is what Doug meant by people should not post on pinside, they should open a ticket.
That's my guess.

zero chance ....

#4222 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Unscrewing how? They're rounded posts.
Nuts are removed from bottom, but they are tight to the pf.

I had the same issue. I put a thin rag around the post and used vice grips....that allowed me to loosed it, but I still couldn't get it out. I ultimately had to tap lightly on the bolt with a hammer....

#4223 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had the same issue. I put a thin rag around the post and used vice grips....that allowed me to loosed it, but I still couldn't get it out. I ultimately had to tap lightly on the bolt with a hammer...from under the play field .

#4225 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Will Monday be the day we see confirmation from CGC or the affected buyers that a resolution has been reached?
Can a distributor provide an update?

I hope so....be great that they see the light and do the right thing....

#4229 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes, nut is off.
Bolts are budging. Pulling out the ol' hammer!

Thats what I had to do....

#4244 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

You're making so much noise and have no idea what you are talking about.

I think everyone just wants answers.....not sure that warrants telling someone they have no idea what their talking about....do you have the answers?

#4251 6 years ago

ultimately it would be nice to know how CGC resolves these bigger issue/issues. I don't think it matters if there is one incident of a poor play field or dozens (honestly I have no idea). It says a lot about the company how they resolve....in my opinion that shooter lane issue is egregious that warrants a replacement (I don't care if its 100 plays or 1000), excess chipping on new play fields is also a concern that they could easily resolve with protectors (other manufactures have)....I agree that they are really great at resolving smaller issues, but its the big ones that are really concerning. For someone who owns both remake LE's I wouldn't take the risk of buying a NIB game until they resolve these bigger issues. I'd rather wait and buy a HUO used one.....

#4264 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, no. It has to be an egregious problem like half a year with no "every two weeks" updates before I get in the mix. And I don't have a nude playfield, thank god.
That said, as much as we love AfMr LE, we won't be getting any more CGC games until they improve their lacking warranty (written or implied, I don't care) on the LEs to cover second owners in the warranty period like the other big boys do.

couldn't agree more...total BS on CGC part...

#4275 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I don’t see putty. I see knots in the wood beveled down to a cut through layers. Do you *really* think that CGC would use black putty? Come on.

oh its putty....and even if it wasn't it looks like crap, and should be replaced no questions asked.

#4290 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Very well said. There are a few doing their best to put pressure on CGC through Pinside to give them what they want. Not in the good spirit of Pinside I think. I am with you. There are no real issues.

Good lord are you guys looking at the same pic? so if you guys just paid $8300 for a NIB LE you would be satisfied with that play field? If so thats great for u, but if mine showed up that way I'd be irritated (as would most)...Thats by far the worst NIB shooter lane I've ever seen....I've seen better shooter lanes on play fields with 10,000 game plays.....CGC should be embarrassed that it left their factory.

#4342 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question for you guys that have put Cliffys on. When installing the front SOL, there is a small tab that wedges under the pf where the standup target is. When replacing the target under the pf, the small tab from the Cliffy ends up between the target bracket and the pf. Not sure if that is why I can't get it to sit flush.
Also, notice the right standup target not. It's leaning to the right. I don't recall it being like that.
Any thoughts?

My LE in the upright position has always leaned a little to the right, when the target drops it sits flush. My Cliffy sits flush, and no impact on game play.

#4350 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When you put the front SOL Cliffy in, did the small tab that holds the protector to the bottom of the pf sit between the mounting bracket for your standup target and the pf?

Yes....

#4353 6 years ago

Are you the one with the bad shooter lane...please remind me....

#4355 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

No planking issues and color. Guys the guy with shooter lane did post better pictures that explained more.

Thanks....mine doesn't seem to have those issues....good luck....hope u get a resolution to your satisfaction...

#4366 6 years ago

You have nothing to worry about. The issues are claimed by a few Pinsiders only. With respect, the photos could be from any AFM and not necessarily from an AFMr.

You have no idea if thats true or not? Just out of curiosity do you even own this game? The reality is buying any NIB pinball game comes with a level of risk. The manufacturers are already reaping the rewards since they rarely offer any service, which is where the big costs are. They all rely on end users doing all the work so when a big issue comes up they need to step up to the plate. If I was a customer who unfortunately had major play field issue, and the manufacturer blew me off I would be irritated as well. If the customers in question (and I'm not one of them) don't come to some mutual resolution then I hope they sue their ass as its total BS.

#4391 6 years ago

Yes I own a AFMrLE. Do you own one? This is an owners thread so I hope you do, if not and out of respect to owners take your comments elsewhere.
We are a NIB buyer and have bought plenty over the last 7 years. We have had every issue from small to large (playfield replacement) and every manufacturer has resolved all our issues, including CGC. You guys are just creating BS for no reason.
And yes, I question all the photos put up on this thread. How do we know they are genuine?

I own them all .... my collection is public...your the one hiding stuff....u have no idea if its BS....

#4396 6 years ago

I had a few minor issues i.e. right green side armor had a chip in it, small ding in the bottom of the cabinet....CGC sent me a new rail, and told me there was nothing they could do about the cabinet....I let it go since it was somewhat minor, but supports what others are seeing....they are great at the small stuff, but will fight like hell to not do anything about major issues....mine wasn't major or else I would be fighting them....that being said my cabinet should not have shown up with a ding on the bottom...I installed Cliffy's everywhere day 1 since I'm always concerned about chipping...

#4401 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I truly don’t want to be argumentative, but you said your cabinet damage wasn’t major so you didn’t fight it. So how does that support the idea that they won’t fix major things?
They fixed my major issue. No problem.

Several people have posted play field issues, and shooter lane issues that to my knowledge have not been resolved. Doug specifically told me there was nothing they would do about the cabinet damage....what was your major issue?

#4403 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

A ding underneath the cabinet....literally the bottom? That’s not an problem at all....who cares? Pic please if it’s something other than that......

If it was truly on the bottom I probably wouldn't have noticed. The issue is the sticker on the side was damaged (towards the bottom about the size of a quarter)....the only way to repair is the replace the side graphic, which is a total pain

#4404 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Shooter lane issues have been resolved per Doug’s last post. Please don’t post misinformation.
If someone has a shooter lane issue, please file a ticket so you can get fixed too.

so the guy with the shooter lane full of putty was resolved? thats good to hear....I stand corrected

#4413 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

And I imagine that they would have sent you a new decal; agree it’s a pain to install.
Do you really think a manufacturer should send you a new cabinet?

Did I say that? If I did then I would be fighting them on the issue, and yes they did offer to send a new decal, but there is zero chance I'll install it so whats the point....would you be fine with it? The fact is I purchased a new game....new is new...that being said it 100% cosmetic, and not readily apparent as its located on the bottom back of the cabinet. It was fairly minor and if I sell the game and have to give a discount then so be it...money has never been the issue....

#4434 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I have a ding in mine on the underneath of the cabinet right side on the edge which causes the sticker to peel up at that spot. Came like this from the factory.

Did u open a ticket?

#4439 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I may do a few things but i dont get crazy and mod my games out to the max or anything like that. The most i do usually is stuff like a Shaker and a few cosmetic playfield toys. There’s definitely nothing wrong though with fully modded games at all, some of them look great.

Met is a great game...just my two cents but the mods I would get are: shaker - sucks it doesn't come with one (a must in this game), color dmd (its great in this game), and cliffys in the critical areas.....

#4444 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

One issue at a time. I'm still waiting on an adjustable outlane post from chicago to cincy...i think they sent it pony express

They actually sent my damaged side rail pretty quickly (I received in NorCal in about 5 days)....just curious what they told u about your cabinet....u can PM me off line if u want, and we can compare notes

#4456 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I came into this thread to see how people were liking their games, I've flirted with eventually moving my Metallica LE for one, but maybe I should just sell it and get out of this hobby before it's nothing but rich douchebags suing each other.

Why is he a douchebag? If you paid $8K for a NIB game and it showed up with flaws would you just sit back and take it if the manufacturer told you to pound salt (I'm assuming they basically told him that)? my hope is that he and CGC can resolve their issues before it gets to a lawsuit. Maybe the best thing is to just take back the game and refund him his money? Be great to know how the distributor feels about the situation....

That being said its a great game, and CGC is great at resolving the small stuff, which is what typically happens with these games.

#4476 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I had a Met Premium. In my opinion the one “must have” mod is the Snake Fangs. Without it the snake looks more like a turtle. Enjoy your new game!

Totally agree...buy an extra set (their cheap)....they break easily...tongue decal is cool as well (and cheap)

#4559 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Your kidding right?

I didnt get one....I was a little disappointed...

#4561 6 years ago

Even Stern gives you several to choose from

#4565 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

No joke...by the way the titan anti fatigue mats are super comfy.

Awesome u got one....A little irritated I didn't get one

#4621 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Already ordered cliffs but he is two months out.

The game is already pretty loaded....I love the mirror blades that are already on the machine. All you really need are the Cliffy's as described above. I got the entire set from Cliff....2 roll overs, drain, shooter lane, moving target, and the hole above....

#4637 6 years ago

Thanks for the update. Its really unfortunate that you were one of the few that received a less than ideal play field. I was one of the lucky ones as my play field lack the planking, and color issues. My minimal experience with CGC is that they are great at addressing minor issues. I wasn't privy to the details of your situation, but can certainly can understand your frustration. I guess the lesson learned is there is always risk in purchasing a game prior to inspection.

#4648 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I owned both for a brief moment in time and the ARMr is no longer in the house. I still believe what I said back in December (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-an-le-that-feels-like-an-le), however the "enhanced warranty" doesn't mean much if they don't address serious issues like the one mentioned by Onwallst. It's also a total bummer that the warranty isn't transferrable.
The good news (for you) is original AFM's are now more value priced
snaroff

I'm with you on the warranty...I would say its total BS....that being said I've enjoyed MMRLE and AFMRLE....I was fortunate that I didn't have any major issues. I think once all the LE's are sold that the ones with nice play fields will be happy with the value...that topper is worth $500+ on its own....my bet is it holds its original value or maybe increase....time will tell...

#4651 6 years ago

well said cooked....the manufacturers already have a sweet deal in that they provide zero labor support. For the most part parts for these machines are relatively cheap. One would think they would have at least sent him a new play field that he could swap him self or sell with the machine....

#4653 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why? They're off the hook to support it. I doubt they care at all that's happening.

I suspect your right....that being said I am sure its turned off a few buyers....I know I won't purchase another remake until they change their warranty policy

#4665 6 years ago
Quoted from dartman68:

Boo-hoo good riddance.

Really....if you actually owned the machine, and received a sub standard game what would you do? Just sit back, do nothing? I suspect that would not be the case....I was one of the lucky ones, but clearly he was not.....CGC should have made this right, and they choose to do nothing....total BS

#4669 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hey if you want them to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed..
» YouTube video

Great movie....

#4671 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is the shocking part, CGC makes their own play fields so all the problems are internal issues.

Wow I didn't know that...

#4681 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I don't think you guys get it. If your game is free of major issues at this point, fantastic! Most games are probably fine this early on. That's not the issue.
It's about what happens if one day your game starts showing issues such as planking like Onwallst had experienced. If you found yourself facing this, wouldn't you want to know that CGC had you covered? Or if your cabinet started cracking, wouldn't you like to know you'd be looked after?
It's simple to say your experience has been perfect when CGC has covered a couple of plastic replacement. That's like a car manufacturer that replaces your cup holder but refuses to respond to your engine crapping out.
I have both remakes, and have has major chipping on both. I have Cliffys installed now, and I'm enjoying my games fully.
But that I can still empathize with others here with larger issues, and the fact that CGC has basically ignored them, makes it hard for me to put more of my money into their games.
It's unfortunate, because these games are gorgeous and a load of fun to play!

I hear ya...and totally get it....says a lot about the CGC's warranty....I actually put value on the warranty prior to purchasing my LE....clearly its not worth much

#4700 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

My targets are bending to the right
It does not cause a malfonction while going up and down
I just wanted to know if there is an adjustement on it
I just put cliffys on but it was bending before i did
Thanks in advance for the tips

Mine does exactly the same thing....has never affected game play, but its clearly noticeable

#4707 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Unboxed an LE , Game Kicks Ass !
To my surprise the game is far better than the MMR I purchased.
The lighting,display,sound I love the game. The topper is a 10!
Looking forward to next remake

Im not a topper guy, but the topper on the LE is unbelievable....

#4730 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my DMD has one dead pixel. Do you think CGC will replace it? Its kind of this annoying blue dot thingy.

I would take pics, and open a ticket....they will get back to you quickly

#4756 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

No, I have not! Didn't even think about it, but you have a good point.

My game is set at 6.8 degrees and plays perfect. Definitely not too fast, but that being said its sitting next to my SW, which is over the top fast

#4758 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Is your pitch even throughout? When I measure mine I get different slope at the flippers, middle pf and up top by the 3 bank target. It seems to have more slope down by the flippers and get lower as I move up the pf (e.g. 7 degrees at the flippers, 6.5 mid pf and 6 degrees up by bank target). Since the PF should be flat, this doesn't make a ton of sense to me and perhaps my measurement tool isn't super precise? I have it set to ~6.8 at the flippers and it seems slow.

Thats a great point, and mine is not even throughout....I have a nice digital meter and I get three different readings as I move from the top of the play field down to the flippers....I averaged the three angles to 6.8....my play field was the opposite to yours (7.0 at the drop targets, 6.8 mid, and 6.6 at the flippers)

#4801 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i set up the game now
pro:
Cabinet perfect
PF smooth and without any damage
technical, all is working in test mode
LTG
negative:
the Topper could not be connected
i had to remove a pin at the pcb
the machine was built 1 month ago
so why ist this still so in production
and not a manual included at the topper ?
but LTG answered with in 10 minutes
so i am very happy with this purchase
tom

Many people have had these same problems with the topper (I did as well)....bad labeling of connectors, connectors with pins left in them, no instructions, and cables that aren't long enough.....surprising it still leaves the factory this way....all that said once u get it working its awesome....

#4832 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Installed a full set of cliffies today, took about 1.5-2 hours, quite a few things to remove for sol and mother ship. Shooter lane and Target bank took 5 minutes, Target motor does not need to be touched. Are people still using the mantis protector for the sol hole with the cliffies? No way mine will fit in as tight as it was wedged in there.

I installed all my Cliffy's except the one for the sol hole.......the mantis protector seems to work fine combined with mylar around the hole. I've been keeping a close eye on it and after about 100 games I haven't noticed any issues.

#4838 6 years ago

I could barely touch 5B on my AFMLE....then I purchased the new SW premium, and its made me a much better player (its fun, but brutal)....after putting about 50 games on SW I started playing AFM and immediately put up a score of 17B....keep flipping...

1 week later
#4884 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Is there any huge difference between the Le and the Se besides the topper and the powdercoat? I’m debating between the two

Topper
Mirrored blades
Warranty
Powder coating
LED in the Mini Saucers

Its actually worth the extra $1K if you can even find one

#4885 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Topper
Mirrored blades
Double the Warranty
Powder coating
LED in the Mini Saucers
Its actually worth the extra $1K if you can even find one

#4893 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m in the same boat SE v LE...if I get one.
Topper: don’t care
Mirror blades: like them but doesn’t matter, can easily add later.
Warranty: I ‘think’ I’m ok with the SE warranty. Have no idea what the issues have been that warrant having an extended warranty though.
Powder coating: could care less. I actually like the classic throwback stainless
LED mini saucers: this is actually the only thing I care about honestly in the LE, so is THIS worth the $1k extra?

Nope....if u don't care about trim color, mirror blades or topper its an easy decision

#4901 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I'm pretty sure the price difference was $700 on these.

No idea? The LE's were basically fixed priced...not sure what the SE's sold for

#4908 6 years ago

I thought the martian green was a no brainer due to the theme of the game....that being said the black and stainless both look great...I paid $8300 delivered for my LE...I called around a lot and everyone at the time was the same price....I justified the extra $ due to the estimated value of the topper ($500), mirrored blades ($100), and powder coating ($300)....the extended warranty probably isn't worth much, but u get an extra year if you keep the games that long....

1 month later
#5261 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It doesn't get better than mirrors. Can't disagree more

I love mirrored blades...have had zero issues with scratching on mine...makes all my games pop...

5 months later
#6055 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I always thought plugging directly into the wall without surge protection was a huge no-no?

All my games are plugged into a surge protector.....I have zero issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 79.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.