pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Wiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6941 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Seems the hot remake is the LE version, as expected! I've seen AFM-SE's in the 6K range, Standard in the 5.5K range. And to think that I had a high end restored AFM at one point that was valued (at the time) at $10K-11K. LMAO.

Buddy of mine just sold his HUO, low plays AFM-SE for $6k, had it listed for over a month and just couldn't get traction on selling it.

Didn't matter though, he ended up buying a Dark Knight and said he loves the fresh/new gameplay and the fact it changes up "the old" collection.

If I was in the market for an AFM, it would most definitely be the LE.. just a fantastic package.

1 week later
#6961 4 years ago

Got a quick question for those that own this game... is the side armor removeable without damaging the game? My old Bally/Williams had double stick tape on it, does this one also? Reason I'm asking is my friend is looking at one that has stainless armor and he wants green armor.

1 month later
#7103 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Game looks ok.
Play the f#ck out of it.
Bust it up.
Fix it.
Play some more.
Its pinball.

That playfield is not "OK" for a 1-2 year old "LE" that was sold for top dollar as "Mint" with "low plays".

You're crazy IMO. But when it's dealing with someone elses problem, it doesn't seem as bad does it. I've been in a bad spot like this before (mis-represented game with a BS story behind it) and it's not a good position to be in.

I'd be going all the way through to make this right if I was holding it right now, I can tell you that. I thought Chicago Gaming prided themselves in the quality of playfields, more so than any other manufacturer? If they don't make this right, I'll be giving my MMr purchase a second thought (I have one on order due for next month).

#7104 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

At least the lasers and fire beams aren't flesh colored. It could be worse...

I think both would be bad, and to be honest, the way those inserts are settling I think this is worse and has the most potential for unusual wear and tear on the playfield going forward.

#7110 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This is not CGCs issue. CGC have been clear they will only apply warranty to new machines for original owners. The issue lies with the buyer for not inspecting the machine before purchase. A second hand game is a second hand game, buy as is.
I personally think the playfield is ok. The ribbing is extremely hard to see in normal light, once the playfield dimples it hides the ribbing anyway.
Maybe you could read all the warranty clauses from CGC before you buy the game so you understand what you are covered for and what you are not. It would definitely make things a lot easier for you. All new games are far from perfect. Ribbing, insert crazing, decals cracking and other playfield and cabinet issues have always been around.

I think you're confused, this isn't my game. I'm only providing my input.

So with saying the playfield is OK, you would accept this during a sale of the machine with no negative consideration towards price? Just curious.

If you say this is NOT CGC's issue, then I ask you this- Why is it that, over 10+ years of Stern ownership, including games that I have owned 10+ years or more (LOTR, TSPP, etc.), do I not have one Stern (or even JJP) that has this issue? If this is "normal" for a playfield to do this, shouldn't other Pinball companies playfields exhibit this "normal" behavior?

Again, I'm playing devil's advocate and trying to place myself in the shoes of the person who owns this machine.

Let's do a poll here, how many here, upon inspection, have an AFMr (LE or not) that has this issue (I believe too little clearcoat and evident settling).

And again, I speak with my wallet. If you're telling me that CGC doesn't care about their quality control, then why should I pay $8K plus shipping for my upcoming MMr?

#7111 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Either way. It's an awesome game.
Play it hard as it was designed to.
Now, get back to the battle soldier!

I agree brother, play it and be happy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 79.00
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Wiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=Pinball-Wiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.