pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Only_Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2164 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Talked to Doug at CG and they are planning on making a saucer kit in the near future.

Bring it on! I will get these as soon as they drop.

1 month later
#2942 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yes they are. I went from Superbands to Titan. Titan rubber is different. The Titan rubbers trap better by providing less bounce back when the ball hit the flipper bat. The Superbands when the ball hits the flipper can bounce into the outlane.

I did the same. I had the translucent green Superbands and switched to grey Titan. I personally liked the look of the Superbands but HATED the way they played. From now on its only Titan for me. I have ordered translucent green flipper bats and plan to use with clear Titans.

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

When I talked to April last week they did not receive them yet.

My dealer, Little Shop of Games, told me yesterday that they have also not received the chips yet. Not sure what the hold up is.

#3141 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yes to a point. I did not put a cliffy on my SOL 400 games in no chipping or damage.

I have just the Mantis style that CGC put on. I have 1,347 plays and also have no chipping or damage

#3289 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No never. Any chance the start button may have gotten held in by accident?

I was thinking the same thing. Never happened on mine.

#3462 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

^This. I am thinking of aiming for the posts themselves. Maybe I'd hit more ramp entrances this way?

This is pure genius!

#3723 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So does that make good business sense? Just let people sell or trade their AFMr LE for something else and move on. No return business, just walk away?

My thoughts exactly! I own both MMR and AFMR SE and knock on wood don't have any of these issues but the taste in my mouth is starting to sour. Seems CRAZY that Doug isn't sending replacement PF's for the guys with the obviously defective ones. I was planning on getting the next remake but now I doubt
it. COME ON Doug and CGC STEP UP AND FIX THIS!!!!!

#3898 6 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Those with issues are generally the most vocal, but there's a major difference in overall tone between this thread and similar "owners" threads that have me looking elsewhere for my next purchase.

I appreciate everybody sharing their experiences, both good and bad, with this table.

Can't say I blame you. Sucks though as the game is really awesome, IF you get one without major issues. One idea would be to find a slightly used one or a dealer that has a floor model that you can inspect. It may even be possible to get a dealer to unbox one before you take it given the concerns that have popped up. For the record, my table and the few that I have seen have NOT had any of the troubling PF issues. Good Luck!

#4101 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

That is really awesome, can you post the 2 pictures you used?

Those ARE awesome, I'd also like a copy of pics if possible.

Thanks!

#4105 6 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Thanks. Here ya go!

Thanks for posting these!

1 week later
#4580 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Has anyone put on Titan Grey rubbers?

I did grey flipper rubbers and clear on slings. They grey matches perfectly.

#4582 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yes, I posted pictures some time ago either here or in the Titan thread....at any rate I love em

I got idea from you after seeing your pics!

#4615 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Let me know how these turn out if you don't mind, I'm going to be in the market for some new balls soon and I've really got no idea which ones I should be buying.

I just got some and they are great! They came with one white glove to handle them! Super nice touch!

2 weeks later
#4815 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What do you guys think?

VERY NICE!!!!!

2 weeks later
#4921 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Is that true for all distributors?

That is my understanding. I was able to get a discount on my SE but only because it was a show special (Florida Free Play this past Nov.).

#4925 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Unfortunately the LE is out of my price range. The SE wil cause enough spousal discontent if it truly is MSRP. Would I regret getting the Standard? I think I would miss that color display...

I would get the SE. If you get the classic you are going to want to add color at some point. That adds $400. The way I looked at it was the larger screen (its AWESOME), shaker motor, Tri color LED main ship and lighted speakers was totally worth the extra $300 over the classic with color.

1 week later
#5004 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

As I understand it the LE has a board for the topper to connect to,.. and the SE doesnt have it (could be wrong),.. so it may only be able to sit inert on top for an SE,... still looks pretty cool though

You are correct, the SE does NOT have the board for the topper.

#5047 5 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

The Chicago Gaming website lists HD color as "upgradeable" on the Classic machine. Has anyone done this or know how it works?

Pretty sure this works like the color chip in MMr. You replace the security pic with the color version. Cost is $399

#5049 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I keep getting a left gate stuck open. Everything works in test mode

There should be directions in the manual on the test you can run to clear this error.

1 week later
#5107 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Thinking about purchasing the classic edition. Has anyone upgraded to color DMD and if so what's the cost of the upgraded.

Pretty sure it's the same as in MMr. $400. At that point I think the SE is a better value because you get Larger screen, upgraded led lit speakers, shaker motor and tri color main ship for $300 more then the classic with color upgrade.

#5119 5 years ago

Here's a weird issue. Was playing a two player game with my son and when he got strobe multiball the GI stayed lit. Then on my ball the same thing happened. When mode ended I got total annihilation and the GI then dimmed and stayed that way till we rebooted. Anyone seen this before?

1 week later
#5155 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Definitely. I noticed the same but in the chart breakdown they say upgradable on the classic so it's contradicting. I would be surprised if you can't get the color

You can for sure. I have seen a classic with color

#5215 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I have an SE and love it.

I also have an SE and love it. You will be very happy!

1 month later
#5471 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You will RULE THE UNIVERSE ! ! !

I was pretty close last night. MUST practice more!

#5504 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

must have been 10+ minute game.

I betting it was a lot longer then that. I'd guess 30 min.

#5517 5 years ago

Check the power cable in the back of the game for tightness.
Check the wall breaker.

Check the fuse in the front a/c power box.

Go up from there.

This is spot on, I'm guessing this is something easy too.

#5528 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

At one point a while back, they said there would be mini saucer kits for the SE, but my guess is that they didn't sell enough SEs to make it worth the cost/effort. Most people bought LEs and with 1k of them, it was enough to fill the current demand. Just my guess.

They also said they would have the larger display upgrade for MMr and that hasn't shown up yet. Hopefully these and others will be available at some point.

#5530 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Happy to announce Attack is Back...
Breathe Breathe

Good news! Now you just have to return home so you can rule the universe.

#5543 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not a fan of video modes but I’ve yet to have it come up.

Video mode comes up after strobe MB and super jets. Next SOL award always seems to be VM.

#5549 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I cant find where to adjust strobe lighting in adjusments. Can someone tell me which number in adjustments it is?

It's in the CGC settings

#5556 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Are we starting a sub forum titled “Ask Rai”; for medical advice ? .....us old guys need a lot of it!

I agree with Budman. "Ask Dr. Rai" section is needed for sure!

#5559 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

you can try and start the thread. But every time I ask him a question his answer is always “buy another pinball machine”

I can deal with that advice!

1 week later
#5627 5 years ago

My SE has the setting

2 weeks later
#5714 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Just picked up this classic model, time to battle some martians!

Enjoy! AFM is super fun.

1 week later
#5771 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What would you do if your wife called you in for dinner with the family and you lit RTU for the first time?

Easy!

Skip dinner...

2 weeks later
#5843 5 years ago
Quoted from lmgesser:

My AFM Remake has a sticky left flipper. It flips but doesn't come back down to rest position. Any idea how I can fix this? THANKS

Check the return springs

#5846 5 years ago
Quoted from lmgesser:

Return springs are okay. Shouldn't be debris buildup

Does the flipper bat move freely when you move it by hand?

#5858 5 years ago

#5865 5 years ago

I'm thinking of getting a set for wall art around my game

For wall art, go for this!

#5867 5 years ago

I really like that!
Who is selling those?

pingrafix

2 weeks later
#5895 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So can you NOT upgrade the classic model to be colorized with this? The flyer says "upgradable," but I dont see where one could buy the color rom?

You can upgrade to color for $399

https://www.gameroomguys.com/Game-Room-Guys-Inventory-Part-Form_3

I'm sure any CGC dealer will also have the chip.

#5897 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone know if a playfield from afm will fit afmr and vice-versa?

What would a new playfield go for?

They will fit each other. However, they are dimpled differently on back.

#5901 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Huh. I have a new afmr playfield that I got just for safekeeping, but now I’m selling my afmr. So I’m looking to part with the new playfield too. Just wondering how I should list it and what cost

I think PPS gets 700-800 for the remake playfields. Chance are they will be available for awhile. Might be worth holding on to it for a bit.

#5904 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

What are some obvious questions I should ask

Make sure it has the updated PIC 2.0.

#5907 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

I don’t think it does. Is that something I can replace myself, or does the original owner need to do so under warranty?

He should have been sent it. If not, have him contact his dealer and get it sent out. Only takes 2 min to pop it in. Out of curiosity, how much are you getting it for?

1 week later
#5928 5 years ago

Glad to hear CGC is taking care of your issues! I have been super happy with the service I have received from them.

#5944 5 years ago

I think our club will have a bunch of new members now that the CE has dropped to $6k.

#5951 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Classic is going to 6k??

Yes. CGC has lowered the price on the CE to $6,000.

1 week later
#5973 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

What is the new pricing on these? I saw reference to a price cut??

Just the CE was lowered to $5999

#5975 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So who's actually honoring that price? Everyone seems to have them for 6500 still.

http://pinballpro.net/shop/attack-from-mars-classic-edition-pinball-machine/

Here's one. Seems like a lot of dealers are slow to update.

#5989 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I think it shout e hitting the middle of the left flipper. That is what my does and it feels right.

This is correct. Mine will every once in awhile hit the left sling but 95% of the time hits the left flipper.

2 weeks later
#6051 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Most important are to make sure you have the v2.0 SOL PIC and the non-cracking plastics. Most machines will probably be trouble-free besides those common issues.

Great advice. Check that you have the V2 pic immediately if not sooner.

#6053 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Mine has a manufacture date of June 2018. I am assuming the 2.0 SOL PIC is written on a chip in the backbox and will check when I get home. How do I check plastics?

There will be a sticker on chip, can't miss it. Just look at plastics close and see if you see any cracks in the ink. I'm guessing with a June 2018 build your fine on both. Enjoy the game!

1 week later
#6116 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Not sure if this is a normal thing now or not, but my classic edition has RGB lights in the main saucer. The feature matrix indicates this is only on the SE and LE models. Happy surprise for us.

Bonus! They must have ran out of the single LED boards.

3 weeks later
#6192 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So this is my first day playing my new AFMrLE. I just finished ruler of the universe (29 Billion)

That's a great score. Have you been able to do it multiple times? If so, WOW!

#6215 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippinBallsEric:

Got my SE yesterday - missing the AC power cord. DOH! Had to go to a computer store and buy one.

Yes. Open a ticket with CGC and they will send them to you. Crazy they forgot the cord!

#6239 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

So this just happened! Probably my most epic game ever on a pinball machine!

AWESOME score! Nice job.

3 weeks later
#6366 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

My SE came with the complete manual

Same with mine. Should also have the registration card.

3 weeks later
#6424 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I’m still pretty new into this stuff. Not sure how I’d do that?

Just cut the plug off and attach hook up wire long enough to reach the power supply

#6428 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, tie into metal box in cab by coindoor? Any suggestions on type of wire? Sorry guys. Newbie here.

Correct. The power taps are marked 12v and ground. Just unscrew the plastic shield to get to them. Take the plug to Home Depot / Lowe's and match the wire size.

#6450 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

you guys turn flippers down ? Any other settings mewbies should know ?

Definitely turn down flippers. I think I'm at - 3. However, before you do this make sure you have V2 PIC chip on driver board in back box.

#6466 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I thought it was $400

Correct. $399 from any CGC dealer.

#6469 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Have CE AFMrs been $6k? If so, that'd be very tempting.

Yes. They have been $6k since MBr came out. For some reason most dealers haven't updated the price.

Pinball pro has
https://pinballpro.net/shop/attack-from-mars-classic-edition-pinball-machine/

I bought my MMr here and got great service.

4 weeks later
#6557 5 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Modding is done for the day, I changed all the rubbers except under the rear ramp plastic like way2wyrd said, I also added Lermods under-cab lighting and backboard/trough combo lights, flipper decals and the decal for the force field. I feel proud of myself even though it took me all day. Next up will be the pingraffix powerbladez which I also picked up from TPF, I love this machine

Nice job! Looks GREAT!

2 weeks later
#6616 5 years ago

It's a weird bug. Also happens on my MMr

#6618 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys is there anywhere in this thread about the left flipper being weak?

First thing to check if you haven't is the return spring

2 weeks later
#6723 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

The left flipper is snappy, like you would expect. The right one seems to flip ok but goes down slower if that makes sense

First thing to check is if the return spring has busted.

#6802 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

The thing is .. he had the 2.0 SOL so based on that and everyone else here that's why I'm hopeful.

What's the build date on your game? Seems crazy that it had the old PIC in it.

1 month later
#6991 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

However... holding the left flipper down does not always guarantee the ball is able to orbit around to the left flipper. Might this suggest a separate issue or is it that you cannot always successfully get an opportunity

One thing you can try is to swap the flipper opto boards.

1 week later
#7009 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Anybody have an issue with the ball coming off the right wire ramp near the shooter lane and going down the right out lane?
This has happened a few times to me.

Yes. Adjust the ramp. I just loosened the nut at sling and slid the ramp to the left. Solved the issue for me.

#7012 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

It's already centered over the inlane. It's been flying off the ramp into the outlane

Mine was too till I moved it a bit off center to the left.

#7026 4 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I did and I’m glad I went that route. I noticed chipping on plastics artwork from air balls and such after only a couple of months. I personally think they enhance the GI lighting as well.

What one's did you go with?

#7049 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Add a color dmd for $250. That is a nice upgrade.

The Color upgrade chip is actually $399. The displays are color to begin with, the chip just unlocks the color and higher res dots.

#7100 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

The game arrived and this is what the playfield looks like, look at the inserts and playfield :

That PF should have never made it through QC. The problem now is CGC only warranties the game for the original owner. I'd still try reaching out to CGC and see what they say.

#7116 4 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

So since NiftyLED isn’t in business anymore, is there still a way to get the cool white LEDs?

Comet bought out NiftyLED so I would check with them on availability.

#7122 4 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Natural white from Comet is very similar to cool white. CGC put warm leds to simulate the incandescent look from the original, is my understanding. Order a few and see if you like the color temperature in your AFMr!

These won't work as the bulbs on AMFr have a different base.

#7124 4 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Yeah I have checked Comet and didn’t see the specific bulbs for the remakes on there.

Same. I remember that when they bought NiftyLED they said they would continue to carry the bulbs. I'd email and see what the scoop is.

#7136 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Awesome, thanks for the advice!

For any of the CE owners, does it come with leg protectors stock?

Yes. All the remakes do in each trim line.

1 week later
#7152 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Does the DMD color upgrade on the CE also allow the main saucer to have red, blue, and green lights instead of just red?

Some have reported that it does.

#7153 4 years ago

Totally worth the $400. Not only do you get color but you also get higher res dots. It's a night and day difference from what you have now.

#7168 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I think the big deciders for me are the larger dmd with higher res animation. I also like that you get metal saucers.

The saucers are just spray painted with silver spray paint. Can reproduce this easy.

#7185 4 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

I have an SE and would love to have the multicolored mini-saucers. Would a mod be possible to allow this?

CGC posted way back that they were looking at selling this as an upgrade kit. Been no word since though.

3 weeks later
#7249 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I played AFMr on location, this past weekend, not that familiar with the game. Is it unlike MM/MMr in that during multiball, you cannot advance the central saucer 3 bank with hits?

That's correct. Trick is to have shield down before starting MB.

#7251 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

having the shield down (the 3 bank?) before multiball only allows you to work on the current saucer city, you cannot say get 2 saucers during any one multiball like MMr lets you endlessly work on the castles.

That's correct. Once it's back up it stays up till multiball ends. I try to save the multiballs till I get to the third or fourth country.

#7253 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Well, there's always Dirty Pool!

Good point! I just wish I could get it more.

#7257 4 years ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

Hi guys. I just had my left flipper die and go completely unresponsive while playing a game. It's not responding to the flipper test in the menu.

wire off coil?

1 week later
#7290 4 years ago

Interesting, i feel just the opposite lol.

It's all about setup snd adjustment in your case I think.

I agree. The remakes actually have better cabinets as they are 100% plywood. The originals have press board bottoms.

2 months later
#7513 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Otherwise, they are just going in the trash.

You should hang on to them just in case a rubber breaks. Can use till you get a replacement

#7526 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Agreed. Titans LOOK amazing, but PLAY AWFUL compared to the real stuff. Going to try the Perfect Play flipper rubber to see how it plays.

If you don't like Titan then your really not going to like Perfect Play IMO. Titans play way closer to rubber then PP.

1 week later
#7608 4 years ago

I'm hoping CGC comes out with a RGB GI kit for AFMr like they just did for MMr!

3 months later
#8208 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Number 741 in the house. Bought from first owner, very pleased with it!

You may want to check under MB, Looks like you may have a Frankenstein infestation!

4 months later
#8590 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

My project last night, custom painted Martians!

Those came out AWESOME! Nice work.

#8593 3 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I’d be open to painting some aliens if you want. The shipping would be expensive though.

How much to paint a set of 4? I'd love to have mine done.

7 months later
#9223 3 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

Anyone know where you can get these in US?

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-light-domes-twist-on.html

They are just normal twist on dome tops with a dab of hot glue. I replaced mine with green.

1 month later
#9326 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I know planetary pinball sells them but they are sold with the ramps attached as an assembly.

Reach out to them and I'm sure they can help you out.

4 weeks later
#9345 3 years ago

You can tap power right at the power supply.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 210.00
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Only_Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=Only_Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.