pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#921 6 years ago

I have a question. I'm looking at the underside and the wiring and im thinking how do you go about fixing things. Im planning on picking up a remake whether it be AFM or MM and im new to repairing stuff with little to no soldiering skills. I'm seriously worried about purchasing one and then have it bust and it being an 8k rock

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

All the common things like switches, coils, are easy to fix. Youtube is littered with short how to videos. Start learning.
As far as boards, anything surface mounted you'll need the right equipment and skills. Since you have little or no soldering skills, you wouldn't be working on any older boards with all through hole components either.
LTG : )

Well at this moment im trying to find a complete guide on youtube on how to replace a flipper. It's been a complete nightmare and im more confused than ever after watching some of these videos. So youtube hasn't really been helping me At this point im gonna have to hire someone. I know with the originals i can find someone to fix it if need be but the mechanics in my area wont touch the remakes.

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

There have been multiple flipper mechanisms used over the decades... are you only looking at videos regarding the 2 remakes? I haven't received my AFMR yet, but I can't imagine the flippers are really any different to those used 20 years ago. Also randomly watching videos isn't the best way to learn how to do something specific like replacing a flipper on a specific machine. Any video is going to make far more sense if you've got the machine in front of you and can see and move the things they are talking about. Honestly I think you're putting the cart before the horse here... If you're really going to get a machine then do that and worry about what to do when you have an actual problem. SMD boards are out of reach for most people as Lloyd mentioned, but anyone with rudimentary skills (ie a normal level of hand/eye coordination) could replace a flipper.
And any pinball mech who says he won't touch a remake without even knowing what the issue is (ie a blanket "no")... is leaving money on the table and I can't believe any would do that.

Quoted from Damien:

I'm pretty certain the flipper parts are the same as the original, and rebuilding or repairing them is pretty simple once you muster up the courage to dive in. I bought my MMR (first pinball machine I've ever owned) in February of this year, and the flipper started to bind almost right out of the box. It was a total nightmare for me, and not only did I not have any soldering skill, I didn't know a single thing about pinball machines. I also didn't have any contacts to techs in my area.
Fast forward a few months, I'm still a noob, but I got onto one of the local forums, met a few people, and they helped me with some of the questions I had. I also annoyed the shit out of people on this forum I'm sure haha.
But now, I can solder large stuff (haven't tried board work yet) and when something doesn't feel right on my machine, I don't panic. I'm confident enough now to take a few things apart, and see what is going on. On my TOM recently, I had an issue where the left flipper would trigger the left slingshot kicker. Took the switches out, widened the gap, and presto, problem solved. Seems the vibration from the coil was causing the kicker switch to touch because it was bent to close together.
If you want to PM me, I'm more than happy to try to walk you through any basic stuff that you might be stumped on. If it gets more complicated, you can always post your questions here and someone should be able to help out. LTG is pretty much omniscient if things get really complex
Now about those games... If you want my opinion... Get an MMR! I seriously can't stop playing this game, even though I've beat BFTK 3 times. It never gets old! I play it way more than AFMR! But that's just me.

The Flipper issues are on my indiana jones 93. LTG had said watch youtube and im countering by saying hey i can barely fix a flipper. Heck yes im nervous about getting a remake. Even though my stuff doesnt get much use. I dont want to derail the thread much longer. I'm hoping by the time i get one in march ill be confident enough to fix it

#931 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

honestly mate you don't have anything to worry about. Firstly flippers on the remakes are like flippers on just about any other game so I wouldn't worry about not being able to fix that - the repair guys can fix them for sure.
Outside of the flippers yes there are some specific parts unique to the remakes, but nearly every pinball has unique parts - so far I've not seen any reports of anyone having a problem with them but even so they are all relatively straight forward to replace if need be.
Secondly my MMR has been the most reliable machine I've ever owned, nothing has gone wrong with it nearly 18 months play now.
Neil.

Yeah im pretty excited. I'm doing all the research i can and i plan to purchase sometime between March-May.

Quoted from LTG:

Time to find new help. Or a local collector to help. Ask here if anyone local can give you some hands on help.
The flippers are the same as used in every Williams fliptronics game.
LTG : )

Pinball life sells replacement flipper assemblies already preassembled. So all i got to do desolider, swap and resolider. Lil pricier but ill be able to get my indy back up and running and on the bad flipper ill practice on that

1 week later
#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I was going to recommend you doing that.
Good Luck.
Robert

Yeah i was able to get it swapped out. Plays like a brand new game now

3 months later
#3316 6 years ago

So ive been following this thread for a good while and i was interested in picking any of the remakes up in may(fingers crossed). Frankly im a bit concerned about some of the issues people are having less than a year after they've dropped 7K+. I'm not trying to throw salt in no wounds but is anything being done about these issues?

#3579 6 years ago
Quoted from Rackleye:

Joined the club today. Really happy with my first NIB experience. Also really happy with my experience with Joe at pinballstar. Will definitely do business with them again when I get my first NIB JJP machine.

Love the road show. What lights are you using in the backbox?

#3744 6 years ago

If i spent 8k and got a playfield the wrong color and was told thats normal I would lose my absolute shit.

1 week later
#4194 6 years ago

Played a collector quality AFM at a tournament last night. Owner has had 10+ years. No cliffies and all his holes look brand new. No chipping, no planking. Game looked so nice i thought it was a classiic remake. Something clearly went wrong with the last batch of afmr

1 week later
#4541 6 years ago

Hey guys here some positive news. I finally got to play a remake. It was an mmr for a tournament and holy snacks was it nice. The lights, the shaker, the hd color display. It was one impressive machine. The owner has had it for 2 years no issues, didnt see any chipping, or planking. Looking forward to the next remake to be announced and also playing afmr

3 weeks later
#4790 6 years ago

If anyone is looking to leave the club im interested in purchasing an LE. Thought id ask before i purchase a new( if available). Also how would i find out if a specific number is still available. Im looking for #999

#4793 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I may look to buy an Iron Maiden, and get out of my AFMRLE. The ruleset and flow really impressed me

Thats cool but New york is way outside of my driving radius and i dont ship

#4820 6 years ago

Anyone know if any dealers(4 hours from richmond virginia) have any LE's left? I've never bought NIB so i have no idea how to find out what dealers are around

1 week later
#4883 6 years ago

Is there any huge difference between the Le and the Se besides the topper and the powdercoat? I’m debating between the two

#4933 6 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of the LE in black trim. Deciding between Black and Green Trim

#4944 6 years ago

Appreciate all the responses everyone.

#4950 6 years ago

Hey Guys im gonna be ordering a new Afmr in a day or so. What are some things(Add-ons, Cliffies etc)that i should purchase for the game. Does a nib come with leg protectors?

1 week later
#5038 5 years ago

Never thought id be here. But #914 ready for battle. I've been fortunate no problems out of the box, colors correct and the pic chip was already installed. Game is way harder than the original. Had to dial down flipper strength. Shout out to Kurt and Mark at hemisphere amusements. Went out of the way to help a first time NIB purchaser. I'll be buying from them again

IMG_2062 (resized).JPGIMG_2062 (resized).JPG

#5076 5 years ago

Hey guys how does pitch work? I'm trying to make my game a bit easier and reduce all the drains down the middle. This is currently what my front and back legs look like. Does the bubble at the bottom means its easier or harder. Also im having a problem with the upkick. Sometimes if a ball slams into the lock or through the ship hole. When it goes to kick the ball up it doesnt come out. It usually comes out the second time. Only once it took 3 times to kick the ball out. Is that normal or does something need to be adjusted.

IMG_2079 (resized).JPGIMG_2079 (resized).JPG

IMG_2078 (resized).JPGIMG_2078 (resized).JPG

IMG_2077 (resized).JPGIMG_2077 (resized).JPG

#5109 5 years ago

Anyone with glow in the dark rubbers. Do they actually glow or should i just get Green?

1 week later
#5186 5 years ago

Hey guys im still having trouble with the vertical upkeep. Poppers are on max and the game has been leveled numerous times. Last few games its taken 2-3 times to successfully kick the ball onto the ramp. Whats the next step i should take?

1 month later
#5339 5 years ago

Where can I order the greed lighted leg protectors and also does anyone have an extact rubber list. I’m planning ordering green titan rubbers

3 months later
#5900 5 years ago

What speaker lights and sound systems would people recommend to put in a mmr? (i know this is the afmr thread)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 79.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrawesome44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=Mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.