pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

Have an LE on order....anxious to be a part of this club!!!

1 month later
#150 6 years ago

Just got notice from Automated that my LE is shipping mid September.....looks like I'm almost in the club!!!

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Medfly:

Automated shipped mine yesterday!!!!

SWEET!!!....LE? Super congrats!!! Mike doesn't screw around...great guy...

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Me too! Just made my final payment, so the martians should be attacking my gameroom in September as well.

Congrats!!! Sending mine Monday, so right behind you.....

1 week later
#234 6 years ago

Great minds think alike.....

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Game is amazing!!!!!
Glad To be an Enabler

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!...stellar lineup(s)!!!!

#305 6 years ago

Ok...my green LE coming next week....who's been playing with Titan colors for this machine? Think I saw some grey flippers earlier, any other thoughts, pics yet?

Think that, PDI, and some underglow may be all this bad boy needs.....

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

rock customs has a awesome interactive under cab lighting kit.

Agreed ...I know Chris pretty well ( great guy), and we've done some creative lighting in the past ( sorting through BM66 at the moment)

Mainly curious on rubber colors that have been tried already on this machine....

#311 6 years ago

Bam!!!....in the club....

IMG_1720 (resized).JPGIMG_1720 (resized).JPG

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Congratulations MK6PIN! Excellent !!!

Got about 10 games in today (always leave them in my office to play for a couple weeks before bringing home and putting in lineup)...the game is absolutely stunning visually, amazing gameplay, very, very solid!!!! The saucers and topper are truly more than what I expected...

This game surpasses my expectations x1000...played an original several times on location...this is a different animal!!!! great job, CGC!!!!!!

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That is one bad ass topper.

It is truly a badass machine on several levels!!!...I've been blown away by this thing...hard to describe...a mix of early dmd game " feel", w modern tech, and a blast to play.....

Martian jumping up and down on the topper scared the shit out of me the first time it happened....

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Someone else had a box that showed up like that(maybe worse) and the game was fine. After reading your're most recent post, I'm surprised they don't want you to tear it open just a bit and inspect without opening.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-unboxings/page/8#post-3905698

Concealed amage can bite hard if the box looks like that...absolute rule...don't accept it unless your willing to fight over problems that aren't initially evident....been down this road a million times.

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

After unboxing one, it just appeared as though it caved in in the empty area of the box or weak spot when topper is tied to. There's nothing for about 14 inches down and the game sits on foam underneath and is protected for 2.5 inches on bottom and 4 inches + on the sides. The topper sits on top of the coinbox and is that is protected by foam as well. The side it gets trucked from is the side the cabinet is right against.
I get it, it's a lot of money and always better to be safe than sorry. Just sucks to have a game right on the front door that has to be sent back and CGC has said to refuse it, so can't really go against that. Sorry you have to go through that

Completely agree, and I've made exceptions when the item was crucial for a time sensitive install. Got bit a couple times.

I think these games are packaged amazingly well, and are designed to take a hit or 2. I'm more concerned for the poster that there's been excessive vibration, inherent impact to internals, that may not show until they game is set up, running, and suddenly a bracket falls off, broken assembly, etc.

Very sad for him, as the thrill is overwhelming, but if CGC said send it back, I'd heed the advice....short term joy will be far outweighed if this thing took a shot....

#383 6 years ago

Revisiting the scoop.....looked close today, and I've got Mylar right up to the scoop hole ( both sides), where the mantis comes up nicely. Do I really need the Cliffy? I've put them in many of my machines, but this one looks pretty tight as is....am I missing something?

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's not a bad idea. I may have to steal it. I'm not planning on putting a cliffy protector there, but everywhere else. I'm still waiting on my set to arrive as he was backlogged a couple of weeks ago when I ordered. My bad for waiting until the last minute. Everything is holding up very well so far. The mantis protector is set just right.
I updated my code today so that I could adjust the strobe. Wow! I put it on max and may have to dial it down a notch. It was friggin intense. It was nearly impossible to keep track of the balls in play. I also have the blackout mode set and play in the dark.

This machine is just sick...love it!!!

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Game 150 in the house, it plays perfectly...
This game is a home run, nice going CGC!

Completely agree!!!

#442 6 years ago

Sounds like plastic protectors will me a must....are these the same as original AFM? Best source?

#455 6 years ago

So, minor question ( love the game):

Did the LE ship with any goody bag of sorts ( # certificate, key fob, etc.)?

I think I just got the manual, bag w tilt weight, balls, and power cord plate.

Truly think this is an amazing machine....just curious of the little things...seems they might have wanted to put some commemorative paperwork or something with it.....

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Played a couple of AFMr and there is no flipper delay.

Agreed....starting to get the feel of this great machine...a great play, and zero flipper delay.

#574 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Had to walk away from the game today... Maybe I got to used to MM... Maybe I just flat out suck at pinball... But the drains in this game are absolutely punishing!
My average score is like 2-3 billion... Get my ass handed to me haha!

Ditto here...love this game!!!

#576 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When I look at the scoreboard on Pinside, and see guys with 80-100 billion, I'm like f#$& pinball!
My best score so far is 10 billion!
I created a post comparing MM to AFM, but now that I have both, I can definitely say that there differences are greater than the similarities... Even though they definitely have a LOT of similarities!

I like MM a lot, but AFMR smokes it, imho.....I haven't even made 9 billion yet, so don't feel bad....this machine is just a blast to play, but ruthless....I shall play better!!!

1 week later
#682 6 years ago

After playing for awhile. I ended up at 6.7 on mine. Lowered flipper and sling strength by 1 level. All that being said, this is a very brutal game, with lots of opportunity for airballs coming from the center. Fast shots, unforgiving post spots, and other things seem to make for an exciting, exhausting experience. A great machine.

This game is a must for plastic protectors, imho......ordered a set from pinbits last night. Hope the original AFM plastics are the same size as the ones in AFMR (Lloyd)?

#687 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

FINALLY!

... apparently time stops when I turn off my machine

How do you become Ruler of the Universe? Some guy named TEX rules mine from February!!! I'm on the board as grand Champion with around 9 billion ( I know, I know...play better), but is it score based or what?

#689 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

You have to complete all the in game achievements; Super Jets, Super Jackpot, Martian Multi-ball, Total Annihilation, Conquer Mars, and 5-Way Combo. Once completed, the Rule the Universe mode will light at the SoL Hole; this starts RtU multi-ball where you need to score 5 billion points within the allotted time to win the mode. This actually pretty much a gimme since there is a constant ball save that last the duration of the mode and everything target is worth huge points.

Umm, I guess TEX will be ruling mine for awhile.....geez, How can I like a hobby so much that I'm barely average at?

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It's not easy to accomplish all that. But it's definitely attainable. That's part of what makes it a good game . The ultimate goal is hard, but not so far out of reach that us mortals can't do it.

Fortunately, I keep my expectations low, and will catch a good game every now and then.....love this game!!!

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I wouldn't feel bad about not getting it right away, it took me 179 games to complete it and I already had a solid strategy on how to get there. I do think adjusting the flippers helped a lot as I was able to get fairly consistent at hitting the ball lock.

Do you droop them a bit? The posts and Martian hits are killing me right now. Think I have to slow my roll a bit....

#695 6 years ago

That's how I set mine.....I seem to hover in the 5-9 billion range right now, I'm sure it will progress when I get my plan sorted, and hit my shots better....great pin!!!

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Check the flipper return spring. Mine broke within the first 2 days of owning the machine.

Whoa!!!....mine did the same thing, but just fixed it, didn't post...

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

32B. You suck! I just had a great game, for me, and barely hit 8B. I was just about to finish Mars and drained my ball 2 extra ball, and very shortly after that, drained ball 3. D'oh, but still a total blast.
I must say, I am starting to hit shots intentionally more frequently.

Don't feel bad...right there with you....just walked away from the damn thing...a definite love hate relationship at the moment. My timing on this game just sucks right now.....machine is awesome, however...very, very glad I grabbed one..

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

May want to give Mike a call at Automated, last time I checked he has LEs in stock ready to go out the door.

Mike rocks...suspect you're right....I got mine from him, first batch of non matching #s....

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have had my afm over a year with thousands of plays and i have yet to rtu or even beat mars for that matter . Factory settings with 7.1 angle. Game is fast and brutal . Anyone that has played mine has failed horribly lol.

Good to know others are getting slayed, as well!!!....started a thread about most brutal game out there, mentioned AFMRLE, and got smacked down. I know I'm an average player at best, but this thing is currently kicking the crap out of me!!!

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope everyone that has played mine has said its crazy difficult and fast. I just tried again after that last post and well .... 5 games in 10 min lol. Very frustrating but thats why its mu favorite pin of all time. I do have mine set up pretty difficult with the outlanes and very very sensitive slings.... also waxed regularly.

Yep, got mine @ 7.0 w standard outlanes....freakin tough!!!

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

Same here on 195. I had a spare from a stern machine, but CGC replaced it since they were sending me a key anyway.

Weird....I had a spare and popped it in...flippers nice and smooth....I play it most evenings, so will find out if it's reoccurring or not pretty quick....doubt it.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

After awhile my start button stops flashing.
Its a very small issue but seems odd.
Is is a bad LED? I took it out and checked the wires, they seem proper.
It starts flashing again if you start a game and flashes for a long time then stops again.
I dont think I have a spare to swap out.
It will not start flashing by pounding on it or wiggling it, only by starting a game or power on/off.
What is the type of LED in the start switch, 6 or 12 volt and the color? I really should get some spares I guess.

Suspect it's in the code for some odd reason.....mine does the same thing...." times out" after the game not played for awhile.

#740 6 years ago

I've only had one oddity thus far that baffles me a bit....left sling will occasionally trigger when I hit the left flipper button. Very random.

Been too busy enjoying the game to pop the the top and see if it's an obvious thing yet.....probably poke around later this week....

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I've seen the same thing happen and its very odd, at first I thought it was caused by the right target bank but I'm unable to repeat it. I had check the leaf switches but the gap is quite large. I hadn't mentioned it since its very sporadic and I haven't been able to identify any pattern to it. I was playing another machine on location today and it exhibits the same behavior.

Yeah..thought I was crazy at first, but it's definitely there. I'm having such fun playing the machine, haven't been very motivated to troubleshoot yet. Mine definitely triggers off the left flipper button, but the ball may not even be in play, and very random in nature. This may be a tricky one, or a very simple fix....I'll let you know if I get inspired and go after it...

Note- I don't think it's the flipper button leaf itself...I've already installed britebuttons ( green) and had both apart...all gaps looked fine.

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yeah..thought I was crazy at first, but it's definitely there. I'm having such fun playing the machine, haven't been very motivated to troubleshoot yet. Mine definitely triggers off the left flipper button, but the ball may not even be in play, and very random in nature. This may be a tricky one, or a very simple fix....I'll let you know if I get inspired and go after it...
Note- I don't think it's the flipper button leaf itself...I've already installed britebuttons ( green) and had both apart...all gaps looked fine.

UPDATE- problem solved...put in a ticket and Lloyd promptly responded. Reminded me of the basics to check first.

Sure enough, the gap on my left sling switches were WAY too tight....readjusted, and game plays flawlessly now. Yet another positive THANK YOU to Lloyd, as he will point out the obvious ( or complicated) troubleshooting path with kindness.

Note to self- check the easy things first before overthinking it.

Second note to self- hoping to make it to expo and see Lloyd again, personally thank him, and buy him a steak, adult beverage, or whatever he may choose. He and I have been through repair battles on several of my machines. I would not have nearly the confidence to work on these things if it wasn't for him.....

#790 6 years ago

I think the black looks great, but went with green. Like it alot. Both seem to be more of a matte as opposed to high gloss, imho, compared to some of my others.

either way is a win...I had to just stick w Martian

#791 6 years ago

Does anyone have an hd pic of the translite they could send me? PM, or my e-mail:

[email protected]

thanks!!!

#822 6 years ago

I have the flippers at the factory angle, it seems to play properly all around.
I have the slings set at min for now, it plays like a classic one I have played before.
The sling leaf switches were a little too closely adjusted from the factory and I was getting a lot of machine gunning and random firing. So I opened the gap on all 4 switches a little and it fixed that.
This also makes the game a little more controllable. The slings wont fire unless you hit them.
The ball rolling along the rubber to the flippers for a catch wont trigger them for now at least.
I wish there was a slightly higher sling power adjustment as it seems a tiny bit low on min.
Im leaving my game pitch at 6.9 (average) and the flippers are at +2 on my game.
For now it seems to play properly. I may raise the pitch to 7.1 later as it will side drain a little less at that pitch but I like the way my game plays right now.

Running 7.1 on mine.....I'm lucky, I guess, as my measurements were within +- 1 degree top and bottom of pf.

Had to open my sling switches too, now very stable.

I'm an old toothpick guy w the gauge and rubber bands to adjust my flippers......machine playing great....

#824 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Also, what do you use the garage and rubber bands for?

Ha " gauge", not "garage"....

I loosen the flipper nut just enough to turn the flipper w slight tension, put the "gauge" in between the flipper base and bushing to insure height is good. Then stick a toothpick in the hole to line them up, holding with the rubber band. Then tighten the nut.

Keeps everything in place when tightening ( for me anyway). Otherwise, I can screw w them forever.

As far as pitch, not sure why your's varies that much. I suspect certain playfields gain a bit of pitch towards the top, but that seems like a lot. I'm also careful to measure the level of the playfield, front and back. That CAN change if your feet aren't set right....makes a difference for sure in rampflow....

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yeah, stupid auto correct!
What sort of gauge is used to align the flippers?

The gauge is the one included to set height, not alignment...that's what the holes in pf are for. As I recall ( there have been threads on it) W/B was supposed to have the back of the flipper even w the toothpick in hole, w rubbers off, Sterns face the toothpick in the middle. That's how I set mine, anyway....

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Ahhhhh, ok that makes sense. Yes, I have the spacer tool and use anytime I adjust my flippers.
But the "back of the flipper", I'm assuming you mean the bat itself (no rubber) rest on the toothpick/drill bit in the hole?

Correct...just checked mine, and it's exactly the way they're aligned. I did it, though, but pretty confident it's right

1 week later
#908 6 years ago

Apologies if answered somewhere in this thread ( can’t find it). My LE playing great, but notice after a period of time, the start button light goes out. I can still hit it and start a game, light comes back on. Pretty consistent behavior ( I haven’t timed it, however)......is this normal? Seems a bit odd....thanks....

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Seems normal.
LTG : )

Got it.....thanks Lloyd....

1 week later
#973 6 years ago

That really looks great!!!....12v at the speaker LEDs really opens up some great options...

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Frankmac's video is Rock Custom.

Link please...Chris is making mine now, w a couple extras....should be awesome!!!

Never mind...just scrolled up...geesh, I’m lazy...

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Sounds to me like your issues are with your distributor and not with CGC; this s just my opinion, but it may be time to look for a new distributor as others like Automated Services (pinballs.com) have LE's ready to go out the door right now.

Beat me to it....call Mike at automated...get your game...enjoy it...move on. Great machine!!!

3 weeks later
#1257 6 years ago

Any clue where this piece came from? Found it under my right martian on the playfield.....can't seem to find it's home.....thanks...mark

20171123_163315 (resized).jpg20171123_163315 (resized).jpg

a better pic:

20171123_165212 (resized).jpg20171123_165212 (resized).jpg

#1265 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Top of right ramp i believe....where it screws into wireform.. not sure how ot wld come out unless the screws also came out..

All screws there...weird

20171123_175614 (resized).jpg20171123_175614 (resized).jpg

#1268 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Now you have a spare!

I'll turn the lights on and pull the glass....tommorrow......playing fine right now..looks important, but man , not seeing anything missing..

#1270 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol. ..who knows ... looks like the piece i mentioned tho

Better pics: A Thanksgiving mystery....

20171123_183910 (resized).jpg20171123_183910 (resized).jpg

20171123_183846 (resized).jpg20171123_183846 (resized).jpg

20171123_183828 (resized).jpg20171123_183828 (resized).jpg

#1272 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Still pretty sure it goes on the right ramp....i dont think its a huge deal but it is there for some reason.

I agree, as it "appeared" in front of the right martian...just cant see where it came from....you can see in my last pic there's a similar metal piece, but has 2 pointy edges, and already screwed in place. hmmm...

#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

bigd1979, That is different than the piece in mine. Mine looks like MK6PIN's pic.

How did it get out w the screws in it.....dammit....gonna pull the glass.......

#1276 6 years ago

Ok...pic one...glass removed, both screws tight. Spacing on my " mystery metal" is the same

20171123_192114 (resized).jpg20171123_192114 (resized).jpg

#1277 6 years ago

Pic 2:

Mystery metal installed after removing the (2x) TIGHT screws, in between plastic and threaded metal base. Snugged the screws back

1511483311179927135809 (resized).jpg1511483311179927135809 (resized).jpg

#1279 6 years ago

Moral of this Thanksgiving mystery....that piece was NEVER installed, and apparently just floating around somewhere, probably under a plastic or something.....WOW!!!!

Guess the intent is make a smooth transition from the plastic to the wireform. My scores will surely rise now....

#1280 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

Yes, your pic is exactly like mine without the missing piece. I think you just got an extra that was used in some games.
Edit: nevermind. I see it now. Better.

Well, its in mine now.....crazy stuff..

#1282 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Well LE already has mirrored sides.
I THINK I’m going to order the pinbladez, the mirrored ones that are cut out. I don’t like the lighted ones. Not sure though as I have an LE with mirror already.

The mirrored blades already on the LE look great.....haven't explored many mods for this one yet, except interactive undercab lighting w green underglow....Chris's kit works great on this title!!!

#1284 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Didn’t realize that. Getting my LE tomorrow. Thx!

SWEET!!!!!

#1286 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Finally Mark! Excited about it

+1000 Doug...I've already started celebrating for you!!!!.....

20171123_195928 (resized).jpg20171123_195928 (resized).jpg

#1291 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Crazy.... wonder how and where it was ....

That will remain a mystery, I guess....funny thing....I changed all the rubbers, added plastic protectors....been playing the crap out of it.....quite the mystery....thanks for the help guys....!!!!!

#1292 6 years ago

Love this machine, btw......couldnt be happier being in this thread!!!!

#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

AFMr SE with PinStadium...blowing the saucer up just got a lot more fun!
Video of UV+Glow flashers tied into the saucer dome...
» YouTube video

I must say, they look great on this title based on your video. Can't quite get wrapped around the whole "LEDS around the playfield" thing yet, but very impressive in this case.....

1 week later
#1455 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Read the previous 30 pages

This^^^^^ plus not a DI club, btw....

2 weeks later
#2011 6 years ago

btw...someone did all the rubber in Titan Gray early on....loved it and did it to my game.....an amazing match!!!!!

#2016 6 years ago

Anybody try UV for backboard light (either flash or GI)? I've got a strip left, and debating it.....this game is so gorgeous out of the box, hard to mod it beyond interactive cabinet lights, and flipper buttons.....

#2053 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Ok so I shot down 32 saucers but i used the smart bomb No Extra Ball!

LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

1 week later
#2279 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

CGC already announced that they were not going to sell the LE topper. They would look like douche bags if they came back and said they were just kidding. So I think that discussion is really off the table at this point..

Agreed....try buying a BM66LE topper. Nothing wrong w keeping "LE" features exclusive to that model. Doesnt mean you cant bling your standard w custom armor, mods, etc.

Pinball is certainly not an investment....simply high end toys. If you want a limited edition toy, thats what it should be. Many specialty companies do it..

#2337 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I have always thought games and value a little differently. I don’t buy them as investments, I buy them to enjoy them. If and when I sell games, the value lost (if it’s lost) is easily recouped by my own personal enjoyment of the game while I had it. And I have a rule to sell a game in as good or better condition than I received it in; I have sold games for no profit after putting in tons of work and parts into them; it’s part of the idea of helping to preserve pinball by making sure the games are well taken care of.
For AFM, I bought the LE because I thought the overall package, lighting and color would be more fun than a Classic edition. I am happy with my game; as hard as it is to say this (as all future looking statements are prone to revision), if I had to own only one game, it would be AFM.
Marc

+1000.....you're not alone in your approach....

#2340 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You also do not have to defend your choices! You bought the LE because you wanted to and that’s enough

You're making too much sense....stop!!!

#2346 6 years ago

This theme is not unique to AFMRLE, of course.

Factor in gameplay changes (TRONLE), and a whole other can of worms opened. Sorry to have jumped on this thread during this discussion.

I've really enjoyed my AFMRLE to date....awesome machine!!!!!

#2348 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It wouldn’t bother me personally. But I understand that others don’t share my opinions on the matter.

It bothers me when people that choose to purchase an LE are made to feel guilty for buying what they want, and can afford.

Why this stuff continually comes up blows my mind. Limited should be limited, period. Good grief.....

#2351 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Really, I’m totally neutral on this stuff. I just want people to love and enjoy their games; that’s really what I care about these days.

Completely agree......on to the next topic...

2 weeks later
#2718 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

My very first pinball machine and I must say I don’t think I could have picked a better one to start with. 658 of 1000

You have chosen well....would be really hard to debate this being one of the best machines in a 1 pin setup......strong warning however, it's a contagious disease...soon enough..."just one more game and I'm done" will creep into your vocabulary.....enjoy!!!!

#2775 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Thanks. Yeah it sucks. Feels like everyday it something else with this machine. But I still love it. Opened a ticket with CGC. Hopefully they can resolve this.

Sorry you are going through this...oddly, my AFMRLE was (is) completely solid right out of the box, and I've had it for months (first release group). Had one LED go out on a mini saucer, and they sent me a replacement within a week.

Solid machine....hope your's gets corrected in short order....

1 month later
#4631 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

On the heels of what was a really popular promo for the MMR folks, Ball Baron is offering the same deal for AFMR owners this weekend......
Get 20 Ninja pinballs, the shiniest ball on the planet, for $25 (normally $39).
1. Add 20 Ninja balls to your cart:
https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/
2. Apply coupon code "afmrweekend" at checkout. Enjoy!
Offer expires Sun 3/11/18 @ 11:59pm EST.

And drats!!!!...just saw this...lmk your next coupon date...I have machines in need.....thanks...

4 weeks later
#4871 6 years ago

I think I prefer the mirrors. It looks like a larger landscape that it really is and bounces more light into the game.

I dig the mirrors too....while the game has some elements that are Spidey-like, there are still other modes that make the game very different. It stands pretty strong on it's own, imho....

1 month later
#5120 5 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Joined the club finally on the weekend when I took delivery of a black AFM-r LE that's been waiting for me for since Jan. I can say after a bit of play, that I can finally put the mistake of selling my original owned from new AFM years ago behind me . I absolutely love this thing, forgotten how much fun it was. Has totally erased what little regret I had selling my DI recently as well. Love the quality of everything they done on this machine, including the topper. The only addition I'd like to make is some PDI glass on it to really show it off. Might even borrow some off another machine temporarily!

Definitely do the PDI...congrats!!!

1 month later
#5392 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don’t look now but AFM currently number one pin all time in Pinside 100.
I’ve ordered my AFM LE somewhat impulsively, sure I’ve played AFM a good little bit, but not a lot. I’m going by the reviews and such, plus I don’t have any older pins and thought adding one of the better/best of the B/W pins would be good for my collection balance.
I think (from reviews) AFM is fairly/very shallow and seems to be a lot of hit the saucer shot, I’m curious to hear from the owners why such a simple pin seems to have pushed up past such others like TZ or TAF, TS which are around the same era but seem to have much more in the way of toys and maybe rules.

I have TZ and TAF off your inquiry....also purchased AFMRLE and love it. The game just has massive fun factor, and enough to do to keep you quite busy/happy. I personally am blown away w better, bigger color screen, integrated topper that the LE provides over the original. Shaker is deployed perfectly, imho... Makes this a very unique package, and a great "low key" game to wind down or wind up with for a pinball evening. TZ is...well...TZ, stop and go shot maker that can't be replicated...TAF still gives me a great laugh, and enjoy playing it in different ways (Mansion, vs. GREED points, etc.). All 3 are classics...

AFMRLE sort of sits between the 2 for me....more to do than TAF, but flows better than TZ. The remake is simply a feature enhanced version of the original. It deserves to be where it is...always liked it better than MB, actually. Suspect it is ranking higher now that more people are getting exposed to it. Awesome game...the total package for a pinball machine......you will thoroughly enjoy it....congrats!!!!

#5393 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't think the screen is stretched, if the height and width is the same ratio you are not stretching anything if you have different diagonal size.

Correct.....your sample screen captures the images well...major improvement

#5396 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not a fan of dots either. All my pins have color DMD and I put them on high res or smooth whatever that setting is. Much prefer they to dots but I know lots of people with color DMD that put on dots.
But it’s too bad they didn’t offer a choice of dots or smooth because I’d much prefer the cartoon look. My two cents.
I’m so excited about my new AFM it’s on the truck just in Kentucky now. Hopefully it’ll be arriving Friday but I’ve got no delivery notice yet.

Ditto....HIRES guy here...you'll be very pleased w this, however....excited for you!!!

3 years later
#9731 2 years ago

And I wake up to this..Happy Thanksgiving weekend!!!

Love my grandkids!!
20211126_093413 (resized).jpg20211126_093413 (resized).jpg

20211126_094124 (resized).jpg20211126_094124 (resized).jpg

And into the evening...crazy!!

20211126_171458 (resized).jpg20211126_171458 (resized).jpg20211126_171509 (resized).jpg20211126_171509 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#9768 2 years ago

Merry Christmas Martians!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.