pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5998 5 years ago

Eat at Eddy's Building is in stock at mezelmods!

#6001 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

More in production! Sorry they went so fast- well, I'm not sorry they went fast but sorry we don't have more now! Soon!

Whoa...they got out of stock that quickly? I was slightly worried that I had waited an hour after getting the notification email to place my order (I was sifting through the rest of the site looking for anything else I might want with the order), and …..it looks like I should have been worried! Glad I still got one though.

#6006 5 years ago

I did my first cleaning of my AFMr, just a standard cleaning with Novus 1.

However....I was hoping it was going to be easier to clean the orbits/pop bumper areas, but....it seems I would need to take off most of the ramp plastics to get back there? Any suggestions on best way to clean the orbit?

#6017 5 years ago

Decently new to Pinball...so quick question. Is post passing fairly difficult on this pin? I can post pass no problem on my IMDN, but the ball follows a much different path when I try and post pass on AFMr. Just want to know if post-passing is/isn't feasible depending on the pin...

Also, in my home use environment...I notice a fairly decent amount of...static/ "fuzzy" type noise from the speakers. You know, lets say the speakers are not actively playing a sound, but I can still hear background noise. Definitely louder on the AFMr than the IMDN speakers. Should I check for anything or...is upgrading to flipper fidelity speakers the only way to reduce it?

#6022 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

In my experience, post passing can vary depending on the design of the game, flipper angle, material and age of the rubber parts, etc.

OK...so, just curious, on your AFM are you able to post-pass reliably?

#6023 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

BTW, if you adjust your backbox brightness, is there a difference between MAX and -1? For me, there is zero difference.

No..they are exactly the same for me.

Quoted from ctviss:

Same here with mine. If I set the backbox brightness to MAX or -1 I can hear a soft fuzz when in attract mode (when I'm playing I can't hear the static/buzz at all), but if I adjust the backbox brightness down it gets progressively worse; -2 is more static-y and -3 causes more of a high-pitched buzz, which sucks because -3 would be the perfect setting for me. MIN is only slightly noisier than MAX. I may poke around inside to see if it's a grounding issue, but I'll probably end up opening a ticket with CGC.

Whoa...this is exactly what is happening. On Max and -1....I just get normal speaker sound, no "buzzing" (max and -1 are the same brightness so same sound coming out of the speaker). As soon as I go to -2 the buzzing comes back. -3 for me....is a higher pitched buzzing...a clearly different tone. Min has the same tone as the -2 setting.

I would really like to have the Min backbox setting....because it has much less glare on the PF glass. IMDN is nice because there is a setting where you can have the backbox be at a different brightness level during gameplay and then back to normal during attract. So...I have it at 10% during gameplay to eliminate glare.

#6036 5 years ago

Love the mezel mods eat at eddys building! Just echoing what everyone else says about it...it looks like it was supposed to be in the game. I didn't put tape on the VUK...it seems to stay in place just fine by itself. Plus if I taped it, it was close to blocking a screw on the plastics below it. I like mods that I can easily reverse.

20181115_171225 (resized).jpg20181115_171225 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6073 5 years ago

Bought to place a titan competition rubber order during their sale. Any suggestions on colors that look best on an LE?

#6076 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

These are superband translucent green. Comet rings on the bumpers was also a great investment. Really lights up under the pops and the ring looks great. The trough lights are now on both my machines. The backlights are also great, illuminates the back art beautifully. I will post my Titans for you on the DI page for that machine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice pics! Translucent green looks awesome....too bad Titan doesn't offer that color (just solid green and clear), though they do have a UV glow color that might be interesting on AFM. Those pop bumpers look really good too. I was going to do a comet order as well.

What color did you use for the popbumpers? Natural white/Natural white?

#6078 5 years ago

OK..here is another quick question. From Titanpinball's site....it says:

The Ultraviolet LEDs output light that reacts with anything containing phosphors. This means day glow playfield inks such as Monter Bash, Attack from Mars and others have the potential to fluoresce under UV light. The Titan Pinball Glow in the Dark Competition Silicone Rings reacr with these bulbs. Check out the pictures below.

AFM_glow-800x800 (resized).jpgAFM_glow-800x800 (resized).jpg

I held a flashlight to the playfield inks and they didn't glow? Do they only react with blacklights or..with these special UV leds? Do AFMRs have the special reactive playfield ink?

4 weeks later
#6200 5 years ago

So...is there any way of changing the speaker volume besides the main volume option from the coin door?

In my home game room....AFMr is just loud. I have 0, 1, or 2 as my viable options. On my IMDN, I have 1-6 or so before it starts getting too loud, and on my Dialed In, I have a lot more (1-22 or so). I would love some more volume options besides 3 on AFMr. If I had some way of turning down the volume somewhere else (menu, hardware, etc) then I could get more options when using the main volume.

#6201 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I saw somebody posted that they put theirs in a few posts back but this thing looks way better in person than it does on the mezel mods website. Wicked cool mod that I almost didn't buy!
[quoted image]

Yeah..it was a pretty straightforward install. Now....one way I could see making this better....is instead of the red led strip, if someone made a fire led strips. Like, comet has some 4smd "fire" led bulbs that is supposed to simulate a fire. It would look awesome in strip form inside the building...

#6205 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you go into adjustments and lower the minimum volume over ride so the coin door buttons go lower ?
LTG : )

Yeah, I just looked. It was set to 'yes', which allows to go below the minimum level. Factory default is 'no', which sets volume minimum at 8, which is blaring.

#6213 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Agreed! Is it possible to purchase a splitter from Comet and simply run another Fire strip off of it as well as the red one that came with the mod?

Well, yeah...but...I don't know if someone makes an LED fire strip. The comet "fire" series are bulbs, not strips.

#6229 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please go to chicago-gaming.com and under Support open a ticket on the help desk. It may go to me, I'll alert it to the engineer.
LTG : )

Wait, so you handle support for both JJP and CGC?

3 weeks later
#6335 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Have it on mine and it makes a huge difference. One of the best upgrades to purchase almost for any pin.

Agreed. AFMR uses a lot of bass and a subwoofer makes it sound awesome. In contrast to my Dialed IN....which barely has any bass so I could barely tell I hooked up a sub to it.

#6347 5 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Is there a connection for a subwoofer on AFMr? If not, how would one hook it up?

I used alligator clips on mine...took all of 2 seconds.

2 months later
#6607 5 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

LE #721 Reporting for battle!
My first pin, and I can’t imagine that there’s a better looking one to start my collection. No plastic crackling or play field planking that i can see. The auto plunger was quite far out of alignment in relation to the ball but, after following the cgc pdf instructions for that and the ramp adjustment, ball seems to be launching just fine. Field at 6.5° and flippers at -3 seems to be the sweet spot. I am still getting the occasional jump off the wireform with a clean lock ramp shot, so I may add some weatherstripping on the ramp corner like I’ve seen suggested here.
Thanks everyone for your posts on here-they’ve really helped me get dialed in quickly (and playing sooner)!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome aboard! And...sorry, where did you find that pdf with the instructions?

2 weeks later
#6702 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The scoop should feed the left flipper.
Wall power variations can affect it.
Loosen the scoop mounting screws and physically twist it more to the left, to tighten the screws.
If you need more rotation, elongate the mounting screw holes in the metal scoop to get more rotation.
I rotated my scoop until its firmly jammed up against the playfield wood as far as it can go.
Then adjusted power.
The ball should end up high on the left flipper.
This gives you plenty of room for variation.

Is there a scoop power setting? I was trying to find it in the original settings and the "extended" settings from CGC and couldn't find one...

#6851 4 years ago

Is anybody else annoyed by this light? Its the only light that shines directly in my face when playing. I can twist the rubber martian a bit to try and get his leg to "cover" the light a bit. But wondering if anybody else has noticed this light?

2019-05-06_1918 (resized).png2019-05-06_1918 (resized).png

A new issue also cropped up for me. The shaker motor is starting to squeak, usually just as it turns off and comes to rest. I read through some forum posts...and cleaned the motor with some contact cleaner, which didn't seem to help (it also didn't seem dirty at all). I also reversed the direction that it spins by switching the wires in the connector. I also put a tiny bit of machine oil on the bushings.

Those 3 things just gave me a tiny slight improvement. Next step...is I read maybe applying some dry silicone lube to the bushings instead of the oil might help. I have some wet silicone lube...but may just go and get the dry version since I guess that's what you are really supposed to use...

#6854 4 years ago

Dry lube.
But if it's really noisy contact CGC for a replacement. It might just be a bad one.
Mine is quiet set on medium and I play it daily since week 3 of production.

With the dry lube...would it be awful if I also sprayed it inside the motor like I did with the contact cleaner? Or should I only spray on the outside bushing sleeve? Basically...wondering if the squeak is from the brushes squeaking on the armature and how I could access and lube those (if possible).

Its a july 2017 build date so....a warranty wouldn't be possible (mechanical is only 12 month warranty).

4 months later
#7399 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Can anyone tell me what the Molex/plastic connector type/model is that is used for the GI bulbs? I'd like to buy a few to tap into the cables for adding on some accessory GI lighting.[quoted image]

Yep...I went through the same thing when I wanted to do my own trough light kit. (I wanted to learn how to soder/do own mods and save money by DIY vs buying a kit).

I added a trough light to a IMDN, DI, and AFMr….and each one required different ways to do it.

For attack from mars...its .100 IDC connectors.

I mean, you could just buy the IDC assembly from mezelmods ->

https://mezelmods.com/collections/diy/products/4-pin-100-idc-assembly

But for DIY...here was my setup ->

2019-10-01_0935 (resized).png2019-10-01_0935 (resized).png

and most of the parts ->

20191001_094347 (1) (resized).jpg20191001_094347 (1) (resized).jpg

So the order is ->

1. 7 SMD led strip from comet

2. Comet matrix brightness adjuster

3. JST 2.0 connectors from aliexpress (something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32848166904.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2e874c4dLct124)

4. 22 gauge wire

5. .100 IDC connectors from digikey. (https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3-640620-4/A31090-ND/698308?utm_medium=email&utm_source=oce&utm_campaign=2452_OCE18RT&utm_content=productdetail_US&utm_cid=707689&so=57863092&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWmpBMll6TXdOekkxTTJVeiIsInQiOiI0RHUzUnB3Vm52V290dzZxR1JjNFJDNjBkclowRHRYTW5SSkxRT29oVkorSTZsZkNKWk5KOE5UWjkzVng3MUFUT29odFQ3OWx6UUlzeUg4ZkUyTXRxT1Q4VFArUkttWU1vaTFzSTA0elM4V2ZsdEVpMTl5NW9LMnN5bDBGTnAxQiJ9)

6. .100 IDC z-connector. I bet this strip of z-connectors are at digikey somewhere...but I couldn't find them. I had to buy a strip of z-connectors from mezelmods for $4. They aren't listed on their shop...I think I had to contact them directly to ask to buy it. You don't HAVE to buy a z-connector...you could just splice all the wires together, but I wanted to keep it completely removable.

#7402 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, the NiftyLED bulbs were unique in that the housing used is proprietary. Comet does not and will not ever make these (I've had firsthand discussions with them). What I don't know since I don't possess the game yet, is if you can somehow Frankenstein a third party LED into the existing GI LED housings or if it is a closed unit.

Wait a minute. I haven't had to replace an actual bulb yet in afmr. Are you saying I can't use standard Wedge (555) bulbs that I can get from most anywhere?

#7406 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Correct, you cannot use standard bulbs in the GI since it takes these things.[quoted image]

Oh crap...I guess ignorance is really bliss. I had no idea since I haven't had the need to change one. Where does Chicago expect us to get replacements then if niftyled isn't selling these? Does MBr also using these types of bulbs?

#7416 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

After researching, I can get the JST 2.0 connectors and the Feed Thru Wire Housing from Mouser (fairly local to me). I'm still trying to figure out that blasted 4 pin Z-connector (some look like they are homemade). I have a PM to somebody that sells mods with those included to see if they will share a part number & source with me.
I assume for your Z-connector you just broke off a 4 pin section as you needed it? Also, do you really need the brightness adjuster or is that just a nice to have in case you want to tweak?

Ooooh...yeah, if you can find out the actual source of those zconnectors, that would be awesome. I'm sure they are called something else in the electronics industry besides z-connectors.

And yeah, you just break off however much you need at a time...2,4,6 pin, etc.

And no, you don't need the brightness adjuster. I bought them because I didn't know exactly how much a 7 smd would throw, or maybe a 5 smd wasn't going to be enough...etc. Easier to adjust down from a 7. Which...I believe I did (the 7 was too bright full power). I would probably still recommend though if you have to buy a led strip from comet anyway.

#7426 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Based upon your recommendations, I believe these components should do the trick (minus the Comet stuff):
- Feed Thru Wire Housing | https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/571-3-640620-4
- JST 2 Pin Power Connector | https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/713-321050009
- Feed Thru Z Connector (32 pin designed to be cut to size) | https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MWWS100-2236
Also, instead of buying wire, I'm just going to make my harnesses short (the length of the JST 2 cable) and then use the Comet Matrix extensions to route to where my add-on lighting mods will be.
Just got my parts ordered - now my disappointment of not being able to do add-on lighting has turned into me being really stoked!

Ok nice...glad you found a local place for your electronics....and what another place to buy the z-connectors! Good to see that its at least the same price as mezelmods price so mezelmods wasn't price gouging me.

And with the led strips, you can really just snip them to length? Do you have to do anything to the end of them once you cut them?

Good luck with your upgrade!

1 week later
#7519 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So here are my pics after updating all of the rings and sleeves to Titan glow-in-the-dark and also adding the Pinbits green plastic protectors. I really like the way it came out. My Cliffy's are on order and I have some light strips coming to illuminate the scoop and center trough using my homemade wire harnesses.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang...I wish I did Glow in the dark when I switched mine out. Bet it looks cool in strobe multiball. I did all green titan, which looks good too, but not as cool I guess. I should get a set of the plastic protectors too...really looks like it makes things glow.

#7576 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So here is my first prototype. I still need to put burn marks on it, but overall I think it came out pretty good.
With PinStadium
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Without PinStadium
[quoted image][quoted image]

Its coming alone nicely! The big improvement for me is the lighted sign which I think looks great.

2 weeks later
#7638 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If you are asking me, a simple picture should do the trick showing the connections (pic is missing the included Z-connector which allows you to connect to an existing GI wire for power). This is not my original idea, and full credit goes to Gogdog for the idea and instructions he posted earlier in this thread. It would cost someone as much or more than what I'm charging to source the materials and build for themselves. However, I know that many guys would rather buy a readymade piece than to go to the effort of creating their own, so I thought I would make them available to anyone who might be interested.
I'm making them for $5 a piece and the first order has to cover packing materials and shipping cost (thus, the extra $5). I know what parts have to be ordered, how to make the pigtails, and test each one before I ship. These allow for anyone to simply add lighting mods without any physical modifications to their pin (i.e. they are fully reversible, and do not require modifying the existing wiring whatsoever.
[quoted image]

Just to clarify....it wasn't my idea either. I just copied the mezelmods connector when I made my own.

#7670 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I received my PinStadium lights today, and just finished installing them. I must say that I am not disappointed. For now I’m just going with a fixed color and brightness (not using any of the randomizations), but I love how it brightened the game. I have it set to where lighting is more cool in color the way I like it. I can also now actually see the backboard.
My favorite part has to be the UVs tapped into the center saucer flasher - awesome light show!
Without PinStadium
[quoted image]
With PinStadium
[quoted image]

Ok...so I'm looking for a definitive answer on this. With the AFMrs….did they use phosphorescent paint for the green on the playfield? (saucers, highlights around the light lock triangles, etc).

I have tried holding a flashlight to the paint and it doesn't glow like "glow in the dark" paints do. Do you have to have special UV bulbs to make them glow?

I also tried out and installed some glow in the dark titans but they sure don't glow much.

20191102_134542 (resized).jpg20191102_134542 (resized).jpg

I'm wondering if its because there are no UV lamps. I could switch out my red trough light for UV though if its going to make a difference...

#7673 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Look up a few posts: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/154#post-5282406
The paint is UV reactive and requires UV light to “glow”, not a standard flashlight. The paint is not phosphorescent (ie it does not charge and maintain luminescence).

Thanks guys..yeah...I didn't see the recent pic (dumb mistake on my part)...thanks all for the explanations!

#7741 4 years ago

How long of LED strips do most people use for undercabinet lighting? 10SMD, or...20SMD+?

Huh...I would have thought comet pinball would have rgb led strips...but I can't find them there. Do we have to go to Ebay or something to find them?

#7744 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I can't speak to the length, but if you want a full DIY and not the plug-and-play kit from Lermods or the flipper button kit I'm offering, then these will do the trick: amazon.com link »
If you don't want the brightness of the 5050 SMDs, then you could go with a 2835 SMD strip or something in between.

Ah nice...learn something new every day. Ok, so with those strips, you cut in 3 smd sections (so 3, 6, 9, etc), and then solder the wires directly to the strips at the 4 connection points.

Though...the led strips I was buying from comet are usually 6.3V, and these are 12V (though comet does sell 12V versions as well). I guess the speaker lights in AFMr are running 12V that you are tapping into, vs the GI lights (that I tapped into to run a trough light) are 6.3V?

#7749 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don't think you need to make that extra lead for undercab. Your connections will work fine with my undercab, no issues.

We use 4 feet for undercab lighting and use the 5050, 2835 is too dim IMO.

Thanks for the info...wow, I never would have thought 4' worth...I would have definitely made it way too short if I had just guessed. Though now that I think about it, it is a large area to illuminate (the entire bottom of the cabinet). I guess if 4' is too bright for my room, its easily cut after the fact anyway.

1 week later
#7802 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

While playing recently, my SOL awarded "Cow Invasion" and went to the standard video mode, but with cows parachuting in. Really quite odd; I figured I'd seen everything but Rule the Universe at this point. Made me sniff my drink when the ball ended.

I believe you have to hit the launch button when you hit a ramp and the "cow" voiceover line comes on. The line is different for each ramp. I think for the left ramp its just "MOOOO!"...

#7803 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Haven't played pinball for almost 30 years and is currently in Another town for work.
Planning on getting a couple of games for a gameroom and this local pub had a mmr and an afmr.
When I've looked on Youtube clips i found afmr the least favorable of the three Chicago titles, however playing it's imo a much
greater experience then mm, which i found really lackluster and The playfield construction leaning heavily to the left.
Afm was really fun. Really fun and I loved the shots.
Two worries. It seems fairly easy? Since i havet played for many years, but still having no trouble gaining extra balls and free games.
There was also some kind of short with the specific game. It shorted out and turned of two Times and did some kind of computer reset.
Another thing that puzzled me is that i got some strange Multiball, where all turned dark, but the game still continued thru the Multiball, and then got back to normal. What was that all about?
All said and done. A really nice surprise. Great fun and probably for the kids too.

It sounds like you got to strobe multiball but the strobe light under the alien saucer wasn't working.

Odd to hear about the random reboots...mine has never done that.

#7813 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just at the top of the trough. You can see the black heat shrink at the right where the wires went back unto the apron (had to remove apron to install, of course).
[quoted image]

Thanks for the pic....good timing. I was just about to install my UV trough light strip...and was a bit horrified on how I originally put my red one in ->

20191120_164120 (resized).jpg20191120_164120 (resized).jpg

So this time...I didn't completely take the apron off, I just loosened it enough to slide the wires through the top. When retightening...you can leave enough of a gap for the wires.

20191120_170628 (resized).jpg20191120_170628 (resized).jpg

20191120_170606 (resized).jpg20191120_170606 (resized).jpg

#7817 4 years ago

In that location though..are you worried about balls constantly falling from the backside and hitting the led strip?

#7831 4 years ago

Ok...with help from @mr_tantrum 's advice and 3d printed led strip holders, I was able to make my interactive flipper buttons and under cabinet lighting additions for my AFMr.

20191121_214550 (resized).jpg20191121_214550 (resized).jpg

The under cabinet lighting is great (and yes...lermods suggestion of having the strip the entire length of the cabinet bottom (4') is right....you need all the brightness you can get). Currently I'm a bit disappointed at the brightness of the flipper buttons. It looks bright in the picture...but green is the brightest color for the speaker lights. Blue, red, etc look pretty dim. In real life its not a "strong" lighted flipper button. Which makes sense.....other single color lighted flipper buttons have a bright LED pressed up right against the flipper button but these work by the ambient light produced from the 3 SMD LED strip that's an inch away from it.

I'll have to experiment a bit more with how to make the flipper buttons brighter but not sure it will be possible or not.

I also experimented with comet's UV glow in the dark star post kit. Thankfully...comet is allowing me to return them. Basically....the UV light is just too blue when on...and clashes with the red/oranges/greens of the playfield.

20191120_191326 (resized).jpg20191120_191326 (resized).jpg

20191121_173716 (resized).jpg20191121_173716 (resized).jpg

I still have a UV trough light, which helps the glow in the dark titan rubbers on the flippers, but the blue light isn't so bad there because the strip itself is hidden so you aren't looking right at the blue lights.

And...I do like the GITD rubbers, ...I like the color green they are and they are translucent a bit so it does kind of "glow" when the lights are on, but everything only holds a 1 second charge so when the lights go off (strobe multiball, video mode, destroying a saucer) it doesn't maintain a glow like I was hoping for.

#7837 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Clear plastic nuts to replace the metal nut that holds the buttons in would be a huge help! I thought I had seen some before....

Yes! If there was a clear plastic pal nut...that would be awesome. The metal pal nut blocks a lot of light from the LED strip. A google search hasn't found me any though....

#7848 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Joining the club in a couple weeks. Looks like I need mr_tantrum's decal set for the drop target, his Eat at Eddy's mod, and I'm thinking about the Lermods under cabinet light synced to the speaker lights. I don't have any under-cabinet lighting on any of my machines, so this might make AMFr stick out bit.
mr_tantrum, with the green plastic protector set, did you need to install UV lighting anywhere else to make it pop, other than the trough?

I don't think you need anything to make the plastic protectors "pop"..they are neon colored so any normal lights already from the GI will give you that "tron" like glow...

2 weeks later
#7910 4 years ago

So...I came up with an idea to make the RGB lighted flipper buttons a bit brighter. And it does work...they are a little bit brighter. I just put took aluminum foil, folded it up a few times, and then taped it between the flipper arm and retention metal flap.

20191213_174014 (resized).jpg20191213_174014 (resized).jpg

I am a bit worried about having exposed conductive foil there...I should have just added a layer of packing tape on the outside and that would have insulated it electrically (I think).

#7942 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’m thinking about swapping out my star posts with these along with Comet post LEDs.
Has anyone used either before, and what are thoughts on how it might look?
https://www.pinballlife.com/fluorescent-green-transluscent-star-post-1-116-tall.html

I tried the GITD comet lights and posts...you can see those here ->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/157#post-5317588

It was $36 plus shipping...and thankfully I was able to return them.

I do think green transparent with normal white light would look better though. They would be around the same price...$22 for the comet lights and $4.50 for the posts...but then you have to add in shipping so probably around the same price. Plus you have to make your own wiring harness so you need the parts for that (as you are aware...but they are easy to make).

For me the effect wasn't great enough to replace the GITD with something else so I went back to stock.

#7953 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So I decided to pick up a couple of Big-O Jibbly Marians with Glowing Red LED Eyes from Mick's Pinball | https://www.mickspinball.com/big-o-jiggly-martian-add-on
I really wanted red eyes, but didn't want to take the time or effort of going the DIY path. Anyway, the two Martians arrived today, so I thought I would share. First of all, I really like them. They are slightly larger than the standard ones, and they are more rubbery which gives them additional jiggle. As I did with my originals, I decided to color the muscles with a metallic silver Sharpie to match the LE topper.
By default, the Martians come fully wired and ready to install. You simply slide the original Martians off their metal brackets and slide these on. I did remove them so that I could feed the wiring down through an opening where the shaft that shakes them comes up from below the playfield (it helps to loosen the 4 screws on the bottom of the playfield holding the coil bracket while installing to enlarge the gap). Mick includes clip on wire connectors, but I wanted the installation to be a little less permanent. My solution was to create a wiring harness with a splitter and to solder on connectors to the end of each Martian cable using some Comet Matrix wiring/connectors. It all came together nicely, then I just used the pigtail to tap into existing GI bulb wiring.
I really like the red glow of the eyes and the jiggliness of the Martians. Now, I just need two more of them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

OK...those are pretty cool.

I could see $30 each for the non lighted ones as a reasonable cost. I mean...that would be hard to reproduce. I have no idea how he even made those. My imagination suggests like...a 3d scan of on original martian, then enlarge the scan by 20%, 3d print it, then use the 3d print to make a mold, and then use an injector to pipe in the rubbery substance into the mold? I can't do any one step of that.

But....adding $40 each to drill a hole into the eye socket and add $1 of micro leds? Especially since just like you, I would be making my own wiring harness for this since I don't want to crimp into the original wires on the machine.

That seems like an excessive cost for the lighted ones.

I was thinking maybe I should just drill holes into my existing martians eyes to add the lights. If I mess up...I can get replacement ones for $25 from pinball life. Though replacements at $25....might as well just get the extra large jiggly ones...

#7956 4 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Mr_Tantrum, Thank you very much for the honest write up and pictures..looks great..
Gogdog, FYI I certainly do not have any of the listed tools to have made these..(interesting concept though)..I just hired out a mold maker, per my new sizing and detailed design. For those that understand the cost involved with a project like this, I hope folks can appreciate my cost for the mold being quite a few thousand dollars,,,If I remember correctly the mold I had built for me many years ago for my laser cannons was about $4,900,..plus of course, the material and labor to manufacture...It takes a few years to just recoup the initial cost/s..

Yeah...I thought it would be super hard to make those Jiggly Martians. I think your pricing is great on the nonlighted versions, especially since normal sized replacements are $26...so $29 for larger, jigglier ones sound great. Especially with the investment that you put into the mold. (and...getting the molds filled with whatever substance these gets made with..PLUS..the painting involved...etc).

Quoted from TheMickster:

Regarding the way Mr_Tantrum wired them in, I thought about doing it that way, but I really do not understand what is wrong with just tapping into the existing wiring, nothing permanent and no cutting of the wires, Oh well, I do have the red IDC and the Z connectors if anyone would want those pieces to put together the additional wiring by themselves..but I do not have the white connectors or wired tails that are shown in the above pictures.
Thank you very much for the input,
Mick

I think most people don't like tapping into existing wiring since it doesn't create a super solid connection, and it does cut into the wiring, (even if just a little bit). If you already have the red IDC and z connectors, offering the white JST connectors are way cheaper. You can get 50 pairs of JST 2.0 connectors (like what comet uses) for $1.80 shipped free from china (I still have no idea how they make any money off most stuff from aliexpress). And they already soldered wire to the connectors on the male side! https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?spm=a2g0s.9042647.6.2.503b4c4dUzm2Og&orderId=97964060256474&productId=32848166904

Quoted from TheMickster:

PS it is a bit more detailed, (tedious) with installing the LED's than just drilling a few holes and stuffing in the LED's..anyone else ever work with 36 gauge wiring?

You are right...I shouldn't have passed judgement on the pricing for the lighted aliens until I had tried it myself and known for myself how hard it is to get tiny wires through the eyes on the martians. I'm sorry about that.

1 week later
#7993 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, here is my latest mod - fluorescent green star posts with LED post lights. I really like how they turned out, and the green goes perfectly. The photos don't quite do things justice, but I did the best I could with a camera phone.
Not an exact quantity inventory (didn't count wires or splitters, but I can if anyone is interested), but here is what I used to accomplish this:
- 9 x fluorescent green star posts | https://www.pinballlife.com/fluorescent-green-transluscent-star-post-1-116-tall.html
- 8 x cool white Matrix star post lights: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/star-post-lights?variant=29411774201958
- multiple 2-way & 3-way Matrix splitters | https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-splitter-wires
- multiple 6" & 12" Matrix extensions | https://www.cometpinball.com/products/matrix-extension-wires
- 1 x Matrix Brightness Adjuster (all posts run up to this single adjuster) | https://www.cometpinball.com/products/brightness-adjusters?variant=12493660618796
- 1 x my custom AFMr wiring harness | Mezel's version is here: https://mezelmods.com/collections/under20/products/4-pin-100-idc-assembly
Before: Red posts with Titan GITD ring
[quoted image]
After: Fluorescent green posts with Titan GITD ring
[quoted image]
Fluorescent green posts with post LEDs
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Lower playfield: Game off
[quoted image]
Lower playfield: Game on
[quoted image]
Ball eject post (I did not light this one since it is out of player's view)
[quoted image]

Ok...those look good. A lot better than the UV lights and GITD star posts that I tried to do. And I didn't think about doing those other star posts on the side....(so 8 lights total)...nice job there.

2 weeks later
#8075 4 years ago

Ok....I wanted to see if I could come up with my own way of creating the glow martian eyes, using my existing aliens.

I already had some lighthouse led red pico smd lights, so I used those. Extremely small lights, but are still bright. The wires for these lights really are like thread.

So this is my first martian, and if I come up with a better way to do it when I make the other 3, I'll let you know.

Instead of drilling a hole in the eye, I took a needling pin and simply pushed it straight through the eye.

20200110_194156 (resized).jpg20200110_194156 (resized).jpg

This is completely reversible. When I took out the pin, the hole completely self healed and I couldn't tell where I even stuck the pin through.

Anyway, lighthouse puts a resistor on each led, so you need to remove it. You can either ->

1. cut away the shrink tubing, and desolder the line from the resistor.
or
2. Cut the red wire and later splice it back on.

I'm not sure which is easier. I actually did both.

20200110_195406 (resized).jpg20200110_195406 (resized).jpg

Then, I soldered the red/black lines to the needling pin.

20200110_211852 (resized).jpg20200110_211852 (resized).jpg

And then pulled all the wires through. Wasn't hard.

20200110_212104 (resized).jpg20200110_212104 (resized).jpg

At this point in the project...I was just going gung-ho for getting it done so I stopped taking pictures. But the rest was easy. Solder the resistor back onto the red wires. Then solder the red wires to additional wiring for length, and do the same for the black wires. I then attached a JST 2.0 female connector on the end, so I could connect it to a JST 2.0 male that I had on a wiring harness I made. (I think there are instructions for making one a few pages back).

Anyway....end result!

20200110_222559 (resized).jpg20200110_222559 (resized).jpg

Now that I know I can do it, I'll order some more PICO leds to finish up the aliens. If anybody has any suggestions, let me know.

#8078 4 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

Look good! Are those 12volt LEDs? what playfield lighting did you tie them too?
Also, I can't see in the picture, are the leads feeding down through the hole the alien post comes up through? If so, will the wires hold up to the bouncing?

So...I haven't done any wire cleaning to the setup yet. This was basically just a prototype. Though...I doubt I'll change much when I do the other 3 martians (I'm waiting for more pico LEDs to come in the mail now).

My current wiring has a jst 2.0 connector on it, and that won't fit through the hole in the playfield that the coil uses, but yes it does go through the hole in the plastic, then I just fed it behind a stand up target.

20200111_133750 (resized).jpg20200111_133750 (resized).jpg

I could put a shrink tube sheath around these small thread wires, which would protect them more, though as is they are basically invisible. I would need to make sure to hide a shrink tube sheathed wire more. Not really worried about the shaking. I just made sure the wires had enough slack for the movement. If the leds themselves stood up to the abuse of being pulled through the eye socket and the soder is in tact then I think the shaking is fine (its in rubber too which would probably help with the shock).

Here is a pic of the connector I'm using. Its just attached to standard GI lighting by the slings/outlanes.

20200111_134108 (resized).jpg20200111_134108 (resized).jpg

Huh...for the connector...mezel mods used to sell them for $5 ->
https://mezelmods.com/collections/diy/products/4-pin-100-idc-assembly

But...they don't sell them anymore? It looks like they are now $14? -> https://mezelmods.com/collections/power-adapters/products/mezel-mods-pinball-power-adapter?variant=5855409111069 Though they might have the additional attachment on the end,.....I guess they look like this now from mezel, to handle some of their other mods I guess that uses that other type of connector on the end ->

2020-01-11_1356 (resized).png2020-01-11_1356 (resized).png

Anyway...the connector I made looks like this ->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/153#post-5278178

So...to answer your other question, the pico leds from lighthouse handle a wide range of voltages. Its because they bundle the led with a built in resistor. ->
https://lighthouseleds.com/0402-pico-smd-wide-angle-12v-pre-wired-led-red-ultra-bright.html

They say it works from 9v to 18v, but also state they work at lower voltages. Which...they do! With a multimeter I measured the voltage to the GI as 5.7V.

Whats interesting....is that on the lighthouse led product page, they have a resistor chart for various voltages, and they recommend using a 200Ω resistor for 6V. However...the resistor that comes with the led (as long as I'm reading the resistor color code correctly), is a 1500Ω resistor, so these LEDS should handle even higher than 24V.

Anyway....these leds are still quite bright. I think the brightness isn't too bright, but if you make your own and you think they are still too bright, you could always use a cometpinball.com matrix brightness adjuster. OR....put in a bigger resistor, like...2000 or 2500Ω or something.

You can get a huge range of resistors from aliexpress for $2.50

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32816386187.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.3c207edcw7DmQ8

oh nevermind...get these instead
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32887567119.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.67ba708cTYU2nd&algo_pvid=0f9158d3-20be-4dcc-bac2-5ab2770c3211&algo_expid=0f9158d3-20be-4dcc-bac2-5ab2770c3211-7&btsid=3a516daf-ad15-4ab1-b869-339a1e78f0e4&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4,searchweb201603_53

They are metal-film resistors so the tolerance is 1% vs 5% for the carbon ones I linked to. But...whatever.

#8095 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

ALTERNATE COIN DOOR REJECT LED BULB ALERT - DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!
Okay, since I was the one that started the idea of new rejects and brighter LEDs, I felt obligated to let everyone know what I learned. If you've read my recent posts on the topic, I purchased some brighter 12V LED bulbs to replace the OEM ones in the coin door to illuminate my new "green" coin reject buttons. Soon after, my coin door bulbs were not illuminating properly, and even putting the old ones back in still resulted in ultra dim lighting. After working with CGC support, it has been determined that the newer bulbs drew too much current and caused a failure on the PIN-PCB-CONTRL2 board. Even though they were still 12V LED bulbs, the extra current required to power them somehow resulted in a component failure on the board that controls the 12V power to the coin door.
As a result of using these "non-approved" LEDs I've voided my warranty on my 60 day old board, and I am solely responsible for the cost to replace the board. Expensive lesson learned, and I don't want anyone else to follow my lead on this one. I'm accustomed to doing all sorts of lighting mods on my older games, so I never guessed this would have been an issue. Apparently, the new technology is less adaptable to these types of things and designed to more specific tolerances.

That sounds like bull crap if they are voiding your warranty for that. You bought normal 12V led bulbs from a reputable pinball parts provider. Can we not change any bulb in any pinball machine as it will void warranties? The tolerances on amperage on the board should not have been so tight that you can't put in a different, reasonable led bulb without blowing a circuit board. That sounds like a design failure...not user error.

#8103 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That was my first reaction but after I calmed down and thought about it, I was the one who changed something to be out of spec by introducing non-OEM parts. As frustrating as it might be, I took the risk and I am responsible by the letter of the law. Just wanted to share my story not as a complaint or pity party, rather, I didn't want my idea/action to cause the same problem for anyone else.

I'm glad that you made peace with it, though I still don't agree that its ok. The coin door GI uses standard 12V wedge sockets, and is SUPPOSED to be user changeable/replaceable. That is what it was designed for. LEDs break and you should be able to switch them out. And you are saying "NON-OEM" parts were used...but how are you going to get OEM led bulbs from Chicago? Its not like they have a user friendly store or something.

On the other hand....I do know that you went from probably 1smd bulbs that Chicago had in there...to using 8smd comet bulbs, which....was probably overboard, since bulbs like 8smd are usually used in high powered flashers....but what should be considered reasonable?

What if you put in a 2smd 12v comet wedge bulb and it blew the circuit board? And CGC still gave you the run around that you used NON-OEM parts? Would you do as your namesake says (mr_tantrum) and throw a bigger tantrum? I would...

#8112 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Well, after looking around, BriteButtons offers a kit that they say is compatible with CGC games and they show how to wire it in.
http://www.britemods.com/britebuttons-.html
I am guessing that CGC's position is they don't support any non-CGC mods of any kind, and that owners do so entirely at our own risk, including voiding part or all of our warranty.
This is entirely understandable from their perspective.
I'd say anything non-approved we do with our games it at our own risk.
Disappointing to a degree, and the board failure from simply putting otherwise common LED bulbs in the coin door causing such an expensive problem is frustrating.
As previous posters have said, fixing that board is probably fairly trivial for a skilled electronics tech that can do small SMD device replacement (which is not me)
RM

Wasn't aware of britemods.com before. Looks like they are connecting their flipper buttons directly to the power supply in the cab. The RGB illuminated flipper buttons connect to the same power as the rgb leds in the speakers. At least we have proven that the system can handle it no problem (since I also connected a 4' rgb led strip to the same circuit as well as the flipper buttons!).

They are using radial led boards. Too bad the are only a single color...if someone made a RGB version that would be sweet! Then the RGB mod would be much brighter.

#8113 4 years ago

Ok.....leds came in and got all 4 martians done now. I didn't change anything with my previous process, just got slightly faster at it.

20200115_200914 (resized).jpg20200115_200914 (resized).jpg

And...for some reason I'm just now noticing this lock bar for when you raise the playfield.

20200115_195453 (resized).jpg20200115_195453 (resized).jpg

The instructions in the cabinet say to raise the arm and lock it in place...but how is it supposed to work? I don't see a place where it locks into the playfield. And...the bar has a 1 1/4" rubber ring on it? Did a previous owner put that on for some reason or is it on all pins from factory?

1 week later
#8149 4 years ago
Quoted from jrh7:

Does anyone have a solution or suggestion to mute the bright light shining through the legs of the top left martian?

Glad that someone else has noticed that as well, because it has always bugged me.

My solution..is that you can rotate that martian to the left a bit and the martian's left leg will then block most of the light. The martian is rubber so you have some play with twisting him on his metal holder...and he stays pretty well in that position, even with shaking.

1 month later
#8313 4 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

Even once you hit the sol scoop with blue rtu lit, you still have to score 3bil to complete rtu... You can do it down with tex

Small correction, 5 billion. Not the hardest thing though...long ball saver and everything is lit for jackpots.

2 months later
#8491 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Any sell a nice set of plastic protectors for this game? I tried Mezel mods but the screws weren’t long enough unless I took the washers out and was afraid to do that. Looking for a set for MBr as well

Why would you need the washers anyway if you install the plastic protectors? Regardless, you can go to the hardware store and get low profile lock nuts too.

1 month later
#8588 3 years ago
Quoted from Glangas:

Check out the custom mod my daughter made me for father's day. It's named after our local coffee shop / pinball parlor.
[quoted image]

Nice...much better than my Father's day gift of a card!

4 weeks later
#8642 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I also have both se’s and my wife and kids are all about mb, but I’m all about afm. Dialed in was cool till I realized how important the SIM card was.

I have both AFMr and DI....why does the SIM card value deter you from DI? That is the goal of the pin....to beat modes to collect sim cards. I have SIM card carry over ON (default is off....where you lose uncollected sim cards on ball drain), which ON is what I believe is fair since there are SIM card hold rejects too often. Great pin.

1 month later
#8785 3 years ago

Good score 30 billion
Better score RTU 50-60 billion
Excellent score RTU twice 90-120 billion

I think your scores are double what they should be.

I would consider a "good" game to get you to conquering mars, which puts in you in the 15-18 billion range.

RTU nets you 10 billion (5 billion for the mode and 5 billion for completing it), so around 30 billion by the time you get there.

By the time you requalify RTU (which would only be a couple billion since you don't have cities to reconquer for points), and then beating RTU the second time, you are over 40 billion.

My grand champion score is 44 billion for example, ruling the universe twice, and I've done that a few times now, with the remaining high scores in the 39 - 43 billion range or so.

Considering each RTU after the first probably nets a player 15 billion, to get a score of 120 billion you are looking at RTU 7x in a game.

#8787 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So I've had my game for a few days now, here as some of my initial impressions

2. I've heard everything say this is a high scoring game.... but to me it feels very low scoring. Yes you are in the "billions" but you are really only advancing the first digit by increments of 1-10 so it feels like you aren't really blowing up the score.

I know what you mean. The game has what I consider "straight" scoring. There are no score multipliers, 30x super jackpots, point exploits, etc. Like I describe in my post above, I can pretty much tell exactly how far your game went just by looking at your final score.

#8800 3 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I watched both videos, the second one made me realize a different way to play, also that I don't have that kind of flipper control

He is a great player.

I was watching a bit of the second video...and noticed something. If you go to 3:35, he starts his 5 way combo ->

1. Light Lock ramp
2. Right Ramp
3. Left Ramp
4. Ball Lock
5. Right Orbit (shot 2 of 3, so not completing it).

Is there a setting that allows non-completed orbit shots to continue the combo streak? On my pin, orbit shots BREAK combo streaks unless the orbits are completed (thus allowing the ball to circle around the orbit). If the ball is not allowed to circle around the orbit (i.e., gets directed to Pops instead), it breaks your streak.

Which is why my strategy for my pin is to complete the orbits first, THEN work on doing a 5 way combo. It adds a level of complexity because you need to do a 5 way combo before total annihilation, so completing orbits before completing ramps.

It would be much easier to get a 5 way combo if it allowed noncompleted orbit shots....

EDIT: I realized it re-watching the video. His 5th orbit shot DOES break the combo so he can't continue for a 6-way combo, but still counts as a 5th shot for the 5-way combo requirement. The 5th shot immediately lights the 5-way combo achievement, but the flashing combo lights stop so the 6-way combo is not possible.

2 weeks later
#8875 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m in the club now. Just got it all set up. I didn’t think I’d like the green trim, buts it’s pretty cool in person. I dig it.
This game is stunning all around. Should be fun.
2 things I’ve noticeD though.
1 - My alien on the topper has one eye that isn’t lit. Any easy way to fix this? It’s all plugged in. Is this a known issue. I can’t imagine all that jumping up and down helps any. For now I unplugged the eyes.
2 - When I dim the back glass, I get feedback from the speakers. Is this a known issue? Any easy fix for this. I’d like the back glass dim, but the noise is annoying. [quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know about #1, but yep...#2....known issue, without a fix. Usually there is a setting that is quieter than the others.

2 weeks later
#8920 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

1 - Prep flat work area (floor, table, etc.) with towel, sheet, or some other soft material to protect the glass
2 - Power off pin, unlock backbox at top, lift the lightbox assembly like you would any backglass, then unplug the white connector on the circuit board while holding up the lightbox assembly close to the backbox (i.e. don't forget that it is plugged in with a fairly short wiring harness)
3 - Set lightbox assembly face down on work area and remove the four plastic edge trim pieces (do this carefully in order to not break any of the pieces)
4 - Lift the lightbox off of the translite/glass and set aside
5 - Apply your wax paper making sure it lies flat across area and tape on corners and edges using small pieces of tape (no need to overdo it)
6 - Place lightbox back on top of translite/glass, reapply trim plastic, and check that everything is aligned correctly
7 - Hold lightbox assembly at backbox and plug connector back into circuit board
8 - Seat lightbox assembly, lock backbox, and power on pin
9 - Start a game, and kill some Martians from another planet!

Thanks...works fantastic! Easiest 5 minute mod I've done in a long time.

2 months later
#9087 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!
A new owner entering the club. I have two questions:
1) My martian topper seems not to stand up straight, but it is leaning a bit. Is there a way to adjust this - if so, how?
2) The previous owner had put mylar around the flipper buttons. What would be the proper way to remove the mylar without damaging the cabinet decals? I am planning to put lexan button covers there instead.
Thanks for any help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

You absolutely sure those are mylar flipper covers? Those look like the peel and stick plastic covers I have on all my machines that is mainly just held on by static cling. If they are those, then its trivial to use a finger to take them off.

If they are mylar...then.....yikes. I'm not sure.

#9100 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I guess in home environment generally one does not need them, but I have put them on my pins.

I think the stick on protectors are plenty good for home environment. I wouldn't want something hard like lexan there.

2 weeks later
#9166 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've been debating whether or not to purchase some anti-glare glass for both my new AFMr LE and new JP Prem, and after reading all the reviews and talking to someone who actually owned some, I decided to purchase two sheets of VooDoo Glass from Cointaker based on Cointaker's reputation and that VooDoo seems to be the most economical option available at this time.
Well, the glass arrived today, and I just finished installing it. What I will say is that it doesn't really remove reflections caused by light sources (they are still there, but maybe to a slightly less degree), but what I'm incredibly pleased with is the clarity of the glass. It truly looks like there isn't even any glass installed. Also, I think by "non-glare" the glass brands don't mean you won't see reflections. Rather, their is no cloudiness in the glass, thus eliminating the glare/diffusing of light caused by the haziness of regular pinball glass. You may not even think regular pinball glass is hazy, but looking at two pins side by side with the different glasses, it is noticeably obvious.
If you've been on the fence like I was for quite some time, my recommendation is to definitely make the purchase. Again, VooDoo was my choice, but I know there are a couple of other brands out there of similar quality.

Yeah, I have both stern HD and invisiglass. They dull some reflections, but yeah, they are still there. The real difference, like you said..is the clarity. So clear that you don't think glass is there.

#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from ness:

Hello, could someone give me the size of the molex connectors used for general illumination? I have a mod that needs to be plugged in but I've been provided with alligator clips? I will have to make a coupler.

here you go ->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/148#post-5233027

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gogdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=Gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.