pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8203 4 years ago

Woohoo... Joined the club today! It's being pin-sat for a week or two until I can make some space but damn it's pretty. And an absolute blast to play!

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#8219 4 years ago

No doubt a biased thread here, but I’m hoping for some relatively objective commentary on why AFMLE is definitively the better game over MBRLE, especially in relation to my collection.

I purchased the MB NIB and loved it (very nostalgic pin for me), but since picking up a JP have barely played it. And only will when mates come around. The gameplay just isn’t catching my attention as much as JP. That said, last night I had a ball on it. It seems a very all or nothing kinda pin. Lining everything up can be extremely lucrative and fun, but typically (maybe it’s my skill set) it’s a bit of a let down.

I’ve got a fairly small collection:
1x Classic Stern - Quicksilver
1x System 11 - Whirlwind
1x WPC - Funhouse
1x DMD -RE - MB / AFM
1x LCD - JP

For variety’s sake I like different eras so I want a DMD, but I want a game that has that “one more game feeling” something that doesn’t get old (yeah I know that’s not completely possible). I could play either of QS, WW, FH & JP all day. MB I’d struggle.

So last weekend I picked up a AFMLE thinking it may fill the DMD era void. It fills the fast paced genre that I typically go for, but fear it’s honeymoon period may also be limited.

I’ve given myself a month to decide as financially having 2 LE remakes isn’t viable.

Which will stay and why?? Please be objective where possible

#8227 4 years ago

I find asking such subjective questions pretty cringe worthy, but appreciate your earnest replies. Thank you. Sadly they won’t be next to each other till I can shift my Whirlwind, I suppose that will being the best comparison.

#8231 4 years ago
Quoted from Valentino46:

Hi guys, recently put 50+ games onto a AFMR - hitting stroke of luck several times per game - but it has never started video mode.
Am I doing something wrong?, or is this standard?

Congrats on your AFMr Valentino, can’t help you with the video mode sorry. Fingers crossed you can Rule The Universe before your AFM is confiscated Don’t you dare think about putting your name on that high score list

#8234 4 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

I'm late to your post, but here's another Aussies perspective..
my Collection is almost about the same size, and spread of era's as yours,.. PinBot, BOP, AFMr LE, BM66, TAG,... all have their attractions (and detractors),.. I played AFMr at Pincadia over several months,. and walked out feeling I just had to have it,.. so it was a buy ,... played MB there several times as well,.. and,.. no love ,.. looks great,.. but I moved on to play a JP, and the BK,.. which was fantastic,... AFMR just assaults and harrasses you with clever ideas and callouts, and that "just one more go" layout coz you know you can do better than the last game. The LE Topper is effectively a 2nd shaker motor when everything gets going. Bottom line,.. when the missus and I discussed going back to live in NZ,.. she said the AFMr and BM66 had to come with us,.. everything else she could live without (I can't tho),.. may be the answer is..which one springs to mind first when you think about which one you'd miss if it wasn't there,.. likely that first thought is your answer... go AFM !!

Appreciate the words

#8236 4 years ago

Was able to bring my AFM home today. Looks awesome lined up next to the other 2. Now to see which lasts, MB or AFM, I’ve given myself a month... maybe 2

FDB798D9-8A86-492E-BFAC-9656BD9D2842 (resized).jpegFDB798D9-8A86-492E-BFAC-9656BD9D2842 (resized).jpeg
#8238 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

torch that funhouse and get AFMR

Funhouse along with JP would be the very last to go in my collection.

1 month later
#8427 4 years ago

I've had my AFM for maybe 1-2 months now, today I had the time to pop some pinstadiums on. Theres plenty of vitriol from the ol skool folk who can't stand them, but personally I love what they do. I wasn't expecting a huge improvement on AFM, but was super happy with the improvement.

I've added some iphone pics with the pinstadiums on and off. I've tried to adjust to keep the exposure as close to each other as possible. As a photographer by profession, I know it's not perfect, but it gives to me a very accurate indication of how it looks in person.
AFM_Pinstadium (resized).jpgAFM_Pinstadium (resized).jpgAFM_Standard (resized).jpgAFM_Standard (resized).jpg

#8437 4 years ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

Does anyone know where to hook up the pinstadium lights underneath the cabinet so that you can get the most out of the stobe multibal and have the pin stadium lights go off during that mode?

So where do you have them connected currently? I installed them as per pinstadium instractions: https://pinstadium.com/installation-instructions-pin-stadiums/
GI will turn off during strobe multiball, the UV is attached to the alien ship.

2 weeks later
#8478 3 years ago

Does anyone have the service bulletin regarding AFMr's shooter lane? I recall seeing it on the CGC website but can't find it now.

#8480 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Is this what you're looking for?
[quoted image]

I'm not even sure. Looks very likely though... thanks!

#8482 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I believe that the reason you cannot easily find that alert is because the root cause was eventually discovered to be an incorrectly manufactured ball guide around the pop bumpers that was interfering with the travel of the ball. A small number of games went out that way. If you cannot get the skill shot to make it around the orbit, open a ticket with CGC and see if your game is affected. I fixed a friends game and it was a simple swap of that metal ball guide and that fixed it all up.

That's exactly why the bulletin was of interest. I believe I have levelled everything correctly, but when going for the skillshot, the ball appears to get caught somewhere above the pops. Maybe 20% of the time, the ball dribbles around to the left, majority of the time it falls into the pops. I'm yet to set up a slow mo camera to see whats happening. Funny, my MBr did some thing very similar.

#8484 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I would contact CGC support and explain what you’re seeing. It sounds exactly like the ball guide issue. But they will know for sure based on your serial number range, etc.

Will do. Cheers

2 months later
#8626 3 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Also, don't forget, my Big O Jiggly Martians are a nice add on too.....
https://www.mickspinball.com/big-o-jiggly-martian-add-on[quoted image]

I'd never seen those... too funny

2 weeks later
#8693 3 years ago

Anyone own an AFM and Rick & Morty? I’m trying to track down a R&M but would need to sell my AFMLE to cover the cost. Any thoughts?

My collection:
AFMLE
JPLE
Whirlwind
Funhouse
World Cup Soccer
Quicksilver

#8705 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Anyone own an AFM and Rick & Morty? I’m trying to track down a R&M but would need to sell my AFMLE to cover the cost. Any thoughts?
My collection:
AFMLE
JPLE
Whirlwind
Funhouse
World Cup Soccer
Quicksilver

Any owners of both?

1 month later
#8945 3 years ago

Left the AFMLE club today, and my football team lost in the finals... sad sad day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

5,400 (OBO)
$ 210.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=Flynnyfalcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.