pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damagio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4740 6 years ago

AFMr LE is my first ever "brand new" pinball machine. I've had it since December and I will say that I am very happy with it so far...none of these major issues some of you are having. I few I have, I consider to be pretty minor. I got mine from Larry and he has been a great dealer to work with. It's really sad and unfortunate that some of you have had less than a stellar experience. It's tough to spend this much money on something to begin with, much less get it and then have it not be perfect. It's like buying that car that is never quite right.

Couple of questions for you guys...

1) I have the machine leveled at 6.5 degrees (used a meter) this seems like it's not enough pitch to me. The game plays slower than when I had it out of the box, so I am thinking of upping it. However...I haven't had the ball fly off the capture return rail since I did this adjustment. What is your playfield angle?

2) I can't access that Drop Box pdf on #2104 Is it available somewhere else? I have issues with the launch ramp every so often with the ball not making it around the horn as I call it. I do have the revised controller IC but have not increased the coil strength.

3) I did have an issue where the ball would get hung up and not make it into the launch area from the trough, but that just seems to have gone away...maybe break in period?

I have 2 older games that I have done a fair amount of work on, so it is nice to have something new. Of course, to me, half the fun is working on the game.

Anyway...the game is fantastic fun. I fell in love with the SE at CA Extreme last year and took the plunge on the LE. Glad I did! I fell just shy of 7.5 billion the first few days I had it and have not gotten close since.

Have fun and enjoy!

Damagio

#4753 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Im not a topper guy, but the topper on the LE is unbelievable....

The topper is absolutely amazing...we love it too.

#4754 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

6.5 degrees is what is recommended in the manual so that should be perfect. I have mine set to that and it plays fast. Have you tried waxing the playfield? That should increase the speed some as well as help protect the clearcoat.

No, I have not! Didn't even think about it, but you have a good point.

#4786 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My game is set at 6.8 degrees and plays perfect. Definitely not too fast, but that being said its sitting next to my SW, which is over the top fast

I did the launch rail adjustment and we played a couple dozen games yesterday with zero issues, so I am leaving it as is. Before I bought my leveling meter it was at 7.5...and I was having some issues with the ball coming off the return rail...that has gone away now and the machine is just looking and playing great.

#4789 6 years ago
Quoted from MANOLIKI:

Hi everybody. I have been reading this post for a long time because I am in love with attack from mars pinball and I decided to buy a L.E.
Yesterday I recived the number 943 and it could not be more impressive. I live in Spain (sorry for my english) and I think is the only one in this country. I show you some pictures. The place where the pinball is in the pictures is not de definitive. Thank you for all of your help in this forum and enjoy with your pinballs.

Congratulations! I knew when I first played the original AFM that I wanted to own one some day. When the remakes came out, I played the SE at California Extreme...allowed myself 30 days to "cool off" and ordered the LE about a month later. I love it, and so do my daughters. Best of luck with it and enjoy it!

1 week later
#4851 6 years ago

Holy Smokes...I just changed my flipper strength to -3 and it's like a whole new game! I can actually trap the ball and it's more like pinball and less like spinball. I got 5 Way Combo and Total Annihilation right off the bat...two modes I haven't hit in a month....the ramp shots are now so much easier and I feel like I have some control! What an eye opener.

#4861 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Flippers set to -3, outlane posts at factory setting, 6.5 degree pitch measured between the flippers. It’s a fast game for sure, particularly after being waxed. Lots of side drains but I’m not a good player so it seems normal to me.

Exact same set up and I feel the exact same way. I am not that good a player, but I feel like I have a lot of control now. I get lots of side drains, but feel I am really really getting better at “digging” the ball out down the middle. I do t know if that is the right term but I am sure you know what I mean. It is fat and fun...very satisfying to play.

#4906 6 years ago

I think SE/LE/Classic is just a matter of choice. This was my first new pinball machine, and arguably my favorite, so the LE was an easy decision for me, but in all honesty, I played the SE at California Extreme last July and would have been fine with that one as well. $700 extra for the LE was worth it for me because this game is special to me as is this purchase.

I am looking at a few other newer machines, and I will be fine with the base model. It's all about what YOU value. YOU buy what YOU want with YOUR hard earned money.

Regarding High Scores and 5-Ball and adjusting the out lane posts. I could not imagine playing the game in any other way than it was meant to be played...4 ball with factory set posts...the way people play in tournaments. If I never get this into end-game...I am fine with that. I'll enjoy trying. I got my second 7+ billion game last night with my cousin and her daughter here visiting from across the country and they were in awe...watching them play was so much fun. Her question to me was..."Do you mind me asking how much this was? Like $2,000?" LMAO!!!!! I was thinking if it was...my house would really be FULL. I told her it was my "art"...she totally agreed. There are nights I will turn the machines on and just watch...there is something very special about them and you don't have to be one of "us" to appreciate it.

#4912 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

if you have a chance to buy an LE- the buy it.

I see a lot of dealers are sold out. I am #619 and I ordered in August and received in December. I can't imagine there are too many left out there.

1 week later
#4970 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But your MMR and AFMR LE will be lonely without the next remake to join them.
LTG : )

LTG...looking forward to placing the ToMr next to my AFMr

#4971 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Just got my LE! #970

Grats! Enjoy it!

1 week later
#5054 5 years ago

Guys,

The left and right drains are just brutal for me. I don’t want to make the game easy...I want to get better, I am really good at digging the ball out of the center but the sides are killing me...tournament settings anyone?

CB1C9798-CC30-4A79-BAC8-AB040959BF6E (resized).jpegCB1C9798-CC30-4A79-BAC8-AB040959BF6E (resized).jpeg

B05F6753-45F5-47EA-9F3B-A90F70B01CAC (resized).jpegB05F6753-45F5-47EA-9F3B-A90F70B01CAC (resized).jpeg

#5065 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Narrow the outlanes to the minimum.
This is not a hack or a "cheat"
This is an operator option to make the game as fun as possible to make more money.
Open the sling leaf switches slightly so they are less sensitive. You can tighten the slings and widen the outlanes as you get better at the game.
You can adjust pitch of the game higher or lower than the 6.5 recommended.
Most of the operators have the games set for a particular ball time. This is why it lists it in the audits.
They generally make the game easy to play when they first get it and record the ball times.
If they are too long they adjust the game incrementally harder as the players get more proficient.
Pinball is about fun. And fun for the money.
If the game ends too quickly its not worth the money.
If the game is to easy you will get tired of it quickly and stop playing it.
I set my games up to what I consider "just right" not brutally hard but also not easy either.
Pinball should be challenging but still alot of fun.

I did this last night and it did make an immediate difference. Thank you for this!

#5066 5 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Could you post a couple of pics. on how this is done regarding the outlanes ?

BentleyBear, it really is easy, and it makes a HUGE difference. I would say it took me less than 2 minutes. It's just like LTG described above. Literally loosen, slide, tighten. on both outlanes. I will post a pic from the underside when I get home later. You won't be disappointed if you try this.

1 year later
#7351 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Just Joined the club! #45LE

Congrats! I am coming up on 2 years on my 619 and it’s the favorite.

#7353 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks guys!

Now go get that SI up and running!

#7359 4 years ago

Chosen_S I hear you brother. It’s cooled down here to the point where I can tolerate working in the garage, but I need to deal with the mess first. Getting rid of all arcade projects except a couple. Having a CL sale and garage sale next month. I store the heat sensitive stuff in the house, but what a pain. Next house will have an air conditioned shop. LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Damagio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=Damagio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.