pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 212.
#4901 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I'm pretty sure the price difference was $700 on these.

No idea? The LE's were basically fixed priced...not sure what the SE's sold for

#4902 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No idea? The LE's were basically fixed priced...not sure what the SE's sold for

Last year at TPF, the prices on them were $6500 for the standard, $7200 for the SE, and $7900 for the LE.

Every $700 got you more stuff. Scroll down here to see what is added on - http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php

LTG : )

#4903 6 years ago

Question all. May have line in on a HUO black trim LE. Any opinions on a fair price? I know the guy so neither of us are trying to make bank off each other, just looking at fair market prices. Also, are there any glaring issues these remakes have that I need to look out for? Will buying this void the extended LE warranty?

#4904 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Will buying this void the extended LE warranty?

Warranty doesn't go to 2nd owner.

LTG : )

#4905 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question all. May have line in on a HUO black trim LE. Any opinions on a fair price? I know the guy so neither of us are trying to make bank off each other, just looking at fair market prices. Also, are there any glaring issues these remakes have that I need to look out for? Will buying this void the extended LE warranty?

From what I have seen the price is about $7500 for a HUO low play LE.

#4906 6 years ago

I think SE/LE/Classic is just a matter of choice. This was my first new pinball machine, and arguably my favorite, so the LE was an easy decision for me, but in all honesty, I played the SE at California Extreme last July and would have been fine with that one as well. $700 extra for the LE was worth it for me because this game is special to me as is this purchase.

I am looking at a few other newer machines, and I will be fine with the base model. It's all about what YOU value. YOU buy what YOU want with YOUR hard earned money.

Regarding High Scores and 5-Ball and adjusting the out lane posts. I could not imagine playing the game in any other way than it was meant to be played...4 ball with factory set posts...the way people play in tournaments. If I never get this into end-game...I am fine with that. I'll enjoy trying. I got my second 7+ billion game last night with my cousin and her daughter here visiting from across the country and they were in awe...watching them play was so much fun. Her question to me was..."Do you mind me asking how much this was? Like $2,000?" LMAO!!!!! I was thinking if it was...my house would really be FULL. I told her it was my "art"...she totally agreed. There are nights I will turn the machines on and just watch...there is something very special about them and you don't have to be one of "us" to appreciate it.

#4907 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Get it for the best price you can.
It's an amazing game!
You cant go wrong with black.
It's what I chose and the game isn't leaving soon at all.

A lot of people paid $9000 with tax and shipping.

#4908 6 years ago

I thought the martian green was a no brainer due to the theme of the game....that being said the black and stainless both look great...I paid $8300 delivered for my LE...I called around a lot and everyone at the time was the same price....I justified the extra $ due to the estimated value of the topper ($500), mirrored blades ($100), and powder coating ($300)....the extended warranty probably isn't worth much, but u get an extra year if you keep the games that long....

#4909 6 years ago

Your kids will prefer green Martian brains...

48B33208-C46E-41E9-848B-6A7DC34AFED3 (resized).jpeg48B33208-C46E-41E9-848B-6A7DC34AFED3 (resized).jpeg

#4910 6 years ago

Did any of you get lock cliffy when you ordered the pack?

Neil.

#4911 6 years ago

if you have a chance to buy an LE- the buy it.

#4912 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

if you have a chance to buy an LE- the buy it.

I see a lot of dealers are sold out. I am #619 and I ordered in August and received in December. I can't imagine there are too many left out there.

#4913 6 years ago

I got 883 from game exchange two weeks ago and I believe it was the last one JJ had. At least it was the last green one he head.

#4914 6 years ago

Our local distributor here in the Metroplex also appears to be sold out of the LE's. They have Classics and SE's listed for sale on their website, but no LE.

#4915 6 years ago

Hey guys please check out my first Pinball machine review and give comments!

#4916 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys please check out my first Pinball machine review and give comments!
» YouTube video

Nice vid!
But they are Martians!!! (not so much UFO's or aliens... lol)
They want our Women! (and alot of other stuff too It seems...)

They all must die! (or die trying...)

Return to battle soldier...

#4917 6 years ago

5 way combo away from RTU today and had two balls left to spare. Choked! The bad part is that I can often times get 5-way and nothing else.

#4918 6 years ago

Would anyone who has purchased an AFMr Special be willing to PM me and share what they paid? When talking to my distributer, I can decent discounts on Stern Pro machines but they seem unable (or unwilling) to budge at all on any of the Chicago Gaming remakes...

#4919 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Would anyone who has purchased an AFMr Special be willing to PM me and share what they paid? When talking to my distributer, I can decent discounts on Stern Pro machines but they seem unable (or unwilling) to budge at all on any of the Chicago Gaming remakes...

They are most likely locked into a price agreement with cgc.

#4920 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

They are most likely locked into a price agreement with cgc.

Is that true for all distributors?

#4921 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

That is my understanding. I was able to get a discount on my SE but only because it was a show special (Florida Free Play this past Nov.).

#4922 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I think so too. Not sure whether or not there could be some wiggle room on shipping. You might look into that possibility.

#4923 6 years ago

FYI, my distributor Kurt at Hemispheres Amusements(who is awesome) has a single LE left, in black. He keeps his website updated pretty frequently so I'm not sure if it has been sold yet.
http://www.hemispheresamusements.com/new-game-attack-from-mars-remake.php#limited

#4924 6 years ago

Unfortunately the LE is out of my price range. The SE wil cause enough spousal discontent if it truly is MSRP. Would I regret getting the Standard? I think I would miss that color display...

#4925 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Unfortunately the LE is out of my price range. The SE wil cause enough spousal discontent if it truly is MSRP. Would I regret getting the Standard? I think I would miss that color display...

I would get the SE. If you get the classic you are going to want to add color at some point. That adds $400. The way I looked at it was the larger screen (its AWESOME), shaker motor, Tri color LED main ship and lighted speakers was totally worth the extra $300 over the classic with color.

#4926 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I was going to get the standard because I didn't *need* the color display. When it came time to order I got the SE because I was thinking it would help if I ever wanted to sell it. Now that I've had the SE in my home for a few weeks I'm kicking myself for not getting the LE. Buy what you can afford, but if you can swing the SE I'd highly recommend it.

And to echo others, I don't think anyone is able to offer discounts off the MSRP.

#4927 6 years ago

I'm mulling this purchase vs a GotG Pro. GotG is more of a gamble pending more code. BUT, it's also $2300 less. I want AFM, but $2300 is a lot of dough.

#4928 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I'm mulling this purchase vs a GotG Pro. GotG is more of a gamble pending more code. BUT, it's also $2300 less. I want AFM, but $2300 is a lot of dough.

It may be cheaper in the long run to buy the game you really want, as opposed to buying another and having to sell it later to fund the game you prefered initially. AFMr is truly great. I love mine. Good luck no matter what you decide!

#4929 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I made this exact same mistake by buying a SW Pro last fall because it was cheaper. I really liked the game, but every time I played it I kept thinking "this isn't AFM".

#4930 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

It may be cheaper in the long run to buy the game you really want, as opposed to buying another and having to sell it later to fund the game you prefered initially. AFMr is truly great. I love mine. Good luck no matter what you decide!

I think you are probably right.... The SE will be available for a while right?

#4931 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I think you are probably right.... The SE will be available for a while right?

Yes. The SE will be available indefinitely since there is no license (other than the Bally-Williams license that PPS owns). It will be made in runs based on demand, like the MMr Standard currently is. No need to rush to get one.

#4932 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Did any of you get lock cliffy when you ordered the pack?
Neil.

Yes.

#4933 6 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of the LE in black trim. Deciding between Black and Green Trim

#4934 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Does anyone have a picture of the LE in black trim. Deciding between Black and Green Trim

7F7A20BA-BA9C-4CE7-BEF6-3751EB2ADEE7 (resized).jpeg7F7A20BA-BA9C-4CE7-BEF6-3751EB2ADEE7 (resized).jpeg

#4935 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Green is the way to go. Pictures don't do it justice. I hated the green trim until I saw one in person at PAGG, then I knew that was the only choice.

#4936 6 years ago

I love mine in the black trim.
To me it seems to outline the artwork and match the lines of the game better.
But I might not be as much of an "outside the box" kinda guy. (im also color blind...) lol

#4937 6 years ago

All the colors look sharp. You really can’t go wrong with any of them. Most ended up choosing Martian Green according to Doug. I went that way as well after seeing it in person at TPF and really like it.

Quoted from CGC_DougS:

• So here is the REAL breakdown. Of AFMR orders, 73% have chosen Martian Green, 20% Black, and 7% Stainless.

Doug Skor

#4938 6 years ago

(im also color blind...) lol

Well, correct that!

http://enchroma.com/

Favorite quotes from this video of colorblind people trying them for the first time:
"That's purple, right?"
"I didn't know those houses were painted colors. Wait. Someone painted their house ORANGE?"
"Are you crying?!"
"I'm not sure I'm believing this."

#4939 6 years ago

I got mine for a steal with black trim. I would have got green if buying NIB

#4940 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

I made this exact same mistake by buying a SW Pro last fall because it was cheaper. I really liked the game, but every time I played it I kept thinking "this isn't AFM".

LOL I have a Star Wars Premium sitting next to my AFMR LE and we play Star Wars a ton more... Star Wars I always feel like I'm 1 more shot away from doing something great, AFMR is more of a grind at times.

#4941 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, correct that!
» YouTube video
http://enchroma.com/

I have those glasses!
Sadly they only work outside, but they do make things look different by about 40%. (which is a lot to me)
There is also a $40 pair of glasses I bought that does a fair job too, just not quite as good, but still an improvement.

So for $400 I can see colors better in bright daylight (its a good thing really)!

#4942 6 years ago

I love mine in the black trim.
To me it seems to outline the artwork and match the lines of the game better.

I saw both in person. I agree that the black matches better to the artwork and lines. I didn't care for the green but it is much higher in sales than black per CGC. Amazing game with either color. GET 1!!!!!
AFM (13) (resized).JPGAFM (13) (resized).JPG

#4943 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

LOL I have a Star Wars Premium sitting next to my AFMR LE and we play Star Wars a ton more... Star Wars I always feel like I'm 1 more shot away from doing something great, AFMR is more of a grind at times.

Since I also love my SW Premium, I’m curious what else is on your list of favorite games.

#4944 6 years ago

Appreciate all the responses everyone.

#4945 6 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Since I also love my SW Premium, I’m curious what else is on your list of favorite games.

Well I own Ghostbusters Premium, Star Wars Premium, AFMR Le, MMR, Jurassic Park and I have a Maiden Prem on order. My other favorites are Batman 66, GnR, White Water and Fish Tales.

#4946 6 years ago

Love my Super LE stainless...

#4947 6 years ago

Same here. Stainless is the safe choice and I guess boring. However, I do like how this finish choice matches the silver saucers and the grey portions of the playfield.

#4950 5 years ago

Hey Guys im gonna be ordering a new Afmr in a day or so. What are some things(Add-ons, Cliffies etc)that i should purchase for the game. Does a nib come with leg protectors?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/99?hl=abagwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.