pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 212.
#4801 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i set up the game now
pro:
Cabinet perfect
PF smooth and without any damage
technical, all is working in test mode
LTG
negative:
the Topper could not be connected
i had to remove a pin at the pcb
the machine was built 1 month ago
so why ist this still so in production
and not a manual included at the topper ?
but LTG answered with in 10 minutes
so i am very happy with this purchase
tom

Many people have had these same problems with the topper (I did as well)....bad labeling of connectors, connectors with pins left in them, no instructions, and cables that aren't long enough.....surprising it still leaves the factory this way....all that said once u get it working its awesome....

#4802 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i set up the game now
pro:
Cabinet perfect
PF smooth and without any damage
technical, all is working in test mode
LTG
negative:
the Topper could not be connected
and not a manual included at the topper ?
but LTG answered with in 10 minutes
so i am very happy with this purchase
tom

Welcome to the club! Every topper had that issue, easy fix.
Happy Flipping!

#4803 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Topper and harness was made some time before your game was made. And unfortunately some slipped through with a plug in one connector spot. I'm sorry you got one like that.

LTG : )

#4804 6 years ago

BEST. TOPPER. EVER. Can’t wait to see how they manage to make the MBr topper top this one.

#4805 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

BEST. TOPPER. EVER. Can’t wait to see how they manage to make the MBr topper top this one.

Agree! I can definitely see them making another great topper, maybe something to do with Frankenstein’s monster (or his Bride) and electricity.

#4806 6 years ago

Curious to know what flipper strength you guys have settled on since the PIC 2.0 update.

Also, put the game at 6.5 (measured at flippers) with the outlane posts in the middle of each slot, and I can barely keep the ball alive. That sound about right for this game?

#4807 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Curious to know what flipper strength you guys have settled on since the PIC 2.0 update.
Also, put the game at 6.5 (measured at flippers) with the outlane posts in the middle of each slot, and I can barely keep the ball alive. That sound about right for this game?

-4, and yeah, this game has brutal outlanes, same as the original. It’s a wide open middle with sheer cliffs on the bottom.

#4808 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Perfect!

#4809 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Seems to be almost a tossup between -3 and -4, but I ended up at -3.

#4810 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And what slant are you guys at? I know this isn't an exact science since everyone measures from different points of the of, and bubble levels are rarely trustworthy.

I generally put a digital torpedo level in the drain, and the center of it sits roughly where the factory bubble level is installed.

I know some people say that the measurement is an average of readings from top to bottom, but that never made sense to me since it varies so greatly from pf to pf.

Thoughts?

#4811 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Im at default.
I hit so many weak shots to the ramps, barely under my control, that I need all the help I can get.

Im super pleased that an errant sling shot can deflect and go up to the lock!

Its true that at -3 the game is way more controllable, but one would have to be in control for that to be a factor (mostly I am not at this point) in the first place.

Im not getting anything off the rails now with pic 2.0, so it suits my lack of expertise well enough at default.

#4812 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I know some people say that the measurement is an average of readings from top to bottom, but that never made sense to me since it varies so greatly from pf to pf.

Thoughts?

I always try to measure upper, middle and lowest playable points.
Then take an average.

I also try to determine if one of the outlanes favors the other and will change the horizontal level accordingly.
Ball inertia in some games has to be accounted for.
The audits are helpful on this.

If the game is floaty I adjust the rear legs half a turn or so until the floatyness goes away.

After playing 50 or so games if it plays good, I leave it.

Some games are way more sensitive to leveling (IJ and TH come to mind, lots of others).

AFM is pretty good at a lot of different playfield pitches depending on how fast you want it to play.

#4813 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Flippers set to -3, outlane posts at factory setting, 6.5 degree pitch measured between the flippers. It’s a fast game for sure, particularly after being waxed. Lots of side drains but I’m not a good player so it seems normal to me.

#4814 6 years ago

What do you guys think?

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.20.05 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.20.05 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.20.01 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.20.01 (resized).jpeg

#4815 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What do you guys think?

VERY NICE!!!!!

#4816 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What do you guys think?

Looks awesome, two thumbs up!...

#4817 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

-4 for me on flippers. At this setting, it feels more like the originals I have played. I am also at 6.5 at the flippers with outlane posts still in the factory position. I'll admit to being tempted to alter those post positions though.

#4818 6 years ago
Quoted from abeas:

-4 for me on flippers. At this setting, it feels more like the originals I have played. I am also at 6.5 at the flippers with outlane posts still in the factory position. I'll admit to being tempted to alter those post positions though.

The most brutal one on the machine here is missing the lock ramp and having the ball roll back out of the lane next to the center targets and right out the right outlane.

#4819 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The most brutal one on the machine here is missing the lock ramp and having the ball roll back out of the lane next to the center targets and right out the right outlane.

I love that!
No reward for failure soldier...!

#4820 6 years ago

Anyone know if any dealers(4 hours from richmond virginia) have any LE's left? I've never bought NIB so i have no idea how to find out what dealers are around

#4821 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Looks awesome, two thumbs up!...

Thanks brothers! If only shipping costs from Brazil weren't so expensive....

#4822 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, yes, the shot that, more than any other has caused me to "just walk away"...

#4823 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Ah, yes, the shot that, more than any other has caused me to "just walk away"...

I always give a little nudge if it is rolling out of that lock, always keeps it away from the right outlane.

#4824 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Thanks brothers! If only shipping costs from Brazil weren't so expensive....

Alex, besides that nice one with the title, are you planning to make more just with the saucers? Maybe different sizes, or combined saucers with green Aliens? How much is the price for the one in the pics that you posted please? My questions are because I like to put shelves besides the games with same original themes, just own 3 games in my home but I haven’t found nothing to put besides my AFM yet and I like your idea a lot!
About the shipping, it will be much cheaper and closer to ship to your neighbor country Colombia instead of Canada, my girlfriend lives there and we see each other every single month. So, if someone else from Canada here in our forum it is interested, I have no problem to bring yours too.

Thank you
Regards

92FE4EB8-3AA3-48E7-96C9-691022152831 (resized).jpeg92FE4EB8-3AA3-48E7-96C9-691022152831 (resized).jpeg

F1514A9E-1034-479A-B0D0-80B5A2B664BC (resized).pngF1514A9E-1034-479A-B0D0-80B5A2B664BC (resized).png

#4825 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I always give a little nudge if it is rolling out of that lock, always keeps it away from the right outlane.

This works well most of the time at keeping it out of the outlane, but I often find it dumps it into the right sling. Often the results are the same.

The solution, of course, is to just make the shot in the first place!

#4826 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Alex, besides that nice one with the title, are you planning to make more just with the saucers? Maybe different sizes, or combined saucers with green Aliens? How much is the price for the one in the pics that you posted please? My questions are because I like to put shelves besides the games with same original themes, just own 3 games in my home but I haven’t found nothing to put besides my AFM yet and I like your idea a lot!
About the shipping, it will be much cheaper and closer to ship to your neighbor country Colombia instead of Canada, my girlfriend lives there and we see each other every single month. So, if someone else from Canada here in our forum it is interested, I have no problem to bring yours too.
Thank you
Regards

I'll PM you!

#4827 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is the ruleset published already?? I mean, SOME stuff was on the live feed, but not anything like an actual ruleset.
It looks like Iron Maiden has flow to spare, but AfM is extremely flowy and more open, too. I doubt you'll get MORE flow. Looks like a lateral or maybe a little less.

He essentially went over everything during the video. Jack hasn't posted the video to his past broadcasts yet; I was going to watch again last night and couldn't find it. I'm sure they're going to add more to it...still from what I saw, I loved it

#4828 6 years ago

what a beautiful game

installed some mods today

it looks so much better then the original

and this display is a great

#4829 6 years ago

New mod that we developed for AFMr. Two Backboard lights (purple and green shown) and trough light (white shown) tied to the GI so it dims with GI and goes out with the GI, including during strobe multiball.

It's available in our pinside shop and on our website for those who may be interested.

https://lermods.com/t/attack-from-mars-remake-pinball-machine-mods

20180330_125825 (resized).jpg20180330_125825 (resized).jpg

#4830 6 years ago

Finally picked up one of these. Fantastic game!

#4831 6 years ago

Installed a full set of cliffies today, took about 1.5-2 hours, quite a few things to remove for sol and mother ship. Shooter lane and Target bank took 5 minutes, Target motor does not need to be touched. Are people still using the mantis protector for the sol hole with the cliffies? No way mine will fit in as tight as it was wedged in there.

#4832 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Installed a full set of cliffies today, took about 1.5-2 hours, quite a few things to remove for sol and mother ship. Shooter lane and Target bank took 5 minutes, Target motor does not need to be touched. Are people still using the mantis protector for the sol hole with the cliffies? No way mine will fit in as tight as it was wedged in there.

I installed all my Cliffy's except the one for the sol hole.......the mantis protector seems to work fine combined with mylar around the hole. I've been keeping a close eye on it and after about 100 games I haven't noticed any issues.

#4833 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I was able to get both there, but only on the front. Backside with both, the Cliffy bowed slightly, but just enough to stop slow balls, so had to remove it there.

#4834 6 years ago

I took out the mantis and just using the cliffys. I had both in but 4 out of 10 balls with both shot out the sol hole slow.

#4835 6 years ago

I'm having a hard time deciphering where exactly I can find a set of mirror blades (or game blades in-general) for my AFM SE, does anyone know the best vendor to buy from?

#4836 6 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I'm having a hard time deciphering where exactly I can find a set of mirror blades (or game blades in-general) for my AFM SE, does anyone know the best vendor to buy from?

Cointaker.

#4837 6 years ago

My#873 LE was delivered last Sunday by Curly from Little Shop of Games. Outstanding distributor, great customer support. Won't hesitate to purchase my second pinball from him.
Machine plays fantastic. Lights, graphics and sounds are mesmerizing, however, I'm getting murdered by this game! It's a serious drain monster, especially the two outlanes. The ball constantly swings over into these two lanes. No amount of nudging can change the trajectory. Other drains from Stroke of Luck VUK or SDTM are manageable.
Having played GB many times, I really feel AFMr is a hell-of-a-lot more challenging in terms of ball-time longevity.

Since last Sunday, I registered 289 games and cannot obtain a score higher than 7.2B.
Spending my childhood and adolescent summer years (60's-70's) at the various pinball arcades in Seaside Heights NJ, I've always considered myself a better than average player, but man, this pin is frustrating.

Achieving annihilation, super skill shots, Martian multi-ball, etc. is not terribly difficult, and consistently obtained, but getting past four countries has not been achieved. The sad part is I set the game up for 5 balls. How these Guy's are getting mega-high scores and Attack Mars mode on 3 ball is beyond me.
Playfield level is set at 6.8 degrees, horizontal level is 0, flipper strength set to default (minimal airballs). Tilt is disabled.
I did notice the outposts are off-center (see pic) favoring the outlanes, but I'm not about to take a Dremel to enlarge the hole in order to shift position. I also re-centered both slingshots.

So, do I basically suck, or just need more patience to advance in the gameplay? Any suggestions or tips on game play is much appreciated.

Thanks Guys.

20180331_155919 (resized).jpg20180331_155919 (resized).jpg

20180331_160019 (resized).jpg20180331_160019 (resized).jpg

20180401_130809 (resized).jpg20180401_130809 (resized).jpg

20180401_200728 (resized).jpg20180401_200728 (resized).jpg

#4838 6 years ago

I could barely touch 5B on my AFMLE....then I purchased the new SW premium, and its made me a much better player (its fun, but brutal)....after putting about 50 games on SW I started playing AFM and immediately put up a score of 17B....keep flipping...

#4839 6 years ago

Finally set up and leveled...so much fun!

20180402_121039 (resized).jpg20180402_121039 (resized).jpg

#4840 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

So, do I basically suck, or just need more patience to advance in the gameplay? Any suggestions or tips on game play is much appreciated.
Thanks Guys.

My 2 cents... I switched to 3ball on all my pins a few months back,.. and I play my Pinbot before my AFMR LE to ensure some patience.. and Pinbot is major drain hell!! Slowly progressing,.. due to a lack of talent still at about 12b but have attacked mars successfully,.. and will get to rule the universe one day,.... just keep at it,.. and dont get suckered in to soft shots off the flippers

#4841 6 years ago

I told a friend new to pinball the best ones to own provide “frustrating pleasure”, that keep you rewarded just enough to press start again.
AFM always brings both to the table - no matter what the players skill level.
I can appreciate why it’s been a long term hold for many collectors.

#4842 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

My#873 LE was delivered last Sunday by Curly from Little Shop of Games. Outstanding distributor, great customer support. Won't hesitate to purchase my second pinball from him.
Machine plays fantastic. Lights, graphics and sounds are mesmerizing, however, I'm getting murdered by this game! It's a serious drain monster, especially the two outlanes. The ball constantly swings over into these two lanes. No amount of nudging can change the trajectory. Other drains from Stroke of Luck VUK or SDTM are manageable.
Having played GB many times, I really feel AFMr is a hell-of-a-lot more challenging in terms of ball-time longevity.
Since last Sunday, I registered 289 games and cannot obtain a score higher than 7.2B.
Spending my childhood and adolescent summer years (60's-70's) at the various pinball arcades in Seaside Heights NJ, I've always considered myself a better than average player, but man, this pin is frustrating.
Achieving annihilation, super skill shots, Martian multi-ball, etc. is not terribly difficult, and consistently obtained, but getting past four countries has not been achieved. The sad part is I set the game up for 5 balls. How these Guy's are getting mega-high scores and Attack Mars mode on 3 ball is beyond me.
Playfield level is set at 6.8 degrees, horizontal level is 0, flipper strength set to default (minimal airballs). Tilt is disabled.
I did notice the outposts are off-center (see pic) favoring the outlanes, but I'm not about to take a Dremel to enlarge the hole in order to shift position. I also re-centered both slingshots.
Thanks Guys.

Move the outlane post down as far as you can by unscrewing the bolt pictured under the playfield. Then you’ll probably be able to go back to 3 ball. As you get better, gradually move it back up (more open).

Work out safe shots (eg. backhand the scoop from the right Flipper, ramps). Avoid dangerous shots (ie. The red Centre targets are sucker shots that will usually get hit eventually just through ordinary play). Know where your extra balls are - there’s quite a few in AFM (after 2 Cities, Stroke of luck, strobe multiball). Know your multiballs and save them for when cities are active - particularly in later cities which require heaps of hits.
1620A1D5-9260-4C78-ABEB-955E994EB1E5 (resized).jpeg1620A1D5-9260-4C78-ABEB-955E994EB1E5 (resized).jpeg

#4843 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

Thanks Guys.

Welcome to AFM!
War is Hell.
Return to battle soldier...

#4844 6 years ago

Installed my Pinstadium - it's amazing! I'd originally ordered it for my Black Rose but changed my mind. So as it shipped with the Bally power hookup I needed to find 12V of juicy DC for it to feed on. After a bit of poking and prodding the best spot seemed to be the 12V connector feeding the display (J108) which conveniently has 2 spares pins on its 4 pin connector already hooked up on the board to provide 12V and GND. See I snipped off the Bally connector and crimped a couple of pins then inserted them into the existing factory connector. See below - nice and clean and looks factory. Oh and it works as an added bonus..

I did have one "oh crap" moment when during my first game the machine tilted 3 times in seconds without any nudging. Turns out I'd hastily stuffed the manual back inside and it was pressing up against the tilt mech! (whew!)

IMG_0157 (resized).JPGIMG_0157 (resized).JPG

#4845 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Installed my Pinstadium - it's amazing! I'd originally ordered it for my Black Rose but changed my mind. So as it shipped with the Bally power hookup I needed to find 12V of juicy DC for it to feed on. After a bit of poking and prodding the best spot seemed to be the 12V connector feeding the display (J108) which conveniently has 2 spares pins on its 4 pin connector already hooked up on the board to provide 12V and GND. See I snipped off the Bally connector and crimped a couple of pins then inserted them into the existing factory connector. See below - nice and clean and looks factory. Oh and it works as an added bonus..
I did have one "oh crap" moment when during my first game the machine tilted 3 times in seconds without any nudging. Turns out I'd hastily stuffed the manual back inside and it was pressing up against the tilt mech! (whew!)

Do they go out/dim with the game’s features, like strobe mb?

#4846 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Do they go out/dim with the game’s features, like strobe mb?

Yup. Hit Strobe MB this evening and it was just as you’d expect. I hooked the UV+Glow section up to the main saucer flasher also so that when you hit the ship the flashers go off. It’s quite the show! Here’s with and without pics. You guess which is which...

891A414F-4539-42A3-875B-A5E4430233BB (resized).jpeg891A414F-4539-42A3-875B-A5E4430233BB (resized).jpeg

1A8924D7-B0C3-4145-9E64-E42D4A596A64 (resized).jpeg1A8924D7-B0C3-4145-9E64-E42D4A596A64 (resized).jpeg

#4847 6 years ago

Is it normal for the ball to make it halfway up the lock ramp, to roll back down and go directly into the right outlane?

#4848 6 years ago

Happens to me every once in a while.. depends how far up the ramp it goes. I'd estimate less than 5% of failed lock shots end up in a right outlane drain.

#4849 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

ball to make it halfway up the lock ramp, to roll back down and go directly into the right outlane?

Nudge like Hell. That saves mine most of the time when I see it heading that way.

#4850 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Happens to me every once in a while.. depends how far up the ramp it goes. I'd estimate less than 5% of failed lock shots end up in a right outlane drain.

What slant do you have your game set at? I'm getting drains from missed lock shots about 80% of the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.