pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 212.
#4751 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

1) I have the machine leveled at 6.5 degrees (used a meter) this seems like it's not enough pitch to me. The game plays slower than when I had it out of the box, so I am thinking of upping it. However...I haven't had the ball fly off the capture return rail since I did this adjustment. What is your playfield angle?

Damagio

6.5 degrees is what is recommended in the manual so that should be perfect. I have mine set to that and it plays fast. Have you tried waxing the playfield? That should increase the speed some as well as help protect the clearcoat.

#4752 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I know on MMR there is no speaker bar logo since Williams didn't allow their logo be put on the remake machines; this is clearly not the case for the Bally logo, and even though I don't own a classic machine, I question the why there is no Bally logo on the classic machine, as there is clearly room for it.

Using the same panel for MMr and AfMr on the standards?

#4753 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Im not a topper guy, but the topper on the LE is unbelievable....

The topper is absolutely amazing...we love it too.

#4754 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

6.5 degrees is what is recommended in the manual so that should be perfect. I have mine set to that and it plays fast. Have you tried waxing the playfield? That should increase the speed some as well as help protect the clearcoat.

No, I have not! Didn't even think about it, but you have a good point.

#4755 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

The topper is absolutely amazing...we love it too.

I can’t wait to see the Monster Bash topper!

#4756 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

No, I have not! Didn't even think about it, but you have a good point.

My game is set at 6.8 degrees and plays perfect. Definitely not too fast, but that being said its sitting next to my SW, which is over the top fast

#4757 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My game is set at 6.8 degrees and plays perfect. Definitely not too fast, but that being said its sitting next to my SW, which is over the top fast

Is your pitch even throughout? When I measure mine I get different slope at the flippers, middle pf and up top by the 3 bank target. It seems to have more slope down by the flippers and get lower as I move up the pf (e.g. 7 degrees at the flippers, 6.5 mid pf and 6 degrees up by bank target). Since the PF should be flat, this doesn't make a ton of sense to me and perhaps my measurement tool isn't super precise? I have it set to ~6.8 at the flippers and it seems slow.

#4758 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Is your pitch even throughout? When I measure mine I get different slope at the flippers, middle pf and up top by the 3 bank target. It seems to have more slope down by the flippers and get lower as I move up the pf (e.g. 7 degrees at the flippers, 6.5 mid pf and 6 degrees up by bank target). Since the PF should be flat, this doesn't make a ton of sense to me and perhaps my measurement tool isn't super precise? I have it set to ~6.8 at the flippers and it seems slow.

Thats a great point, and mine is not even throughout....I have a nice digital meter and I get three different readings as I move from the top of the play field down to the flippers....I averaged the three angles to 6.8....my play field was the opposite to yours (7.0 at the drop targets, 6.8 mid, and 6.6 at the flippers)

#4759 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I suspect they don't have the rights to the Bally name.

Now on the SE and LE, since it's on the LCD, I suspect it's in the original software, and able to be used.

LTG : )

This is not really a complicated issue as reproducing a copyrighted logo by any means (including using it in an electronic form) without obtaining permission of the copyrights holder would violate US copyright law.

In the original MM, the Williams logo was clearly part of the attract mode game code that CGC has obtain rights to use; however, CGC expended resources to scrub this logo from the original code for use in MMr. By the explanation given here, CGC would have rights to leave this in the code, and it would have been easier and less costly to leave this code in place; however, this just isn't the case but is consistent with the explanation that Williams refused to allow the logo to be used.

The difference with ATMr is that the original Bally logo is being used, so it's being used either without permission (doubtful) or CGC has permission to use the logo and chose not to go through the added expense of printing it on the original speaker panel. Since the Bally logo is printed on the ATMr apron, I suspect the later is the case and has nothing to do with the software or trademark rights.

Sorry LTG, I have to disagree with you on this one, but for what it's worth I still think of you as one of the greatest supporters this hobby has.

DSC00414 (resized).JPGDSC00414 (resized).JPG

#4760 6 years ago

When they announced Doug mentioned that they had the rights to use the name from CP who owns the brand. My guess is at the time of designing the plastics they may not have had the rights to use it and given plastics have a long lead time play it safe and not have it. Its also the same part as MMR so could be there was many left over...

#4761 6 years ago

Still seems odd they don’t use it on the Classic Edition DMD surround panel and is missing from the translite of any model.

#4762 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Still seems odd they don’t use it on the Classic Edition DMD surround panel and is missing from the translite of any model.

I think it amounts to a licensing issue:

OEM replacement parts are one thing.

Complete manufactured games are another.

The games were not made at the Williams/Bally facility or by Williams/Bally.

Its a complicated issue when it comes to license and branding especially when there are multiple parties involved.

One interesting note: The AFMr is essentially being made by the same company as the originals.

In my mind these are not Re-makes but really a continuation of the original with normal production updates.

They could have just continued the serial numbers from where they left off.

#4763 6 years ago

Hi everybody. I have been reading this post for a long time because I am in love with attack from mars pinball and I decided to buy a L.E.
Yesterday I recived the number 943 and it could not be more impressive. I live in Spain (sorry for my english) and I think is the only one in this country. I show you some pictures. The place where the pinball is in the pictures is not de definitive. Thank you for all of your help in this forum and enjoy with your pinballs.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#4764 6 years ago
Quoted from MANOLIKI:

Hi everybody. I have been reading this post for a long time because I am in love with attack from mars pinball and I decided to buy a L.E.
Yesterday I recived the number 943 and it could not be more impressive. I live in Spain (sorry for my english) and I think is the only one in this country. I show you some pictures. The place where the pinball is in the pictures is not de definitive. Thank you for all of your help in this forum and enjoy with your pinballs.

Awesome and congratulations! Welcome to the club and to the forum!

#4765 6 years ago
Quoted from MANOLIKI:

Where’s that topper?!!

#4766 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Where’s that topper?!!

Well, let’s say that the shop had a little problem with the transport company. They have promised that it will solve this week and I hope too. It is a important shop in Europe, I have buy them other times and never have had any problem. I am sure that they will solve it.

#4767 6 years ago
Quoted from MANOLIKI:

Congrats! Only the cool kids get the Martian Green trim!

#4768 6 years ago

Guys my diverter shoots it STDM almost 50% of the time, it does this on all strength settings. Before I put the new chip in the strength settings seemed to actually do something. I tried to manually adjust the diverter but even after removing some of the screws a can't get enough movement on it without the screws being able to still screw back in. Maybe washers on one side between the Playfield and plate??

#4769 6 years ago

will get my LE tomorrow

i hope i must not contact LTG
he is a nice guy
woz hobbit and MMR
all had some problems when i got it

#4770 6 years ago

Ok so I needed to change the Popper strength to -2 to get it to not shoot STDM when exiting the SOL and it only woll go to the right flipper. I need to get it to shoot to the left flipper, maybe washer underneath?

#4771 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys my diverter shoots it STDM almost 50% of the time, it does this on all strength settings. Before I put the new chip in the strength settings seemed to actually do something. I tried to manually adjust the diverter but even after removing some of the screws a can't get enough movement on it without the screws being able to still screw back in. Maybe washers on one side between the Playfield and plate??

Do you mean the SOL scoop? There is a diverter, but it’s on the multiball lock shot and it shouldn’t do what you’re describing.

#4772 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Do you mean the SOL scoop? There is a diverter, but it’s on the multiball lock shot and it shouldn’t do what you’re describing.

I meant SOL .

Ok so I needed to change the Popper strength to -2 to get it to not shoot STDM when exiting the SOL and it only woll go to the right flipper. I need to get it to shoot to the left flipper, maybe washer underneath?

#4773 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I meant SOL .

Try increasing the strength and see if you can get it to the left flipper.

#4774 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Try increasing the strength and see if you can get it to the left flipper.

Max either hits the tip of the left Flipper or STDM 50%. Underneath hits held by 5 screws, I can't pivot it at all because just the slightest movement cause 4 of the screws to be off to far to go in. Maybe washers underneath some of them on 1 side? So as of now the ball dribbles out to the left Flipper on -2. I'd rather play like that then the 50% drain. I need to figure it out thou. 1 problem it look like it's shifted to the right from up top. If it was centered or to the left it probably would be fine.

#4775 6 years ago

Gap on the left, tight on the right.

1522015246378150299310 (resized).jpg1522015246378150299310 (resized).jpg

1522015276879949964826 (resized).jpg1522015276879949964826 (resized).jpg

#4776 6 years ago

That does look skewed to the right.

#4777 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That does look skewed to the right.

Ya it is, underneath I can take 4 screws out and pivot it so it will shoot out more to the left but I can't get the screws back in without drilling into the Playfield ( no way I trust myself to do that) maybe washers on right side? I think I'm done messing with it today thou.

#4778 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ya it is, underneath I can take 4 screws out and pivot it so it will shoot out more to the left but I can't get the screws back in without drilling into the Playfield ( no way I trust myself to do that) maybe washers on right side? I think I'm done messing with it today thou.

Or take it out completely and drill out the holes on the bracket maybe to create some wiggle room?

#4779 6 years ago

Open a ticket with CGC and see how they would like you to address the issue.

#4780 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Open a ticket with CGC and see how they would like you to address the issue.

I second this. You shouldn’t have to make those adjustments alone.

#4781 6 years ago

Just played first game in about two weeks. First ball, conquer Mars no problem, score 16+ billion. I’m cruising to a new high score and hopefully Rule the Universe. After next two balls, final score 16.9 billion, WTF. Still loving this game.

#4782 6 years ago

All it takes is one good ball.

#4783 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Just played first game in about two weeks. First ball, conquer Mars no problem, score 16+ billion. I’m cruising to a new high score and hopefully Rule the Universe. After next two balls, final score 16.9 billion, WTF. Still loving this game.

This is what makes this game so friggen addictive. It's like it knows just how much it needs to give you to keep you hooked, without giving it all away.

#4784 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

With the outlane posts at default?

Man, that is one insane ball!

#4785 6 years ago

40BD0783-ABEC-41D1-B82B-59E63585E83D (resized).jpeg40BD0783-ABEC-41D1-B82B-59E63585E83D (resized).jpeg

E22CADBC-49EC-4B8E-B11A-C026EAAB775F (resized).jpegE22CADBC-49EC-4B8E-B11A-C026EAAB775F (resized).jpeg

10E81DD4-74B8-4F7E-8F1C-37AC3E1B40C4 (resized).jpeg10E81DD4-74B8-4F7E-8F1C-37AC3E1B40C4 (resized).jpeg

#4786 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I did the launch rail adjustment and we played a couple dozen games yesterday with zero issues, so I am leaving it as is. Before I bought my leveling meter it was at 7.5...and I was having some issues with the ball coming off the return rail...that has gone away now and the machine is just looking and playing great.

#4787 6 years ago

Over 20,000 plays in less than 9 months?! That’s incredible. It must be in near constant use at your location. How’s it holding up?

#4788 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

With the outlane posts at default?
Man, that is one insane ball!

I can report that they usually aren’t that good so I enjoy them when they are.

#4789 6 years ago
Quoted from MANOLIKI:

Congratulations! I knew when I first played the original AFM that I wanted to own one some day. When the remakes came out, I played the SE at California Extreme...allowed myself 30 days to "cool off" and ordered the LE about a month later. I love it, and so do my daughters. Best of luck with it and enjoy it!

#4790 6 years ago

If anyone is looking to leave the club im interested in purchasing an LE. Thought id ask before i purchase a new( if available). Also how would i find out if a specific number is still available. Im looking for #999

#4791 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

If anyone is looking to leave the club im interested in purchasing an LE. Thought id ask before i purchase a new( if available). Also how would i find out if a specific number is still available. Im looking for #999

What's a popular number you'd have to contact the owner and buy it from him when he's ready to sell.

#4792 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I may look to buy an Iron Maiden, and get out of my AFMRLE. The ruleset and flow really impressed me

#4793 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I may look to buy an Iron Maiden, and get out of my AFMRLE. The ruleset and flow really impressed me

Thats cool but New york is way outside of my driving radius and i dont ship

#4794 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Is the ruleset published already?? I mean, SOME stuff was on the live feed, but not anything like an actual ruleset.

It looks like Iron Maiden has flow to spare, but AfM is extremely flowy and more open, too. I doubt you'll get MORE flow. Looks like a lateral or maybe a little less.

#4795 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Over 20,000 plays in less than 9 months?! That’s incredible. It must be in near constant use at your location. How’s it holding up?

Its holding up great. It had a pretty tight tilt on it from Day 1 so im sure that helps. Its also set at 50 cents a play.

#4796 6 years ago

And I am at the office.

873F543F-5B28-407E-9DD1-7C8FBE3AA1BC (resized).jpeg873F543F-5B28-407E-9DD1-7C8FBE3AA1BC (resized).jpeg

#4797 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

And I am at the office.

Sounds like someone's not feeling too well and may have to go home early.

#4798 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Sounds like someone's not feeling too well and may have to go home early.

Hahahahaha

#4799 6 years ago

yes!

the topper is amazing

still waiting for my friends to get the beast in the basement

1dro+o4YSu65XZspHowAcg (resized).jpg1dro+o4YSu65XZspHowAcg (resized).jpg

#4800 6 years ago

i set up the game now

pro:
Cabinet perfect
PF smooth and without any damage
technical, all is working in test mode
LTG

negative:
the Topper could not be connected
i had to remove a pin at the pcb
the machine was built 1 month ago
so why ist this still so in production
and not a manual included at the topper ?
but LTG answered with in 10 minutes

so i am very happy with this purchase

tom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 79.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/96?hl=abagwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.