pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 212.
#4701 6 years ago

The originals lean in the same way. It’s normal and nothing to worry about.

#4702 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The originals lean in the same way. It’s normal and nothing to worry about.

Ok thanks

#4703 6 years ago

35 games in, credit dot, check switch 47, motor bank. Will look into it more in a bit. ( I did notice the pop bumpers seemed really inactive though... ) Anything common I should be looking for?

#4704 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

35 games in, credit dot, check switch 47, motor bank. Will look into it more in a bit. ( I did notice the pop bumpers seemed really inactive though... ) Anything common I should be looking for?

Check in Solenoid test and see if you have a number of them out. Could be as simple as a fuse out. Get a bit more information and report back.

#4705 6 years ago

Unboxed an LE , Game Kicks Ass !
To my surprise the game is far better than the MMR I purchased.
The lighting,display,sound I love the game. The topper is a 10!

Looking forward to next remake

#4706 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Congratulations! What number did you got?.... please post pics or never happened

#4707 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Im not a topper guy, but the topper on the LE is unbelievable....

#4708 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Yeh felt the same way regarding MMr. Sold my MMr to get AFMLE and am so happy I did.

#4709 6 years ago

Finally managed to get the high score on my AFMr since I’m not a very good player. Only a few shots away from completing Attack Mars for the first time. Man I love this game, so much fun!

BD312006-CFFB-4048-BE51-5F92E2F597BB (resized).jpegBD312006-CFFB-4048-BE51-5F92E2F597BB (resized).jpeg

#4710 6 years ago

i should get my AFMRLE this week:

then i will install this

#4711 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Check in Solenoid test and see if you have a number of them out. Could be as simple as a fuse out. Get a bit more information and report back.

Something came up and I had to shut it down. Just turned it on now and the credit dot is gone. Ill post again if it comes back..

#4712 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Something came up and I had to shut it down. Just turned it on now and the credit dot is gone. Ill post again if it comes back..

Thank you for checking!

#4713 6 years ago

Played 2 games and it came back, "check switch #47, right motor bank". Went into the menu to check it out, hit the wrong button and exited, credit dot is now gone again...

Guess its not a fuse!

#4714 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Played 2 games and it came back, "check switch #47, right motor bank". Went into the menu to check it out, hit the wrong button and exited, credit dot is now gone again...
Guess its not a fuse!

Is it possible that you’re not hitting that switch? The game throws an error if a switch is not used in 30 or so games.

#4715 6 years ago

Well I just put up my best score ever at over 11,000,000,000 so I would think not. I just opened an account with CGC and will open a ticket.

#4716 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Well I just put up my best score ever at over 11,000,000,000 so I would think not. I just opened an account with CGC and will open a ticket.

Well, maybe I am wrong on this, but to get the motor bank down, you need to hit any of the switches 3 times. So, it’s possible that you’ve hit left and middle and rarely/ever right?

#4717 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure you have to hit each target in the bank, not just any. Not sure exactly what right motor bank is either. In test mode the center targets go up and down no issue.

Still waiting for the CGC email confirmation, so I can open a ticket....

#4718 6 years ago

Switch 47 is one of the three targets on the moving target bank. It’s the rightmost switch of the 3 red switches.

#4719 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

so I can open a ticket....

I responded to your ticket.

"The three red targets that go up and down in front of the drop target area. The right one isn't working. Please check if to see if it needs cleaning, adjusting, or if it's stuck closed. And check for broken wire at the switch lugs.

In Tests - Switch Edge - push it with your finger and see if it works or not. "

LTG : )

#4720 6 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, Ill check it out.

#4721 6 years ago

Joined the club!

7C528182-26A3-4474-B047-556EE4D74D66 (resized).jpeg7C528182-26A3-4474-B047-556EE4D74D66 (resized).jpeg

3E69CBBE-A1A5-4BD0-ABBC-C1C42CCE26EB (resized).jpeg3E69CBBE-A1A5-4BD0-ABBC-C1C42CCE26EB (resized).jpeg

400E07F9-83A7-45D0-929C-B8FCA2F8CC91 (resized).jpeg400E07F9-83A7-45D0-929C-B8FCA2F8CC91 (resized).jpeg

#4722 6 years ago
Quoted from Jayg1981:

Joined the club!

Congrats. If I were you, I would swap the No Fear with the AFMr away from the door. You don't want someone coming into the door carrying something and scratching up the cabinet. I'd rather a cab gouge on the No Fear

#4723 6 years ago

Just put on my speaker lights from Ler Mods i got at the TPF for my classic Looks very nice

66BAE386-DE27-4A2C-B212-A7C7C3B91A8C (resized).jpeg66BAE386-DE27-4A2C-B212-A7C7C3B91A8C (resized).jpeg

#4724 6 years ago

there is no Bally sign at your speaker panel ?

#4725 6 years ago

Can someone who has their games at factory settings please take a photo of where your outline posts are set.

I adjusted mine, but put them back, but can't recall how it was set when I got it.

Cheers

#4726 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can someone who has their games at factory settings please take a photo of where your outline posts are set.
I adjusted mine, but put them back, but can't recall how it was set when I got it.
Cheers

Damien,

Here are mine.

Marc

A8A4A6AC-A9F6-459E-8378-E251F9E75CB1 (resized).jpegA8A4A6AC-A9F6-459E-8378-E251F9E75CB1 (resized).jpeg

9880101C-F0A6-4CFE-B46F-0F4C193EFC87 (resized).jpeg9880101C-F0A6-4CFE-B46F-0F4C193EFC87 (resized).jpeg

#4727 6 years ago

Hey guys my DMD has one dead pixel. Do you think CGC will replace it? Its kind of this annoying blue dot thingy.

#4728 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Yea that don't look right. Can one of the classic owners take a look for the Bally logo on theres or post a pic .My lower panel is just blacken out in that area

#4729 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my DMD has one dead pixel. Do you think CGC will replace it? Its kind of this annoying blue dot thingy.

No idea. Haven’t seen this posted. I wouldn’t open a ticket and see.

#4730 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I would take pics, and open a ticket....they will get back to you quickly

#4731 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Damien,
Here are mine.
Marc

And this hasn't been adjusted from factory setting?

Looks like the post is sort of in the middle of each slot? The left slot is shorter, so looks closer to edge, correct?

#4732 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And this hasn't been adjusted from factory setting?
Looks like the post is sort of in the middle of each slot? The left slot is shorter, so looks closer to edge, correct?

Correct, these are as they came from CGC. Roughly in the middle of each.

#4733 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Correct, these are as they came from CGC. Roughly in the middle of each.

What do you have you slant set at?

Also, can you take a photo of your flipper settings as I adjusted those too.

Thanks

#4734 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Yea that don't look right. Can one of the classic owners take a look for the Bally logo on theres or post a pic .My lower panel is just blacken out in that area

The lower panel allows for customization. One of the display options is the Bally logo. From what I have seen, the other image is at least somewhat variable. My LE had a pug dog as the second option.

IMG_1760 (resized).JPGIMG_1760 (resized).JPG

#4735 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

The Classic model uses a smaller display, similar in size to regular DMD games as well as to MMr. I don’t think it’s supposed to show the Bally logo, just like MMr doesn’t have the Williams logo. The LE and SE models use a display that is almost twice as big. Part of the bottom is uncovered and can be used to show the Bally name or something else you can program there yourself.

#4736 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

The classic has the standard size display - no logo. The logo is on the LCD on the Special Edition and Limited Edition models with the larger display.

#4737 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What do you have you slant set at?
Also, can you take a photo of your flipper settings as I adjusted those too.
Thanks

My slant is 6.5 (or at least it was). Flipper settings are at -4.

#4738 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

My slant is 6.5 (or at least it was). Flipper settings are at -4.

Can you possibly send a pic of the flippers placement?

#4739 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Sure - they are factory; I haven’t touched them at all.

#4740 6 years ago

AFMr LE is my first ever "brand new" pinball machine. I've had it since December and I will say that I am very happy with it so far...none of these major issues some of you are having. I few I have, I consider to be pretty minor. I got mine from Larry and he has been a great dealer to work with. It's really sad and unfortunate that some of you have had less than a stellar experience. It's tough to spend this much money on something to begin with, much less get it and then have it not be perfect. It's like buying that car that is never quite right.

Couple of questions for you guys...

1) I have the machine leveled at 6.5 degrees (used a meter) this seems like it's not enough pitch to me. The game plays slower than when I had it out of the box, so I am thinking of upping it. However...I haven't had the ball fly off the capture return rail since I did this adjustment. What is your playfield angle?

2) I can't access that Drop Box pdf on #2104 Is it available somewhere else? I have issues with the launch ramp every so often with the ball not making it around the horn as I call it. I do have the revised controller IC but have not increased the coil strength.

3) I did have an issue where the ball would get hung up and not make it into the launch area from the trough, but that just seems to have gone away...maybe break in period?

I have 2 older games that I have done a fair amount of work on, so it is nice to have something new. Of course, to me, half the fun is working on the game.

Anyway...the game is fantastic fun. I fell in love with the SE at CA Extreme last year and took the plunge on the LE. Glad I did! I fell just shy of 7.5 billion the first few days I had it and have not gotten close since.

Have fun and enjoy!

Damagio

#4741 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Sure - they are factory; I haven’t touched them at all.

No pic attached.

#4742 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

No pic attached.

I’m not home yet. I’m in CA at work right now and I’ll be happy to post them tonight.

#4743 6 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

2) I can't access that Drop Box pdf on #2104 Is it available somewhere else?

PM me your email address and I will email the pdf to you.

#4744 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The classic has the standard size display - no logo. The logo is on the LCD on the Special Edition and Limited Edition models with the larger display.

I know on MMR there is no speaker bar logo since Williams didn't allow their logo be put on the remake machines; this is clearly not the case for the Bally logo, and even though I don't own a classic machine, I question the why there is no Bally logo on the classic machine, as there is clearly room for it.

#4745 6 years ago

I'm in. AFMr LE. Really enjoying the game. Was a little nervous after reading some posts here. So far - so good. Time to LED my other games.... this game is bright.

20180308_185008 (resized).jpg20180308_185008 (resized).jpg

20180319_190907 (resized).jpg20180319_190907 (resized).jpg

#4746 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I know on MMR there is no speaker bar logo since Williams didn't allow their logo be put on the remake machines; this is clearly not the case for the Bally logo, and even though I don't own a classic machine, I question the why there is no Bally logo on the classic machine, as there is clearly room for it.

Where is there room for it on the Classic display? Or do you mean putting a Bally logo plaque in that area below the LCD?

0DA7D663-545E-4CE1-AC94-7D27DB895572 (resized).jpeg0DA7D663-545E-4CE1-AC94-7D27DB895572 (resized).jpeg
9CAF2D40-EF74-485B-9532-29C0A09D3F65 (resized).jpeg9CAF2D40-EF74-485B-9532-29C0A09D3F65 (resized).jpeg

#4747 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I question the why there is no Bally logo on the classic machine, as there is clearly room for it.

I suspect they don't have the rights to the Bally name.

Now on the SE and LE, since it's on the LCD, I suspect it's in the original software, and able to be used.

#4748 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I suspect they don't have the rights to the Bally name.
Now on the SE and LE, since it's on the LCD, I suspect it's in the original software, and able to be used.

I agree.

The way I see it is, the only way you would get a logo'd panel would be if it was a licensed exact replacement part for an original game.
Any changes would be aftermarket and not be able to be logo'd
Any changed parts would have to be given or sold to bally or williams and then manufacturing rights would have to be purchased to use their logo.

The right to display the logo on the screen would be contained within the right to use their software.

#4749 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

You can actually get or make a stick on logo for that area as long as you dont sell it[ it would be considered fan art, if you need it.
Or get an original speaker panel and possibly modify it to fit.

#4750 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Damien,

Here you are.

Marc

A288715C-9295-48B4-A00C-9E8C8DD3BCEC (resized).jpegA288715C-9295-48B4-A00C-9E8C8DD3BCEC (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/95?hl=abagwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.