pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 212.
#4651 6 years ago

well said cooked....the manufacturers already have a sweet deal in that they provide zero labor support. For the most part parts for these machines are relatively cheap. One would think they would have at least sent him a new play field that he could swap him self or sell with the machine....

#4652 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It must be an embarrassment for CGC that some buyers are now purchasing Mirco PF's to swap in to their AFMr's.

Why? They're off the hook to support it. I doubt they care at all that's happening.

#4653 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why? They're off the hook to support it. I doubt they care at all that's happening.

I suspect your right....that being said I am sure its turned off a few buyers....I know I won't purchase another remake until they change their warranty policy

#4654 6 years ago

Attack remake Question???
I cant remember where I saw a picture of a Attack with lights on side of cabinet (upper) is this a mod ??
Thanks

#4655 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I cant remember where I saw a picture of a Attack with lights on side of cabinet (upper) is this a mod ??
Thanks

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/attack-from-mars-powerpanels-bally-williams-pinball

#4656 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Thanks

I believe that is Pingraffix that makes those along with the Powerblades.

#4657 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I suspect your right....that being said I am sure its turned off a few buyers....I know I won't purchase another remake until they change their warranty policy

Same here. If i get a defective product i want it fixed or replaced. I dont care if its a mouse trap or a pinball machine.

#4658 6 years ago

Onwallst I'm sorry about the lack of support you received with the issue. You can count me as another buyer that won't be shopping from CGC in the future....thankful mine looks great so far but I won't take another chance if that's how they are going to treat playfield quality issues.

#4659 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

These suppliers, and many of the fanboy trolls on this site, like to shift the blame for these issues to the buyer by implying the buyer is being unreasonable and over-reacting. They argue these problems are "not real" , only aesthetic, have no impact on gameplay, are part of pinball, and therefore the buyer shouldn't be complaining.
Onwallst 's experience sums up why many buyers are not happy to accept these "non-issue" issues. The end result was he lost a significant amount of money as a result of losing the NIB lottery. Fanboy's and suppliers will argue "that's pinball, you cant expect to open a game, play it and get your money back". But the fact is Onwallst had hardly played it. The game had no damage from actual gameplay. He was just unlucky enough to get a bad PF out of the box. The used market proved that buyers saw this as issue and would only accept it at a discounted price.
The result was pretty concrete - he paid in cold hard cash for the ineptitude of the supplier when in fact the supplier should have taken the hit themselves. Onwallst paid the equivalent of having to swap the playfield that was deemed not up to standard by the used market, when that cost should have been borne by the supplier.
It must be an embarrassment for CGC that some buyers are now purchasing Mirco PF's to swap in to their AFMr's.

Give it X number of years and nice originals will be priced higher than the re-makes if anyone cares about that kind of thing

#4660 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Update. Thanks everyone for your support. I will no longer be posting on this forum as I no longer qualify. CGC got off the hook again. Since doing nothing (except verbally extending a flawed warranty that they won’t do anything on now that they have full discretion) for an extremely defective product that had playfeild planking, I did what many friends and pinball enthusiasts did and sold my AFMr LE and took a heavy finacial hit. Some of you stated “that Doug and CGC will take care of you” were wrong like many others have posted. The new owner is willing to install a new AFM mirco made playfeild that has fabulous colors and no planking. These defective games fetch between $6500 to $7200 which puts downward pressure on the price and resale value. Since I sold the game the warranty is not transferable and CGC has no obligation to warranty their product. They win! I wish I had a game I enjoyed but every time I played the game it made me upset at the product with the low quality playfeild. It began to wear on my enjoyment of pinball and when many of us were forced to explore legal action I began to ask why is this worth it? Time to move on. I wish my game looked as fabulous as some of you. That is the product and quality I expect. I strongly believe climate and clearcoat drying issues had something to do with the planking. It was best to move on. I will avoid buying any product from CGC until they provide an industry standard warranty and take care of their customers on major issues instead of talking with a silver tongue. Quality control is not there. I bought the MMr le and matching number AFMr le and was a loyal customer. They now have lost another customer just like many others that have sold and took the hit to move on. Buyer Beware! Best of luck to all those that have minor issues unlike myself. My favorite posts are the brilliant mods and creative ideas many of you have. I will watch this thread but do not qualify to post anymore. Adios Amigos!

Boo-hoo good riddance.

#4661 6 years ago
Quoted from dartman68:

Boo-hoo good riddance.

I was wondering when the peanut gallery would make their return.

#4662 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I was wondering when the peanut gallery would make their return.

The "peanut gallery" you derogatorily refer to are actual owners, unlike you. You've now made 87 posts in this owners thread, all of it negative. Trolling at its finest. This is one of the reasons I'm losing interest in Pinside.

#4663 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

The "peanut gallery" you derogatorily refer to are actual owners, unlike you. You've now made 87 posts in this owners thread, all of it negative. Trolling at its finest. This is one of the reasons I'm losing interest in Pinside.

88 -

The "peanut gallery" is comprised of no more than 3 or 4 people who irrationally defend CGC to the detriment of other owners.

After Onwallst's post, there is really nothing else left to say and I will refrain from posting in this thread again.

#4664 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And drats!!!!...just saw this...lmk your next coupon date...I have machines in need.....thanks...

Texas Pinball Festival promo code can be found in the main TPF thread starting today.

#4665 6 years ago
Quoted from dartman68:

Boo-hoo good riddance.

Really....if you actually owned the machine, and received a sub standard game what would you do? Just sit back, do nothing? I suspect that would not be the case....I was one of the lucky ones, but clearly he was not.....CGC should have made this right, and they choose to do nothing....total BS

#4666 6 years ago

Given the low number of solid issued besides adjustments I'm completely happy with my game and will buy the next remake but I do believe in holding makers accountable. Something as simple as a flood of bad reviews on facebook or asking in person is actions that can be taken. As for CGC warrenty i had a inlane plastic with minor cracks, mailed me a new one super fast and no issues so, my accounts its been great. If you enjoy your game, continue to enjoy your game and buy more. Take all information with both sides being put into perspective

#4667 6 years ago

One more in the chorus: I pre-ordered LE 186, and have had a couple of relatively minor issues. Most of them were things lke prematurely broken flipper return springs, and adjustment issues. Most recently, I had to get a replacement board due to some funky lighting action. In all cases, CGC, Arturo and Lloyd were all great.

I can't see any issues with my playfield, and I'm not going to get out my magnifying glass to make sure.

I am really happy with my game, but also disturbed at what appears to be CGC's response to more major issues.

I'm still looking forward to the next announcement, and actually kind of hoping it's a title I am a little less excited about. My budget could use a year off after AFM and Alien, and I'd also like to see how CGC evolves with regard to their support policies on the next round.

#4668 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Hey if you want them to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed..

#4669 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hey if you want them to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed..
» YouTube video

Great movie....

#4670 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Does anyone know, does cgc make their own playfields in house? If so, redo the bad ones. If not, send them back to whoever made them!!

This is the shocking part, CGC makes their own play fields so all the problems are internal issues.

#4671 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is the shocking part, CGC makes their own play fields so all the problems are internal issues.

Wow I didn't know that...

#4672 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

After Onwallst's post, there is really nothing else left to say and I will refrain from posting in this thread again.

Agreed, that post clearly defines where CGC stands on the issue. Part of me is actually glad we now have a definitive answer to the playfield warranty question; however, in pinball condition is everything and no one here can possibly argue that point, and I'm extremely disappointed in the support CGC provided in this critical area.

#4673 6 years ago

Was wondering when the fire would flare back up. Like it or not, there are multiple examples on this forum of PFs from every manufacturer with minor imperfections that have not been warrantied for replacement. CGC is obviously no different and this has been long known, beginning from the MMR insert issues. Again, minor imperfections are nothing new and are typically not warrantied. It includes Stern with minor (some would say moderate) pf cc chipping and color/alignment differences as well as JJP with sending out mylar for PF cc chipping (even when the PF art went with the chip). When Onwallst posted his PF pictures a 40 days ago, based on this history it was fairly obvious that cosmetic and relatively minor imperfections probably were not going result in a replacement. And regardless the post bombing, lawsuit threats and a small Pinside gallery pile-on. Again, just look at the history from all the manufacturers. I've only been around on the forum for a few years and even I know about it. Nothing New.

Take a look at Onwallst's PF and descriptions. Calling it planking was the first potential issue. I had no idea if it was actually planking so I did a quick forum search for the definition of planking... and found it in seconds from a reputable source (Kruzman).

Quoted from stangbat:

Are you seeing planking or ribbing? Newer Sterns seem to suffer from ribbing, not much you can do about it and nothing to really worry about. Planking can be bad because the artwork can chip and peel off.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/36702f7a6049ee/7edd4f75ba80e4f0
Quote from Ron:
"There are 2 effects on pf's.
The first I call ribbed. It is on most sterns and IPB. IT is caused from the wood not being fully cured when it was printed and cleared. The ribbed look takes a couple of months to show up. It is simply cheap wood, that is not dry. ( I was a cabinet maker for 15 years) The other effect is planking. This is the actual cracking of the paint and clear. Your finger nails will get stuck in planking, not ribbing. All of my IPB pf's are ribbed for the most part, and my CPR BK is ribbed really bad. I have examined hundreds, maybe thousands of pf's and not one bally williams pf has the ribbed effect. There ya go kids. You would be suprised how many people confuse the 2.
Both suck!
ron kruzman "

Onwallst's PF looks to be a textbook definition ribbing as per Kruzman's descriptions, not planking fwiw.

How about Onwallst's "strong" beliefs about this issue being from from climate or clearcoat drying issues? Again, from that expert (Kruzman) and other pinside discussions they say that typical post purchase humidity and temps changes are not a factor in ribbing and planking. Some have posted that maybe wild swings in humidity are an issue, but nothing that normal-use post purchase environments entail. So the forum typically does not call this artifact planking, nor is it from climate or clearcoat drying issues as per Onwallst's "strong" beliefs. That's three strikes against this and from the first posts of the entire soap opera. What a waste of time and misplaced extreme umbrage. CGC's PF warranty experience is well known. As the forum has noted many times, if minor imperfections such as these are major problems to you, don't buy NIB pinball machines. It's a bummer, but in the grand scheme of life these pictures are only relatively minor cosmetic imperfections at this time. It's like dimple gate.

Whether people like it or not, these are not substandard games as per the way every big pinball manufacturer has worked and acted up to this day. It's still called commercial equipment, and sold/warrantied as such. People expecting perfection have big time misplaced expectations with pinball machines. That's the buyer's fault. If you want perfection simply don't buy NIB. Vote with your wallet . Maybe the manufacturers should raise prices another 20% to stringently permit only "perfect" components in every way.

And it appears there hasn't been much of a downward price/resale for such games with these minor imperfections. A clean AFMRLE with 100 plays was recently advertised on Pinside and went for $7250. ~$7000 for minor imperfections isn't much of a loss. If one is upset over a $250 loss, even $500-$1000, I'd recommend staying away from pinball machines. The market has been crazy for recent years, but it won't always be that way.

I thought the five year offer of extended warranty was nice. If a machine eventually gets to planking which is the cracking of paint and clear (as per Kruzman), then that's the time to definitely expect a new PF.

The odd post(s) showing minor PF issues are great information. They help remind us there is often no perfection in pinball. Post experiences up and vote with your wallets; trying to raise the bar is always a good thing . The broken record post bombing, lawsuit threats and haters piling on over and over and over are much of what make Pinside such a toxic place.

All this umbrage and drama over visible wood grain. Sigh. It isn't perfect and it's unfortunate, but in the grand scheme of things the ribbing pictures posted are pretty minor and only cosmetic imo. Play and enjoy pinball, don't sweat the small stuff. If a buyer is burned/PO'd by minor imperfections they only have themselves to blame; it's all well known history on the forum and it includes all the major manufacturers. Don't shoot the messenger; I have no skin in the game. I think CGC/PPS makes some great games and it's the same thing with JJP and Stern. People have reported similar experiences with "minor" issues from all the major pinball manufactures (and some potentially not so minor issues). Take it or leave it for what it is, and act accordingly.

Sorry for your bad experience Onwallst.

#4674 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Was wondering when the fire would flare back up. Like it or not, there are multiple examples on this forum of PFs from every manufacturer with minor imperfections that have not been warrantied for replacement. CGC is obviously no different and this has been long known, beginning from the MMR insert issues. Again, minor imperfections are nothing new and are typically not warrantied. It includes Stern with minor (some would say moderate) pf cc chipping and color/alignment differences as well as JJP with sending out mylar for PF cc chipping (even when the PF art went with the chip). When Onwallst posted his PF pictures a 40 days ago, based on this history it was fairly obvious that cosmetic and relatively minor imperfections probably were not going result in a replacement, regardless his post bombing, lawsuit threats and a small Pinside gallery pile-on. Again, just look at the history from all the manufacturers. I've only been around on the forum for a few years and even I know about it. Nothing New.
Take a look at Onwallst's PF and descriptions. Calling it planking was the first potential issue. I had no idea if it was actually planking so I did a quick forum search for the definition of planking... and found it in seconds from a reputable source (Kruzman).

Onwallst's PF looks to be a textbook definition ribbing as per Kruzman's descriptions, not planking fwiw.
How about Onwallst's "strong" beliefs about this issue being from from climate or clearcoat drying issues? Again, from that expert (Kruzman) and other pinside discussions they say that typical post purchase humidity and temps changes are not a factor in ribbing and planking. Some have posted that maybe wild swings in humidity may be an issue, but nothing that normal-use post purchase environments entail. So the forum typically does not call this artifact planking, nor is it from climate or clearcoat drying issues as per Onwallst's "strong" beliefs. That's three strikes against this and from the first posts of the entire soap opera. What a waste of time and misplaced extreme umbrage. CGC's PF warranty experience is well known. As the forum has noted many times, if minor imperfections such as these are major problems to you, don't buy NIB pinball machines. It's a bummer, but in the grand scheme of life these pictures are only relatively minor cosmetic imperfections at this time. It's like dimple gate.
Whether people like it or not, these are not substandard games as per the way every big pinball manufacturer has worked and acted up to this day. It's still called commercial equipment, and sold/warrantied as such. People expecting perfection have big time misplaced expectations with pinball machines. That's the buyer's fault. If you want perfection simply don't buy NIB. Vote with your wallet . Maybe the manufacturers should raise prices another 20% to stringently permit only "perfect" components in every way.
And it appears there hasn't been much of a downward price/resale for such games with these minor imperfections. A clean AFMRLE with 100 plays was recently advertised on Pinside and went for $7250. ~$7000 for minor imperfections isn't much of a loss. If one is upset over a $500 loss I'd recommend staying away from pinball machines. The market has been crazy for recent years, but it won't always be that way.
I thought the five year offer of extended warranty was nice. If a machine eventually gets to planking which is the cracking of paint and clear (as per Kruzman), then that's the time to definitely expect a new PF.
The odd post(s) showing minor PF issues are great information. They help remind us there is often no perfection in pinball. Post experiences up and vote with your wallets. Trying to raise the bar is always a good thing . The broken record post bombing, lawsuit threats and haters piling on over and over and over are much of what make Pinside such a toxic place.
All this umbrage and drama over visible wood grain. Sigh. It isn't perfect and it's unfortunate, but in the grand scheme of things the ribbing pictures posted are pretty minor and only cosmetic imo. Play and enjoy pinball, don't sweat the small stuff. If a buyer is burned/PO'd by minor imperfections they only have themselves to blame; it's all well known history on the forum and it includes all the major manufacturers. Don't shoot the messenger; I have no skin in the game. I think CGC/PPS makes some great games and it's the same thing with JJP and Stern. All of the manufactures have similar reported experiences with minor PF issues as well. Take it or leave it for what it is, and act accordingly.

How about a cliff note version.

#4675 6 years ago

I have ribbing on my playfield and it doesn’t bother me. Certainly not enough to take a $1000 hit on a game I actually like to play. I can only see it when the light hits it just right. I’m sympathetic to onwallst’s situation. My response would have been different. I love to play the game. It’s a keeper. I know it’s going to show defects over time anyway. I would just keep it and play it. But I know that’s not how some collectors feel and I respect that. Just not in the mood to see the cgc bashers reappear in this thread.

#4676 6 years ago

On a different note, does anyone have plastics protectors on their afmr? Is that literally not necessary? I note the washers at the bottom of the slings, but I’d rather have something translucent there to show the art better.

#4677 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Was wondering when the fire would flare back up. Like it or not, there are multiple examples on this forum of PFs from every manufacturer with minor imperfections that have not been warrantied for replacement. CGC is obviously no different and this has been long known, beginning from the MMR insert issues. Again, minor imperfections are nothing new and are typically not warrantied. It includes Stern with minor (some would say moderate) pf cc chipping and color/alignment differences as well as JJP with sending out mylar for PF cc chipping (even when the PF art went with the chip). When Onwallst posted his PF pictures a 40 days ago, based on this history it was fairly obvious that cosmetic and relatively minor imperfections probably were not going result in a replacement. And regardless the post bombing, lawsuit threats and a small Pinside gallery pile-on. Again, just look at the history from all the manufacturers. I've only been around on the forum for a few years and even I know about it. Nothing New.

How about Onwallst's "strong" beliefs about this issue being from from climate or clearcoat drying issues? Again, from that expert (Kruzman) and other pinside discussions they say that typical post purchase humidity and temps changes are not a factor in ribbing and planking. Some have posted that maybe wild swings in humidity are an issue, but nothing that normal-use post purchase environments entail. So the forum typically does not call this artifact planking, nor is it from climate or clearcoat drying issues as per Onwallst's "strong" beliefs. That's three strikes against this and from the first posts of the entire soap opera. What a waste of time and misplaced extreme umbrage. CGC's PF warranty experience is well known. As the forum has noted many times, if minor imperfections such as these are major problems to you, don't buy NIB pinball machines. It's a bummer, but in the grand scheme of life these pictures are only relatively minor cosmetic imperfections at this time. It's like dimple gate.
And it appears there hasn't been much of a downward price/resale for such games with these minor imperfections. A clean AFMRLE with 100 plays was recently advertised on Pinside and went for $7250. ~$7000 for minor imperfections isn't much of a loss. If one is upset over a $250 loss, even $500-$1000, I'd recommend staying away from pinball machines. The market has been crazy for recent years, but it won't always be that way.
The odd post(s) showing minor PF issues are great information. They help remind us there is often no perfection in pinball. Post experiences up and vote with your wallets; trying to raise the bar is always a good thing . The broken record post bombing, lawsuit threats and haters piling on over and over and over are much of what make Pinside such a toxic place.
All this umbrage and drama over visible wood grain. Sigh. It isn't perfect and it's unfortunate, but in the grand scheme of things the ribbing pictures posted are pretty minor and only cosmetic imo. Play and enjoy pinball, don't sweat the small stuff. If a buyer is burned/PO'd by minor imperfections they only have themselves to blame; it's all well known history on the forum and it includes all the major manufacturers. Don't shoot the messenger; I have no skin in the game. I think CGC/PPS makes some great games and it's the same thing with JJP and Stern. People have reported similar experiences with "minor" issues from all the major pinball manufactures (and some potentially not so minor issues). Take it or leave it for what it is, and act accordingly.

Great post! Very informative, balanced, and well thought out. I agree completely with everything you say. I was ignorant regarding the difference between planking and ribbing until you pointed it out, and it appears my ignorance is shared by many others based on lots of comments on this thread. Posts like yours which actually teach me something are why I keep coming back. Thank you.

#4678 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Wonderful post. I too am sorry for his experience and am sad he’s no longer in the club.

#4679 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

On a different note, does anyone have plastics protectors on their afmr? Is that literally not necessary? I note the washers at the bottom of the slings, but I’d rather have something translucent there to show the art better.

My buddy has the tinted green/red ones from Pinbits and they look great. I’d argue they aren’t needed, but they look great so you can’t really lose.

#4680 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Given the low number of solid issued besides adjustments I'm completely happy with my game

I don't think you guys get it. If your game is free of major issues at this point, fantastic! Most games are probably fine this early on. That's not the issue.

It's about what happens if one day your game starts showing issues such as planking like Onwallst had experienced. If you found yourself facing this, wouldn't you want to know that CGC had you covered? Or if your cabinet started cracking, wouldn't you like to know you'd be looked after?

It's simple to say your experience has been perfect when CGC has covered a couple of plastic replacement. That's like a car manufacturer that replaces your cup holder but refuses to respond to your engine crapping out.

I have both remakes, and have had major chipping on both. I have Cliffys installed now, and I'm enjoying my games fully.

But I can still empathize with others here with larger issues and the fact that CGC has basically ignored them, makes it hard for me to put more of my money into their games.

It's unfortunate, because these games are gorgeous and a load of fun to play!

#4681 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I don't think you guys get it. If your game is free of major issues at this point, fantastic! Most games are probably fine this early on. That's not the issue.
It's about what happens if one day your game starts showing issues such as planking like Onwallst had experienced. If you found yourself facing this, wouldn't you want to know that CGC had you covered? Or if your cabinet started cracking, wouldn't you like to know you'd be looked after?
It's simple to say your experience has been perfect when CGC has covered a couple of plastic replacement. That's like a car manufacturer that replaces your cup holder but refuses to respond to your engine crapping out.
I have both remakes, and have has major chipping on both. I have Cliffys installed now, and I'm enjoying my games fully.
But that I can still empathize with others here with larger issues, and the fact that CGC has basically ignored them, makes it hard for me to put more of my money into their games.
It's unfortunate, because these games are gorgeous and a load of fun to play!

I hear ya...and totally get it....says a lot about the CGC's warranty....I actually put value on the warranty prior to purchasing my LE....clearly its not worth much

#4682 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Been shown before by me and others. You can always search pictures in this thread. Here you go to to help you save time.

IMG_1359 (resized).JPGIMG_1359 (resized).JPG
IMG_1361 (resized).JPGIMG_1361 (resized).JPG
IMG_1389 (resized).JPGIMG_1389 (resized).JPG

#4683 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Been shown before by me and others. You can always search pictures in this thread. Here you go to to help you save time.

Those look great! I was mostly wondering on colored ones if they wash out the art when the lights are on under them.

#4684 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Those look great! I was mostly wondering on colored ones if they wash out the art when the lights are on under them.

No, all art looks as is.

#4685 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I have ribbing

Honestly, it's more for her pleasure.

#4686 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Can you please post a pic of how you connected them. I still couldn't get mine to work.

Here you go - the connections for the pingraffix AfM lit/animated art blades. The third pic is probably the one you're looking for (where the wires inside the insulation are split out and connected to the power supply, but the other two show the placement of the adapter (laying in the cabinet).

afm_pg1 (resized).jpgafm_pg1 (resized).jpg
AfM_PG2 (resized).jpgAfM_PG2 (resized).jpg
afm_PG3 (resized).jpgafm_PG3 (resized).jpg

#4687 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Honestly, it's more for her pleasure.

That’s freakin funny right there! I just checked my holes and i don’t seem to have any wear or damage anywhere.... on LE095

#4688 6 years ago

As a former AFMLE owner I'm perplexed. On one hand I think that the CGC remakes are beautiful and for the most part play very well. The first day I set up my AFMLE I was simply in awe on how it commanded attention in my gameroom and what an awesome pinball experience it offered the player.

Now on the other hand, the LE appealed to me because of some extras like the topper, powder coated armour...but more importantly the extended warranty. That being said I'm starting to realize it makes absolutely no difference how long the warranty covers your machine if the major claims are not approved by the manufacturer. That's the biggest concern for me going forward.

Would I love a TOM remake, a Monster Bash remake, in my gameroom? Absolutely! Would I ever pull the trigger on a NIB? I just couldn't take that chance of having a sub par or flawed playfield with potentially incorrectly screened colors, possible ghosting/planking, wood filler patched shooter lane, etc. I realize these may be very limited instances but then it should be that much easier for CGC to address but it seems those examples are considered to be acceptable.

So it comes down to fact that my expectations of NIB acceptable are different than the manufacturer's definition. That's why it makes sense for me to not gamble with NIB from CGC and be patient with the used market as the warranty no longer plays as much as an important roll for me.

I hope that after TPF some of these issues get handled in what the owners/customers feel is in an appropriate manner. I also hope CGC tries to understand that many owners might hold the playfield to a higher standard than others (including myself). I wish them the best of luck moving forward.

#4689 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Here you go - the connections for the pingraffix AfM lit/animated art blades. The third pic is probably the one you're looking for (where the wires inside the insulation are split out and connected to the power supply, but the other two show the placement of the adapter (laying in the cabinet).

Thanks, I guess I was hooking it up wrong to the V+ and V- on the far right but you hooked it up to the furthest left 2 spots, blue and brown in that order. No instructions came with the product so if you got it to work then yours must be correct. The issue I have is that the PSU says 85V-120V going in and is not grounded at all. Thanks again for posting the pics.

#4690 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Thanks, I guess I was hooking it up wrong to the V+ and V- on the far right but you hooked it up to the furthest left 2 spots, blue and brown in that order. No instructions came with the product so if you got it to work then yours must be correct. The issue I have is that the PSU says 85V-120V going in and is not grounded at all. Thanks again for posting the pics.

We're the second owner (see: rant on CGC not covering second owners while warranty is still valid), but I was told it was purchased at a show with the pingraffix lighted kit already installed, so I'm assuming this is the "right" way to do it.

Does yours work now?

#4691 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Now this is where this forum really pays off. I just bought a pair of these at TPF today,.. now I have the instructions in picture form. Thx PinMonk !!

#4692 6 years ago

PinballSTAR has all models of AFMR in stock right now for shipping...
Classic / CE
Special / SE
LE (Green) - only 3 left

And we have a bunch of MMRs too !

Interested ? Email Joe at [email protected].

TY ! : )

#4693 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Now this is where this forum really pays off. I just bought a pair of these at TPF today,.. now I have the instructions in picture form. Thx vireland !!

Make a youtube video when you install yours and we can link to that! I have no idea why they don't sell them with instructions...

#4694 6 years ago

Honestly I love the classic look .... new boards are like 50 bucks and I don’t need all that extra stuff. The warranty would be great for me as I keep my games a long time but I add mods as I like and save myself 1800 bucks.

#4695 6 years ago

Im going to be documenting the wear progression every 100 plays on the mechs, tech, and play field. For now, I'm leaving Cliffies out of the equation until I see real reason to install them. Every 500 or so plays, I'll post the progression of the areas of concern.

#4696 6 years ago

Perhaps Doug will be attending TPF and can answer the concerns posted here face to face with some of those customers adversely affected .

#4697 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Perhaps Doug will be attending TPF and can answer the concerns posted here face to face with some of those customers adversely affected .

There is a CGC booth at the show - I saw it on Facebook yesterday.

#4698 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does yours work now?

I took mine apart and began bench testing it, one of the components wasn't soldered on properly. I will try again once I complete it and will try installing in the spots you pictured.

#4699 6 years ago

My targets are bending to the right
It does not cause a malfonction while going up and down

I just wanted to know if there is an adjustement on it

I just put cliffys on but it was bending before i did

Thanks in advance for the tips

20180317_230354 (resized).jpg20180317_230354 (resized).jpg

#4700 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

My targets are bending to the right
It does not cause a malfonction while going up and down
I just wanted to know if there is an adjustement on it
I just put cliffys on but it was bending before i did
Thanks in advance for the tips

Mine does exactly the same thing....has never affected game play, but its clearly noticeable

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/94?hl=newbie979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.