pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 212.
#4451 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i am working at a nice mod
» YouTube video

Cool tell us more?

#4452 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Cool tell us more?

it will be a movie player display.

just connect it to the USB port and play cool clips

waiting for some plastic frames and must check out mounting options

more will follow

#4453 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

So you don’t know exactly how many but you know they are all loved and played. How you even know 60 or 70 people with this game is beyond me but the last part I don’t know how you could possibly know if all those games are played and loved. It’s comments like this that make you seem suspicious.

We have our own forum and our distro is on it. Do you have a good relationship with your distro?

#4454 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

PIC 2.0 does not affect the lighting.

I know. It was a coincidence. I just wasn't sure if it was happening before I was messing around in the backbox.

#4455 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Please PM me as currently exploring a class action lawsuit being filed in Federal Court looking for others.

I came into this thread to see how people were liking their games, I've flirted with eventually moving my Metallica LE for one, but maybe I should just sell it and get out of this hobby before it's nothing but rich douchebags suing each other.

#4456 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I came into this thread to see how people were liking their games, I've flirted with eventually moving my Metallica LE for one, but maybe I should just sell it and get out of this hobby before it's nothing but rich douchebags suing each other.

Why is he a douchebag? If you paid $8K for a NIB game and it showed up with flaws would you just sit back and take it if the manufacturer told you to pound salt (I'm assuming they basically told him that)? my hope is that he and CGC can resolve their issues before it gets to a lawsuit. Maybe the best thing is to just take back the game and refund him his money? Be great to know how the distributor feels about the situation....

That being said its a great game, and CGC is great at resolving the small stuff, which is what typically happens with these games.

#4457 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

I know. It was a coincidence. I just wasn't sure if it was happening before I was messing around in the backbox.

Likely something just came partially unplugged when you were in the backbox. I'd just open it back up and check all the connections again carefully.

#4458 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you buy a new car from the dealer and find it has a dent when you get home are you expecting the dealer to fix the issue or are you just going to live with the dent?

#4459 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you want out I'll take your tna.

#4460 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

FYI the top dimples will be the same, but the underside dimples will not match AFMr since the board set is different. The big mechanical stuff should be the same, but there will be some extra work should you swap it.

Yeah, I thought about that before I ordered it but decided it would just be all the lighting that would be different screw holes and decided that wouldn't be too bad. I have a playfield sickness anyways, stacks of them......1 sometimes 2 spares for nearly all my games.

#4461 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yeah, I thought about that before I ordered it but decided it would just be all the lighting that would be different screw holes and decided that wouldn't be too bad. I have a playfield sickness anyways, stacks of them......1 sometimes 2 spares for nearly all my games.

I share the same sickness. It’s brutal!

#4462 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Yeah Mirco seems to have their colors spot on and no planking issue. Linc Smith (now Churchill/CGC same location) was always known for their planking on many games including Creature from the Blacklagoon. People avoided the LS playfeild as they mostly began planking. Same on Twilight Zone. How long did it take to get the extra playfeild after ordering? I have another friend that bought a spare playfeild. I bought a mirco for my cactus canyon and it is awesome. It just doesn’t sit right with me to buy a new playfeild for a game that is under warranty but maybe that is the only solution besides legal. I feel it is letting the manufacture off the hook on their warranty obligation. That said I would have zero worry on planking or colors on the replacement. All I can say is you stepped up to the plate and have zero worries now.

I hear ya on buying a new playfield for a new game, shouldn't have to. But I have a playfield sickness, I have stacks of them and I think at least 1 spare for every machine I own. Sometimes I like to sit there and just stare at a unpopulated playfield......so pretty my precious......lol

To carry my sickness even further I ordered a Mirco Monster Bash this morning, another beauty to stare at and hopefully a spare soon.........

I ordered the AFM playfield on Wednesday the 21st and it was delivered Monday the 26th, very fast direct from Micro. First time I bought one direct vs a US distributor.

Agree Micro's are nice. I put one in my STTNG, unfortunately it was my first playfield purchase and swap and there were a couple flaws I didn't spot with my inexperienced eyes, but not bad and super nice compared to the old one.

#4463 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely something just came partially unplugged when you were in the backbox. I'd just open it back up and check all the connections again carefully.

That was step one. I'm starting to think I've got a bad board.

I'll make sure to let everyone know how this works out.

I was in a very early batch of LEs, and 2000 plays in, I've had VERY few issues, mainly involving things vibrating loose in shipping and some minor setup issues. It's kind of depressing to see how upset people are getting, justifiably or not. I'm hoping this ends up being a (small) success story to add to the mix.

#4464 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

does it come with titan rubbers? what are you switching to? im by no means very good (just started playing in november) but i noticed the ball bouncing more than my other games off the flippers. i like the rubbers on my dialed in but i dont know enough about them to change everything yet. any guidance is appreciated.

I'm not sure what the style was that it came with, but several others in this thread have also said they felt way too bouncy and difficult to control the ball with. I switched from those to red Titans on my kickers and flippers and it's a world of difference in my opinion. Here's the kit to start with on Titan, then you can customize to only buy what you want and change the color as well:
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/433
I can't speak for all of the parts in the kit but the 2.5 inch and the flipper standard ones definitely fit the kickers/flippers.

#4465 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Who is the real pinballaddicted?! LOL

I love that! I think we are all pinballaddicted!

#4466 6 years ago

#4467 6 years ago

To me they both look great and there is no way I could tell they are different in a populated game without them sitting right next to each other. As for the nude vs orange, the populated playfield is not nude so I'm uncertain know why it's even referenced.

#4468 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Worst thread on pinside easily. I agree

#4469 6 years ago

Have to agree it’s pretty toxic in here at the moment.

#4470 6 years ago

And it will pass. AFM is such a fantastic machine. Everyone who comes to play loves it.

Be the change you wish to see. Let’s keep this thread positive. AFM rocks.

#4471 6 years ago

So much BS on this thread.
It used to be informative and constructive but now it is a drama thread..

SAD!

#4472 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

And it will pass. AFM is such a fantastic machine. Everyone who comes to play loves it.
Be the hange you wish to see. Let’s kee this thread positive. AFM rocks.

As per my post,.. in Australia AFMR 305 is going great,.. and being played and loved,.. little niggles for a physical machine as expected and sorted out,.. hope that helps get the positive vibe going

#4473 6 years ago

I agree AFMr is awesome! Can’t wait for what I hope is MBr next! I’ve been a bit of a negative Nancy a couple times but in general I love the remakes

#4474 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep those three mods are definitely going on the game. The Shaker today and the color dmd and cliffys as soon as I get them.

I had a Met Premium. In my opinion the one “must have” mod is the Snake Fangs. Without it the snake looks more like a turtle. Enjoy your new game!

#4475 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

AFMr is a great game - my personal favorite. I think you would really enjoy it.

#4476 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I had a Met Premium. In my opinion the one “must have” mod is the Snake Fangs. Without it the snake looks more like a turtle. Enjoy your new game!

Totally agree...buy an extra set (their cheap)....they break easily...tongue decal is cool as well (and cheap)

#4477 6 years ago

Martians are here, now the Aliens have landed. Both absolutely great games and totally different. Don’t forget for a second how lucky every one of us are to be having this discussion.

4B8FBE6F-FB5E-496B-8262-62B878A37410 (resized).jpeg4B8FBE6F-FB5E-496B-8262-62B878A37410 (resized).jpeg

#4478 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Martians are here, now the Aliens have landed. Both absolutely great games and totally different. Don’t forget for a second how lucky every one of us are to be having this discussion.

Ain't that the truth. Some people don't know where their next meal is coming from and we are bitching about our $8000 pinball machines. I'm not saying you don't have a right to be mad, but big picture we are all lucky.

#4479 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

The distributor in Australia knows where all are.

I can confirm more than 80 AFMR sold in Australia, how do I know, because I sold them

#4480 6 years ago

No blemishes on this play field .

Happy Friday everyone !!

#4481 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Happy Friday everyone !!

Even aliens bleach their assholes!

#4482 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Even aliens bleach their assholes!

I did not know that..

#4483 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I did not know that..

I didn't either until I looked closely at the pic you posted

#4484 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

That Alien Pinball looks amaing besides AFM

Also, I thank you for your message, that’s very Positive and true!
Regards

#4485 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Great collection. And totally agree; we are so very lucky, each and every one of us.

#4486 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I ordered the AFM playfield on Wednesday the 21st and it was delivered Monday the 26th, very fast direct from Micro. First time I bought one direct vs a US distributor.

I assume new holes would have to be drilled for the remake boards, as these pfs are designed for originals, am I right?

#4487 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I assume new holes would have to be drilled for the remake boards, as these pfs are designed for originals, am I right?

Only on the backside and only for the lamp and control PCBs. All the mechs are the same.

#4488 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Only on the backside and only for the lamp and control PCBs. All the mechs are the same.

I suppose easiest way is to trace the remake pf when everything is off, and then transfer that to new pf and drill?

#4489 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I suppose easiest way is to trace the remake pf when everything is off, and then transfer that to new pf and drill?

Basically, yes. It’s not dissimilar to if you did a swap with a CPR. Don’t trust the dimples, etc.

#4490 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I hear ya on buying a new playfield for a new game, shouldn't have to. But I have a playfield sickness, I have stacks of them and I think at least 1 spare for every machine I own. Sometimes I like to sit there and just stare at a unpopulated playfield......so pretty my precious......lol
To carry my sickness even further I ordered a Mirco Monster Bash this morning, another beauty to stare at and hopefully a spare soon.........
Agree Micro's are nice. I put one in my STTNG, unfortunately it was my first playfield purchase and swap and there were a couple flaws I didn't spot with my inexperienced eyes, but not bad and super nice compared to the old one.

Are you having Kruzman sand off the clear coat and apply his process? Guy did that here locally on his monster bash mirco and it is amazing.

#4491 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Are you having Kruzman sand off the clear coat and apply his process? Guy did that here locally on his monster bash mirco and it is amazing.

If that's the way, why not just have Mirco send un-cleared printed playfields. Seems like it would save work and yield better results.

#4492 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Happy Friday everyone !!

No planking or chipping there! That one I wish is nude instead of orange or green.

#4493 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's the way, why not just have Mirco send un-cleared printed playfields. Seems like it would save work and yield better results.

Yeah never thought of that and did not know they offered that; might be a brilliant idea. Also has anyone inquired if Mirco has the dimpling template for the AFMr or can make a template? Would make life easier for a quicker playfeild swap. The playfeild after Kruzman is spotless and clear is hard as nails.

#4494 6 years ago

Has anyone installed pinstadium lights on their AFMr?

#4495 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Has anyone installed pinstadium lights on their AFMr?

Picked them up yesterday and might install tomorrow. I’ll pm you pics if you want as I don’t want to deal with the pinstadium police.

#4496 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Picked them up yesterday and might install tomorrow. I’ll pm you pics if you want as I don’t want to deal with the pinstadium police.

Heck with the police as please post as I was thinking of doing of the same. What color? Color changing?

#4497 6 years ago

I installed them, they work really great. I added red to the tint to warm everything up since I replaced all the GI bulbs with cool. It makes for a nice contrast. Not doing a before as it always looks darker than it really is, and I don’t want to be called that guy haha. Anyways, highly recommended as I do play in the dark and it made a big difference!

920FCF60-E3DC-4A29-A7D4-957E21027317 (resized).jpeg920FCF60-E3DC-4A29-A7D4-957E21027317 (resized).jpeg

#4498 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I installed them, they work really great. I added red to the tint to warm everything up since I replaced all the GI bulbs with cool. It makes for a nice contrast. Not doing a before as it always looks darker than it really is, and I don’t want to be called that guy haha. Anyways, highly recommended as I do play in the dark and it made a big difference!

Wow that does look awesome. Guess I'm installing mine tonight now.

#4499 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Heck with the police as please post as I was thinking of doing of the same. What color? Color changing?

This is my 6th pair of them. I have them on all my games. Makes a huge difference and you wont need invisiglass anymore. I would do the uv glow as its pretty amazing especially on my dialed in and medieval madness. You can change the color of the lighting with the app.

#4500 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Man those look really nice. Did you buy the kit or make your own? Thanks for posting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.