pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 212.
#401 6 years ago
Quoted from Brady2Gronk:

Got my AFMrLE today. Got it all set up but it doesn't boot. It flashes the logo then reboots. Lights are on but no screen or ability to play. I put in ticket with CGC but seeing if anyone else has had similar problem here. Would really like to get playing. It's torture seeing it there and not able to play it.

Are all of the connectors seated on all of the boards?

#402 6 years ago

Im getting a lot of ball trough rejects that wont allow the ball to be served.
Im playing with the settings and have it at MAX.
MAX seems too strong and the ball looks like its bouncing off the lip of the apron.
The original setting was +1 and would fail to serve the ball 1 out of 5 times. Should I bend the tab like we did on the WOZ?
I havent taken the time to look at it yet, the game worked pretty much perfectly out of the box other than a few rejected serves.

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from Brady2Gronk:

Got my AFMrLE today. Got it all set up but it doesn't boot. It flashes the logo then reboots. Lights are on but no screen or ability to play. I put in ticket with CGC but seeing if anyone else has had similar problem here. Would really like to get playing. It's torture seeing it there and not able to play it.

Do they test play the game first before it leaves the factory to make sure it works fine or do the just pack it up and send it out assuming it is good to go?

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Do they test play the game first before it leaves the factory to make sure it works fine or do the just pack it up and send it out assuming it is good to go?

They have a pretty rigorous burn in process.

#405 6 years ago

Does anyone know if there will be a mod for the martian LED eyes like they have for the original? I really like that mod but don't know if it will work on the remakes. I going to get a LE and want that feature but I haven't heard anything about this for the remakes.

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im getting a lot of ball trough rejects that wont allow the ball to be served.
Im playing with the settings and have it at MAX.
MAX seems too strong and the ball looks like its bouncing off the lip of the apron.
The original setting was +1 and would fail to serve the ball 1 out of 5 times. Should I bend the tab like we did on the WOZ?

Try less power first. Then bend tab like on WOZ. http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

LTG : )

#407 6 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions. I had tried the software update before posting to no avail. But....In typical CGC fashion, I got an email response in less than one day and spoke with them on a Sat. They are fantastic!! He thought I needed a new board but suggested I remove the black board (can't recall name, like a Raspberry Pi) from the main board and reseat it. Bingo! That did the trick and now it's fully operational. I love this game and this company! Put me in line for their next one; hopefully MBr.

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try less power first. Then bend tab like on WOZ. http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Ill take a look at it tonight and report back.

Thanks Lloyd!

#409 6 years ago

175-ish plays here. Last night lower pop bumper would not respond with initial launch/skill shots, only direct "wacks" from other bumpers. Quickly fixed by adjusting the leaf switch gap, there was quite a large gap. Also adjusted flippers to more closely align with the lanes. Fun game!

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

adjusted flippers to more closely align with the lanes

I almost did that.
But the slight droop makes it easier for me to hit the martians and orbits, but near impossible to backhand the stroke of luck.
So Im on the fence about adjusting the flipper angle until I get a couple hundred more plays on it.

#411 6 years ago

Potential issue on my newly arrived AFMr LE upon first few plays tonite.

I am not seeing chase LEDs on the 6 mini saucers - the flashers all work fine. I played with glass off to see if the chase action was mode-based. I got deep into collecting the objectives, but no chasing LEDS. The large saucer works perfectly it seems.

Upon inspection under the playfield and in backbox, there were several connectors that appear to have been slightly dislodged/skewed, surely during transit. I reseated all the connectors I could see, but with no effect on the mini saucer LEDs.

I traced back the 3 wires from one of the mini-saucer LED PCBs back to a jumper PWB underside with six connections (J21 thru J26) - all six mini-saucers terminate here, but there are no additional connections at this PWB (i.e., no controller inputs). One of the mini saucers must be first in the chain, and the remainder attached in-common on this PWB. I did not make any attempts tonite to find the first-in-chain mini saucer to see if I could backtrack to its controller. I did not see J21 thru J26 in my first pass thru the schematics.

Any suggestions to chase this down?

[SOLVED]

The CGC System Menu > Display > Lighting > Mini Saucer = "OFF" I flipped the value to "INTERACTIVE" and all is good. yay!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

As noted above, the six mini saucers are indeed independently controlled.

#412 6 years ago

I would be doing the same thing you are doing. They should act as a light show in the default attract mode too.

I would grab a beer (or whatever you like) and trace every single one of those wires for the ships... They do act independently at times, meaning they should not all be in series...Any updates?

#413 6 years ago

Game 150 in the house, it plays perfectly...
This game is a home run, nice going CGC!

IMG_9483 (resized).JPGIMG_9483 (resized).JPG

IMG_9482 (resized).JPGIMG_9482 (resized).JPG

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Game 150 in the house, it plays perfectly...
This game is a home run, nice going CGC!

Completely agree!!!

#415 6 years ago

Having so much fun. Squeezing in a game between family time whenever I can. Seems my CGC firmware is 1.0 beta so I guess I should upgrade that?

IMG_3580 (resized).JPGIMG_3580 (resized).JPG

#416 6 years ago

I'm not a huge topper guy but I have to say that I'm really enjoying the pics with the topper and the different ambient colors it creates. Really nicely done. Can't wait to see mine in action.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Having so much fun. Squeezing in a game between family time whenever I can. Seems my CGC firmware is 1.0 beta so I guess I should upgrade that?

Yes. You get the current bits and control over the strobe and the diverter.

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Yes. You get the current bits and control over the strobe and the diverter.

Micro USB... I think the only one I have is in my camera with 500 family pics on it. Not sure how I am gonna pull off an update. Need to get a new one I guess?

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Seems my CGC firmware is 1.0

Did you hit "ENTER" and go into Williams stuff ? 1.0 is the last Williams update.

Or hold the "ESCAPE" button down for five seconds or more to get into the CGC menu ? First page has what version is in your game.

Just wanted to check to save updating if you didn't have to.

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Micro USB... I think the only one I have is in my camera with 500 family pics on it. Not sure how I am gonna pull off an update. Need to get a new one I guess?

Very inexpensive for an 8gb microSD card. I think I paid about $9 for it on Amazon.

Marc

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you hit "ENTER" and go into Williams stuff ? 1.0 is the last Williams update.
Or hold the "ESCAPE" button down for five seconds or more to get into the CGC menu ? First page has what version is in your game.

How about 1.13 code with all the fixes?

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How about 1.13 code with all the fixes?

Current on their website is 1.0.0.

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Current on their website is 1.0.0.
http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php

Sorry i meant the original afm 1.13 with all the fixes ?

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sorry i meant the original afm 1.13 with all the fixes ?

No way to put that in AFMR.

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No way to put that in AFMR.

O ok.... i was wondering.

#426 6 years ago

So bc its using the original 1.0 is it missing all these fixes from 1.1?

Version 1.1 Date: June 10, 1996 G11: Checksum: 4E11 Changes from revision 1.0: The Loop/Gate has been modified to kick balls out of the trough immediately, and to kick balls out of the shooter lane immediately. Completing the MARTIAN targets when they are available but when the Martian Attack feature cannot be enabled (i.e. when Rule The Universe is lit) now awards 1 Martian Bomb instead of nothing. The five way combo was being audited for every combo past the fifth (i.e. 6, 7, 8, ..., etc). This has been corrected. Fixed the Ball Save adjustment to enable turning off ball saves. Modified some display and lamp effects. 100 billion scores and higher now display properly in high score to date, status report, and attract mode. The maximum shot value during Total Annihilation was changed from 500 million to 250 million. Total bonus is now displayed in the status report. In version 1.0, if super jets was running and a loop shot was completed (i.e. all three lights solid), a shot to the loop would divert the ball to the jets. This is not a bug, rather, a feature. This behavior has been changed so that a ball shot to a completed loop will not be diverted to the jets (thus making the 5-way combo a bit easier to obtain). A "dirty pool" feature was added. If an attack wave is not running, and the motorized 3-bank is up, and the center trough switch (behind the drop target) is made, the player is credited with the next attack wave. This feature is awarded only once per player, per game. Stroke of Luck is now enabled via the bottom lanes even when it cannot be collected (i.e. during multiball). It still can't be collected during multiball, of course, but when multiball ends, Stroke of Luck will be lit if enabled in this way. If Super Jets was running when Rule the Universe was started, there was no way to start Rule the Universe again on the same ball (since super jets is a "until end of ball" feature). If this case is detected, the super jets light is now spotted.

#427 6 years ago

Also is it missing all these from 1.13?

Version 1.13: This beta ROM is a version of software released from Williams for testing purposes. It is "free play only". It will not take money to do pay-for-play.Version 1.13B: This is the same as 1.13, but allows for "coin play" (not free-play only).Changes since version 1.1:Addition: Some lamp effects have been added.Bug fix: "Light Extra Ball" random award was being counted in the "Random EB Lit" audit twice. This has been fixed.Bug fix: Coin door open display message no longer interferes with bonus.Bug fix: When the timed super jackpot in the main multiball mode was running when Rule The Universe mode was started, the super jackpot was being forgotten, which resulted in no super jackpot being lit during the Rule the Universe mode. This has now been fixed.Change: A larger 8mb ROM chip is now required for this software version.Change: The video mode extra ball is now no longer being percentaged. If extra ball(s) are available, it should now always come out on, or about, the 30th saucer during the mode.Change: Ball search has been sped up.Change: Firing strength of the jet bumpers has been decreased, which will help preserve the condition and lifespan of the red pop bumper skirts (often damaged on this game

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

This beta ROM is a version of software released from Williams for testing purposes.

Not an official Williams release for all games.

So their license agreements probably limited them to 1.0

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not an official Williams release for all games.
So their license agreements probably limited them to 1.0

O wow thats not good.... lots missing especially from 1.1. . .... but a fair amount of changes between the 2 missing updates. Big ones are dirty pool and lighting effects but all very important imo.

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yeah I held he escape it is the CGC code showing 1.0.0 beta

#431 6 years ago

And maybe lots not working. There must have been a reason Williams never released it beyond beta testing.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And maybe lots not working. There must have been a reason Williams never released it beyond beta testing.

Never heard any complaints on 1.13 and mine plays perfect. Cant believe dirty pool isnt even in there. Plus its lots of bug fixes missing. O well another reason to keep what i have i guess. Im guessing its the same thing with mm also and all remakes from here on out .

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Never heard any complaints on 1.13 and mine plays perfect. Cant believe dirty pool isnt even in there. Plus its lots of bug fixes missing. O well another reason to keep what i have i guess. Im guessing its the same thing with mm also and all remakes from here on out .

Sad to hear they can't release it.
Love to hear the Dirty Pool quote even if it is hard to get.
I do hate it when simple things can't happen for stupid reasons.

#434 6 years ago

I'm sorry, I did make a mistake.

AFMR has 1.1 for the Williams software, not 1.0

I confused it with MMR.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I confused it with MMR.

Awesome ... that makes a huge difference.....

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I confused it with MMR.

Thanks for the clarification.

#437 6 years ago

Number 167 in the house! 200 plays on it and it's perfect/ this easily appears to be the highest quality NIB pin I've ever owned!
Looks like CGC has wine me over. I'm buying every pin they release from here on out!

IMG_1367 (resized).JPGIMG_1367 (resized).JPG

IMG_4487 (resized).JPGIMG_4487 (resized).JPG

IMG_4530 (resized).JPGIMG_4530 (resized).JPG

#438 6 years ago

For you guys that have contacted CGC for replacement plastics on the slings, are the replacement ones they sent you issue free? I noticed mine has those as well, though not as bad as some that were posted here.

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For you guys that have contacted CGC for replacement plastics on the slings, are the replacement ones they sent you issue free? I noticed mine has those as well, though not as bad as some that were posted here.

Please add that to your ticket on the CGC Support Help Desk.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yes

#441 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Mine have been slowly getting worse as well, I'm going to have to open a ticket on them.

I ran into my first failure today, Left popper GI out

IMG_2263 (resized).JPGIMG_2263 (resized).JPG

I'm just glad it wasn't the one under the right ramp! Turned out to be an easy fix, took off the pop bumper cover and found this ...

IMG_2265 (resized).JPGIMG_2265 (resized).JPG

#442 6 years ago

Sounds like plastic protectors will me a must....are these the same as original AFM? Best source?

#443 6 years ago

Love this game, Need club advice...
I already have MMR, IM and Met.
Can help but notice some of you do too!
The game room won't fit much more cap'n ..did you consider AFMr too similar or just go for it?

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Ill take a look at it tonight and report back.
Thanks Lloyd!

I bent the side tab out about 1/8" now it works perfectly very time on the default as well as the +1 setting.
On close inspection the ball was getting "squeezed" before getting to the shooter lane and falling back into the trough.

Bending the tab worked really good just like on the WOZ!

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sounds like plastic protectors will me a must....are these the same as original AFM? Best source?

Dont believe plastic protectors will help this issue as it looks to be a printing issue with the plastics.

#446 6 years ago

Because I love my MMR so much, I had to get an AFMR too, just put my deposit down for an LE. Chicago gaming is doing an awesome job with these machines. They feel so great, sturdy great construction.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Love this game, Need club advice...
I already have MMR, IM and Met.
Can help but notice some of you do too!
The game room won't fit much more cap'n ..did you consider AFMr too similar or just go for it?

Had all them as well and then some .... sold im and just sold mb as well. They all do play similar especially met, mm , and afm but i have many other different pins to keep things changed up. Not sure id want to have mm, afm, met and im all in one collection tho bc they play fairly similar imo.

#448 6 years ago

Man I really want one. Why must this hobby be so expensive?

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from Beerpressure:

Why must this hobby be so expensive?

The man is keeping you down.

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from Beerpressure:

Man I really want one. Why must this hobby be so expensive?

Plenty of pins for everyone....... im not a wealthy person at all but i have accumulated a nice collection over the years. Ive bought .... fixed up and sold alot of pins to get what i want.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 210.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.