pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 212.
#4351 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Never really think to keep time....maybe 20ish minutes? I chained Martian Attack into Total Annihilation three times and I think that really caused my score to jump. I was also able to keep my ball going for a while after RTU and I got a decent amount of victory laps. WC94 used to have my favorite moment in pinball (beating Germany in the finals) but man nothing comes close to the feeling of RTU!

Crap! You just knocked my score down one!

#4352 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

AMEN! Thank you

No, no problem is not solved and it is a myth they are solving them. Posting was repetitive so I stopped as the this thread is to discuss AFMr in general not problems solely. Stating the same thing time after time never helps. I get tired of so many trolls trying to silence legitimate issues that are clearly distributors or have a vested interest. Gets old after awhile. I am just a pinball player and enthusiast that had a less than ideal experience. CSG is delaying by pushing under the rug and focusing on the March pinball festival in Texas. Maybe a new release. 5 year warranty though but nothing in writing but still have open ticket that mentions it! Warranty however clearly states "No one is authorized to make modifications to this limited warranty" as legal counsel pointed out today.

Please PM me as currently exploring a class action lawsuit being filed in Federal Court looking for others.

7412AB11-2C8C-4BD9-9BB9-AE97B0021D08 (resized).jpeg7412AB11-2C8C-4BD9-9BB9-AE97B0021D08 (resized).jpeg

#4353 6 years ago

Are you the one with the bad shooter lane...please remind me....

#4354 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Are you the one with the bad shooter lane...please remind me....

No planking issues and color. Guys the guy with shooter lane did post better pictures that explained more. Issue is the same if color, planking, clear coat issues or putty as it is poor quality control and not honoring warranty on major issues. Stern sent out populated playfeilds other manufactures have given another playfeild for these type of issues.

#4355 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

No planking issues and color. Guys the guy with shooter lane did post better pictures that explained more.

Thanks....mine doesn't seem to have those issues....good luck....hope u get a resolution to your satisfaction...

#4356 6 years ago

I'm really excited to order an AFMr SE, but at the same time I'm worried about the color and planking issues. I'll get cliffy's so not too worried about the chipping. Finding a used one in my area takes way more patience then I have. I feel like I'm rolling the dice by ordering NIB. Odds are I won't crap out, but I don't really want to put $7200 on the Pass Line (craps reference for those who don't gamble).

#4357 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

I'm really excited to order an AFMr SE, but at the same time I'm worried about the color and planking issues. I'll get cliffy's so not too worried about the chipping. Finding a used one in my area takes way more patience then I have. I feel like I'm rolling the dice by ordering NIB. Odds are I won't crap out, but I don't really want to put $7200 on the Pass Line (craps reference for those who don't gamble).

Buy from a dealer you trust (I’d recommend Game Exchange of Colorado) and you’ll have nothing to worry about.

#4358 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

You have nothing to worry about. The issues are claimed by a few Pinsiders only. With respect, the photos could be from any AFM and not necessarily from an AFMr.

#4359 6 years ago

I echo the same sentiment. I worried too but ordered and received a perfect LE machine from Planetary Pinball. Doug even personally put the Pic 2.0 in it before it shipped. I would guess that the pins are getting further scrutiny before leaving CGC given the forum posts here. It’s a great game !

#4360 6 years ago

Obligated to post this 35-40 min game extra difficult settings.

IMG_5554 (resized).PNGIMG_5554 (resized).PNG

#4361 6 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

I'm really excited to order an AFMr SE, but at the same time I'm worried about the color and planking issues.

I wouldn't worry to much about the color issues, this was likely an isolated problem that effected a small number of boards; however, I will be greatly concerned if the leadership team at Churchill Cabinet Co. (aka Chicago Gaming Co. (CGC)) doesn't make this right and honor their warranty for the folks that have been adversely effected by this problem as it tells me they don't care about their customers needs to receive a product free of defects.

Additional thoughts...handmade items are NOT mass produced; legally there is no way that CGC can use the term "hand made" or "artistic differences" for these pinball playfields as they are not hand painted, they are mechanically produced using silk screens and a pre-defined color pallet, the people making these are not artists, they are assembly line workers.

#4362 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I was always curious how you guys that play this good can enjoy pinball. I would think that you would get bored of most games in very short time. After seven months I'm still working on destroying Mars. This game and TWD just kicks the dick off me 98% of the time. Its that 2% rush that keeps me sucked it.

#4363 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You have nothing to worry about. The issues are claimed by a few Pinsiders only. With respect, the photos could be from any AFM and not necessarily from an AFMr.

My ticket number is 1999. Lol you talk about people posting to much you need to stop as you know that is completely false. I have a AFMr LE and most posting are either LE’s or SE’s. I bought matching numbers as my MMr LE which I was the original owner. I have 27 games how many do you have? It is strange your profile is hidden on those facts and you are following CGC Doug.

#4364 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I wouldn't worry to much about the color issues, this was likely an isolated problem that effected a small number of boards; however, I will be greatly concerned if the leadership team at Churchill Cabinet Co. (aka Chicago Gaming Co. (CGC)) doesn't make this right and honor their warranty for the folks that have been adversely effected by this problem as it tells me they don't care about their customers needs to receive a product free of defects.
Additional thoughts...handmade items are NOT mass produced; legally there is no way that CGC can use the term "hand made" or "artistic differences" for these pinball playfields as they are not hand painted, they are mechanically produced using silk screens and a pre-defined color pallet, the people making these are not artists, they are assembly line workers.

Well said. Very appropriate post.

#4365 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

My ticket number is 1999. Lol you talk about people posting to much you need to stop as you know that is completely false that it is AFMr LE and most are either LE’s or SE’s. I bought matching numbers as my MMr LE which I was the original owner and number.

My post was not about you. I wish you all the best and hope you gain a resolution in the near future.

#4366 6 years ago

You have no idea if thats true or not? Just out of curiosity do you even own this game? The reality is buying any NIB pinball game comes with a level of risk. The manufacturers are already reaping the rewards since they rarely offer any service, which is where the big costs are. They all rely on end users doing all the work so when a big issue comes up they need to step up to the plate. If I was a customer who unfortunately had major play field issue, and the manufacturer blew me off I would be irritated as well. If the customers in question (and I'm not one of them) don't come to some mutual resolution then I hope they sue their ass as its total BS.

#4367 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

I have 27 games how many do you have?

What if he had 28? Would that have made is opinion more or less worthy then if he only had 5?

#4368 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Where do you have the outlane posts set If open 100%, I'm impressed...

snaroff

#4369 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

What if he had 28? Would that have made is opinion more or less worthy then if he only had 5?

Nope not at all but why hide the games one owns. He is claiming others don’t own games or know what they are talking about. All I am stating is I have experience like many of you and not new to this rodeo. I have never had this experience with a manufacture.

#4370 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think the point is more games purchased/owned, the more experience with what to expect from the game, distributors, manufacturers. Speaking for myself, when I was new at pinball ownership 15 years ago, I was fairly clueless. Get upset at stupid stuff. Today, I realize if you are serious about pinball you realize it's a hobby and you need to get your hands dirty (even for NIB pins). I know this upsets some folks, but it's true. Pinball isn't a consumer product. It's more like a piano that needs tuning and care...

snaroff

#4371 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You have no idea if thats true or not? Just out of curiosity do you even own this game? The reality is buying any NIB pinball game comes with a level of risk. The manufacturers are already reaping the rewards since they rarely offer any service, which is where the big costs are. They all rely on end users doing all the work so when a big issue comes up they need to step up to the plate. If I was a customer who unfortunately had major play field issue, and the manufacturer blew me off I would be irritated as well. If the customers in question (and I'm not one of them) don't come to some mutual resolution then I hope they sue their ass as its total BS.

Exactly how feel. I would been happy if CGC asked for additional pictures to better understand the issue. You are limited on the upload amount of pictures by size limits. I just get a silver tongue. I am supporter of all pinball manufactures. That said if I buy a new truck and it leaks oil. I expect for it to be fixed. I know there are always issues when building products but you make the issues right not stating “artistic character” and “hand made on a natural product.”

I am done defending myself and posting for awhile as being repeative. What is the high score for the day? I haven’t played yet as been playing Champion Pub and STTNG tonight.

#4372 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think the point is more games purchased/owned, the more experience with what to expect from the game, distributors, manufacturers

Fair enough, but I know there are guys that only keep a few games, but buy and sell every game that comes out. So its not a one-size-fits-all metric. Just saying.

#4373 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Fair enough, but I know there are guys that only keep a few games, but buy and sell every game that comes out. So its not a one-size-fits-all metric. Just saying.

No I understand your point but if you buy and sell you might own two games but 8 would’ve in your history. Shows experience as was the point. Having nothing there is suspect and following Doug at CGC. All posts are “cheerleader” posts.

05590679-E8B6-4EB4-ACCA-E07A215D94E3 (resized).png05590679-E8B6-4EB4-ACCA-E07A215D94E3 (resized).png

#4374 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes I own a AFMrLE. Do you own one? This is an owners thread so I hope you do, if not and out of respect to owners take your comments elsewhere.

We are a NIB buyer and have bought plenty over the last 7 years. We have had every issue from small to large (playfield replacement) and every manufacturer has resolved all our issues, including CGC. You guys are just creating BS for no reason.

And yes, I question all the photos put up on this thread. How do we know they are genuine?

#4375 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

No I understand your point but if you buy and sell you might own two games but 8 would’ve in your history. Shows experience as was the point. Having nothing there is suspect and following Doug at CGC. All posts are “cheerleader” posts.

I do follow Doug at CGC. The guys there have been fantastic to us and we love their product. If you want to see our games all you have to do is ask.

#4376 6 years ago

Yes I own a AFMrLE. Do you own one? This is an owners thread so I hope you do, if not and out of respect to owners take your comments elsewhere.
We are a NIB buyer and have bought plenty over the last 7 years. We have had every issue from small to large (playfield replacement) and every manufacturer has resolved all our issues, including CGC. You guys are just creating BS for no reason.
And yes, I question all the photos put up on this thread. How do we know they are genuine?

Yes I do own a AFM LE as posted many times. “We” (you referring to actual owners) aren’t creating BS. There would be no BS if issues resolved quickly as “we” all hoped would happen. You are the one that keeps talking about it as I tried to change topics many times. I don’t want to beat a “dead horse.” (You can tell the difference on the pictures by the leds on the originals) If you got a new playfeild swap why can’t we?

#4377 6 years ago

I own a Mmr and AFMR Le and have zero issues with my playfields/chipping/planking, maybe I'm lucky. I have had a few switch issues and Lloyd and CGC helped me thru them promptly. I can't wait to buy more remakes, is also add Stern had been pretty standup with me as well.

#4378 6 years ago

I do follow Doug at CGC. The guys there have been fantastic to us and we love their product. If you want to see our games all you have to do is ask.

I’d like to see your AFMr LE numbered plaque with a piece of paper with pinballaddicted written on it....that oughta do....

#4379 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Yes I do own a AFM LE as posted many times. “We” (you referring to actual owners) aren’t creating BS. There would be no BS if issues resolved quickly as “we” all hoped would happen quickly. You are the one that keeps talking about it as I tried to change topics many times. I don’t want to beat a “dead horse.” (You can tell the difference on the pictures by the leds) If you got a new playfeild swap why can’t we?

I have no issue with you. I have said this many times, I hope you get a resolution soon. CGC did not give us a playfield replacement. Stern did. We had a blown solenoid board and the issue was dealt with straight away. What I do have an issue with is people that do not own a AFMr posting BS on an owners thread.

#4380 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’d like to see your AFMr LE numbered plaque with a piece of paper with pinballaddicted written on it....that oughta do....

Now lets do the same with all these supposed issues.

20180301_122456 (1) (resized).jpg20180301_122456 (1) (resized).jpg

#4381 6 years ago

I have no issue with you. I have said this many times, I hope you get a resolution soon. CGC did not give us a playfield replacement. Stern did. We had a blown solenoid board and the issue was dealt with straight away. What I do have an issue with is people that do not own a AFMr posting BS on an owners thread.

If you go back the ones you are accusing have posted pictures of their games either NIB or after adding mods and sharing with all. I wish I could get a populated playfeild swap but it is “not” going to happen from CGC. We are all realizing that. I have had friends sell their AFMr at loses and just moved on. New buyers of NIB games are then walking right into the storm if they don’t check prior to taking ownership.

#4382 6 years ago

Nice! You do own one....

#4383 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

If you go back the ones you are accusing have posted pictures of their games either NIB or after adding mods and sharing with all. I wish I could get a populated playfeild swap but it is “not” going to happen from CGC. We are all realizing that. I have had friends sell their AFMr at loses and just moved on. New buyers of NIB games are then walking right into the storm if they don’t check prior to taking ownership.

I wish you well. Good luck!

#4384 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Nice! You do own one....

We love it! And, we live in Australia.

#4385 6 years ago

It’s a fun game for sure! I picked up a super nice Micro playfield that if need be I’ll swap into mine some day but so far so good.

#4386 6 years ago

Need some assistance with the topper. Wire reading inputs coming from the topper has one of the 4 holes with a piece of plastic in it and the input on the board has 4 prongs...thoughts?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4387 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It’s a fun game for sure! I picked up a super nice Micro playfield that if need be I’ll swap into mine some day but so far so good.

Hopefully you will not have to do that. Ours is pretty good. We had most of the issues owners are talking about, air balls, shooter not shooting straight, pop bumpers not adjusted properly. It is a pinball machine and needs massaging to make it play how you like it!

#4388 6 years ago

After reading ALL the comments in this thread, that took a few days!! I still decided to buy an LE. It will be delivered on Friday and I will update all with any concerns. My reasons for buying.... First, my wife played the game several times last weekend and absolutely loved it, that it very rare, lol. Second, I feel these issues are random and while I honestly do feel for the ones effected, there seems to be a lot of people with nothing but praise. Third, I have a GREAT distributor, who I trust will take care of any issues that do arise. Lastly, like Ghostbusters, there were upset buyers, again I truly feel for those involved. My Ghostbusters is perfect and I'm loving it to death. ( Just added a few mods, shaker, etc )

Again, I truly hope you guys get your problems resolved, fingers crossed I don't get a shooter lane full of black or planking.

I should also add to my last point, I have an original WOZLE and have never had to replace any light boards, have zero chipping and while I did have a few issues, they were taken care of. I bought it with 14 plays and Ive owned it for 4+ years now.

#4389 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Need some assistance with the topper. Wire reading inputs coming from the topper has one of the 4 holes with a piece of plastic in it and the input on the board has 4 prongs...thoughts?

Mine was that way too, I was very careful. Doubled checked I had everything plugged into the correct places then clipped off the correct pin that was in the way. There are several document incidents of the same situation with the same fix. Second option it to remove that plastic plug but then you risk plugging it into the wrong place if you ever remove the topper.

#4390 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Cut off pin on the board or remove plug from the connector.

LTG : )

DSC00494 (resized).JPGDSC00494 (resized).JPG
DSC00495 (resized).JPGDSC00495 (resized).JPG
amfmrtopperboard2 (resized).jpgamfmrtopperboard2 (resized).jpg

#4391 6 years ago

I own them all .... my collection is public...your the one hiding stuff....u have no idea if its BS....

#4392 6 years ago

This is *clearly* photoshopped

Just kidding

#4393 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

This is *clearly* photoshopped

I don’t think so....I mean you can see his socks.......gotta be real

#4394 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Where do you have the outlane posts set If open 100%, I'm impressed...
snaroff

That was on location at Silverball in Jersey. I'd have to assume it was all stock.

#4395 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I own them all .... my collection is public...your the one hiding stuff....u have no idea if its BS....

That is awesome dude and I agree with you. Is there anything wrong with your game?

#4396 6 years ago

I had a few minor issues i.e. right green side armor had a chip in it, small ding in the bottom of the cabinet....CGC sent me a new rail, and told me there was nothing they could do about the cabinet....I let it go since it was somewhat minor, but supports what others are seeing....they are great at the small stuff, but will fight like hell to not do anything about major issues....mine wasn't major or else I would be fighting them....that being said my cabinet should not have shown up with a ding on the bottom...I installed Cliffy's everywhere day 1 since I'm always concerned about chipping...

#4397 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had a few minor issues i.e. right green side armor had a chip in it, small ding in the bottom of the cabinet....CGC sent me a new rail, and told me there was nothing they could do about the cabinet....I let it go since it was somewhat minor, but supports what others are seeing....they are great at the small stuff, but will fight like hell to not do anything about major issues....mine wasn't major or else I would be fighting them....that being said my cabinet should not have shown up with a ding on the bottom...I installed Cliffy's everywhere day 1 since I'm always concerned about chipping...

I truly don’t want to be argumentative, but you said your cabinet damage wasn’t major so you didn’t fight it. So how does that support the idea that they won’t fix major things?

They fixed my major issue. No problem.

#4398 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I am happy everything worked out for you. That is what I am talking about, most issues with CGC are sorted quickly. Major issue could take longer.

#4399 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

A ding underneath the cabinet....literally the bottom? That’s not an problem at all....who cares? Pic please if it’s something other than that......

#4400 6 years ago

Snap,.. that is at least 2 LE’s in Australia being loved and played!! Got hooked by the SE at Pincadia

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/88?hl=abagwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.