pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 212.
#4301 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

To the two main poster of “all the problems” (not calling you out by name, that’s bad form): CGC has fully addressed my major issue. Do you understand? My issue is resolved. I’m saying it. Done.
To the dude with the weird knot in your shooter lane: is your problem resolved? If you don’t reply, we will assume yes.
Why is it that the ONLY people harping on the “issues” are the people without them? Or not even owners of the game! Drop it. For real. I had real and serious issues JUST LIKE THE KNOT. They are resolved!!! 100%. CGC took care of me and it was simple and quick. Personal contact with excellent customer service. They like to keep stuff personal and not blab all over. It’s how they choose to do business.
If anyone still has actual unresolved problems, feel free to post. But this thread has completely been ruined by a few people who won’t drop this discussion despite a complete lack of evidence of unaddressed issues. Take it elsewhere.

AMEN! Thank you

#4302 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I couldn’t agree more. The poster who is the most vocal complainer on this Owner’s thread - 80 posts almost all negative - doesn’t even own an AFMr, he owns 38 Sterns as he admitted himself earlier in this thread.
Thank you for letting us know that CGC fully addressed your issues. Great to hear!

Yes. Doug was great. Classic personal touch.

And before either negative poster asks: I live in idaho and have no connection with CGC. Just hate to see any business being beaten up for no reason.

#4303 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

And before either negative poster asks: I live in idaho and have no connection with CGC. Just hate to see any business being beaten up for no reason.

There is a reason. It hurts others sales. Even if they only sold 50% of the LEs, thats 4 million bucks out of the current market cash.

Not including all the other models and MMR

#4304 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Doug is terrific. I talked to him extensively last year at TPF. We played a game of Dialed In together since JPP was located right next to CGC at the show. I asked Doug his opinion of Dialed In and he said it was great, even though he knew I was thinking of buying an AFMr and it was a competitor. That impressed me and I remembered it.

#4305 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Of course the black is the knot, but the scattered mess on top was ill-applied putty. It's pretty clear. Here, look again:

Do YOU want an AfMr LE with this shooter lane? How did it even get out of the factory?

Also...... here’s the weird shit with this pick. You mean to tell me that they screened they PF then added filler not only to the shooter but to the screening in the black ink line.

I think I call BS and the only way I would believe if someone came out and gave better pics of there intire game with these marks

#4306 6 years ago

Can someone tell me exactly what to do during rule the universe multiball? I’ve gotten there twice in two days and either the ending is very anticlimactic or I keep failing!

Please help, I need that title!

#4307 6 years ago

I was told by a buyer with a defective playfield that, according to his dealer, the stakes are a bit higher than just a couple of people complaining in a single thread on Pinside. There are other buyers who have not participated in this thread for fear that CGC will not rectify their problems.

I don't think CGC will be able to keep them all quiet until after TPF, but we will see.

Caveat Emptor

#4308 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can someone tell me exactly what to do during rule the universe multiball? I’ve gotten there twice in two days and either the ending is very anticlimactic or I keep failing!
Please help, I need that title!

After completing all 6 major objectives, shoot the SoL scoop to start Rule the Universe. When Rule the Universe becomes lit, Martian Attack and Stroke of Luck become unlit if they were previously lit. Rule the Universe is a 5-ball multiball with about a 30 second ball saver in which nearly all playfield features are lit. Total Annihilation runs, with the base value of each jackpot worth 100M. The saucer drop target scores 100M. The roaming Super Jackpot is lit and scores the same as it does during regular multiball, for an unlimited number of times. Martian Multiball is active at 50M per martian. The Annihilation Jackpot is lit at the lock ramp.

If you score 5 billion points, the playfield will go dark, the flippers will be disabled, and the round will end. You just ruled the universe! An extra 5 billion points is awarded, and your initials and the time of election will be displayed in attract mode later on. After a brief animation, a ball will be returned to the plunger lane and you can continue play. You can also go for one of the Skill Shots at this point, too. (The regular ballsaver is also active.)

Plus, for the rest of the ball after Ruling the Universe, you can collect Victory Laps by shooting any of the five combo shots. The Combo arrows will be solidly lit. Shooting any arrow unlights that arrow and awards a Victory Lap (complete with whooshing sound effect), initially worth 100M. Shooting the saucer drop target relights all five Victory Lap shots (if any are unlit) and increases the value of the shots by 10M each. The saucer target itself scores 100M per hit for the rest of the game. This is an excellent time to start a multiball, especially Total Annihilation.

The Victory Lap value can increase up to 500M. Maximizing Laps is the key to getting a really high score.

If you lose all balls before scoring 5 billion, then nothing else really happens and normal play resumes. This is very depressing.

After RTU multiball, the Conquer Mars lamp remains lit. The Super Jets lamp remains lit for the remainder of the current ball if Super Jets is still active. This allows you to Rule the Universe again on the same ball. With early ROMs, the Super Jets lamp was cleared after RTU which made this impossible, since Super Jets continued to be active on that ball, and couldn't be restarted until the next ball.

If a player rules the universe when he/she is already ruler, then the display will show "Re-Election #1", and so on until someone else rules the universe, during Attract Mode. (It can't know this until the end of a game, when you enter your initials, unless you happen to RTU twice in the same game, in which case it will display "Re-Election".

If multiple players Rule the Universe in the same game, then only the last player to Rule will get to enter initials. In no way does any scoring affect whether or not you become the new Ruler.

#4309 6 years ago

Also ..... in that pic WTF is that wear mark in the grey from

#4310 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I was told by a buyer with a defective playfield that, according to his dealer, the stakes are a bit higher than just a couple of people complaining in a single thread on Pinside. There are other buyers who have not participated in this thread for fear that CGC will not rectify their problems.
I don't think CGC will be able to keep them all quiet until after TPF, but we will see.
Caveat Emptor

What exactly is your agenda here. Go away. You don’t own this machine. Do you have an original AFM or maybe MB you are trying to drive up the value of???

#4311 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Caveat Emptor

Boo. Fake news. Caveat thread eject for not being an owner. This is an owners only club.

#4312 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

To the two main poster of “all the problems” (not calling you out by name, that’s bad form): CGC has fully addressed my major issue. Do you understand? My issue is resolved. I’m saying it. Done.
To the dude with the weird knot in your shooter lane: is your problem resolved? If you don’t reply, we will assume yes.
Why is it that the ONLY people harping on the “issues” are the people without them? Or not even owners of the game! Drop it. For real. I had real and serious issues JUST LIKE THE KNOT. They are resolved!!! 100%. CGC took care of me and it was simple and quick. Personal contact with excellent customer service. They like to keep stuff personal and not blab all over. It’s how they choose to do business.
If anyone still has actual unresolved problems, feel free to post. But this thread has completely been ruined by a few people who won’t drop this discussion despite a complete lack of evidence of unaddressed issues. Take it elsewhere.

Right there with ya mate. CGC has been awesome on every issue of mine. Talked to Doug a couple times and he made a point they want to do things right and not just rush a fix.

On one issue I was chosen as one of 5 testers to do the trial fix (which is good since I am a relative newbie for repairs). Doug asked I keep quiet until all 5 people are done as they want to make sure they got everyone's feedback and are putting out the correct/best fix. I gave detailed e-mail feedback from the repair goods/challenges down to the instruction's words and pictures. Doug called me on a Saturday - thanking for my input and took the time to go through my comments so he understood where I was coming from and to get further info. He even asked me to give the repair a 1-5 "wrench rating " for difficulty. This guy and all the team (LTG, Arturo, etc.) want to do the right thing. They just do it quietly with individual attention so they understand each issue. I even told him I felt kinda bad they are having to deal with some of these issues and he said "that's manufacturing - we'll make em right."

I am excited how much I have learned and now I don't get ainx when something happens - I know it will get thrashed out with CGC's help and I will learn something more about the game and I have learned testing & repair skills I can apply to my other games (I even tackle chit around the house more confidently now ).

In the past few years I feel CS in general (be it fast food joints, department stores, etc.) has really gone down hill. So now I spend my money where I can count on good CS, even if it may cost a few bucks more, as that comfort of support if something goes wrong is invaluable to me. CGC CS has been Aces - way beyond my expectations with my AFMrLE - and that will keep CGC as one I will consider for my next NIB machine purchase.

This should be a fun and informative thread - raising issues if they arise - but it should not be a repetitive bash fest - especially from those without a vested interest.

#4313 6 years ago

Nice to see Doug getting a little love. Well deserved.

#4314 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

What exactly is your agenda here. Go away. You don’t own this machine. Do you have an original AFM or maybe MB you are trying to drive up the value of???

I do not own an AFM or MB, only late model Sterns.

My agenda? I would just like to see CGC honor their warranty and repair the defective games of Pinsiders.

Shill on, CGC dealers and employees.

#4315 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

My agenda? I would just like to see CGC honor their warranty and repair the defective games of Pinsiders.

You aren’t an owner but you continually come on this thread and repeatedly bad mouth CGC. 82 posts now, all negative. Several owners, people who actually spent hard-earned money on the game unlike you, have politely asked you to stop. Instead you insult them by saying they must be shills, dealers, or employees of CGC since they praise the game and company. That’s not right. It violates the spirit of Pinside.

I would ask the Moderators to consider banning you from this thread. Rule #1 on Pinside is be nice. You’ve violated that repeatedly.

Quoted from Mike_J:

He's either on the payroll or has family that has a stake in the company.
In fairness, he's been like this going back to the diffuser garbage with MMR.
You only paid 8K for a product which is clearly defective, but Happy Flipping!

Quoted from Mike_J:

Are you a CGC dealer/reseller?

#4316 6 years ago

63E9B290-DB23-4F48-A7BB-3CFB1C7EF05B (resized).jpeg63E9B290-DB23-4F48-A7BB-3CFB1C7EF05B (resized).jpeg

#4317 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

You aren’t an owner but you continually come on this thread and repeatedly bad mouth CGC. 82 posts now, all negative. Several owners, people who actually spent hard-earned money on the game unlike you, have politely asked you to stop. Instead you insult them by saying they must be shrills, dealers, or employees of CGC since they praise the game and company. That’s not right. It violates the spirit of Pinside.
I would ask the Moderators to consider banning you from this thread. Rule #1 on Pinside is be nice. You’ve violated that repeatedly.

I second that vote. I don’t think it’s an inappropriate request at all. Clearly has an axe to grind an the is a fan club thread. Enough.

#4318 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

You aren’t an owner but you continually come on this thread and repeatedly bad mouth CGC. 82 posts now, all negative. Several owners, people who actually spent hard-earned money on the game unlike you, have politely asked you to stop. Instead you insult them by saying they must be shrills, dealers, or employees of CGC since they praise the game and company. That’s not right. It violates the spirit of Pinside.

And I would like for this also. A little respect for owners would be greatly appreciated.

#4319 6 years ago

Just set up LE 901 today. Haven't noticed anything yet out of the ordinary.

#4320 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Congrats! You’re gonna love it. Get ready to do battle. What trim color did you get?

#4321 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

You will love it, just like we love ours!

#4322 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

What part of “I’m not affiliated with cgc” do you not understand. Can we get a ban for name calling? I’m a dentist and love that you have nothing better to do than troll legit owners of a great game. Get out of here.

#4323 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Welcome to the club!

#4324 6 years ago

My boss got it in green and he seems to love it.

#4325 6 years ago

I love my green. Partly why the different playfield colors don’t bother me. I have one with kinda in between colors on my playfield (not a true replica of original colors but not the full “nude”). But I already have colors all over my machine (armor) that aren’t exact to the original.

#4326 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Thanks for the update pay.

#4327 6 years ago

Also fourthing (fifthing? sixthing?) the other posts, a non owner shouldn't be constantly posting the same negative stuff and accusing literally everyone that disagrees of being affiliated with CGC. If you are an owner with actual issues you can complain til you are blue in the face here, but you've got no business otherwise, pinball owners don't need white knights, especially since some of them already have a black knight! *rimshot*

#4328 6 years ago

I said it once and ill say it again........ I have owned three original AFMs , one of them being HUO which I sold for $$$$. AFMr plays identical to them hardware wise had the SAME problems and all games needed to be dialed in by me.

Anyone who says different is a does not know what the FK they are talking about.

I been doing pins for almost 20 years and quality is as good or better than than originals ( excluding the board set which time will tell but at least these beagle boards are cheap )

#4329 6 years ago

AFMR LE 305 is doing well in Brisbane and in constant use,.. had one issue that CGC and my distro sorted out in very quickly, no mucking about.... which I was impressed with and very appreciative of. For my money this is an excellent game, great build, and hours of exhausting fun. Hope the thread goes back to being focused on owning, enjoying and helping. Looking forward to seeing what "actually" gets revealed at TPF.

#4330 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

And I would like for this also. A little respect for owners would be greatly appreciated.

Another vote here to ban him from this thread

#4331 6 years ago

Only issue I'm having is sometimes the ball will come sizzling out of the lock shot and moonwalk to the outlane.
The flippers also bounce quite a bit on a dead pass.

#4332 6 years ago

I am an owner myself. I'd like to see more proof as some have requested. Nothing has come forward in the last couple of weeks. Just the same shit harping on a concern that no one can elaborate on, or show more pics of.

Is it possible that more proof hasn't come forth out of fear? Possibly. Then again, the cats already out of the bag if the pics depicted are from an AFMRLE, and do indeed represent a true defect.

I'll wait right here.

#4333 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

if the pics depicted are from an AFMRLE

The picks of the shooter knot might be from an AFM, but they aren't from an LE. There are no mirror blades in that picture. Just a black sidewall. So it is more like a $6K game than an $8K game and should be compared to Stern's quality if we are being fair.

I think it is totally acceptable for things like this to be on routed arcade games. They wouldn't stop anyone from putting their quarters in the machine and would not stop the machine from working. I doubt most people would even notice.

#4334 6 years ago
Quoted from t2000:

I would also think you would care about a transferable warranty - if quality issues persist it may become a little more difficult to sell the game you bought NIB. Pretty straight forward I would think.

Thanks for responding back, and I do understand what you are saying here, but any quality issue is going to be immediately identifiable and should be dealt with by the initial buyer. If CGC is not willing to correct the problem with the original owner who has the distributor on their side, there is no absolutely no way they are going to do it for the second owner...even with a transferable warranty.

As for the electronics side where a flaw may not be readily identified...defects in electronic manufacture normally results in failure within the first 30 days, and almost always within the first 90 days. If a board survives 90 days, it will probably last at least as long as the original warranty period.

Potential poor quality issues effecting the ability to sell the NIB game? I just can't see how a limited duration warranty which will have at the most < 1year on non electronic issues, is going to help here as its still going to be a poor quality item with or without a warranty.

#4335 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Also...... here’s the weird shit with this pick. You mean to tell me that they screened they PF then added filler not only to the shooter but to the screening in the black ink line.

I think I call BS and the only way I would believe if someone came out and gave better pics of there intire game with these marks

I think the "screening in the black ink line" you are referring to is where the camera flash off either the clear coat, or the SS ball guide is overexposing that area of the playfield and whiting out any detail.

...or they may have got filler on the metal ball guide as well and applied the fill after the game was fully assembled

#4336 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Cedar? No way, that’s a pretty soft wood. Ash, yes, they make baseball bats out of it. Something not right here.

Could it be Birch?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Image source...Churchill Cabinet Co., courtesy of Pinball News November 2016.

#4337 6 years ago

Quick question for you guys that have put Cliffys on. When installing the front SOL, there is a small tab that wedges under the pf where the standup target is. When replacing the target under the pf, the small tab from the Cliffy ends up between the target bracket and the pf. Not sure if that is why I can't get it to sit flush.

Also, notice the right standup target not. It's leaning to the right. I don't recall it being like that.

Any thoughts?

MVIMG_20180227_201702 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180227_201702 (resized).jpg

#4338 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Could it be Birch?

Image source...Churchill Cabinet Co., courtesy of Pinball News November 2016.

Lower quality, but at least it’s a hardwood. It’s not furniture grade, something you use in areas that are not seen. Very stable. Suppose it would be acceptable for a pinball cabinet, not a playfield so much.

#4339 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Lower quality, but at least it’s a hardwood. It’s not furniture grade, something you use in areas that are not seen. Very stable. Suppose it would be acceptable for a pinball cabinet, not a playfield so much.

I *think* birch is for the cabinets. For certain the floor; it was an advertised feature of MMR was that the floor was Baltic birch.

#4340 6 years ago

Baltic birch is relatively good stuff. I just got done machining $1000 worth of it into laboratory fixtures. It definitely has a good number of knots on the inner plies. They tended to be dark in color. There were also a few voids inside at the knots. I did find one sheet with a mistake in the ply direction on the inside. It is reasonably hard and very strong. Cabinets out of Baltic birch would be the cat's meow. Playfields might not be as good, but maybe OK if the wood is better off springy rather than really hard. It would need some testing to be sure. I think that the box the LE topper comes in might be made out of the same stuff. I will say that the quality of the CGC cabinet is way nicer than the JJP cabinet. Lots of visible voids on the JJP cabinet and likely softer material.

#4341 6 years ago

Returning for a second term in office!

IMG_1465 (resized).JPGIMG_1465 (resized).JPG

IMG_1464 (resized).JPGIMG_1464 (resized).JPG

IMG_1466 (resized).JPGIMG_1466 (resized).JPG

#4342 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question for you guys that have put Cliffys on. When installing the front SOL, there is a small tab that wedges under the pf where the standup target is. When replacing the target under the pf, the small tab from the Cliffy ends up between the target bracket and the pf. Not sure if that is why I can't get it to sit flush.
Also, notice the right standup target not. It's leaning to the right. I don't recall it being like that.
Any thoughts?

My LE in the upright position has always leaned a little to the right, when the target drops it sits flush. My Cliffy sits flush, and no impact on game play.

#4344 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Wow!!!

#4345 6 years ago

My right ship target stared to lean to the right a bit and I just pushed it to the left with a little bit of force, now it's straight again...not sure if that is the *correct* fix but it isn't tilted over now.

#4346 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

That’s an incredible score. How long was the game?!?!

#4347 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My LE in the upright position has always leaned a little to the right, when the target drops it sits flush. My Cliffy sits flush, and no impact on game play.

When you put the front SOL Cliffy in, did the small tab that holds the protector to the bottom of the pf sit between the mounting bracket for your standup target and the pf?

#4348 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That’s an incredible score. How long was the game?!?!

Never really think to keep time....maybe 20ish minutes? I chained Martian Attack into Total Annihilation three times and I think that really caused my score to jump. I was also able to keep my ball going for a while after RTU and I got a decent amount of victory laps. WC94 used to have my favorite moment in pinball (beating Germany in the finals) but man nothing comes close to the feeling of RTU!

#4349 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Never really think to keep time....maybe 20ish minutes? I chained Martian Attack into Total Annihilation three times and I think that really caused my score to jump. I was also able to keep my ball going for a while after RTU and I got a decent amount of victory laps. WC94 used to have my favorite moment in pinball (beating Germany in the finals) but man nothing comes close to the feeling of RTU!

I bow humbly; incredible score!

#4350 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When you put the front SOL Cliffy in, did the small tab that holds the protector to the bottom of the pf sit between the mounting bracket for your standup target and the pf?

Yes....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/87?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.