pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 212.
#4201 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I hope CGC can make these customers whole. I want to continue to support them.

I am with you. I hope the same thing.

#4202 6 years ago

What will be better to get, the MMr or MBrLE? Tough choice...

#4203 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I’m in the same position. Very tough decision. I’m leaning towards MBrLE though. Hopeful that will be the game revealed at TPF. Awesome theme, lots of toys, and great code by Lyman. So much fun to play and can’t wait to see the modern enhancements on it. Which way are you leaning? Can’t believe it’s almost TPF time again. The organizers do an amazing job with that show. Their hard work definitely pays off!

#4204 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I’m in the same position. Very tough decision. I’m leaning towards MBrLE though. Hopeful that will be the game revealed at TPF. Awesome theme, lots of toys, and great code by Lyman. So much fun to play and can’t wait to see the modern enhancements on it. Which way are you leaning? Can’t believe it’s almost TPF time again. The organizers do an amazing job with that show. Their hard word definitely pays off!

I don't know enough about MM or MB to make a decision yet I'm leaning towards the MBrLE to match my AFMrLE number. The MB looks cooler to me, but apparently, it's not as challenging as MM and gets repetitive but not sure. I missed out on the MMrLE but it was not that special and first batch issues I think, so I can always get a MMr used in the future.

I have a TNA coming so that will keep me busy until then.

#4205 6 years ago

Mm is v similar to afm so I wouldn’t

Mb better

Lots of people moaning I had a few teething issues but game fine now

Not sure a lot of these guys be happy if CGC came down and wiped their asses for them lol

#4206 6 years ago

I'm hoping they address the problems. I truly want to continue supporting them.

Let us know that you will stand behind your customers. That's all anyone here truly wants to see.

#4207 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

Mm is v similar to afm so I wouldn’t
Mb better
Lots of people moaning I had a few teething issues but game fine now
Not sure a lot of these guys be happy if CGC came down and wiped their asses for them lol

Cool, I noticed that MM was similar to AFM too... thanks for the heads-up! I think MBrLE will look awesome beside the AFMrLE with the topper and all, even if they have CCr, I think MBrLE will be a better match for AFMrLE...

#4208 6 years ago

I hope they offer trim in orange or purple for MBrLE, like they did with Martian Green for AFMrLE. I think that would look sweet.

#4209 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

CGC had best learn how to wipe their own ass first. They are creating quite a mess for themselves here.

LOL

#4210 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Not really, all respect to MB and any new bling to
match a remake, but still MMr.
But hey, All good either way.

#4211 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I hope they offer trim in orange or purple for MBrLE, like they did with Martian Green for AFMrLE. I think that would look sweet.

Looking forward to seeing it!! I would have room for only 3 so the AFMrLE, TNA and MBrLE.

#4212 6 years ago

Trying to install the Cliffy under the mothership, but the two post won't budge.

Any trick to get them out?

#4213 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Any trick to get them out?

Try unscrewing them up and out.

LTG : )

#4214 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try unscrewing them up and out.

Unscrewing how? They're rounded posts.

Nuts are removed from bottom, but they are tight to the pf.

#4215 6 years ago

Try chucking them a drill and slowly back them out. Do not hit them with a hammer now matter what you do (learn from my mistake)

#4216 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Remove rubber sleeve. Put a rag around it and vice grips.

#4217 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I've been turning this thing for 20 minutes and it's not budging.

From the top am I turning clockwise or counterclockwise? I assumed counter.

I've completely ripped up the bolt trying to get it out.

Help!!!

#4218 6 years ago

1A8DA41A-37D4-4A70-8126-48EDD28DE950.jpeg1A8DA41A-37D4-4A70-8126-48EDD28DE950.jpeg

696F4950-E891-47C8-8481-7928237129B4.jpeg696F4950-E891-47C8-8481-7928237129B4.jpeg

#4219 6 years ago

5D325014-866F-4776-87A7-3BDCD1836399.jpeg5D325014-866F-4776-87A7-3BDCD1836399.jpeg

578B7B3C-AA7B-48FD-A3AC-10BE48E1A3A6.jpeg578B7B3C-AA7B-48FD-A3AC-10BE48E1A3A6.jpeg

#4220 6 years ago

29A09A24-1D90-40C4-B2DC-B3518BFDA252.jpeg29A09A24-1D90-40C4-B2DC-B3518BFDA252.jpeg

1D6759D4-26E5-408C-918E-B2D9FA1B44E5.jpeg1D6759D4-26E5-408C-918E-B2D9FA1B44E5.jpeg

#4221 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Maybe CGC is taking care of these issues so well, they ask the person receiving the awesome resolution to please stay quiet so everyone else does not think they also are owed something equally awesome for every little imperfection. If it made them go quiet, it must be some AWESOME comp they got out of CGC. Maybe going quiet equals the issue being resolved really well? We should assume that unless they post an update.
Also, maybe that is what Doug meant by people should not post on pinside, they should open a ticket.
That's my guess.

zero chance ....

#4222 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Nuts are removed from bottom, but they are tight to the pf.

I had the same issue. I put a thin rag around the post and used vice grips....that allowed me to loosed it, but I still couldn't get it out. I ultimately had to tap lightly on the bolt with a hammer....

#4223 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had the same issue. I put a thin rag around the post and used vice grips....that allowed me to loosed it, but I still couldn't get it out. I ultimately had to tap lightly on the bolt with a hammer...from under the play field .

#4224 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

zero chance ....

Will Monday be the day we see confirmation from CGC or the affected buyers that a resolution has been reached?

Can a distributor provide an update?

#4225 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Will Monday be the day we see confirmation from CGC or the affected buyers that a resolution has been reached?
Can a distributor provide an update?

I hope so....be great that they see the light and do the right thing....

#4226 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from Damien:

I've been turning this thing for 20 minutes and it's not budging.
From the top am I turning clockwise or counterclockwise? I assumed counter.
I've completely ripped up the bolt trying to get it out.
Help!!!

Have you taken the nut or whatever under the playfield under the posts?? I could not budge and realized there was a nut or something under the playfield holding the post in I'm embarrassed but just in case you did the same, I'm posting it.

#4227 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Have you taken the nut or whatever under the playfield under the posts?? I could not budge and realized there was a nut or something under the playfield holding the post in I'm embarrassed but just in case you did the same, I'm posting it.

Yes, nut is off.

Bolts are budging. Pulling out the ol' hammer!

#4228 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes, nut is off.

I would not hammer it... but try twisting them back and forth a bit while pulling up a bit, it does not take much force, you'll notice them moving a bit each time you twist and pull... same thing happened to me.

#4229 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes, nut is off.

Thats what I had to do....

#4230 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes, nut is off.

You got the right nut off ?

Just asking.

#4231 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You got the right nut off ?
Just asking.

Haha yup.

#4232 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

AfM Martian detailing pics...

Veery nice. High five!

#4233 6 years ago

I noticed the mismatch and wanted to do something similar. Thanks for the inspiration and nice work!

#4234 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Your infinite wisdom comes to the rescue once again!

Tried with a rag, but was a little difficult to maneuver in that tight space. So got creative, and grabbed some hockey stick tape, Wrapped the top of the posts, got the vice grips, and with a little finessing, got them right out.

All Cliffys now installed, but seems the SOL once are ever so slightly raised. Are these supposed to be completely flush with the pf guys? I know some of the ones I've installed on my other games are up a little bit. Problem here is, I've had a couple of balls stop after bouncing around in the pop bumpers, and I have to nudge the machine a bit to get it to drop in the hole.

#4235 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Tried with a rag, but was a little difficult to maneuver in that tight space. So got creative, and grabbed some hockey stick tape, Wrapped the top of the posts, got the vice grips, and with a little finessing, got them right out.
All Cliffys now installed, but seems the SOL once are ever so slightly raised. Are these supposed to be completely flush with the pf guys? I know some of the ones I've installed on my other games are up a little bit. Problem here is, I've had a couple of balls stop after bouncing around in the pop bumpers, and I have to nudge the machine a bit to get it to drop in the hole.

They should be flat with the playfield. If they're raised half a millimeter or so, you pushed the posts down too much or over-tightened, which tweaks the metal and makes it rise a little.

#4236 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When putting these back in DO NOT tap down or overtighten or you will warp the Cliffy Damien.

#4237 6 years ago

It's a new week CGC.

Are you going to do the right thing by your customers with the defective playfields?

Is it safe to say you guys will be much more visible when you are ready to take deposits for MBR?

#4238 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It's a new week CGC.
Are you going to do the right thing by your customers with the defective playfields?
Is it safe to say you guys will be much more visible when you are ready to take deposits for MBR?

Did you call CGC and open a ticket, and if so, did they handle your case satisfactorily, or are you speaking on someone else' behalf? What is the playfield serial number you are speaking about?

#4239 6 years ago

It's been pretty quiet lately on the pf issues. I'd take that to suggest cgc is addressing issues in the own way. I'll be looking at an mbr at tpf.

#4240 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Did you call CGC and open a ticket, and if so, did they handle your case satisfactorily, or are you speaking on someone else' behalf? What is the playfield serial number you are speaking about?

I am posting on behalf of everyone in this thread who has posted with an issue.

Have these issues been rectified? Have the buyers been made whole in these instances?

I would love to buy an MBR, but CGC's track record for big ticket fixes under warranty is not great.

#4241 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It's been pretty quiet lately on the pf issues. I'd take that to suggest cgc is addressing issues in the own way. I'll be looking at an mbr at tpf.

I hope you're right.

I would love to see confirmation of this prior to the request of MBR deposits.

#4242 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Have these issues been rectified? Have the buyers been made whole in these instances?
I would love to buy an MBR, but CGC's track record for big ticket fixes under warranty is not great.

You're making so much noise and have no idea what you are talking about.

#4243 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Tell your friends at CGC I said hello.

#4244 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I think everyone just wants answers.....not sure that warrants telling someone they have no idea what their talking about....do you have the answers?

#4245 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Unless you have an actual issue yourself you should probably stop posting. You really have no idea if there is a big problem or if there are like 2 people with problems. If you have an issue you should open a ticket instead of posting over and over again about something that might not exist.

#4246 6 years ago

BitPatrol, any update from CGC on this?

Wacky, has OnwallSt been taken care of by CGC?

I own 38 machines and would love to add an MBR to the stable, but I would like to know if these AFMR issues will be rectified prior to committing.

Thanks for any insight in advance.

Quoted from Onwallst:

So here is the full version that was requested as it was a busy holiday weekend.
I put in my ticket on the CGC online system. I received an email and call promptly the next day, I returned the call the following day. The call was from “Doug” as he is referred to on this thread. He started the call off asking about where I live etc. His children live here and he went to College around here etc. Asked about my business’s etc. We then began the topic on the AFMr and the issues regarding the playfield. He said they would immediately send out the plastics and they use the same manufacture many others are using and not sure why they are having the issues. He said that the playfield manufacturing is mostly by hand. Only the routing is automated. It was stated they purchase their wood from a “secret source.” It is cedar and ash. I asked which the ball surface was. He stated that cedar was the playfield surface but said he may have that backwards. Since it is a handmade product no two are alike. I mentioned the color issues and was told that this was “artistic character” and was to be expected on a handmade product. They view this as completely acceptable. He said in their view they build the world’s finest pinball machines. They use a 13 layer screen process where Stern only uses a 5 layer process. Other playfield manufactures use a more automated process which they believe is inferior. I mention the wrong screen colors and again was told that is up to the “artist.” He said the inserts are also hand installed and also will be “unique” between play fields. I asked about the planking and he said it is not planking but was in the surface prior to screening from not being “a fully prepared surface” and that it would not get any worse. This is expected when you are dealing with a handmade natural product. I stated that it is getting worse. He disagreed. I also stated that I own many pinball machines and many of the recent pinball playfields were made in his shop and they aren’t doing this or look like that. I also stated my MMr LE does not look like this. I also stated I can’t find a AFMr in Colorado that is not doing this. Even the one at the local dealer looks like this. He stated that they have only received a few complaints and these artistic characteristics are to be expected and acceptable. He also stated that the Warranty is at CGC’s sole discretion and is only 12 months on the LE playfield which he was willing to extend to 5 years. (Medieval Madness 12 month’s electronic/6 months other, AFM CE, 6/3, AFM SE 12/6 and the AFM LE 24/12) He did agree to send me the diffusers that I could never get from my dealer on my MMR and that I could not get CGC to send directly to me in the past. At this point he went into pinside and the things people are posting on there. He said he has a few employees and friends on there. He said all these things are completely normal and people need to stop posting. At that point I told him I was a poster and had posted things on there. He said people need to understand we make the best pinball machines and this is not like manufactures issues. He said that I need to stop posting. I changed the subject and asked if they were going to send me an email in writing on what we chatted about. He said it will be in the ticket. At this point he brought up the posting again and began pressing that they do not want people posting issues. I finally had enough and politly said thank you for his time and I am looking forward to the parts.
After I hung up I felt like I was just bullied and smoothed talk to believe and accept what they are telling me. I immediately notified my dealer that I was uncomfortable with the solution.
Fact #1 The warranty is 100% discretionary by CGC and the customer has no recourse.
Fact#2 The CGC system is great for small items but large items are phone calls with no documentation. One can’t record a phone conversation with a person in Illinois or PPS in Nevada as you need all parties to consent to the recording. Many have recorded them but can’t publicly display them.
Fact#3 The product comes in a box. One can’t inspect a game until it is opened at that point one owns it and it is under the full discretion of CGC if they deem it is “defects in material or workmanship”
Fact#4 When I bought this game the sales sheet did not disclose that this was a handmade product and it would be different than pictured. It did not disclose that playfield chipping may occur, grainy lines and planking are acceptable, putty maybe in the shooter lane and colors will not match. When I buy a “remake” I assume it is going to look like the original that it was re manufactured from. This includes the correct playfield surface and colors. Chipping is not acceptable in my other games and should not be accepted here. If the above disclosure was made most of us would not purchase the product.
Fact#5 The sales sheet did not disclose that only the original purchaser is covered by the warranty and that "CGC, at its sole discretion, will be liable to repair or replace components which are returned to CGC during the warranty period. CGC will repair or replace any covered part at no charge, exclusive of shipping and handling charges or any labor to install the part. Unless instructed otherwise, all defective parts be properly packaged and returned to CGC freight prepaid…No one is authorized to make modifications to this limited warranty."
CGC or “Doug” will not fix these items immediately once someone opens a ticket as many believe. They do this only on small items. The customer is just talked to with a silver tongue. CGC is illustrating to consumers chipping, wrong colors, insert ghosting, planking, poorly prepped surfaces, and putty are all acceptable. They can increase the warranty 20 years if none of these issues are covered. Everyday for the next 4 ½ years I get to look at playfeild that looks like crap is the bottom line. If CGC is not going to Warranty their products on major issues then I will warn suspecting new buyers. We all are doing that. I wish mine looked like some of yours. I have had a few friends just sell their games and take the loss. It is the luck of the draw and you will never know what yours looks like until you open it. If new major issues emerge lots of luck.
I currently own 27 pinball machines which I believe are the top games and ones I enjoy. I also bought and sold around 75 games to find the games I like and ones that are in better shape with great mods. I am not a new person to pinball. I have bought games from every major manufacture and have never seen such a disregard for the customer. Don’t tell me you are the best but show me. No one would be posting on here if that was the case. I bought both the MMr LE and the AFMr LE from CGC with matching numbers. Few can claim that. I have talked to many other customers/friends that wont post on here that have moved on. I will receive hate emails and pm’s. Some of these are friends of the manufacture and others I assume are employees. If I too take the loss and move on, CGC is off the hook since it would be a second owner. Great way out. Only way to sell is huge discount as looks like crap. This is what they prefer one does. No more warranty liability for them. They are the only large manufacture that wont warranty the second owner during the original warranty period. CGC has a reason for that. No one posting has any personal agenda as we all have games only a few months old. I got lucky on GBLE but unlucky here. QC is not there. I want my game to look the way it should and the warranty to be the way it should. I am a pinball customer and I buy new games and share experiences with no agenda. This is a Buyer Alert!

#4247 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

BitPatrol, any update from CGC on this?
Wacky, has OnwallSt been taken care of by CGC?
I own 38 machines and would love to add an MBR to the stable, but I would like to know if these AFMR issues will be rectified prior to committing.
Thanks for any insight in advance.

Been radio silence, so maybe......shouldn’t the people with issues be the ones speaking up if they wish to? You aren’t the issue police are you?

#4248 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Been radio silence, so maybe......shouldn’t the people with issues be the ones speaking up if they wish to? You aren’t the issue police are you?

I would like to keep it at the forefront until we know it has been addressed.

CGC seems to have a big issue with any level of transparency which I don't believe to be a good thing. Consumer friendly companies do not typically operate so clandestinely.

#4249 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I would like to keep it at the forefront until we know it has been addressed.
CGC seems to have a big issue with any level of transparency which I don't believe to be a good thing. Consumer friendly companies do not typically operate so clandestinely.

CGC has the best track record on pinside for being transparent and communicating both the good news and the bad. Perhaps there isn’t an issue? Stop digging.

#4250 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

CGC has the best track record on pinside for being transparent and communicating both the good news and the bad. Perhaps there isn’t an issue? Stop digging.

Read this entire thread. Many issues exist.

Is CGC going to make good on them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.