pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 212.
#4151 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

About the shooter lane showing wear after 90 games. He showed a picture of his game at 90 games and then showed a picture of the mangled shooter lane and tried to make it sounds like that would happen to someone else's game after some wear, or the 2 were correlated somehow. I just called B.S. on that part for any potential buyers who were reading.
Once it was established that his story was not ringing true, the conversation moved to whether that playfield should have left CGC, and most if not all agree he needs a new palyfield, and if he does/did not, it would be a concern to many of us, not because the game would look like puke after some 90 games as that clearly did not happen, but because CGC has lowered the bar so low on what is acceptable as quality. Maybe CGC took care of him, and now there would be a total of zero issues not dealt with by CGC.

I really didn't focus on how many game plays he had since it really didn't matter (at least to me). That play field is an embarrassment to CGC...whether it happened after 90 games or 1000 games it shouldn't look like that....its really shocking CGC hasn't replaced that play field....frankly this greed, and bad business decision will cost them 1000's of dollars in the end.....I was lucky that my game was in decent shape although it showed up with cabinet and rail damage.

#4152 6 years ago

I just got no.926. colors, clear coat, and cab look great. the sound is awesome and play is fast, once and a while too fast as ball drains down right out lane or has hopped back to shooter lane from wire form at high speeds. I really love the color display and am looking at the plain amber ones on my SPP and TAF differently now.

#4153 6 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

I just got no.926. colors, clear coat, and cab look great. the sound is awesome and play is fast, once and a while too fast as ball drains down right out lane or has hopped back to shooter lane from wire form at high speeds. I really love the color display and am looking at the plain amber ones on my SPP and TAF differently now.

Welcome to the forum!

#4154 6 years ago

thanks, was checking out the forum before buying and wasn't a pinsider but loved the original so decided to get the LE and join in.

#4155 6 years ago

Awesome, I have 925

#4156 6 years ago

I have one of the very first standards that came out of CGC. The playfield is amazing and the game after tweaking in has been perfect. Not sure why some are having problems but all manufacturers experience issues with games.

#4157 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I have one of the very first standards that came out of CGC. The playfield is amazing and the game after tweaking in has been perfect. Not sure why some are having problems but all manufacturers experience issues with games.

Yep, it is always about the how the manufacturer handles those issues.

Thus far, CGC's response, or lack thereof, with the larger issues on AFMR is very poor.

#4158 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yep, it is always about the how the manufacturer handles those issues.
Thus far, CGC's response, or lack thereof, with the larger issues on AFMR is very poor.

Cant say........ they have always responded quickly in with any concerns Ive have on both my remakes and Doug even calls me personally after the fact to make sure everythings good. They have been 100% by me.

#4159 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Cant say........ they have always responded quickly in with any concerns Ive have on both my remakes and Doug even calls me personally after the fact to make sure everythings good. They have been 100% by me.

What type of issues have you experienced?

Based upon this thread, if any of the issues are substantial, CGC, Doug and Co. will either tell you it is normal or chalk it up to "artistic character."

It is surprising to me that CGC has still done nothing. I am really looking forward to an update from CGC and those buyers suffering from their quality control issues. Hopefully, Monday will bring some good news.

#4160 6 years ago

Chiming in to concur with the solid support received from CGC for my minor issues.

Just a few issues, all promptly resolved.

1. Crazed plastics. Replaced.
2. Topper right saucer flasher stuck "on". Solenoid board, then topper controller replaced.
3. Small chip on right edge of the SOL hole. No ticket on this one, normal pinball wear and tear in the current env, IMO. I placed a strip of mylar over the spot and have not thought about it until just now.
4. Gate Stuck Open message. LTG walked me thru possible troubleshooting ideas. In the end, I reflowed a sketchy solder joint on the coil and reset the connector. Issue is gone.
5. Proactively added a strip of mylar to the shooter lane opposite the trough. No issue, just my normal practice as I had seen wear there on my GoT.

No issues with ball launches, no adjustments needed. Playfield colors look just fine, orange not peach on mine, though I can honestly say I would not have noticed or cared if slightly mismatched from the original had it not been mentioned here.

I realize others may have larger issues, but think it is reasonable to establish a balanced view of CGCs support.

#4161 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I really didn't focus on how many game plays he had since it really didn't matter (at least to me). That play field is an embarrassment to CGC...whether it happened after 90 games or 1000 games it shouldn't look like that....its really shocking CGC hasn't replaced that play field....frankly this greed, and bad business decision will cost them 1000's of dollars in the end.....I was lucky that my game was in decent shape although it showed up with cabinet and rail damage.

uh, but again, the number of games played HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WAY THE SHOOTER LANE LOOKS.

#4162 6 years ago
Quoted from Pathfinder:

Just a quick reply to show the other side of the fence. My AFMrLe has 400+plays on it now and aside from a few dimples that I can only see with just the right light with my face down towards the playing field, no chipping and everything is perfect. I ordered a set of Cliffys when I bought it, although due to the backorder, I haven't put them on. To tell you the truth, even if I had them, I don't think I would install them. My game doesn't seem to have a problem. It is one of the last 100 LE produced, so maybe all the issues have been resolved by now...

Same here. #644

#4163 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I realize others may have larger issues, but think it is reasonable to establish a balanced view of CGCs support.

Your experience seems to confirm that CGC has your back on the small stuff, but will tell you to pound sand on the big stuff which will take real money from their pockets to rectify.

Hopefully, CGC pulls their head out of their rear end and makes this right for the buyers who have more substantial issues with their games.

#4164 6 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

Just make sure you have the 2.0 chip and turn down the flipper power in settings to fix that ball exiting ramp issue. Great game enjoy and welcome to the club!

#4165 6 years ago

How about we keep an official list and count of serial numbers ( playfield ) which have issues not resolved by CGC. The pinside community can 'have your back' if you don't get CGC to act. If someone has a place to post the list, add the link here.

List Playfield Serial Numbers with Open Issues:
---------------------------------------------------------------
1- Putty lane ( insert serial number here )

#4166 6 years ago

Why don't we just compile a list of members with issues, and we'll give CGC the opportunity to address the issues:

1) Damien - Chipping after less than 100 plays
2) Onwallst - Planking pf

Feel free to add...

#4167 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Why don't we just compile a list of members with issues, and we'll give CGC the opportunity to address the issues:
1) Damien - Chipping after less than 100 plays
2) Onwallst - Planking pf
Feel free to add...

Please add serial numbers.

#4168 6 years ago

And as a side note... I'm really hopeful that CGC will do right by customers with pf issues.

I have money burning a hole in my pocket for an MBr! Even recently passed on a gorgeous original.

#4169 6 years ago

I think we can read into the lack of posting about large problems. It appears that most have been taken care of and prefer not to talk about it.

I know my small to medium problems have been taken care of with great customer service.

#4170 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Just make sure you have the 2.0 chip and turn down the flipper power in settings to fix that ball exiting ramp issue. Great game enjoy and welcome to the club!

Thanks Newbie, I'll check that out. I read earlier in this thread that default was good, is that still the case? and is there a sticker or printing on board or the chip itself, or is that in a menu?

#4171 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I think we can read into the lack of posting about large problems. It appears that most have been taken care of and prefer not to talk about it.

Prefer not to, or were told not to by CGC as a condition of getting the replacement? Shutting up all of a sudden and not sharing the resolution isn't helping anyone.

#4172 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Prefer not to, or were told not to by CGC as a condition of getting the replacement? Shutting up all of a sudden and not sharing the resolution isn't helping anyone.

I agree. But I think that of the few big problems that have actually arisen, most have been addressed despite the hysteria. I could be wrong, though and don’t want to be flamed.

I just think it’s a shame if a newb came on this thread and was scared away from the opportunity of owning one of the greatest pinball machines of all time. I think most issues big and small have been addressed. If people were told not to say anything, and they comply, that implies to me that they are happy with the solution. Otherwise, get on here and tell it out!

#4173 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe CGC is taking care of these issues so well, they ask the person receiving the awesome resolution to please stay quiet so everyone else does not think they also are owed something equally awesome for every little imperfection. If it made them go quiet, it must be some AWESOME comp they got out of CGC. Maybe going quiet equals the issue being resolved really well? We should assume that unless they post an update.

Also, maybe that is what Doug meant by people should not post on pinside, they should open a ticket.

That's my guess.

#4174 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Maybe CGC is taking care of these issues so well, they ask the person receiving the awesome resolution to please stay quiet so everyone else does not think they also are owed something equally awesome for every little imperfection. If it made them go quiet, it must be some AWESOME comp they got out of CGC. Maybe going quiet equals the issue being resolved really well? We should assume that unless they post an update. That's my guess.

But for the really big problems like completely wrong screened nude color instead of orange, EVERYONE should be able to get a replacement - it's not a little imperfection, and it's plain as day. So remaining quiet about the scope of the problem or the resolution does not benefit anyone except CGC.

#4175 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Maybe CGC is taking care of these issues so well, they ask the person receiving the awesome resolution to please stay quiet so everyone else does not think they also are owed something equally awesome for every little imperfection. If it made them go quiet, it must be some AWESOME comp they got out of CGC. Maybe going quiet equals the issue being resolved really well? We should assume that unless they post an update. That's my guess.

You're a "Glass half FULL kind of guy" aren't you?

#4176 6 years ago

CGC replaced a play field due to crazing, but not planking or chipping? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Does anyone remember recently a LE listed for 7200 with an unpopulated play field? I messaged him and that's what he claimed; the play field was provided by them due to crazing.

#4177 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But for the really big problems like completely wrong screened nude color instead of orange, EVERYONE should be able to get a replacement - it's not a little imperfection, and it's plain as day. So remaining quiet about the scope of the problem or the resolution does not benefit anyone except CGC.

Add your playfield to the list if you have an issue, but how nude is too nude? It's hand mixed paint.

#4178 6 years ago

I can’t remember what crazing is relating to playfields. Help?

#4179 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Add your playfield to the list if you have an issue, but how nude is too nude? It's hand mixed paint.

The hand mixed paint excuse is just that, an excuse. PMS color has existed for DECADES and provides consistent results. The color matching computers at Lowes and Home Depot can provide very good results. If they're eyeballing the matching, they're morons. There are a wealth of computer controlled color-matching solutions, and they should be using one if they aren't already.

And even then, nude vs orange is PLAIN AS DAY. There's no ambiguity. I'd still like to see a nude playfield with the area by the flippers because I think they used the flesh tone from the woman twice and just forgot to change it on those playfields. If that's what happened, seeing that area would make it obvious.

AfMr-Screen-error-comparison (resized).jpgAfMr-Screen-error-comparison (resized).jpg

#4180 6 years ago

I don't think CGC has done anything to resolve any issues with pfs that have been posted here lately as they're busy ramping up for Texas.

As a business owner, it seems the sensible thing for them to do, would be to try putting out some of the fires here, so people feel motivated to buy game #3.

I personally am holding on to see what they do, and if they impress, I'll be putting in an order day one!

#4181 6 years ago

I have 8k burning a hole in my safe waiting for MBr LE

#4182 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I have 8k burning a hole in my safe waiting for MMr LE

I feel the same way in regards to MBr. Hopefully that will be the next remake revealed at TPF. But I’d like an MMr too haha. Only have room for 2 games though so tough choice.

#4183 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I feel the same way in regards to MBr. Hopefully that will be the next remake revealed at TPF. But I’d like an MMr too haha. Only have room for 2 games though so tough choice.

It was a typo. I have MMr LE and AFMr LE already. Eagerly awaiting MBr LE

#4184 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

It was a typo. I have MMr LE and AFMr LE already. Eagerly awaiting MBr LE

Perfect! I wish I had room for all 3. If MBr isn’t the next game I’ll get an MMr instead.

#4185 6 years ago

I am out of room. Tough choices are ahead of me and I am sure I will want #3. Such first world problems.

#4186 6 years ago

I would not be surprised if CGC is forced to take a bit of a haircut on #3 based upon how some of the AFMR buyers have been treated.

The word spreads quickly in such a small hobby.

#4187 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

uh, but again, the number of games played HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WAY THE SHOOTER LANE LOOKS.

Based on what I've seen it doesn't .... if CGC had proper QA/QC that would have never left the factory....total screw up on their part that they are taking zero ownership over....a business decision that I suspect they will regret....the fact that they chose to ignore is shocking....

#4188 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I would not be surprised if CGC is forced to take a bit of a haircut on #3 based upon how some of the AFMR buyers have been treated.

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha.

People tell the best jokes when they don't mean to.

They come here, see people saying "Ready for #3...take my $$$$$....gimme the next game...I'm ready!!!" and that is absolutely ZERO incentive to lower prices.

If anything, the price of MBr will be higher than AFMr.

#4189 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha.
People tell the best jokes when they don't mean to.
They come here, see people saying "Ready for #3...take my $$$$$....gimme the next game...I'm ready!!!" and that is absolutely ZERO incentive to lower prices.
If anything, the price of MBr will be higher than AFMr.

Theres no doubt they will most likely increase pricing, but I'd bet they've lost several potential sales....nobody wants to spend $8K+ and take the risk of buying a machine that the manufacturer doesn't warrant....if they don't change their tune theres no doubt they'll lose sales....

#4190 6 years ago

I’m sure what will come of all this is they will do better QC and not have as many problems to begin with. But unlikely this will reduce sales more than a few who read this thread.

#4191 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m sure what will come of all this is they will do better QC and not have as many problems to begin with. But unlikely this will reduce sales more than a few who read this thread.

I believe QC will remain the same.

The printing on the inserts of many MMR was faded. CGC gives you a plastic diffuser (and maybe a little Vaseline). Even with the diffuser, the print still looks terrible on those games.

The playfields on many AFMRs clearly have issues based upon photos/postings here on Pinside and CGC is essentially telling these buyers to pound sand. Those who purchased MMR prior are fortunate because they probably still have some Vaseline left over.

CGC will continue to do their best to sweep issues under the rug and request disgruntled customers to stop posting on Pinside while sending their employees and friends to post all is well with the world.

CGC's warranty will cover the small crap that doesn't cost them much money. However, if you have a big problem that will force CGC to spend a few bucks, it appears you can forget about it.

If you must have a CGC game, be smart and pay with a credit card so that you have some form of protection because CGC's warranty ain't gonna help and you, the buyer, will have no recourse. The people who post here and tell you everything is wonderful are not going to buy you a new playfield.

#4192 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Theres no doubt they will most likely increase pricing, but I'd bet they've lost several potential sales....nobody wants to spend $8K+ and take the risk of buying a machine that the manufacturer doesn't warrant....if they don't change their tune theres no doubt they'll lose sales....

They lost at least one here. I was really wanting a MMR but decided to go with MET Premium instead because im afraid to buy their games at the moment. If things get better i will consider one in the future if they keep making them and dont jack the price up any higher.

#4193 6 years ago

Still waiting to see a "list" with all these people with issues and what they are. I bought there 2 games in the standard edition and will be buying MB as soon as it comes out.

And im not talking about tunable things like the shooter lane or replacing plastics ..... real stuff that they are not handling

I have purchased about 25 NIB games and let me say they all have small issues. With patience and respect every game I had was taken care of except some slight PF crazing issues.

#4194 6 years ago

Played a collector quality AFM at a tournament last night. Owner has had 10+ years. No cliffies and all his holes look brand new. No chipping, no planking. Game looked so nice i thought it was a classiic remake. Something clearly went wrong with the last batch of afmr

#4195 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They lost at least one here. I was really wanting a MMR but decided to go with MET Premium instead because im afraid to buy their games at the moment. If things get better i will consider one in the future if they keep making them and dont jack the price up any higher.

I'm in your camp.....great decision by the way...MET Prem is an incredible game ......

#4196 6 years ago

*** Adding LED'd Mini-Saucers to Std or SE? ***

Hi.

Is it possible to retrofit the LED'd mini-saucers into your Standard or SE version of AFMr?

That feature is something that LE owners - or so I read - really appreciate.

When I study the table comparing the trim levels on CGC's website, the column under both Standard and SE, re: the mini-saucers, reads, "Not Included." Does this suggest that a person can order them and install them like a mod, or do the Standard and SE lack the code to cue them properly, etc.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

J

#4197 6 years ago

I was told by Doug that no promises, but looking into it down the road as a a mod for purchase from CGC.

#4198 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm in your camp.....great decision by the way...MET Prem is an incredible game ......

Thanks, im excited to get it and start playing it. For the record i dont think CGC is a bad company or that their games are crap by any means, i just felt like i should wait and see how people are being taken care of that have gotten bad playfields and MET is also i believe about to quit being made so i kind of wanted to get one before its too late because it really is a great game. I have only seen one of the remakes in person and its a MMR. It plays really nice and it has around 10k plays on it and it looks to still be in great shape from what i can see. It doesnt have any Cliffy’s on it either because its just a routed game and i guess the owner doesnt care about doing that like we would. It is a nice game though even after all of those plays and it still looks and feels like a new game.

#4199 6 years ago

Do the topper saucers on the AFMrLE have the red-green LEDs? I know that they don't light up green (at least mine doesn't), but they seem to have the same number/color wires as the palyfield saucers. Just curious if we will ever get new code to have them turn green when the ones on the playfield do...

#4200 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Something clearly went wrong with the last batch of afmr

Not sure how you can say this and what #'s you are using for description of latch batch. Many people including myself have a late number and recent delivery without any issues described. I think there are some known bad playfields whether screening issues or putty problems but I don't believe it's the norm or a "last bad batch". And I don't work for CGC or get paid by CGC to post here. The playfields in question should be resolved period. I will not order #3 as I would hate to be caught up in trying to resolve a major issue such as a defective playfield. If I want the next game produced, I'll wait on the secondary market so I can inspect the game. I hope CGC can make these customers whole. I want to continue to support them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 79.00
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/84?hl=airplanequartet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.