pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 212.
#3951 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Parts sent under warranty, cabinet issues, playfield issues, go through CGC. I have no say in it. So why get involved.

Voice of experience.

#3952 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

please go back to beating up CGC for no reason now

Weren't doin that in first place!

#3953 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well we've both purchased a fair number of games and I've avoided the 3.5% credit/insurance tax and you've never benefitted from it. I understand if it helps you sleep better, but I'm glad we aired the issue since you were advising folks to do something which ultimately results in added cost. No free lunch.
My $.02...the distributor cost/profit should be all the insurance we need when purchasing these high cost items! Let's face it, as previously stated, a very high percentage of transactions are without issue, so expecting the distributor to "do the right thing" is what we should expect as a community. I would imagine most distributors are making 5-10% on each transaction.
If we were all purchasing directly from the manufacturer, I would have more sympathy for your suggestion to use a credit card (even if it costs an extra 3.5%).
snaroff

It is not a free lunch, but it is a cheap lunch at only $227.50 on a $6,500 machine. I am sure all of the CGC customers who are currently taking it on the chin would pay it now.

I am not sure what a distributor can do if CGC is unwilling to bend here. What do you think?

#3954 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Weren't doin that in first place!

Yes, you most certainly are. Plenty of rumour and Story telling. Shows you how self destructive some people in the hobby really are. Such a shame that a handful of people can cause so much drama. Doing their best to remove the smile from people that have spend a vey large chunk of their savings on a pinball machine.

#3955 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It is not a free lunch, but it is a cheap lunch at only $227.50 on a $6,500 machine. I am sure all of the CGC customers who are currently taking it on the chin would pay it now.
I am not sure what a distributor can do if CGC is unwilling to bend here. What do you think?

Many distributors are also collectors that have been "around the block". If a distributor is convinced a PF has significant flaws, then they should apply sufficient pressure to have the manufacturer correct the situation (not specific to CGC).

The distributor should be an advocate for the buyer. As I said in a previous post, that's what happened when my AC/DC PF had flaws. From my perspective, a distributor driven resolution is more desirable than having the credit card company intervene. Why? I really loved the game and just wanted it to be "right". I really wasn't interested in merely getting my money back.

In my case, Stern "did the right thing" for me and many others. If Stern didn't do the right thing, I would have spoken with the distributor about potentially buying back my game and issuing me a credit on a future game.

Like it or not, CGC will be compared with Stern and JJP quality and service. That's only natural and completely valid. On paper, CGC's LE has the best warranty in the business.

snaroff

#3956 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Many distributors are also collectors that have been "around the block". If a distributor is convinced a PF has significant flaws, then they should apply sufficient pressure to have the manufacturer correct the situation (not specific to CGC).
The distributor should be an advocate for the buyer. As I said in a previous post, that's what happened when my AC/DC PF had flaws. From my perspective, a distributor driven resolution is more desirable than having the credit card company intervene. Why? I really loved the game and just wanted it to be "right". I really wasn't interested in merely getting my money back.
In my case, Stern "did the right thing" for me and many others. If Stern didn't do the right thing, I would have spoken with the distributor about potentially buying back my game and issuing me a credit on a future game.
Like it or not, CGC will be compared with Stern and JJP quality and service. That's only natural and completely valid. On paper, CGC's LE has the best warranty in the business.
snaroff

Well said. This is what I would be doing. Best option.

#3957 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

They should be compared to Stern, and JJP....the reality is they are attempting to punt on a pretty significant issue, and if they would have stepped up to the plate originally they wouldn't see this backlash. The good news is not everyone has these big problems, but simply punting on the issue is total and complete BS. At least Stern stepped up to the plate when they had play field issues (i.e. GB). It appears CGC is trying to figure out a way to punt on the whole issue, which if they do will bite them in the ass (IMHO). Like myself I am waiting to see how this plays out. If they do nothing then I won't buy their machines any longer.....life goes on

#3958 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

Hopefully, we hear from the distributors soon.

Do we know if the defective machines were purchased through a distributor or CGC?

#3959 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yes, you most certainly are. Plenty of rumour and Story telling. Shows you how self destructive some people in the hobby really are. Such a shame that a handful of people can cause so much drama. Doing their best to remove the smile from people that have spend a vey large chunk of their savings on a pinball machine.

That's fine you can take the opportunity to attack me in your attempt to distract what is going on here if that's what you need to justify your position. I see through it and so does everyone else here. Your attacks are petty and meaningless. I do not have to explain anything to you. I support everyone who just wants what they paid for.

#3960 6 years ago

24z4c5 (resized).jpg24z4c5 (resized).jpg

#3961 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

That's fine you can take the opportunity to attack me in your attempt to distract what is going on here if that's what you need to justify your position. I see through it and so does everyone else here. Your attacks are petty and meaningless. I do not have to explain anything to you. I support everyone who just wants what they paid for.

No. you are so wrong. Using the the word "everyone" is not true as I do not agree with you at all. There are plenty of us. You are trying your best to derail CGC. I happen to support and like the company. You will not share your story like many of other genuine Pinsiders that are happy to share their experience, me included. You are making an opportunity to cause issues. I am not attacking you at all. Just calling you out on your BS. Notice I am supportive of all other genuine Pinsiders.

#3962 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

can’t imagine the new clearcoats with the softer wood.

I really don't like to start drama and I know that some of the manufactures are dancing a fine line between appeasing shareholders and having happy customers but I have this one question at the back of my mind that I just have to ask...

Why is it that I can drive down the road and purchase a single full sheet (4' x 8' x 3/4") of finished plywood with a hardwood top top layer (oak, cherry, etc...) for under $100, yet the manufacturers that purchase this stuff by the truck load at vastly reduced prices cant use it to make a play field out of it?

#3963 6 years ago

Inserting a data point:

I wanted to chime in and say that our AFMr SE hit the floor on June 30th and has around 18,000 plays (We purchased from CoinTaker who we love). Between it and Addams Family make up two of the best earners. Since AFMr has been on the floor it has never been down. We've had to perform regular maintenance, flipper rebuilds, replace balls and rubbers etc.. but are extremely happy with the game.

#3964 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'd also be surprised if many pinball distributors even accepted a CC payment for 8K (considering costly transaction fees).

Actually MOST do, but they will also give you a decent discount for paying by check or wire.

#3965 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

He said that I need to stop posting.

Did you tell him to stop posting too? I mean when he's ready to take more money, seems he's always posting here.

#3966 6 years ago

No. you are so wrong. Using the the word "everyone" is not true as I do not agree with you at all. There are plenty of us. You are trying your best to derail CGC. I happen to support and like the company. You will not share your story like many of other genuine Pinsiders that are happy to share their experience, me included. You are making an opportunity to cause issues. I am not attacking you at all. Just calling you out on your BS. Notice I am supportive of all other genuine Pinsiders.

Pinsiders want to see CGC step up to the plate and fix these games as they should.

CGC has caused these "issues" and only they can address them or refuse to address them.

Fix the games, establish some good will in the community and move on.

#3967 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

However, which distributors do not take a credit card? All of the big guys do and they typically add around 3.5% to the price which is good with me.

And since you are buying it with your Capital One Quicksilver Card you get 1.5% of that back immediately

#3968 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Inserting a data point:
I wanted to chime in and say that our AFMr SE hit the floor on June 30th and has around 18,000 plays (We purchased from cointaker who we love). Between it and Addams Family make up two of the best earners. Since AFMr has been on the floor it has never been down. We've had to perform regular maintenance, flipper rebuilds, replace balls and rubbers etc.. but are extremely happy with the game.

On location it's an entirely different story. You're more interested in it performing rather than the esthetics. From a collector standpoint, there are certain qualities that matter more than pure performance.

#3969 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

AHHH...I take back my "WOW". Most folks aren't willing to throw another 3.5% down the drain for such a large purchase.

If you buy your game from a local distributor you are paying the 7.25% California state tax on that. If you order the same exact machine from say Automated Services in Connecticut with your credit card you are paying the additional massive 3.5% credit card fee and paying no state tax on your out of state purchase. Seems like it costs you 3.75% LESS to not pay cash to your local distributor

#3970 6 years ago

Plenty of rumour and Story telling

Please tell us what rumors and stories you are referring to.... I love a good bedtime story!

#3971 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Please tell us what rumors and stories you are referring to.....

All your stories. You are yet to post what your issue is with your machine. Always answering a question with a question.. sidestepping if you really have any issues with an AFMr or even if you really own one. This is an owners thread.

#3972 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm not ignoring it.

Some of this isn't my job. I help people get their games going if they have problems. That's it.

@LTG, you do provide overwhelming support to ALL of the folks here on Pinside; those who are aware of the scope of support you provide, are grateful for the time and energy you put forth on a daily basis to help folks out on this website. Your support is in the true spirit of Pinside and will never be overshadowed by a few folks casting a wide net of allegations.

#3973 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

LTG, you do provide overwhelming support to ALL of the folks here on Pinside; those who are aware of the scope of support you provide, are grateful for the time and energy you put forth on a daily basis to help folks out on this website. Your support is in the true spirit of Pinside and will never be overshadowed but a few folks casting a wide net of allegations.

Hear hear. Three cheers for LTG who is a constant positive part of this hobby.

#3974 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

LTG, you do provide overwhelming support to ALL of the folks here on Pinside and those who are aware of the scope of support you provide are grateful for the time and energy you put forth on a daily basis to help folks out on this website; your support is in the true spirit of Pinside and will never be overshadowed but a few folks casting a wide net of allegations.

Very well said. LTG we thank and support you every step of the way.

#3975 6 years ago

All your stories. You are yet to post what your issue is with your machine. Always answering a question with a question.. sidestepping if you really have any issues with an AFMr or even if you really own one. This is an owners thread.

WOW That's a lot of stories! I have posted on here a lot, for a long time and about a great many subjects and your saying they are all BS! . ALL of em Really
You know that sounds like an attack on me. You have no idea who I am buddy. And I do not have to reveal anything to you. If you have some beef with me you can PM me. This is my last response to you.

#3976 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

WOW That's a lot of stories! I have posted on here a lot, for a long time and about a great many subjects and your saying they are all BS! . ALL of em Really
You know that sounds like an attack on me. You have no idea who I am buddy. And I do not have to reveal anything to you. If you have some beef with me you can PM me. This is my last response to you.

See... more stories and you are trying to twist my words. You still refuse to post what is wrong with your machine. I have no interest in PMs. It is not a personal attack and I have no beef with you. You have the right to post and so do I.

#3977 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well I'm happy it worked for your oven, but something tells me the process wouldn't be as smooth for a pinball machine (small vs. large company, hand-built vs. machine produced, shipping cost, etc.). I'd also be surprised if many pinball distributors even accepted a CC payment for 8K (considering costly transaction fees). Most car companies limit a charge to 2-3k.
I think the suggestion recently put forth (regarding buying/verifying from a reputable/local distributor) makes the most sense. The only problem is convenience, since pinball distributors are fairly small in numbers (i.e. not on every street corner
snaroff

I did a charge back on an Aston Martin DB9...

Neil.

#3978 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

Did it have chips on it?

#3979 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Did it have chips on it?

no, but it didn't go all of the time, and would stop in places were you didn't want it to stop.

in anycase.

Just a reminder to pinsiders. let either agree or disagree amicably, and not assume everyone is out to insult each other or call each other a liar; as per the rules if you aren't going to post something that adds genuine value then don't post it! I like this group because its been so amicable lets not make it less so please.

Neil

#3980 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's not get too hysterical. I think you'd have to be REALLY negligent and/or in a super arid climate to get to that level. I've had lots of Sterns and a few B/W with planking and zero progressed to splitting, but they were all waxed frequently and kept in a climate-controlled house/location.

I don't consider it hysterical to be concerned about something that might continue to get worse, it's my 8k. Hysterical would be my reaction to opening a box and finding I had to eat the playfield with the nude color and ribbed look under the clear.

#3981 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I don't consider it hysterical to be concerned about something that might continue to get worse, it's my 8k. Hysterical would be my reaction to opening a box and finding I had to eat the playfield with the nude color and ribbed look under the clear.

I'd absolutely lose my shit if that happened. Which is why I still haven't decided what to do.

#3982 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Of course you're entitled to whatever feelings you have.

However, the point is in my experience with a LOT of machines from Stern(mostly) and B/W with this "effect", it is very unlikely to get any worse if the machine is waxed regularly and kept in a temperature controlled house/location. Exactly zero got worse that I have had. So yeah, that concern is a little hysterical. I'm talking about the generally mild planking effect in pics here. If it was all over the playfield or the grooves were very deep, that's a different story, but none of the pics here have shown one like that.

The playfields with the incorrect nude color screened, however, are totally unacceptable and anyone with one should be offered a *correct* replacement. There's no wiggle room on that point.

#3983 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

If you buy your game from a local distributor you are paying the 7.25% California state tax on that. If you order the same exact machine from say Automated Services in Connecticut with your credit card you are paying the additional massive 3.5% credit card fee and paying no state tax on your out of state purchase. Seems like it costs you 3.75% LESS to not pay cash to your local distributor

Hmm. Not sure how to respond, since state tax is a separate issue. Most of my games were purchased out-of-state (while living in Florida). Ironically, the AC/DC was purchased at Little Shop of Games in Florida (where I paid state tax). It was the only NIB I've ever had a major problem with and totally lucked out (having the full support of LSOG).

So while it's possible to buy games across state borders and avoid paying state taxes, it can bite you in the arse if/when you need local support!

snaroff

#3984 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

What does that mean, exactly? That your made a 100k-ish charge to your credit card? Then returned the car?

snaroff

#3985 6 years ago

So, here I am up in Ottawa, playing my friends LE #905 and it’s beautiful. And he has a crowd of folks from work here, and everyone has huge grins on their faces playing this game and having a wonderful time. I love pinball!

#3986 6 years ago

Wish I was There Marc!

#3987 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Do we know if the defective machines were purchased through a distributor or CGC?

Mine is a distributor and he is great! Working on it.

#3988 6 years ago

After 22 years on the want list, AFM is home!! ckorth, one of the Cleveland guys is amazing (well TBH all of the Cleveland gang is amazing). Definitely in the top 5 pinheads I've met and that's going against some tough competition. Can't wait to get this setup. Loaded SE with the Lazeriffic topper! I'm giddy.

#3989 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Well stated.

#3990 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

So, here I am up in Ottawa, playing my friends LE #905 and it’s beautiful. And he has a crowd of folks from work here, and everyone has huge grins on their faces playing this game and having a wonderful time. I love pinball!

Hey, I"m near Ottawa!!! Glad to hear you guys are having an awesome time over here. I'm playing mine too, just taking a break

#3991 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

To many dealers/distributors that are posting on here recently. I know who many of you are and the biased agenda. This is an owners thread and let’s keep civil!

#3992 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Hey, I"m near Ottawa!!! Glad to hear you guys are having an awesome time over here. I'm playing mine too, just taking a break

Maybe we can grab a beer next time I’m up. Probably in a few months.

#3993 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

After 22 years on the want list, AFM is home!! ckorth, one of the Cleveland guys is amazing (well TBH all of the Cleveland gang is amazing). Definitely in the top 5 pinheads I've met and that's going against some tough competition. Can't wait to get this setup. Loaded SE with the Lazeriffic topper! I'm giddy.

Awesome man! 22 years is a long time to wait. Congratulations! How fun. Enjoy and post some scores. Post some pictures of that topper!

#3994 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

To many dealers/distributors that are posting on here recently. Know who many you are and the biased agenda. This is an owners thread!

I just need a little help on the grammar.

What are you trying to say? What is the biased agenda?

#3995 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

no, but it didn't go all of the time, and would stop in places were you didn't want it to stop.
in anycase.
Just a reminder to pinsiders. let either agree or disagree amicably, and not assume everyone is out to insult each other or call each other a liar; as per the rules if you aren't going to post something that adds genuine value then don't post it! I like this group because its been so amicable lets not make it less so please.
Neil

I agree!

#3996 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I just need a little help on the grammar.
What are you trying to say? What is the biased agenda?

Attack people and say everything is great! CGC can address the problem or deal with the PR storm. They decide the outcome.

#3997 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

CGC can address the problem or deal with the PR storm

And right now it's pretty stormy!

#3998 6 years ago

You Colorado boys need to chill just bit

#3999 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Maybe we can grab a beer next time I’m up. Probably in a few months.

sounds good!! Maybe I'll have a MBrLE by then, wink wink...

#4000 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You Colorado boys need to chill just bit

well what about you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 79.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

5,400 (OBO)
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/80?hl=jmagla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.