pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 212.
#3851 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

According to Doug, EVERY game will have chipping issues if Cliffys are not installed. That's directly from the horse's mouth.

The chipping aids in creating a beautiful patina. This only serves to enhance the overall "artistic character" of your new pinball machine.

Douggie, please feel free to use these lines.

#3852 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ya I know, bought my TAF from you
Colors are fine. No planking. I installed Cliffies from day 1, always do on all of my games new and used. Mine is a little dimply, but I’ve learned to accept that and it does level out over time. Just need to play more!
Sorry you are having issues with yours, just saying this thread has become negative and I’m not sure that’s a fair representation of the machines being delivered. I’m sure there are some issues, always are with any manufacturer/game. I think pinball has proven variability and imperfection exists. Just strike a fair price deal with Doug on a new playfield and swap it out after you’ve played yours a ton.

Would love a resolution but they arent doing anything so that is resolution for them not for me. That is why people are upset. You would be upset if our positions were switched.

#3853 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Would love a resolution but they arent doing anything so that is resolution for them not for me. That is why people are upset. You would be upset if our positions were switched.

Id be happy with a fair price on a new playfield. Then I’d play the heck out of mine and swap the playfield sometime in the future. I like working on them almost as much as playing them

#3854 6 years ago

Hi guys. My LE no. 888 arrived today. Anyone know what these are for?

2ED03B58-7068-4C44-8B13-F85063F407CA (resized).jpeg2ED03B58-7068-4C44-8B13-F85063F407CA (resized).jpeg

#3855 6 years ago

I guess I must be one of the lucky few who received a VERY nice AFMr SE and is very very happy. I had one issue and is was resolved in three days. I received my new PIC in three days.

I am not, by any means, complacent or naeive. I manage over 500 pinball machines at the Museum of Pinball and know the ins-n-outs of old and new. I feel very fortunate to have purchased a AFMr SE with no issues. I think I have about 600 plays now (maybe low in respective to yours).

Am I one of the lucky ones or are disappointed buyers louder than than us who are happy?

I am hoping, for the hobby, that CGC continue to produce remakes of the quality expected by the buyers (and equal to the SE I purchased).

#3856 6 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Small plastic thingy is a flipper gap tool. The metal plate screws over the power cord hole.

#3857 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I got $6,800,000,000 or something... what do all you nancies have to say about trying to top THAT score!

Well, on my better games I’ll about double that on the first ball but then there are plenty of other games that I don’t come anywhere close to that score. That’s pinball.

#3858 6 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Your colors look great to. They are what Wacky states. Congratulations!

#3859 6 years ago

I’ll chime in. I’ve had a few issues with my LE and Doug has resolved them to my satisfaction. Somebody put a vote on this thread (owners only): “are you satisfied with your purchase overall?”

I’d vote yes so far.

#3860 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

you're missing the point... why are they voted the top 2 all the time? They are rated even higher than the originals they copy. I"m just pointing that out.

Newer games are always Higher in ratings on pinside. Time and over 600 posts is the real rating. Not even registering on the other top pinball lists.

#3861 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’ll chime in. I’ve had a few issues with my LE and Doug has resolved them to my satisfaction. Somebody put a vote on this thread (owners only): “are you satisfied with your purchase overall?”
I’d vote yes so far.

Glad to hear. Interesting no one is posting that they have had zero issues. I have more new in the box games with zero adjustments and problems than I have had games with issues. Playing perfect right out of the box is high quality control.

#3862 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Glad to hear. Interesting no one is posting that they have had zero issues. I have more new in the box games with zero adjustments and problems than I have had games with issues. Playing perfect right out of the box is high quality control.

Off topic but my MMrLE played perfectly right out of the box. Afmr was playable but super skillshot (launch) problem happened sometimes. Still very fun to play.

#3863 6 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

* Yellow handle is hard as piss to lock. I still need to figure out how to adjust it.

Two brass screws on top of lockdown bar receiver raise or lower the lever that locks the lockdown bar in place. A little adjusting should help.

LTG : )

#3864 6 years ago

In summation:

If you experience small (inexpensive) problems such as cracked plastics CGC will take care of you.

If you are experiencing more significant (expensive) problems such as playfield or cabinet issues, CGC's warranty is worthless.

If you have your heart set on a CGC machine make certain you pay with a credit card so that you will be able to file a chargeback if necessary. Unfortunately, based upon the findings in this thread, you will have no other recourse with CGC.

Happy Flipping!

#3865 6 years ago

I had forgotten why I ignored the previous poster so I took him off the ignored list. Now I remember. So negative and condescending.

#3866 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Red arrow points to the knob on the end of the playfield rod support - green arrow points along the playfield locking slide, not in your picture but farther up is a notch where the knob locks.
And as mschonbrun posted, don't use it. Pull out playfield until it locks and then lift up and lean on the backbox.

K, That's actually what I did (full upright, resting on the back box) when I lifted it up to bend the bracket. I can't for the life of me see the notch (looking at the real board not the picture). Ah, well. Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth anyway.

Do I need to get this kit?
http://www.passionforpinball.com/AFM-thin/afm_thin.htm

I see my playfield already has some kind of thin plastic protection around most of the problem areas the ball grazes.

#3867 6 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

K, That's actually what I did when I lifted it up to bend the bracket. I can't for the life of me see the notch (looking at the real board not the picture). Ah, well. Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth anyway.
Now I just need to find out what the hell a cliffy is.

Hope it helps Cliff is a guy who makes a great product.
http://www.passionforpinball.com

#3868 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I had forgotten why I ignored the previous poster so I took him off the ignored list. Now I remember. So negative and condescending.

Reminder it is against pinside conduct to attack another member. He is expressing his view as are you. Ironically this is an Attack From Mars thread.

#3869 6 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

K, That's actually what I did when I lifted it up to bend the bracket. I can't for the life of me see the notch (looking at the real board not the picture). Ah, well. Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth anyway.
Do I need to get this kit?
http://www.passionforpinball.com/AFM-thin/afm_thin.htm
I see my playfield already has some kind of thin plastic protection around most of the problem areas the ball grazes.

Yes get that. Make sure to state it is for a AFM remake. The thin film is Mylar. Leave that to.

#3870 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Reminder it is against pinside conduct to attack another member. He is expressing his view as are you.

You are probably right. I likely crossed a line. Apologies

Honest question though: Isn’t Doug from CGC a member of pinside? He’s gotten a lot of legit criticism here, but also a whole lot of “attacks” (name calling, etc).

#3871 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

You are probably right. I likely crossed a line. Apologies
Honest question though: Isn’t Doug from CGC a member of pinside? He’s gotten a lot of legit criticism here, but also a whole lot of “attacks” (name calling, etc).

In fairness, it appears that CGC's policies have placed Doug in a no-win situation.

#3872 6 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

. I can't for the life of me see the notch

DSC00492 (resized).JPGDSC00492 (resized).JPG

DSC00493 (resized).JPGDSC00493 (resized).JPG

#3873 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

In fairness, it appears that CGC's policies have placed Doug in a no-win situation.

I agree. According to the article he is VP of Business Development. I have a few companies and the VP is not the top of the corporate ladder. He is in a tough place just doing his job.

Fellow posters all just want an industry standard warranty on a $8000 game. The customers are not dumb. If they start covering large issues things will change and people will be posting praises.

First offering a warranty extension. If that doesn’t work then offering a reduced rate for a replacement part that should be covered under warranty. If that does not work then offering a replacement but can’t disclose it. That isn’t good business practice. The other manufactures don’t do these games.

The key here is only buy new if you can look at the game first. If you have a major issue your dealer is the only way you get anything currently. You need a strong and large dealer. If the manufacture makes the dealer mad they stop buying games or drop carrying the manufacture. The manufacture will always take care of the dealer in the end. Why not just take care of the customers first if you are the manufacture. That is business 101.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/churchill/index.html

#3874 6 years ago

For those who haven't sought refuge in their response from Doug, just know that your stories have already cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential, and actual sales. This thread has changed the minds of at least a few dozen people who have skin in the game.

It's so sad. I really wanted this to work out. Mostly, I wanted them to kick sterns ass!

#3875 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

For those who haven't sought refuge in their response from Doug, just know that your stories have already cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential, and actual sales. This thread has changed the minds of at least a few dozen people who have skin in the game.
It's so sad. I really wanted this to work out. Mostly, I wanted them to kick sterns ass!

Well said. If it was only a handful of issues they would have replaced. It is much larger and they don’t want to honor it. I to was cheering CGC on. On my MMR le I was happy and did not believe the issues others were having. Now I know first hand. Can’t believe the excuses of “Artistic Characteristic.” In today’s enviroment social media is powerful for growing new products and to report less than acceptable results. Happy pinball and we will all move on to other topics in time.

#3876 6 years ago

I understand the frustration if you got a wrong color playfield.
That would not set correctly with me either.

That said our game is in perfect shape and has played great since day one. Did not even have the ball shooting around Super Skill shot issue.
In fact the only issue we had with the game was that they packed in the wrong color legs with it. We got Silver legs with our green game.
However after opening a ticket, our green power coated legs were in the mail the next day.
Very happy with this game and cant wait to see Monster Bash.

#3877 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I'm starting to realize it's not as bad as it may seem in here, not that there are not issues, but why is the top 100 dominated by CGC? I'm happy with mine too, just looking for a perfect pinball It asked me for my initials for the first time today and played a special song at the end for me. I got $6,800,000,000 or something... what do all you nancies have to say about trying to top THAT score!

>.>

IMG_0968 (resized).JPGIMG_0968 (resized).JPG

#3878 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I understand the frustration if you got a wrong color playfield.
That would not set correctly with me either.
That said our game is in perfect shape and has played great since day one. Did not even have the ball shooting around Super Skill shot issue.
In fact the only issue we had with the game was that they packed in the wrong color legs with it. We got Silver legs with our green game.
However after opening a ticket, our green power coated legs were in the mail the next day.
Very happy with this game and cant wait to see Monster Bash.

That is good to hear except for the wrong legs. They just need a good set of standard operating proceedures to eliminate these things to get high quality control.

#3879 6 years ago

Now that is a score

#3880 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Now that is a score

I haven't even broke 10B after putting that up, game regularly slaps me around.

#3881 6 years ago

Love this game # 556

20180220_012302 (resized).jpg20180220_012302 (resized).jpg

20180220_012344 (resized).jpg20180220_012344 (resized).jpg

20180220_012334 (resized).jpg20180220_012334 (resized).jpg

20180220_012416 (resized).jpg20180220_012416 (resized).jpg

20180220_012602 (resized).jpg20180220_012602 (resized).jpg

20180220_012729_001 (resized).jpg20180220_012729_001 (resized).jpg

20180220_012805 (resized).jpg20180220_012805 (resized).jpg

#3882 6 years ago

It is simply disappointing for the buyers who are suffering with these maladies, the potential buyers who caught wind of what is supposedly standard operating procedure and pinball as a whole.

Hopefully, there can be a change of heart.

#3883 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Love this game # 556

Nice Play field! Just goes to show ya, they can produce a nice play field and have.

#3884 6 years ago

LTG

I see a technical question posted on here and I wait with anticipation with a answer from you. Thanks for taking the time and helping us novices, it's people like you that make me enjoy pins even more

#3885 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I haven't even broke 10B after putting that up, game regularly slaps me around.

Yeah isn’t that pinball for you.

#3886 6 years ago

After reading all this, think I will look for an original MB...

#3887 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

After reading all this, think I will look for an original MB...

Off topic:
Smart man. Prices have dropped greatly and can get for $8000 to $8500 with no waiting. The ball beats that game. The drac trac and mosh pit had enough challenges in the original can’t imagine the new clearcoats with the softer wood. A must though for a color dmd. Find a great original or a perfect restore.

#3888 6 years ago

I would like to thank everyone that has shared their experiences in this thread. I've lurked in the background devastated while I've watched everyone describe their issues from the flipper problem to the playfield issues. Not only did I sell my original AFM in anticipation of buying my 1st NIB LE but I also recently let my CCC go in a trade because I planned on buying the remake one day. Is there an award for the dumbest move in pinball?

When I 1st saw my friend Pete's AFMLE I was blown away and decided that night I would offer up my AFM for sale. I had the money in hand to pick up the game but this thread kept unfolding and kept me on the sideline. Then Pete told me his playfield has the planking as well and that killed it for me. Congrats to those of you who were lucky enough to score a game without issues. If CGC will not stand by their product and replace the wrong colors and planking playfields they will not be getting my money for both AFM and CC when made.

#3889 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

If CGC will not stand by their product and replace the wrong colors and planking playfields they will not be getting my money for both AFM and CC when made.

A Great Post Thank you for sharing! And again the reason for posting here is to bring notoriety to the inaction on the more complex issues. We all want to believe that CGC will evolve into a great company to do business with in future.

#3890 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I would like to thank everyone that has shared their experiences in this thread. I've lurked in the background devastated while I've watched everyone describe their issues from the flipper problem to the playfield issues. Not only did I sell my original AFM in anticipation of buying my 1st NIB LE but I also recently let my CCC go in a trade because I planned on buying the remake one day. Is there an award for the dumbest move in pinball?
When I 1st saw my friend Pete's AFMLE I was blown away and decided that night I would offer up my AFM for sale. I had the money in hand to pick up the game but this thread kept unfolding and kept me on the sideline. Then Pete told me his playfield has the planking as well and that killed it for me. Congrats to those of you who were lucky enough to score a game without issues. If CGC will not stand by their product and replace the wrong colors and planking playfields they will not be getting my money for both AFM and CC when made.

His game has planking?!

#3891 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

His game has planking?!

I think it's technically just "ribbed" from the drum sanding operation.

#3892 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

His game has planking?!

Pete described his as ribbed.

#3893 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

In summation:
If you experience small (inexpensive) problems such as cracked plastics CGC will take care of you.
If you are experiencing more significant (expensive) problems such as playfield or cabinet issues, CGC's warranty is worthless.
If you have your heart set on a CGC machine make certain you pay with a credit card so that you will be able to file a chargeback if necessary. Unfortunately, based upon the findings in this thread, you will have no other recourse with CGC.
Happy Flipping!

You have pushed the credit card idea several times in this thread. I'm curious, have *you* ever reversed an 8k pinball purchase CC charge?

snaroff

#3894 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Ribbed or planking who knows. All I know they are splitting more and looks like crap!

#3895 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Ribbed or planking who knows. All I know they are splitting more and looks like crap!

Someone in the thread said the ribbed can eventually progress to splitting.

#3896 6 years ago

I'll be buying a new pin in the next month or two and had settled on an AFMr SE or LE, but after reading through this thread I'm rethinking that plan. I understand that any machine with so many moving parts will often need some tuning or small fixes early on, but there are enough major concerns that they've kind of taken over the conversation. Those with issues are generally the most vocal, but there's a major difference in overall tone between this thread and similar "owners" threads that have me looking elsewhere for my next purchase.

I appreciate everybody sharing their experiences, both good and bad, with this table.

#3897 6 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

I appreciate everybody sharing their experiences, both good and bad, with this table

Thanks Man for your input!

#3898 6 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Those with issues are generally the most vocal, but there's a major difference in overall tone between this thread and similar "owners" threads that have me looking elsewhere for my next purchase.

I appreciate everybody sharing their experiences, both good and bad, with this table.

Can't say I blame you. Sucks though as the game is really awesome, IF you get one without major issues. One idea would be to find a slightly used one or a dealer that has a floor model that you can inspect. It may even be possible to get a dealer to unbox one before you take it given the concerns that have popped up. For the record, my table and the few that I have seen have NOT had any of the troubling PF issues. Good Luck!

#3899 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You have pushed the credit card idea several times in this thread. I'm curious, have *you* ever reversed an 8k pinball purchase CC charge?
snaroff

No, I have never filed a chargeback on an 8K pinball machine.

I have filed a chargeback on a 12K oven that never worked properly from the day it was installed. No matter how many technicians the manufacturer sent to my home, they could never get it to operate properly. I was told the performance we were experiencing with the oven was as good as it was going to get and there was nothing else that could be done. Within 2 weeks of the chargeback, the manufacturer picked up the oven from my home and a refund was issued.

#3900 6 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It may even be possible to get a dealer to unbox one before you take it given the concerns that have popped up. For the record, my table and the few that I have seen have NOT had any of the troubling PF issues. Good Luck!

I think that is a great idea. If you're close to dealership, get game shipped to them and then have it setup to give it a full inspection before taking it home. I will do this for MBr.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/78?hl=dngrwillrobinson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.