pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 212.
#3751 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You would think so and I would be the first person to agree with you if they resolved the pf issues with that phone call. But that's not whats happening here.

Do you have some first hand experience you could kindly share with us on what is really happening? I found CGC fantastic to deal with. CGC resolved our issue quickly and we are very happy. I know of many AFMr owners that are happy with CGC and very few that are not.

#3752 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That’s exactly how I feel. I love everything about pinball.
Happy Flipping!

Really, man? Everytime someone posts a comment about an issue they're having, you just write something unrealistically positive to discredit them? Maybe you're on the CGC payroll (I personally am convinced you are), or maybe you're just such a fanboy that you'll take a bullet for them.

Either way, it's not your place to tell anyone that they should just be happy with what they have, when they've just spent $8000 on a game.

Maybe your game is great. But don't assume that is everyone's experience and opinion.

And it's utterly insulting to say that any of us with an issue are sabotaging the success of pinball. I've bought 4 new games in one year, had countless argumeiwith my wife about it, and I have introduced numerous friends to the hobby that have resulted in more sales. If anything, I love this hobby as much if not more, because I know that when a company does right by it's customers, it's succeeds!

Maybe mention that to the guys at the CGC cooler tomorrow morning!

#3753 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Really, man? Everytime someone posts a comment about an issue they're having, you just write something unrealistically positive to discredit them? Maybe you're on the CGC payroll (I personally am convinced you are), or maybe you're just such a fanboy that you'll take a bullet for them.
Either way, it's not your place to tell anyone that they should just be happy with what they have, when they've just spent $8000 on a game.
Maybe your game is great. But don't assume that is everyone's experience and opinion.
And it's utterly insulting to say that any of us with an issue are sabotaging the success of pinball. I've bought 4 new games in one year, had countless argumeiwith my wife about it, and I have introduced numerous friends to the hobby that have resulted in more sales. If anything, I love this hobby as much if not more, because I know that when a company does right by it's customers, it's succeeds!

I agree with @mschonbrun. We are on a forum and everyone has the right to express themselves. Vote with your wallet dude. That can work both ways. If lots of people agree with you it forces the company to change or they go broke. If not many people agree with you, the company does not have to deal with you any more and prospers even further. No more wasted time on people that cannot resolve their issues. Constantly looking for an argument is not in the good spirits of Pinside.

#3754 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Do you have some first hand experience you could kindly share with us on what is really happening? I found CGC fantastic to deal with. CGC resolved our issue quickly and we are very happy. I know of many AFMr owners that are happy with CGC and very few that are not.

Do you have any playfield issues? Any of the planking, chipping, wrong colors, mystery rubout marks?

#3755 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

He's either on the payroll or has family that has a stake in the company.

In fairness, he's been like this going back to the diffuser garbage with MMR.

You only paid 8K for a product which is clearly defective, but Happy Flipping!

#3756 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Do you have any playfield issues? Any of the planking, chipping, wrong colors, mystery rubout marks?

No, I do not. That is why I asked if you personally have any.

#3757 6 years ago

I agree with mschonbrun. We are on a forum and everyone has the right to express themselves. Vote with your wallet dude. That can work both ways. If lots of people agree with you it forces the company to change or they go broke. If not many people agree with you, the company does not have to deal with you any more and prospers even further. No more wasted time on people that cannot resolve their issues. Constantly looking for an argument is not in the good spirits of Pinside

This is not about voting with your wallet! This is before that. This is about discussing this issue with people who have these issues to try to bring about a resolution. We already have lots of people that agree with us and most of them are not on Pinside! If you have a nice perfect beautiful flawless game, Good For You! I am happy for you. Flip on! Have fun.

#3758 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pages 1-57 and 1-58 cover errors. No idea what 62 channel is. Changing replay value - you have something in adjustments set to auto adjust that changes scores depending on how players are doing.
LTG : )

Sorry switch 62 c channel I believe it read. If I do a factory reset is there an option to put the machine back to home use? The volume and free play I know have to be Changed after a factory reset but is there anything else? I noticed a factory adjustment option, is that what I’m looking for after factory reset?

#3759 6 years ago

Then this is not about how good CGC is in handling your situation.

#3760 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Damien,

I replied to a comment, a positive one about pinball. And I replied with how I feel. Which is a true statement, it is how I feel. And it’s 100% my own right to love pinball. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to relive a cherished part of my childhood in my own home. This is an absolute gift to be able to play whenever I want and to play the very games that I dropped quarters in as a kid. Life could be very different and I think it would be a colder and sadder place without pinball in it. That’s my perspective. And that perspective is irrespective of CGC or any other pinball manufacturer. I post in the threads where I own games, and where I can help with technical solutions. I enjoy helping folks, and I enjoy having people over to experience pinball and remember how much fun it is to escape into a world under glass.

You get to have your own opinion of pinball, and your game. But you do not get to accuse me of anything; that is just not OK. We are strangers, and hopefully friends with a common hobby that would share our collections with each other since every pinball person that I have met in person has been a wonderful person. I have no doubt I would feel the same about you should we one day meet.

What is clear is that we have different opinions about our games, and that is fine by me. We do not have to agree and I hope you get some resolution on your games and get to a good place with them. It should be a joyful hobby and I hope that nobody here would want to disagree with that. Looking at your game and seeing nothing but flaws has to suck.

For the record: I have chipping at the mothership hole, the outhole of MMR and behind the castle on MMR. So please do not think that I somehow got a different level of game. I didn’t. I’m just choosing to be OK with it and not allow it to take away from MY enjoyment of it. And I am sorry if somehow wishing that folks didn’t dwell on such things as offensive; i’ll certainly take that feedback and never post things along those lines again. But I’m not going to stop helping folks debug and troubleshoot, and I’m going to help people connect with CGC to get resolution on their issues since Pinside is not where CGC does support. And I do that for me, not for anyone else. It makes me happy to help folks. Period. End of story.

And as for working for CGC? I do not work for them. You can take a few minutes and do a little Internet sleuthing to see who I am, and what I do for a living. My location is accurate, and my handle is based on my last name. I work in software development, and I’ve never worked on a pinball machine other than my own I’m sorry if you don’t believe that, but that is the truth and I have nothing to hide.

Yours in pinball,
Marc

#3761 6 years ago

AFMLE owners, I have a fully restored original and thinking about a LE version,are you guys happy with your games ? Also do all LE,s come with green trim ?
Can i get chrome or stainless?

#3762 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

I was super excited to grab a classic early on but usually im the guy that waits for them to be made awhile so CGC could work out the bugs. So i get the nude color instead of orange and was told on phone thats just how it goes so i guess im lucky no planking or chipping yet. Its not worth pressing the issue and will just play my fun game. They did get me some plastics to replace the crazed ones. Going forward on any NIB game from any company i will have the distro open the box to set the game up for inspection .If the playfield sucks guess what they wont get my check and just walk out . Now its just getting a box of cracker jacks you dont know what the surprise will be

Wow. I'm at a complete and utter loss for words!! Someone needs to record their conversation with them and post it up.

#3763 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Then this is not about how good CGC is in handling your situation.

Do you have a AFMr that has issues and lodged a ticket?

#3764 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

AFMLE owners, I have a fully restored original and thinking about a LE version,are you guys happy with your games ? Also do all LE,s come with green trim ?

LEs are available in Green, Black or Stainless. They were built to order, so, it depends on what was ordered at the time. You’re near me and I’d be happy to show you my game if you’re ever up for coming down to the South Bay.

Marc

#3765 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I’m sorry if you don’t believe that, but that is the truth and I have nothing to hide.

It's ok we still love you Marc....

#3766 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

It's ok we still love you Marc....

OK, that crosses the line. This agression will not stand, man!

#3767 6 years ago

Do you have a AFMr that has issues and lodged a ticket?

Why would you care about that? Do you work for CGC?

#3768 6 years ago

I have had my LE for about 2 months. I had shooter lane issue and fixed it. Had the popper issue where it took multiple times for ball to pop up. Fixed that. No flipper issues. I did do the PIC 2 chip installation. I have talked to Doug multiple times. The latest was about the chipping I have on right and left of hole of ufo ship. His basic take over the phone was this will happen over time and if you want to protect your machine get cliffys. I told him I already had them on order. I told him that in future they should consider putting cliffys on all the machines. He stated that the purists wouldn't like that. I said to him that put cliffys on so many machines (maybe 80%) and leave the rest without for the purists. He stated that it would too much of a logistical problem for distributors/sellers. I think it is BS. When I told him that a full set of cliffys was $110 and he thought that was a lot. I don't think 1.5% of price of machine to protect is too much, but they should do that for us. In regards for having a wrong colored play field, that should be an automatic replacement. Too me, that is a DEFECT in manufacturing. As of now, probably wouldn't buy another chicago gaming machine unless people on this forum state that there defective playfields are replaced. My star wars LE has had zero problems and I don't see any chipping. Having incomplete code is not ideal, but it is of greater importance not to have a defective machine. I feel like stern is trying to make improvements in their coding staff and are very responsive to defects according to a lot of posts i have read. Maybe I would consider Jersey Jack for next machine.

#3769 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Why would you care about that? Do you work for CGC?

I do not care to help you at all, you are only on this thread to cause issues and you do not like anyone calling out your BS.

#3770 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

We are strangers, and hopefully friends with a common hobby

It's a fantastic hobby, albeit an expensive-ass one! I'd much rather us be chatting about how awesome it is to reach RTU, and how close we might have come to completing it a second time.

Let me clarify things, since my recent posts in this thread probably just sound like complaints. I also own an MMR LE, and I've had so much fun with it, I could drone on and on. I've owned it for about a year, and it was the first machine I ever owned. Had some minor issues with the flippers out of the box, but LTG provided incredible support and I learned a lot about my machine quickly.

Even my wife, who would put pinball so low on her list of interests, enjoys this game and actually completed Royal Madness for the first time the other day, and it was pretty awesome to hear her talk about it.

I had so much fun with it, that when I saw the shooter lane starting to get chewed up, I just emailed Cliffy and got the set ordered. As I was installing it, I noticed every single edge of the game was chipped. Abd I said nothing! I put the protectors on, and went back to battling for the kingdom. And I enjoyed it so much, that I ordered an AFM LE!

But when the game started chipping after less than 100 plays, I was shocked. When I realized there were a bunch of people that had this problem (and inevitably all of us that don't put on Cliffys), I felt like something should be said.

The worst part of this, far worse than the chipping itself, is how poorly CGC has handled this. Look at the content in most messages now posted in this thread. It's predominantly related to unhappy customers that have received unsatisfactory service.

I'm hoping that CGC steps up and tries to resolve these issues. I wanted to buy every one of their remakes. But what I've been reading lately is troubling, and will be the reason I don't spend more money with them should they not make an attempt to sort these people out.

#3771 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So does that make good business sense? Just let people sell or trade their AFMr LE for something else and move on. No return business, just walk away?
Makes me wonder how long they can be in business with this model? We are not talking about Stern here. This is a new company. I guess it could be worse, could be like Dutch and just leave most of your customers with no game for their hard earned dollar.

A new company? No.

#3772 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I have had my LE for about 2 months. I had shooter lane issue and fixed it. Had the popper issue where it took multiple times for ball to pop up. Fixed that. No flipper issues. I did do the PIC 2 chip installation. I have talked to Doug multiple times. The latest was about the chipping I have on right and left of hole of ufo ship. His basic take over the phone was this will happen over time and if you want to protect your machine get cliffys. I told him I already had them on order. I told him that in future they should consider putting cliffys on all the machines. He stated that the purists wouldn't like that. I said to him that put cliffys on so many machines (maybe 80%) and leave the rest without for the purists. He stated that it would too much of a logistical problem for distributors/sellers. I think it is BS. When I told him that a full set of cliffys was $110 and he thought that was a lot. I don't think 1.5% of price of machine to protect is too much, but they should do that for us. In regards for having a wrong colored play field, that should be an automatic replacement. Too me, that is a DEFECT in manufacturing. As of now, probably wouldn't buy another chicago gaming machine unless people on this forum state that there defective playfields are replaced. My star wars LE has had zero problems and I don't see any chipping. Having incomplete code is not ideal, but it is of greater importance not to have a defective machine. I feel like stern is trying to make improvements in their coding staff and are very responsive to defects according to a lot of posts i have read. Maybe I would consider Jersey Jack for next machine.

Hmm - better ask all those with scratched playfields because of crap cliffies and cheap balls how their dialed in’s are getting on!

#3773 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

They’ve made them all so will depend what your dealer has available the green rocks though! once you sort the shooter lane issue (which hopefully is fixed in production) the game is superb. Install full set of cliffys (order them now as cliff has a backlog!)

Neil

#3774 6 years ago

If nothing else, this thread provides a bit of inside information for prospective buyers.

It would seem if the problem is inexpensive to remedy, CGC/PPS will be by your side. If the issue is anything which requires CGC/PPS to dig into their pockets, well, then you may not like their response.

#3775 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

If nothing else, this thread provides a bit of inside information for prospective buyers.
It would seem if the problem is inexpensive to remedy, CGC/PPS will be by your side. If the issue is anything which requires CGC/PPS to dig into their pockets, well, then you may not like their response.

Which seems to confirm that, print aside, they have the worst in-practice warranty of the "big three" currently.

#3776 6 years ago

So I took a good look at my playfield and the only thing that mine has is dimples which I expect and are normal in my view. My game was made late November and spend three weeks being shipped to the UK I got it 23rd December.

After this many plays and balls.

total games playedtotal games played

balls playedballs played

Total time playingTotal time playing

shooter lane

shooter laneshooter lane

SOL Hole

SOL HoleSOL Hole

Other side of SOL HoleOther side of SOL Hole

Force Field

Force FieldForce Field

Saucer Hole and Drop Target
Saucer Hole and Drop targetSaucer Hole and Drop target

Lock Ball Hole.
Lock Ball HoleLock Ball Hole

I don't see any huge wear, I don't see any chipping. The lock ball hole looks like that might be a problem in the future. I've got cliffies for the game and was recommended to put them on by original AFM owners.

Cheers,
Neil.

#3777 6 years ago

A re-make should be as least as good as an original.

The ribbed playfields are common as many Stern playfields have these so it's bad luck if you get one.

Chipping - Spooky seem to be the only company that has got their playfields at a level where this is not happening.

Wrong color playfields.

Surely by law that is such a clear manufacturing defect that an automatic replacement should be a given?

#3778 6 years ago

in Europe there is but it lies with whomever sold you it. I used it to get my GB playfield swapped after it started to Ghost.

Neil

#3779 6 years ago

one question I have, how do you take a bulb out?

One of the bulbs on my right slingshot is out but damned if I can figure out how to swap it out.

#3780 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

A re-make should be as least as good as an original.
The ribbed playfields are common as many Stern playfields have these so it's bad luck if you get one.
Chipping - Spooky seem to be the only company that has got their playfields at a level where this is not happening.
Wrong color playfields.
Surely by law that is such a clear manufacturing defect that an automatic replacement should be a given?

I have my TNA on order instead of a MMr. I was going to get a MMr from their february batch but nah. Plus, Spooky is doing what CGC claimed they were going to do, high quality pins. Not so excited about MBr anymore at all, and glad I don't have to spend the money on it.

#3781 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

one question I have, how do you take a bulb out?
One of the bulbs on my right slingshot is out but damned if I can figure out how to swap it out.

Ok figured it out just need to order a replacement now!

#3782 6 years ago

I do not care to help you at all, you are only on this thread to cause issues and you do not like anyone calling out your BS.

I didn't ask for your help, nor do I need it and that wasn't the question in first place.

#3783 6 years ago

Will fit the Cliffies of the original AFM into the AFMR or need i other ones ?

#3784 6 years ago
Quoted from hornisse69:

My understanding is you need the afmr.

#3785 6 years ago
Quoted from hornisse69:

When you message him tell them it’s an AFMr. There are some subtle differences so he makes a specific set for the newer machines.

#3786 6 years ago

Where do I get target stickers?

Also, CGC has top-spot on Pinside's top 100, both LEs, even for MMr so they must be doing something right or people would vote them down I think no? Maybe Doug and Rick are looking at that and rightfully assume they are doing a fantastic job... I know I would... but does not mean there is no room for improvement or getting complacent. MMr's score actually went up over 9, better than the original on both... and I do think Spooky's quality playfield on TNA is putting pressure on CGC to raise the bar if they want to be known as the best quality out there.

#3788 6 years ago

My play field has the correct orange color and I can see the woodgrain if I lean over and put my face close to the glass. I don't notice it when playing.

#3789 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/AFM_Page.html
ebay.com link » Attack From Mars Pinball Target Cushioned Decals

I'm thinking of getting those... do they protect the targets from damage too?

#3790 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I'm thinking of getting those... do they protect the targets from damage too?

I can't speak to AFMr's targets as I don't own the game, but I install target decals on my other games for improving aesthetics - not protection.

#3791 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I didn't ask for your help, nor do I need it and that wasn't the question in first place.

You are on this thread just to cause issues for CGC. That is not in the good spirit of Pinside. Most people that have an AFMr love it.

#3792 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

It's a fantastic hobby, albeit an expensive-ass one! I'd much rather us be chatting about how awesome it is to reach RTU, and how close we might have come to completing it a second time.
Let me clarify things, since my recent posts in this thread probably just sound like complaints. I also own an MMR LE, and I've had so much fun with it, I could drone on and on. I've owned it for about a year, and it was the first machine I ever owned. Had some minor issues with the flippers out of the box, but LTG provided incredible support and I learned a lot about my machine quickly.
Even my wife, who would put pinball so low on her list of interests, enjoys this game and actually completed Royal Madness for the first time the other day, and it was pretty awesome to hear her talk about it.
I had so much fun with it, that when I saw the shooter lane starting to get chewed up, I just emailed Cliffy and got the set ordered. As I was installing it, I noticed every single edge of the game was chipped. Abd I said nothing! I put the protectors on, and went back to battling for the kingdom. And I enjoyed it so much, that I ordered an AFM LE!
But when the game started chipping after less than 100 plays, I was shocked. When I realized there were a bunch of people that had this problem (and inevitably all of us that don't put on Cliffys), I felt like something should be said.
The worst part of this, far worse than the chipping itself, is how poorly CGC has handled this. Look at the content in most messages now posted in this thread. It's predominantly related to unhappy customers that have received unsatisfactory service.
I'm hoping that CGC steps up and tries to resolve these issues. I wanted to buy every one of their remakes. But what I've been reading lately is troubling, and will be the reason I don't spend more money with them should they not make an attempt to sort these people out.

You are extremely vocal about CGC and how they have treated you. I cannot see many "unhappy customers" on this thread, just you and one other that are constantly doing your best to derail CGC and this thread. You are doing your best to use this forum to get what you want from CGC. This is not in the good spirit of Pinside.

#3793 6 years ago

You are extremely vocal about CGC and how they have treated you. I cannot see many "unhappy customers" on this thread, just you and one other that are constantly doing your best to derail CGC and this thread. You are doing your best to use this forum to get what you want from CGC. This is not in the good spirit of Pinside.

Good spirit of Pinside? How was sending a diffuser kit to the MMR victims in the "good spirit of pinside"?

At 8K a pop, CGC had better make it right. I cannot stress enough how important it is to pay with a credit card when purchasing any NIB, preferably AMEX.

#3794 6 years ago

You'd make a great dictator

Recently, there have been a lot of disgruntled customers on this thread, and as a result, many potential customers that have cold feet. Not just two of us

If you receive a product that is defective, it's in your best interest to contact the manufacturer. That goes for any product, especially one that costs as much as a small car.

Feel free to check out my other Pinside posts. For the most part, I'm posting excitedly about my games.

You'll also see that I had a plethora of issues with my Dialed In, but was quickly sorted out by Jack and his team. They actually did way more than they had to. I'm not only happy with my game and experience, I'll also be buying their next standard body (Toy Story).

I'm giving CGC the benefit of the doubt. I'm awaiting a reply from them to see what they plan to do about these issues. I want them to do right. I want them to succeed. I want to be a happy customer and buy all of their remakes.

#3795 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

You'd make a great dictator
Recently, there have been a lot of disgruntled customers on this thread, and as a result, many potential customers that have cold feet. Not just two of us
If you receive a product that is defective, it's in your best interest to contact the manufacturer. That goes for any product, especially one that costs as much as a small car.
Feel free to check out my other Pinside posts. For the most part, I'm posting excitedly about my games.
You'll also see that I had a plethora of issues with my Dialed In, but was quickly sorted out by Jack and his team. They actually did way more than they had to. I'm not only happy with my game and experience, I'll also be buying their next standard body (Toy Story).
I'm giving CGC the benefit of the doubt. I'm awaiting a reply from them to see what they plan to do about these issues. I want them to do right. I want them to succeed. I want to be a happy customer and buy all of their remakes.

Thanks for the compliment! If I was a dictator, there would be pinball machines everywhere!

You are doing your best to put pressure on CGC through Pinside to get what you want. Encouraging owners to complain to CGC so ultimately you get what you want. No I do not work for CGC, I am a happy owner of a AFMrLE. There are plenty of us. There are not "a lot" of disgruntled customers, that is just what you keep saying.

#3796 6 years ago

Thanks for the compliment! If I was a dictator, there would be pinball machines everywhere!
You are doing your best to put pressure on CGC through Pinside to get what you want. Encouraging owners to complain to CGC so ultimately you get what you want. No I do not work for CGC, I am a happy owner of a AFMrLE. There are plenty of us. There are not "a lot" of disgruntled customers, that is just what you keep saying.

There are certainly "enough" disgruntled customers and it is greatly upsetting the folks at CGC who can't control what is posted here.

Hey CGC, fix the damn machines under your discretionary warranty and all of the negativity that you have managed to generate goes away.

#3797 6 years ago

My game has none of the playfield issues (any issues really) that some people are having and I consider myself fortunate. It seems like its coming out of the later runs (I've had mine for six months and a ton of plays on it). If I were CGC, I would work to make these right as some people have legitimate gripes (like the off color and prominent wood grain). They need to step back before dismissing the complaints and ask themselves if they would be happy if it was their brand new 8k game? I really doubt they would and if that's the case, action needs to be taken to make it right. The sales of game three depends on it.

#3798 6 years ago

Guess it just shows how much luck is involved. I've played almost 400 games in the 2 months I've owned it and love it. I had the shooter lane issue, left popper taking numerous attempts to eject the ball and after close inspection chipping under the mother ship, but nowhere else.
CGC gave me fixes for popper and left popper, and did so very quickly and effectively, and I'm grateful for the support recieved. I've fitted the full set of Cliffys with the exception of the SOL, I did try to fit it with the existing protector, but even after slightly bending, it affected the way the game played, so took it off. The existing one seems to do the job anyway and looks better.
All my issues are small, and to be honest as a newbie, I have learnt so much through the small fixes and taking bits off to fit cliffy's.
But....... I wouldn't be happy if the wrong colour paint had been used or I had major playfield issues, those that do - I hope you get them sorted to your satisfaction.

#3799 6 years ago

So how many 'nude' playfields are out there. They should be replaced asap. 1,2,???.

#3800 6 years ago
Quoted from jmagla:

Guess it just shows how much luck is involved. I've played almost 400 games in the 2 months I've owned it and love it. I had the shooter lane issue, left popper taking numerous attempts to eject the ball and after close inspection chipping under the mother ship, but nowhere else.
CGC gave me fixes for popper and left popper, and did so very quickly and effectively, and I'm grateful for the support recieved. I've fitted the full set of Cliffys with the exception of the SOL, I did try to fit it with the existing protector, but even after slightly bending, it affected the way the game played, so took it off. The existing one seems to do the job anyway and looks better.
All my issues are small, and to be honest as a newbie, I have learnt so much through the small fixes and taking bits off to fit cliffy's.
But....... I wouldn't be happy if the wrong colour paint had been used or I had major playfield issues, those that do - I hope you get them sorted to your satisfaction.

Doug took care of the PIC2.0 issue for us, even as the 2nd owner, which was appreciated given their outdated stance on second owner in-warranty support. But if I was a first owner and had the nude color screening error across the playfield that they said was "normal" and wouldn't swap out, I'd be pissed. That, plus the warranty thing makes a no-go for us on the next machine unless things change, despite the fact that we LOVE the AfMr overall.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 79.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.