pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 212.
#3651 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Seems simple. Call Doug on Monday and have him send out a prepaid return label and container for the defective playfield. Then, after this defective unit has been returned, ship a new populated playfield

You sir are Hired! That's your office over in the corner there! next to trash can.....

#3652 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That’s not why I bought my LE. I just wanted the light show and topper. I don’t expect that the playfield is more perfect. But that’s just me.

Yeah, at 8K a pop that may just be you.

#3653 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yes Marc we know, your just a player, we got it!

And not a great player at that

#3654 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

And not a great player at that

Remember you said it I didn't.

#3655 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Remember you said it I didn't.

I’ll remember. Every time I play with my group of pinball buddies I end up fixing their games. Oh well.

#3656 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

I am opening a ticket with CGC but I thought I’d check with other owners too to see if anybody else had that this issue. Not sure if I’ll bother updating anybody since BitPatrol accused me of being a troll.

You are not a troll. Only in mmr

#3657 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Just give Doug a call at CGC. I am sure he will have this taken care of within the next business day.

Next business day when?

#3658 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I’ll remember. Every time I play with my group of pinball buddies I end up fixing their games. Oh well.

Play at your house!

#3659 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Ok, but there is no chipping on his shooter lane, and he looked at it close when he took the picture, no chipping.

If you like it so much swap him games. I don’t want it. Bad quality control. They must not even look at their games when boxing up.

#3660 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

This is todays wisdom! These LEs are collector games! That's why people buy the LEs.

LE lately is the the “latest errors”

#3661 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Seems simple. Call Doug on Monday and have him send out a prepaid return label and container for the defective playfield. Then, after this defective unit has been returned, ship a new populated playfield.

Only Stern and JJP does that on a populated playfeild. Seems simple to me.

#3662 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

uh, do you have a couple of hundred plays, or 90? 90 is even harder to believe. That can be reset as you know. Does it feel like you played 90 games, or hundreds? With all the complaints, we need to start backing up claims with facts, and not just negative stuff with no details. My playfield chipped ever so slightly at the mothership hole, but barely enough for me to be able to detect it. The type of chipping you are showing is so extreme.
Also, what is the black mark on your shooter lane?

You are first to mention chipping. Time to apologize to him. In his original post he called it wear.

#3663 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

You are first to mention chipping. Time to apologize to him. In his original post he called it wear.

It's not wear man, stop misleading people. We were all talking chipping, and he called it wear, but no wear to be found, and people will think he played 90 games and it resulted in the mess in the picture. Not cool.

#3664 6 years ago

Wear, Chipping, Grinding, Rubbing, Burning, Flakeing Lifting, whatever.... It's a flawed play field period.

#3665 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Next business day when?

Well, in the U.S., the next business day is this Tuesday as Monday is President's Day.

#3666 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Only Stern and JJP does that on a populated playfeild. Seems simple to me.

What does CGC do? Tell their customers to go screw?

#3667 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Fair enough and great question. We all get pm’s from our posts. I have also got a call from the Company asking me not to post even after I changed the topic twice.

If true, the company trying to hide issues by telling people not to share them with the community that may also be affected is not cool.

#3668 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Fair enough and great question. We all get pm’s from our posts. I have also got a call from the Company asking me not to post even after I changed the topic twice. It is important owners and potential owners are aware. I will post all later when I have more time but short story I get to watch it for the next five years. The errors like the shooter lane, putty, clear coat and screen color issues they are calling “Artistic character” on a “natural product” which they think is 100 per cent fine and acceptable. Again do everything quickly on the small stuff and delay on the larger issues. That’s why I have friends just take the loss and sell their games. Others accept it and others like me think it is not right! More to come later!

Can you post this response from CGC?
I am really happy with my LE, but if this was their response to this issue, they will definitely not have me as a customer in the future. There is no way in hell that a playfield filled in with putty in a visible area should have left the factory. I am really hoping that there is a misunderstanding here. That is just not acceptable.

#3669 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Tells them not bad enough to warrant a replacement play field. Planking, color differences, filler, clear coat issues is craftmanship on a natural product which is artistic character and these “are to be expected on a hand made product as each is one of a kind.” Not a manufacture issue under warranty. Warranty on playfeild is only 1 year on LE but that warranty is discretionary.

#3670 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Can you post this response from CGC?
I am really happy with my LE, but if this was their response to this issue, they will definitely not have me as a customer in the future. There is no way in hell that a playfield filled in with putty in a visible area should have left the factory. I am really hoping that there is a misunderstanding here. That is just not acceptable.

I will tomorrow when I have a block of time. A lot of info. By the way the playfeilds are cedar and ash mix from a “secret supply source”.

#3671 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If true, the company trying to hide issues by telling people not to share them with the community that may also be affected is not cool.

That is what made me so mad the more I have thought on it the last few days. Wanting to silent customers has never worked in any industry. The beauty of the internet. I am not stupid as I have 27 games currently and have sold around 75 others to get the games I like and want. I have bought new games from all major manufactures and have encountered issues. I bought the MMR LE and the AFM LE as an orginal owner with matching numbers. I also own both of these in originals which I have been comparing.

#3672 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

That is what made me so mad the more I have thought on it the last few days. Wanting to silent customers has never worked in any industry. The beauty of the internet. I am not stupid as I have 27 games currently and have sold around 75 others to get the games I like and want. I have bought new games from all major manufactures and have encountered issues. I bought the MMR LE and the AFM LE as an orginal owner with matching numbers. I also own both of these in originals which I have been comparing.

One of two things will happen: You'll be exposed as a liar and be called out on it, or, if everything you're saying is true...someone is going to lose a lot of customers. I believe I've said it before that stern will never get another NIB game out of me again. My wallet will also speak out against CGC for future purchases.

#3673 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

One of two things will happen: You'll be exposed as a liar and be called out on it, or, if everything you're saying is true...someone is going to lose a lot of customers. I believe I've said it before that stern will never get another NIB game out of me again. My wallet will also speak out against CGC for future purchases.

Yep I know. I have no reason to be called a liar as it is all verifiable. I was asked to post the info. In the end CGC will have to replace them all as this isn’t going away and more owners have had enough. Some have sold and moved on but others aren’t going away. What experience did you have with Stern? In the end they came through on Ghostbusters replacements after the buzz started to happen. On that one, my GBLE is still perfect. I got lucky but German playfeild protector day 1. On this one I am one of the unlucky owners. I would imagine the warranty replacement issue will change here shortly as people keep noticing the issues and posting. You know CGC/Churchill made Ghostbuster and Walking Dead playfeilds which both are in your previous owned on your profile. I assume it was one of the two or both. Be good to hear your issue or issues you had.

Look at text and pictures to see it in the below link. Walking Dead listed in “the multiple screens for various games” picture and so is GB.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/churchill/index.html

#3674 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Look at text and pictures to see it in the below link. Walking Dead listed in “the multiple screens for various games” picture and so is GB.
http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/churchill/index.html

Off topic, but great article I somehow missed.

#3675 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

In a more polite way yes. They try and convince you that these conditions are normal and just part of a handmade process. Funny, they also claimed that the process was not correctly administered. ?? Mixed signals.... The bottom line is these pf s are either not holding up or look like crap from the start. I wonder how many owners that have grainy wavy play fields were told "oh that's normal" and they believed them and just moved on?

#3676 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Does anybody had any issues with play field wear in the shooter lane? See pics of mine, only have a couple hundred plays and game is less than 6 months old.

Wow ,that lane looks like wood filer with clear coat over it.

#3677 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

In a more polite way yes. They try and convince you that these conditions are normal and just part of a handmade process. Funny, they also claimed that the process was not correctly administered. ?? Mixed signals.... The bottom line is these pf s are either not holding up or look like crap from the start. I wonder how many owners that have grainy wavy play fields were told "oh that's normal" and they believed them and just moved on?

Could someone copy and paste the support thread from a conversation like this with CGC? I'm really curious to read it.

#3678 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Could someone copy and paste the support thread from a conversation like this with CGC? I'm really curious to read it.

It sounds like they were phone conversations so there is nothing to copy or post. I am sure that is all part of the plan.

#3679 6 years ago

Man I hope CGC makes this right or no more games from them. Like some thoughts on my shooter lane as I have never had one that looks like this but don’t have a ton of experience with games either as I’ve been in the hobby for about 6 months. This is how the shooter lane looked when it arrived two weeks ago and I have less than 50 games on it.

400E430B-2672-4570-A869-0FC2942B20A0 (resized).jpeg400E430B-2672-4570-A869-0FC2942B20A0 (resized).jpeg

#3680 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Man I hope CGC makes this right or no more games from them. Like some thoughts on my shooter lane as I have never had one that looks like this but don’t have a ton of experience with games either as I’ve been in the hobby for about 6 months. This is how the shooter lane looked when it arrived two weeks ago and I have less than 50 games on it.

My shooter lane looks similar, and was like that when I got my game 4 months ago. No chipping or wear on mine yet though.

#3681 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

What concerns you about your playfield? It’s hard to see detail in your picture because it’s a little dark.

#3682 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

What concerns you about your playfield? It’s hard to see detail in your picture because it’s a little dark.

Nothing really with the playfield, it’s the shooter lane. Just haven’t noticed one with the coloring like this before.

What is planking?

#3683 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

That is the interesting part. They won’t post on the ticket system thread. You get a call from Doug. Some also Rick (I did not hear from Rick). Some have recorded these conversations. However after legal counsel they were advised that PPS is Nevada and need both people’s permission on phone to record so we’re immediately destroyed. CGC is Illinois which also is a two party consent state. Both of these states are the few that aren’t one party consent record as both have mob ties a long time ago in their history when these laws were created. Slick talking only over the phone to convince no issue. I wish others would post but are afraid. Not worth it in their minds. Take the $1000 to $1300 loss and move on. Then CGC off hook as second owner not covered under warranty.

#3684 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Nothing really with the playfield, it’s the shooter lane. Just haven’t noticed one with the coloring like this before.
What is planking?

That looks normal to me. The shooter lane is deep and cuts though several layers of plywood, what you’re seeing is the different colors of some of the interior layers of plywood.

While my AFM doesn’t look like that, a bunch of my other games do including my recent Mirco CV repro.

vid1900 is usually a great guy to talk about wood and playfields.

#3685 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

What is planking?

Planking is wood grain that starts to show. Can be from poorly prepared wood by lack of sanding or prep. Can be wood humidity was higher than current climate and did not cure/dry correctly. These lines get worse and split apart. In the picture you can’t see the splits like in person. This is not major but come on it is a relatively new game. Anyone have picture of major? I had a TZ that had it major once as game must have been next to a swamp cooler and then had a new home in dry Denver. The CFTBL and other picture are more major. This quote is from a six year old pinside post:

“Here is a pic of someones CFTBL that I found on RGP that has planking. Lenc Smith (LS) pfs are notorious for planking. Some of the worst ones were on TZ. You can spot a LS TZ pf just by looking at the door. TAG and Sun Products (SP) are the prefered pfs to have.”

Notice who they say is the playfeild manufacture to avoid. Lenc Smith now Churchill/CGC. Same building and all.

Topic here in full.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/planking-bsd

4853356B-710A-44DE-AC5C-A3FF810ECCED (resized).jpeg4853356B-710A-44DE-AC5C-A3FF810ECCED (resized).jpeg
E5DF50E8-7F88-4F23-B4D1-3EC581E44437 (resized).jpegE5DF50E8-7F88-4F23-B4D1-3EC581E44437 (resized).jpeg

F911AD78-D222-42EB-881B-899D9F3A3F71 (resized).jpegF911AD78-D222-42EB-881B-899D9F3A3F71 (resized).jpeg
A3209929-2F0D-4124-B8B1-A410CE2E4545 (resized).jpegA3209929-2F0D-4124-B8B1-A410CE2E4545 (resized).jpeg

#3686 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

That is the interesting part. They won’t post on the ticket system thread. You get a call from Doug. Some also Rick (I did not hear from Rick). Some have recorded these conversations. However after legal counsel they were advised that PPS is Nevada and need both people’s permission on phone to record so we’re immediately destroyed. CGC is Illinois which also is a two party consent state. Both of these states are the few that aren’t one party consent record as both have mob ties a long time ago in their history when these laws were created. Slick talking only over the phone to convince no issue. I wish others would post but are afraid. Not worth it in their minds. Take the $1000 to $1300 loss and move on. Then CGC off hook as second owner not covered under warranty.

Interesting.

It would appear CGC and PPS should be avoided if these stories are true.

#3687 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Interesting.
It would appear CGC and PPS should be avoided if these stories are true.

I think he is on to something.

#3688 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I think he is on to something.

Yes, my facetiousness doesn't translate well online.

#3689 6 years ago

Interesting comparing to an original. My game probably had 10000 plays plus but quality of the clear back in the 90's seems way better.

IMG_2575 (resized).jpgIMG_2575 (resized).jpg

#3690 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

The sheer number of questionable characters in this business never ceases to amaze.

#3691 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

The sheer number of questionable characters in this business never ceases to amaze.

I agree with you there. I ordered a part off eBay two weeks ago from a newer pinball seller with free shipping. Once I received it turns out our old friend at MAD amusements as he created a new alias again since most of us avoid from past experience. They sent the wrong colored part. After trying to convince me it was fine I provided original Bally game pictures. They did the right thing in the end. Sometimes just not worth the time. Should have just ordered from Marco and paid the shipping.

#3692 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Interesting comparing to an original. My game probably had 10000 plays plus but quality of the clear back in the 90's seems way better.

Man that is a nice shooter lane!

#3693 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Planking is wood grain that starts to show. Can be from poorly prepared wood by lack of sanding or prep. Can be wood humidity was higher than current climate and did not cure/dry correctly. These lines get worse and split apart. In the picture you can’t see the splits like in person. This is not major but come on it is a relatively new game. Anyone have picture of major? I had a TZ that had it major once as game must have been next to a swamp cooler and then had a new home in dry Denver.

A couple of those Cracks look like they are very close to the wood. That is certainly going to get worse.....

#3694 6 years ago

could it be they used varathane instead of clearcoat? ( like on basketball courts or bowling alleys )

#3695 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Planking is wood grain that starts to show. Can be from poorly prepared wood by lack of sanding or prep. Can be wood humidity was higher than current climate and did not cure/dry correctly. These lines get worse and split apart. In the picture you can’t see the splits like in person. This is not major but come on it is a relatively new game. Anyone have picture of major? I had a TZ that had it major once as game must have been next to a swamp cooler and then had a new home in dry Denver. The CFTBL and other picture are more major. This quote is from a six year old pinside post:
“Here is a pic of someones CFTBL that I found on RGP that has planking. Lenc Smith (LS) pfs are notorious for planking. Some of the worst ones were on TZ. You can spot a LS TZ pf just by looking at the door. TAG and Sun Products (SP) are the prefered pfs to have.”
Topic here in full.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/planking-bsd

Wow nice repost! That TZ looks like an extreme case. (what it ends up looking like)

#3696 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

could it be they used varathane instead of clearcoat? ( like on basketball courts or bowling alleys )

From the playfeild gurus I have talked to no. That is on natural wood colored products as it goes into the wood is what I was told.

#3697 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Does anybody had any issues with play field wear in the shooter lane? See pics of mine, only have a couple hundred plays and game is less than 6 months old.

something badly wrong with that. have you checked the balls?

#3698 6 years ago

back in the 90's we could use serious chemicals. Look at car paint also, my 16 year old M3's paint is better looking than my 15 month old M4.

Neil.

#3699 6 years ago

As a prospective AFMr buyer, this thread has been bringin' me down somewhat lately. Just sayin' (I realize how important this info is to share and I appreciate it as such).

How about a happy post or two to change things up though? Any AFMr buyers still overjoyed with their game and experience with Chicago Gaming?

#3700 6 years ago

This is not good and kind of depressing. I want a new game but i just cant pull the trigger on a 8k game and CGC not stand behind it if i get a bad one. I may just get a BM66, its a theme i love and i hear the game is getting to be pretty awesome right now with the code updates. At least i know Stern will stand behind their product if i have a problem. CGC was awesome when they first started making these games, they would come on here and talk to the people that bought their games etc but now they seem to have disappeared all of the sudden.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/74?hl=dngrwillrobinson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.