pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 212.
#3601 6 years ago
Quoted from misterD:

So, I'm new to this community and wanted to share a couple of pics. I just received my first machine and am super excited -- a NIB AFMRLE! Thanks to mschonbrun for all the advice, help, and pointing me in the right direction... and helping me to spend my $$$ Big shout out to and Suzanne @ Nitro Pinball, too!

Welcome to the club! Can’t wait to play this one in person.

#3602 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Does anybody had any issues with play field wear in the shooter lane? See pics of mine, only have a couple hundred plays and game is less than 6 months old.

I would talk to Doug at CGC about that. I have no idea what would have caused that. Is that black paint? What the heck is that?

#3603 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Issue is if you get one of those bad playfeilds you are on your own. Warranty is very discretionary. CGC warranty system is awesome on minor issues with quick shipping. Bigger items not so good.

I'm sorry about your playfield and I agree it should be replaced since it's not screened correctly. Instead of posting vague information about your issue over and over, could you be more specific about what CGC is or isn't going to do for you. I assume you put a ticket in for replacement. Has CGC given you a direct response yet on resolving the issue and any time frame. I apologize if I missed any of your posts with that information. That would be more helpful to owners and possible future owners. I would be upset if they didn't replace it. I couldn't have that playfield in my game and would do whatever I had to get it replaced. I wish you good luck and hope CGC does the right thing for you.

#3604 6 years ago

Has CGC directly informed any owners of the incorrectly screened (nude replaced orange color) playfields that they WILL or WILL NOT offer replacement playfields?

#3605 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

There is either something seriously wrong with the manufacturing, or you have way more than 200 plays. I can't imagine launching the ball 600 times caused all that damage.

Here’s a pic of my gameplays which audit states at 90 so yes there is something seriously wrong for a pin less than 6 months old and 90 plays.

C53210BC-F71D-4C9A-8966-66CB99029A3A (resized).jpegC53210BC-F71D-4C9A-8966-66CB99029A3A (resized).jpeg

#3606 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Here’s a pic of my gameplays which audit states at 90 so yes there is something seriously wrong for a pin less than 6 months old and 90 plays.

uh, do you have a couple of hundred plays, or 90? 90 is even harder to believe. That can be reset as you know. Does it feel like you played 90 games, or hundreds? With all the complaints, we need to start backing up claims with facts, and not just negative stuff with no details. My playfield chipped ever so slightly at the mothership hole, but barely enough for me to be able to detect it. The type of chipping you are showing is so extreme.

Also, what is the black mark on your shooter lane?

#3607 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

uh, do you have a couple of hundred plays, or 90? 90 is even harder to believe. That can be reset as you know. Does it feel like you played 90 games, or hundreds? With all the complaints, we need to start backing up claims with facts, and not just negative stuff with no details. My playfield chipped ever so slightly at the mothership hole, but barely enough for me to be able to detect it. The type of chipping you are showing is so extreme.
Also, what is the black mark on your shooter lane?

Then don't believe I don't care, I was simply posting to see if anybody else had playfield issues.

#3608 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Then don't believe I don't care, I was simply posting to see if anybody else had playfield issues.

Even after being asked to back up your claim, you won't, so I'm just going to ignore your claim, it's just trolling.

#3609 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I can't imagine launching the ball 600 times caused all that damage.

Wow! The ball typically doesn't even wear the shooter lane much there either! That pf is coming apart right there. That's disturbing!

#3610 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Even after being asked to back up your claim, you won't, so I'm just going to ignore your claim, it's just trolling.

I think the pictures backup his claim

#3611 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

OK but why would someone do that! He needs to open a ticket with CGC if he hasn't already. Then kindly let us know here how that turns out.

#3612 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I think the pictures backup his claim

What are the black marks on the shooter lane? Am I the only one finding it hard to believe 90 games caused that damage, and CGC is not doing anything about it?

#3613 6 years ago

I don’t understand what the black is? The shooter lane is just unpainted clear.

#3614 6 years ago

If you look closely the black is under(whats left of ) the clear and it is a definitive shape trapezoidal ! Its part of that pf shooter lane. It's a question for CGC.

#3615 6 years ago

Looks like wood filler in between the black bits. There no wood grain and it’s a different colour than the rest of the grain. Also looks like there’s no actual damage to the clear. And the most of the area between the black marks is too far up the shooter lane for normal shooter lane wear. Are you sure this isn’t how it came from the factory? In which case it should definitely be going back.

#3616 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

My game is out of service due to worries of further chipping. I need to find time to get all the Cliffys installed.
We should not be having to do this on a game with less than 400 plays.
I was looking at a LOTR pf last night with years of play on it, no protectors at all, and the game was nearly pristine.
CGC needs to do something about this.

Don't worry, this is normal now.

You know what they say, "If it ain't built like shit, it ain't a 2018 NIB pinball machine".

#3617 6 years ago

I am opening a ticket with CGC but I thought I’d check with other owners too to see if anybody else had that this issue. Not sure if I’ll bother updating anybody since BitPatrol accused me of being a troll.

#3618 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Does anybody had any issues with play field wear in the shooter lane? See pics of mine, only have a couple hundred plays and game is less than 6 months old.

Holy fuck!!!! That's absurd!!!!

#3619 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

I am opening a ticket with CGC but I thought I’d check with other owners too to see if anybody else had that this issue. Not sure if I’ll bother updating anybody since BitPatrol accused me of being a troll.

Yep, and I stand by it. Potential buyers are reading theses posts and I wanted to point out that your picture was not believable for reasons I stated, and you chose not to respond, for example, what the black marks are on your shooter lane, why you have wood putty on your shooter lane, why you first stated 'a couple of hundred' games and then showed a board with 90 games. You did not respond when I asked how many games you 'remember' being played on it, anyone would remember the difference between 90 games and hundreds.

You can get mad at me, but I'm calling you out on all this stuff for when others read the posts.

I wish you would post back what you find out from CGC. If your shooter lane looks like that after 90 games, you will surely get a new playfield. Let them know it's so bad, bitpatrol on pinside accused you of trolling.

#3620 6 years ago

could you post some pictures where are your pf`s chipped and weared?

the hol is protected from the factory with a inside protector

don't understand where else

thx
tom

#3621 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Just give Doug a call at CGC. I am sure he will have this taken care of within the next business day.

#3622 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Not sure if I’ll bother updating anybody since BitPatrol accused me of being a troll.

Don't let one person's opinion sway you to do the right thing, especially if you have nothing to hide. Other people need to know what's going on and how it gets handled. It's important to inform and protect others. It's not if there are problems, it's how they are handled. These are just pictures and can look like a lot of things. Your situation needs be investigated and the truth will come out. If you post the findings here we will know that you are sincere with whats happened to your game.

#3623 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Yep, and I stand by it. Potential buyers are reading theses posts and I wanted to point out that your picture was not believable for reasons I stated, and you chose not to respond, for example, what the black marks are on your shooter lane, why you have wood putty on your shooter lane, why you first stated 'a couple of hundred' games and then showed a board with 90 games. You did not respond when I asked how many games you 'remember' being played on it, anyone would remember the difference between 90 games and hundreds.
You can get mad at me, but I'm calling you out on all this stuff for when others read the posts.
I wish you would post back what you find out from CGC. If your shooter lane looks like that after 90 games, you will surely get a new playfield. Let them know it's so bad, bitpatrol on pinside accused you of trolling.

I have a large collection of pins and I’ve only owned this pin since October. I host for family events and a small league occasionally so I wasn’t 100% of the amount of game plays until I checked the audit. I haven’t done a thing to this game since I purchased it so I’m not sure why you think I used wood putty and the black is how it came I’m not sure how other AFM look like. why would I bother trying to repair the play field when its still under warranty. I’ve submitted a ticket and will see what happens.

#3624 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

I’m not sure why you think I used wood putty and the black is how it came I’m not sure how other AFM look like. why would I bother

It's not wood putty. The clear has worn completely away at that spot and that's the bare wood. Your not going to see the same color or grain that why it looks like wood putty. That black portion is very strange right there and does not appear in any game I have seen. Questions for CGC!

#3625 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Are the checks sent to you from CGC made out to bitpatrol?

#3626 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Holy smokes!!!! Did you check and see if you have a ball with a chip in it? That’s the only thing I can think of that would do that to a playfield so quickly.

#3627 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Are the checks sent to you from CGC made out to bitpatrol?

Does that look like an AFMr shooter lane, with a black mark, with all that wear, and only 90 games on it? Something just does not ring true to me.

#3628 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

I have a large collection of pins and I’ve only owned this pin since October. I host for family events and a small league occasionally so I wasn’t 100% of the amount of game plays until I checked the audit. I haven’t done a thing to this game since I purchased it so I’m not sure why you think I used wood putty and the black is how it came I’m not sure how other AFM look like. why would I bother trying to repair the play field when its still under warranty. I’ve submitted a ticket and will see what happens.

Ok, now you let us know it's been used in a small league and for family events. Still 90 games? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but you have to agree something does not sound right with your story.

#3629 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Does that look like an AFMr shooter lane, with a black mark, with all that wear, and only 90 games on it? Something just does not ring true to me.

Hopefully, we will find out, but what is the motivation for the guy to lie?

Maybe chancegino will go radio silent like drewblood did after the issue with the print quality on the MMR inserts.

#3630 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Holy smokes!!!! Did you check and see if you have a ball with a chip in it? That’s the only thing I can think of that would do that to a playfield so quickly.

It's shocking alright! I have had games with chipped balls and nothing like that. The damage would also be wide spread throughout the game. Imagine what the mother ship hole would look like!

#3631 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Maybe chancegino will go radio silent like drewblood did after the issue with the print quality on the MMR inserts

Well we all know what that means don't we......

#3632 6 years ago

I’m finding that damage hard to believe too. There should not be any black, there is nothing under the clear except the wood. Even if there was filler, it would not be black like that. Can you post a full pic of the pf with room lights on and game off. I’d like to see the rest of the game?

#3633 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Hopefully, we will find out, but what is the motivation for the guy to lie?
Maybe chancegino will go radio silent like drewblood did after the issue with the print quality on the MMR inserts.

I'm not sure, but when I asked simple questions, like the ones I listed, he would not give them, so the whole thing to me is suspect. I'm not saying there is no damage, or that he is lying, I'm just asking for facts since this is such a severe case of playfield chipping at 90 plays. I can see why others have had enough with the chipping topic now

#3634 6 years ago

Is anyone playing their games or are we all just wiping them down with a diaper?

Come on folks, let’s see some high scores!!! Anyone attacked Mars today?

#3635 6 years ago

OK Marc, I just shot down 44 cows! how many cows have you guy shot down?

#3636 6 years ago

Not 44! I have some more playing to do to catch up with you!

#3637 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m finding that damage hard to believe too. There should not be any black, there is nothing under the clear except the wood. Even if there was filler, it would not be black like that. Can you post a full pic of the pf with room lights on and game off. I’d like to see the rest of the game?

That is putty. It’s under the clear. There is no chipping. There is no way the owner has done it himself. Looks like there was a fault in the ply that only became obvious after the shooter groove was cut - probably a black knot in the wood - that was filled with putty before it was cleared. Was deemed satisfactory by CGC, but given its location on the shooter lane shouldn’t have been. It was a questionable QC decision is all - happens all the time. No big deal as long as CGC look after him.

I can’t beleive the vitriolic attack on the owner. The guy has a faulty pf. That’s it.

33D426D0-8BED-46C9-B359-C00F5C50F58D (resized).jpeg33D426D0-8BED-46C9-B359-C00F5C50F58D (resized).jpeg

#3638 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

What are the black marks on the shooter lane? Am I the only one finding it hard to believe 90 games caused that damage, and CGC is not doing anything about it?

Guys they won’t do anything about it with a replacement. None of us would be posting if they did. The warranty is discretionary by CGC.

#3639 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I'm sorry about your playfield and I agree it should be replaced since it's not screened correctly. Instead of posting vague information about your issue over and over, could you be more specific about what CGC is or isn't going to do for you. I assume you put a ticket in for replacement. Has CGC given you a direct response yet on resolving the issue and any time frame. I apologize if I missed any of your posts with that information. That would be more helpful to owners and possible future owners. I would be upset if they didn't replace it. I couldn't have that playfield in my game and would do whatever I had to get it replaced. I wish you good luck and hope CGC does the right thing for you.

Fair enough and great question. We all get pm’s from our posts. I have also got a call from the Company asking me not to post even after I changed the topic twice. It is important owners and potential owners are aware. I will post all later when I have more time but short story I get to watch it for the next five years. The errors like the shooter lane, putty, clear coat and screen color issues they are calling “Artistic character” on a “natural product” which they think is 100 per cent fine and acceptable. Again do everything quickly on the small stuff and delay on the larger issues. That’s why I have friends just take the loss and sell their games. Others accept it and others like me think it is not right! More to come later!

#3640 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Fair enough. We all get hate pm’s from our posts. We have also got calls from the Company asking us not to post. It is important owners and potential owners are aware. I will post all later when I have more time but short story I get to watch it for the next five years. The errors like the shooter lane, planking, clear coat issues and screen color issues they are calling “Artistic character” on a “natural product.”

#3641 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That is putty. It’s under the clear. There is no chipping. There is no way the owner has done it himself. Looks like there was a fault in the ply that only became obvious after the shooter groove was cut - probably a black knot in the wood - that was filled with putty before it was cleared. Was deemed satisfactory by CGC, but given its location on the shooter lane shouldn’t have been. It is was an questionable QC decision is all - happens all the time. No big deal as long as GFG look after him.
I can’t beleive the vitriolic attack on the owner. The guy has a faulty pf. That’s it.

They use birch or maple plywood for playfields. No way a black knot like that got through, that’s like C or D grade plywood. Never seen that on either side of any Playfield. I don’t know what it is, but it isn’t a knot. Looks more like tar. Filler I see, but there too, no way that could pass QC. If it did, that is really bad. There’s no hate toward the poster, we or at least I just need more info to understand it. That would have been visible right out of the box.

#3642 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That is putty. It’s under the clear. There is no chipping. There is no way the owner has done it himself. Looks like there was a fault in the ply that only became obvious after the shooter groove was cut - probably a black knot in the wood - that was filled with putty before it was cleared. Was deemed satisfactory by CGC, but given its location on the shooter lane shouldn’t have been. It is was an questionable QC decision is all - happens all the time. No big deal as long as GFG look after him.

The guy claimed that was damage caused by 90 plays. Not cool to spread that kind of false info. Your explanation makes sense. Why did he not tell us that is how it looked when he first uboxed it, and was not in fact caused by playing it. Potential buyers would be mislead into thinking the playfield chipped after 90 days and turned into the mess shown in the picture. If it was my playfield, ( and I had experience with a full collection of pins as the guy does ), I would have complained right away, on the first day, and not confuse this issue with chipping from playing 90 games.

#3643 6 years ago

The black is probably a knot in one of the plys.
I have see that on several B/W playfields it usually black or very dark wood.
Some of the restorers just paint over it and airbrush grain in that area.
It wont affect game play as its harder than the regular wood, but its is unsightly.
The clear might not adhere to it properly due to its hardness so I would put mylar over it or give that area a special treatment.
But if the game is a collectors edition I would at least get a replacement playfield to make the game more collectible.

The blank should have been rejected during a visual inspection or used for a classic version of a game and not a collectors version where appearance is more important.

The same as any of the planking playfields.

#3644 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

The guy claimed that was damage caused by 90 plays. Not cool to spread that kind of false info. Your explanation makes sense. Why did he not tell us that is how it looked when he first uboxed it, and was not in fact caused by playing it. Potential buyers would be mislead into thinking the playfield chipped after 90 days and turned into the mess shown in the picture. If it was my playfield, ( and I had experience with a full collection of pins as the guy does ), I would have complained right away, on the first day, and not confuse this issue with chipping from playing 90 games.

Guys a lot people don’t look that close.

#3645 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Guys a lot people don’t look that close.

Ok, but there is no chipping on his shooter lane, and he looked at it close when he took the picture, no chipping.

#3646 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Ok, but there is no chipping on his shooter lane, and he looked at it close when he took the picture, no chipping.

Most people do not understand what they have when this kind of thing is evident. He asked for assistance in what he was looking at. He used the word chipping, maybe a poor choice of words, It is definitely a flawed pf if I ever saw one.

#3647 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

But if the game is a collectors edition I would at least get a replacement playfield to make the game more collectible.

This is todays wisdom! These LEs are collector games! That's why people buy the LEs.

#3648 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

This is todays wisdom! These LEs are collector games! That's why people buy the LEs.

That’s not why I bought my LE. I just wanted the light show and topper. I don’t expect that the playfield is more perfect. But that’s just me.

#3649 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Seems simple. Call Doug on Monday and have him send out a prepaid return label and container for the defective playfield. Then, after this defective unit has been returned, ship a new populated playfield.

#3650 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That’s not why I bought my LE. I just wanted the light show and topper. I don’t expect that the playfield is more perfect. But that’s just me.

Yes Marc we know, your just a player, we got it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/73?hl=abagwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.