IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 211.
#3251 6 years ago

I just got my LE two days ago. It arrived in perfect shape, great playfield and ball plunges pretty darn good.... I get a 1 in 10 fail rate. I haven’t checked the build date.... where would I find that? I will report back tonight.

#3252 6 years ago

On the back of the game, there’s a white sticker that shows the build date.

#3253 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Don’t do this if the game was produced recently

Lets have some real data on that first before we tell people not to do this.

#3254 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Lets have some real data on that first before we tell people not to do this.

I am unable to figure out how to quote this properly since it’s in the other thread, but in the CGC Production thread, Doug had this to say 51 days ago. New games coming off the line should not need the shooter lane ramps bent. If something isn’t right, opening a ticket is still the right way to go.

Hello Everyone!
This year blew by for me and I can’t believe we are knocking on the door of Christmas / New Year’s 2018. We accomplished many great things at CGC this year. Most notably, I believe we are assembling / shipping an amazing product and we are hitting the promised timelines that we have made. The past many few weeks have insane with all that we have been shipping, considering all the various products that we produce.
Update:
1. Overall our games are performing amazingly. However, there has been a small number of reported concerns, on very recently produced games, of the balls trajectory as is comes out of the shooter lane. This really came to light as people opened tickets and we were able to piece to together the problem. By Monday morning our engineering and production team were working on a fix. Let me be clear, there are no failures; rather, the ball on these games comes out of the shooter lane and does not properly travel to the gate or around the orbiter loop. As mention several times, we work very methodically here at CGC. It might take a few days before we release the correction. Regardless, it will be an easy correction and we will post it on our service portal.

#3255 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I am unable to figure out how to quote this properly since it’s in the other thread, but in the CGC Production thread, Doug had this to say 51 days ago. New games coming off the line should not need the shooter lane ramps bent. If something isn’t right, opening a ticket is still the right way to go.

Hello Everyone!
This year blew by for me and I can’t believe we are knocking on the door of Christmas / New Year’s 2018. We accomplished many great things at CGC this year. Most notably, I believe we are assembling / shipping an amazing product and we are hitting the promised timelines that we have made. The past many few weeks have insane with all that we have been shipping, considering all the various products that we produce.
Update:
1. Overall our games are performing amazingly. However, there has been a small number of reported concerns, on very recently produced games, of the balls trajectory as is comes out of the shooter lane. This really came to light as people opened tickets and we were able to piece to together the problem. By Monday morning our engineering and production team were working on a fix. Let me be clear, there are no failures; rather, the ball on these games comes out of the shooter lane and does not properly travel to the gate or around the orbiter loop. As mention several times, we work very methodically here at CGC. It might take a few days before we release the correction. Regardless, it will be an easy correction and we will post it on our service portal.

Is this just Doug saying that they were going to release the "fix" for it soon....that was the PDF that told us to bend it right? Unless I'm missing it I don't see anything in what you posted about them correcting this issue on the assembly?

#3256 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Is this just Doug saying that they were going to release the "fix" for it soon....that was the PDF that told us to bend it right? Unless I'm missing it I don't see anything in what you posted about them correcting this issue on the assembly?

Yes, the PDF. And as for correcting the issue, does anyone think that they didn’t correct it on the line? If you need to hear it from CGC, that is totally reasonable, and I cannot speak to that.

#3257 6 years ago

I think it is common sense. If you have a launch problem( ball is not making it up to the lanes or around on the Skill Shot) bend the ramp as per CGC. If not do nothing......

#3258 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I just got my LE two days ago. It arrived in perfect shape, great playfield and ball plunges pretty darn good.... I get a 1 in 10 fail rate. I haven’t checked the build date.... where would I find that? I will report back tonight.

January 31, 2018 #652. I am getting a more weak plunges; maybe 25% of the time. Interestingly, all of the auto plunges are strong. This is a great game, high score 3 billion which is good for a hack like me!

#3259 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

January 31, 2018 #652. I am getting a more weak plunges; maybe 25% of the time. Interestingly, all of the auto plunges are strong. This is a great game, high score 3 billion which is good for a hack like me!

I would also check your shooter alignment (ball to shooter solenoid geometry) I had to bend that shooter a bit to get it to hit the ball in the middle. Once I did that, it would launch stronger but then the ball would hit that "speed bump" on launch ramp and hit the wire form even more. Once I bent the speed bump out of the ramp, everything worked normally. Anything less than 100% is unacceptable in my book!

#3260 6 years ago

My build date is 12/27. If I have the correct understanding the problem is with the ball not making it up around the curve when launched? If so it seems to happen on my machine 3-4 times out of ten. Should I bend the ramp to correct this?

#3261 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

My build date is 12/27. If I have the correct understanding the problem is with the ball not making it up around the curve when launched? If so it seems to happen on my machine 3-4 times out of ten. Should I bend the ramp to correct this?

Contact CGC with a support ticket for help.

#3262 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

yes! CGC has a written procedure if you are needing one.

#3263 6 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.

#3264 6 years ago

Is there a reason cgc doesn’t mail out the new production part?

#3265 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Is there a reason cgc doesn’t mail out the new production part?

The bend on the part is a 10 second fix vs waiting for the mail, etc.

#3266 6 years ago

check your balls ladies and gentleman. Mine had a bit of a ding in one - replaced the lot.

Neil.

#3267 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ruh Roh. I TOTALLY recognize the crackling ink on the plastics. They used incompatible inks on the PETG when they screened them, and the ink is now crackling because it didn't "take" to the PET-G plastic. The ENTIRE first run of Shadow Superset plastics I did way back when in 2004-ish had to be recalled, re-run, and replaced (at my expense) for this exact reason. They all started crackling and you could only really see it when they were backlit. It looked EXACTLY like what you have in the picture of the plastics. It will not get better over time, only worse.

I remember that! I thought it was an excellent way to handle that situation, hats off to you Still have my Shadow, too.

#3268 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The bend on the part is a 10 second fix vs waiting for the mail, etc.

It is a quick fix to remove the part just so long as the small screws aren't stripped already. I had to use a dremel to cut a knotch in one screw to remove the screw, that after taking off everything around it. I have decided that every time I remove any of those original #4 Phillips screws from the ramp entrances I will throw it away and replace with one of my own.

#3269 6 years ago

Game pulls up test report at start up and reads check diverter stuck open...anyone have thoughts on how to fix?

#3270 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

yes! CGC has a written procedure if you are needing one.

Anyone have access to this written procedure and can share? I signed up and opened a ticket, looked through their site and couldn’t find it.

#3271 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone have access to this written procedure and can share? I signed up and opened a ticket, looked through their site and couldn’t find it.

Nevermind cgc just emailed the document. Props to them for working on Saturday and quick turnaround.

#3272 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I remember that! I thought it was an excellent way to handle that situation, hats off to you Still have my Shadow, too.

That was a harsh learning experience, but there was no choice about making it right for the people that got defective sets, IMO.

I WISH I still had my Shadow! I made the mistake of selling it after the plastics were done, and when all the plastics were suddenly available to make the machines look like new, prices on The Shadow took off! I do have a CPR Shadow playfield on preorder, so SOMEDAY I will have another perfect Shadow. It's a GREAT game.

#3273 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Game pulls up test report at start up and reads check diverter stuck open...anyone have thoughts on how to fix?

Page 85 and 86 of the manual describe the errors and what has to happen so they don't come up, or how to clear them. If you play a few games, it may go away on it's own.

Quoted from estrader:

Nevermind cgc just emailed the document. Props to them for working on Saturday and quick turnaround.

I'm usually running around noon to midnight everyday. Glad to help.

LTG : )

#3274 6 years ago

I'm a bit embarrassed to say I installed a full playfield protector when I got my AFMrLE a few months ago, and will leave it on. ( total newb move I guess, but I"m leaving it on to protect ) Will any of the playfield issues show themselves even though I have a PP? Like crazing or other issues... I'm thinking maybe I'm masking issues by not playing on it, and am thinking maybe I should find out before the warranty runs out.

Also, I have a blast playing the pinball machine, but I guess I really suck since I never put in my initials. I thought I was doing great with all the lights and sounds effects going off, but not so much... Is there a strategy I should start implementing to get a decent score?

#3275 6 years ago

Speaking of high scores, I can’t seem to be able to erase the high scores that were on the machine at unboxing... can someone direct me ? I checked the manual and coming up empty. I’ll never beat the scores currently on there!

#3276 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

can someone direct me ?

Go into Adjustments, I think the fourth one is HSTD Adjustments. Lower them there. Then reset the high scores.

A.4 11, 12, 13, 14 - page 1-56 in the manual. Back Up High Scores. Lower them then reset high scores.

LTG : )

#3277 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I'm a bit embarrassed to say I installed a full playfield protector when I got my AFMrLE a few months ago, and will leave it on. ( total newb move I guess, but I"m leaving it on to protect ) Will any of the playfield issues show themselves even though I have a PP? Like crazing or other issues... I'm thinking maybe I'm masking issues by not playing on it, and am thinking maybe I should find out before the warranty runs out.
Also, I have a blast playing the pinball machine, but I guess I really suck since I never put in my initials. I thought I was doing great with all the lights and sounds effects going off, but not so much... Is there a strategy I should start implementing to get a decent score?

Leaving the PP on is a mistake. They should be banned...

Learn to play from a master...

http://pinballvideos.com/v/301

snaroff

#3278 6 years ago

Q on the Jet Bumper setting,.. I really want them to bump the ball around as much as possible. I'm a sucker for the sound effects when the jet bumpers fire,.. and I want to get those Super Jets!! Yeah, I know, improve skills, make the shots,.. but fun is important too.

I thought Max would be the right setting for this,.. but I'm now not sure if that is the best approach .. any thoughts? Is it is case of less is more?

#3279 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Leaving the PP on is a mistake. They should be banned...
Learn to play from a master...
http://pinballvideos.com/v/301
snaroff

yep, that video did the trick

#3280 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

yep, that video did the trick

UH you might want to leave that protector on.....

#3281 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Will any of the playfield issues show themselves even though I have a PP?

If you do not have any pf issues now then I would not worry about them showing up under a pf protector. Protectors are controversial on here. (some like em so don't for different reasons) I have one on my CC and it plays just fine, but I don't have one on any of my other games. So don't let anyone try to super impose their opinions on you about protectors. You make the choice if they are worth it or not.

#3282 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

If you do not have any pf issues now then I would not worry about them showing up under a pf protector. Protectors are controversial on here. (some like em so don't for different reasons) I have one on my CC and it plays just fine, but I don't have one on any of my other games. So don't let anyone try to super impose their opinions on you about protectors. You make the choice if they are worth it or not.

I did notice some like and some don't.. I'll leave it on, but the second part of my inquiry is how I'll know if the playfield will show issues if/when I remove the playfield protector outside of the warranty period.

#3283 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So don't let anyone try to super impose their opinions on you about protectors. You make the choice if they are worth it or not.

Such a silly comment, when newbie's ask for advice on all aspects of pinball. How do I learn the rules? How to I fix this or that? What machine should I buy, this vs. that?

PF protectors result in a game that's less enjoyable to play. If you don't believe they negatively effect play, then I don't know what to tell you. Geez...I even hate the way some mylar effects gameplay. After removing the magnet mylar from my Dialed In, the magnet behavior is way more predictable. But don't let us more experienced pinballers super impose our "opinions"

Whatever,

snaroff

#3284 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

PF protectors result in a game that's less enjoyable to play. If you don't believe they negatively effect play, then I don't know what to tell you. Geez...I even hate the way some mylar effects gameplay. After removing the magnet mylar from my Dialed In, the magnet behavior is way more predictable. But don't let us more experienced pinballers super impose our "opinions"
Whatever,

ONCE AGAIN! This is an opinion! Your opinion. Lets let the guy decide for himself huh!

#3285 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Such a silly comment, when newbie's ask for advice on all aspects of pinball. How do I learn the rules? How to I fix this or that? What machine should I buy, this vs. that?
Whatever,
snaroff

I have one from Germany on my mmr, no issues, plays great. It came included with the game, never thought to take it off. I like the idea of several years down the road taking it off and having a brand new pf underneath. It doesnt affect game play at all, at least not that I notice.

#3286 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Whatever,
snaroff

Oh boy

#3287 6 years ago

I was playing a game, had a couple extra balls and finished my second multi-ball when all the balls finally drained.

When the next ball started, the game was not playing like it should feature wise, then I realized instead of being in ball 3, I was in ball 1 of a new game and the score was reset.

Has anyone had that happen to them?

Robert

#3288 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I was playing a game, had a couple extra balls and finished my second multi-ball when all the balls finally drained.
When the next ball started, the game was not playing like it should feature wise, then I realized instead of being in ball 3, I was in ball 1 of a new game and the score was reset.
Has anyone had that happen to them?
Robert

No never. Any chance the start button may have gotten held in by accident?

#3289 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No never. Any chance the start button may have gotten held in by accident?

I was thinking the same thing. Never happened on mine.

#3290 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Playfield protectors suck! Play all funky, look horrible. Why keep the playfield pristine for the next guy? Rip that thing off and enjoy your game.

#3291 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I did notice some like and some don't.. I'll leave it on, but the second part of my inquiry is how I'll know if the playfield will show issues if/when I remove the playfield protector outside of the warranty period.

I would just add cliffy protectors to the game to protect the edges and enjoy the heck out of your game.

#3292 6 years ago

I joined the club yesterday.
B2D4F861-3351-44E9-B79A-1B2D02D69051 (resized).jpegB2D4F861-3351-44E9-B79A-1B2D02D69051 (resized).jpeg

I’m considering a plastic protector set and cliffy’s, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Any advice?

#3293 6 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I joined the club yesterday.

I’m considering a plastic protector set and cliffy’s, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Any advice?

Cliffies for SURE.

#3294 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cliffies for SURE.

SOL & the Moving Target/Mothership?

I wasn’t sure if they would work on the new models. Good to know.

#3295 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Not a newbie mistake I have on two games and while different than without. The protector works! Can take off in minutes. Much harder putting on.

#3296 6 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

SOL & the Moving Target/Mothership?
I wasn’t sure if they would work on the new models. Good to know.

You need to get the ones made specifically for the remake, the originals don't fit right. SoL and Moving Target, Mothership hole at the very least. You could also get the trough protector and the shooter lane protector.

#3297 6 years ago

It’s weird to me that people are SO negative about playfield protectors and so up about cliffys. Don’t get me wrong, I love cliffys, but mostly for already damaged spots. Aren’t these really the same thing? They both change the look and both affect play. I can’t see why having a cliffy over a damaged spot vs over a pristine playfield is really different. I’m choosing to play AFMR with a little mylar in key spots and if damage happens, then I’ll add cliffys. Am I completely alone in this opinion?

#3298 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It’s weird to me that people are SO negative about playfield protectors and so up about cliffys. Don’t get me wrong, I love cliffys, but mostly for already damaged spots. Aren’t these really the same thing? They both change the look and both affect play. I can’t see why having a cliffy over a damaged spot vs over a pristine playfield is really different. I’m choosing to play AFMR with a little mylar in key spots and if damage happens, then I’ll add cliffys. Am I completely alone in this opinion?

You're alone only in that you haven't had a negative experience with these new modern sissified playfield clearcoats yet. You will. It's just a matter of time. They're more brittle somehow and the level of hardiness seems to have little rhyme or reason. Edges are the easiest point of breakage, so covering edges with a cliffy is a smart hedge these days, and they're so thin I don't buy that they affect gameplay enough to matter (except on like KISS where the scoop is designed too small to begin with).

#3299 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I would just add cliffy protectors to the game to protect the edges and enjoy the heck out of your game.

At what price point will cliffy protectors be included, 15K?

#3300 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

At what price point will cliffy protectors be included, 15K?

JJP is now including actual Cliffies from the factory on Dialed In. Just verified that the changeover happened around Jan 30th. It took a while, but it's another industry-leading decision by Jack.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.