IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 211.
#3202 6 years ago

Look what someone left in my garage this afternoon...

4AB17324-6BF1-4A49-B92A-A53BC328B93A (resized).jpeg4AB17324-6BF1-4A49-B92A-A53BC328B93A (resized).jpeg

#3203 6 years ago

aw man , they delivered it to the wrong address ! pm sent with forwarding address ! lol

#3204 6 years ago

I received my new AFMLE today but it arrived broken. One of the black bolts on the side of the cabinet that is attached to a peg that the play field rides along came dislodged Or wasn’t fully tightened during manufacturing. It caused the play field to have no support and stressed the “bracket play field hangers” and both of them have broken. You can see them in the attached picture. This appears to be a manufacturing defect that was exacerbated through shipping.

I was able to find the missing bolt in the bottom of the shipping box and the peg was inside the cabinet. I attached and tightened them and now the play field is sitting correctly in the cabinet. It was very disappointing to see the shoddy workmanship that caused this problem and kind of interesting to see where the brackets failed. It looks like the play field was warped in the cabinet and caused vibrational stress on the brackets which caused them to fail.

CB1E18DD-C663-4609-A72A-75EE1B553882 (resized).jpegCB1E18DD-C663-4609-A72A-75EE1B553882 (resized).jpeg

0D4D781D-8AEC-42B7-95BF-D8D4FE130C44 (resized).jpeg0D4D781D-8AEC-42B7-95BF-D8D4FE130C44 (resized).jpeg

#3205 6 years ago

That sucks man. Sorry that happened. I guarantee Doug at CGC will make it right. It’s amazing what something as simple as a loose bolt can do

#3206 6 years ago

My plastics on my Le are cracking/shrinking not sure what to call it.

How do you open a ticket with CGC?
Anyone?

#3207 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My plastics on my Le are cracking/shrinking not sure what to call it.
How do you open a ticket with CGC?
Anyone?

Create an account here: https://chicagogamingcompany.freshdesk.com/support/login

#3209 6 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I received my new AFMLE today but it arrived broken. One of the black bolts on the side of the cabinet that is attached to a peg that the play field rides along came dislodged Or wasn’t fully tightened during manufacturing. It caused the play field to have no support and stressed the “bracket play field hangers” and both of them have broken. You can see them in the attached picture. This appears to be a manufacturing defect that was exacerbated through shipping.
I was able to find the missing bolt in the bottom of the shipping box and the peg was inside the cabinet. I attached and tightened them and now the play field is sitting correctly in the cabinet. It was very disappointing to see the shoddy workmanship that caused this problem and kind of interesting to see where the brackets failed. It looks like the play field was warped in the cabinet and caused vibrational stress on the brackets which caused them to fail.

This happened to me as well. It was really tough to even pull the glass off, because the playfield was dropped into the cabinet and putting pressure on the glass. It took three of us to pull the glass off and get the playfield back into position to put the bolt back in. We checked the other side and it was loose too.

#3210 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

This happened to me as well. It was really tough to even pull the glass off, because the playfield was dropped into the cabinet and putting pressure on the glass. It took three of us to pull the glass off and get the playfield back into position to put the bolt back in. We checked the other side and it was loose too.

How long did it take to get your replacement parts?

#3211 6 years ago

Luckily for me there were no broken pieces, the side bolt simply came loose and fell out causing the playfield to partially fall into the cabinet.

#3212 6 years ago

Yes, that’s exactly what happened to me, except the support brackets on both the left and right sides of the apron are broken

#3213 6 years ago

Contact Doug at CGC. They should be able to get you fixed up quickly.

#3214 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Guys can you explain more in-depth what bolt comes loose. This will allow us to add to problem list and all can make sure that bolt is tight so it does happen in the future. Who knows mine maybe loose so good to know. Pictures would help.

#3215 6 years ago

if you have a problem open ticket and speak to Doug.

#3216 6 years ago

Here's the bolt that came loose on mine.

20180104_194048 (resized).jpg20180104_194048 (resized).jpg

#3217 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Here's the bolt that came loose on mine

Thanks for posting this mine was loose.

#3218 6 years ago

That’s the same for mine, only mine fell all the way out and was on the left side of the machine.

#3219 6 years ago

I’ve had a very quick response from Chicago Gaming, I should receive the parts tomorrow.

#3220 6 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I’ve had a very quick response from Chicago Gaming, I should receive the parts tomorrow

Very Cool! They are usually pretty snappy with getting things fixed!

#3221 6 years ago

I was playing AFMr tonight and scored 10 billion and change on my first ball. Completed almost everything needed to get to rule the universe. Yep, I thought I was well on my way to a new grand champion score. Two balls later and I didn’t even make it to 11 billion, son of a b****. I love this game but man that’s just not cool.

#3222 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

I was playing AFMr tonight and scored 10 billion and change on my first ball. Completed almost everything needed to get to rule the universe. Yep, I thought I was well on my way to a new grand champion score. Two balls later and I didn’t even make it to 11 billion, son of a b****. I love this game but man that’s just not cool.

What you have just experienced is what I like to call "Attack From Mars".

The same thing happened to me today, although it was 4.5B on ball one, then about 4.6B final score. I also didn't get too close to RTU.

Seriously, though, thank you for sharing, I'm glad it's not JUST me!

#3223 6 years ago

I half expected the coin door to open up and a boxing glove to pop out and punch me in the stones, that would have completed the feeling. Ah well, maybe tomorrow.

#3224 6 years ago

I love this pin so much. It is so brutally hard. It’s downright cruel.

#3225 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Luck for what? I just thought having a simple list of issues will help guys like me who spent all kinds on this thing only to find out there are a bunch of hidden unknowns over and above what someone would usually have to deal with on a brand-new game. I did not know before I purchased this pinball that the payfield would chip so easily, I was sold the idea that AFMr was one of the best if not the best out there. I did not expect my cabinet decals to start cracking, I was sold that CGC has been making cabs for years and not to question the quality. It was the most expensive machine. I did not expect to get left out of the loop on major issues, specially after my dealer would not budge on the price and justified it as "not dealing with a guy in his basement in his underwear". I did not expect to have to resort to taking time out of running my business to investigate and gather information to put my mind at ease that I have not overlooked or missed issues which a seasoned pin guy would see. I can go on and on, but the fact is, I bought a TNA instead of a MMr. At this point, I would not buy another remake from CGC.

Took me a few days to respond to this, sorry for the delay, work got busy. I wish you luck in enjoying your game. That’s it. It’s supposed to be fun and I hope that you can find the joy in it. These days when there’s always something to get upset about in the world, pinball *should* be that tiny pocket of happy that reminds us to have fun. The idea of going through a game looking for issues just doesn’t sound like anyone’s idea of a good time.

You have an LE with a solid warranty and you have a company who is standing by that warranty and a dude in Chicago (Doug) who is going out of his way to help when things come up. So, I think you should play your game and if something comes up, get it fixed.

Marc

#3226 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Took me a few days to respond to this, sorry for the delay, work got busy. I wish you luck in enjoying your game. That’s it. It’s supposed to be fun and I hope that you can find the joy in it. These days when there’s always something to get upset about in the world, pinball *should* be that tiny pocket of happy that reminds us to have fun. The idea of going through a game looking for issues just doesn’t sound like anyone’s idea of a good time.
You have an LE with a solid warranty and you have a company who is standing by that warranty and a dude in Chicago (Doug) who is going out of his way to help when things come up. So, I think you should play your game and if something comes up, get it fixed.
Marc

Why do folks confuse reporting issues with a product as somehow being 'upset' or unhappy with life, or need to be told 'just have fun man! don't worry so much about it'. That is what you would tell a child... Also, how do you know what everyone else's idea of a good time is? how could you possibly know what others want or are thinking? I personally have a blast troubleshooting and striving for perfection. What sucks is not getting straight answers, for example; "Where do I find official notifications for my AFMrLE?"

#3227 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Why do folks confuse reporting issues with a product as somehow being 'upset' or unhappy with life, or need to be told 'just have fun man! don't worry so much about it'. That is what you would tell a child... Also, how do you know what everyone else's idea of a good time is? how could you possibly know what others want or are thinking? I personally have a blast troubleshooting and striving for perfection. What sucks is not getting straight answers, for example; "Where do I find official notifications for my AFMrLE?"

Because his job is to silence anything that CGC/PPS may perceive as negativity.

#3228 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

What sucks is not getting straight answers, for example; "Where do I find official notifications for my AFMrLE?"

You follow CGC_DougS and his posts on Pinside (subscribe to him)

He only posts official updates and doesn’t really ever come here to chit chat. If you wanted an official channel to CGC for relevant info, that’s it as far as I can tell.

#3229 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Yep. It's also true that we all have different thresholds for how much BS we are willing to tolerate. Doesn't mean we aren't having fun...means we have standards. I appreciate folks who aren't shy about discussing quality issues, since it helps the entire community. fwiw, I was one of the first AFMr owners to push for shooter lane and solenoid board fixes with CGC/Doug.

I no longer own my AFMr...invested several weeks back in December iterating with CGC and didn't feel like waiting another 6 weeks for the recent chip update. In today's market, there are many other choices. Since the R&D for a "remake" is substantially less than developing a brand new game, it's unfortunate the electronics and build quality weren't more rock solid out of the gate. Took my 8k invested in AFMrLE and purchased a DILE with 20 plays for $7,750.

snaroff

#3230 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep. It's also true that we all have different thresholds for how much BS we are willing to tolerate. Doesn't mean we aren't having fun...means we have standards. I appreciate folks who aren't shy about discussing quality issues, since it helps the entire community. fwiw, I was one of the first AFMr owners to push for shooter lane and solenoid board fixes with CGC/Doug.
I no longer own my AFMr...invested several weeks back in December iterating with CGC and didn't feel like waiting another 6 weeks for the recent chip update. In today's market, there are many other choices. Since the R&D for a "remake" is substantially less than developing a brand new game, it's unfortunate the electronics and build quality weren't more rock solid out of the gate. Took my 8k invested in AFMrLE and purchased a DILE with 20 plays for $7,750.
snaroff

This is starting to happen a lot now. People are concerned that the remakes are not going to go the distance that the originals did. A couple of sticking points I have heard are the clear coat that is used on the play field is not holding up. I have seen four games now Colorado that have planking. It is concerning because you just do not know if is going to get worse years down the road. The owners of some of these games are panicking and selling them. Other are playing a wait and see attitude to see what CGC is going to do or not going to do. The other concern is the light boards and repairing them down the road. So far the light boards seem to working just fine. I am going to wait and see how things are going to be handled.

#3231 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

out of his way to help when things come up. So, I think you should play your game and if something comes up, get it fixed.
Marc

I think discussing these issues here on this thread is not only important, but necessary. Some guys games are perfect, Great good for you Don't worry be happy! Happy Flipping! Hope your still flipping 10 years down the road! But for some folks things are not up to speed yet. Hopefully these guy's issues will be handled in a timely fashion!

#3232 6 years ago

Irrespective of concerns surrounding this game, I haven't seen the market flooded with people getting out of their AFMRs. Honestly, I was waiting for an influx of machines to hit the market once it was deemed the chip solved the problems. Maybe in the last several weeks I've seen 2 hit the market maybe? To me, it either says one of two things. 1) They're finally fixed and people are enjoying their games, or 2) There is still a watch and wait stance to see if people are going to start posting theirs for sale.

#3233 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

He only posts official updates and doesn’t really ever come here to chit chat. If you wanted an official channel to CGC for relevant info, that’s it as far as I can tell.

Dollars to donuts theyre lurking and watching everything going on. Because they may not post doesn't mean they're not aware of what's being spoken of on the boards.

The "eye" in the internet sky sees all

#3234 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Dollars to donuts theyre lurking and watching everything going on. Because they may not post doesn't mean they're not aware of what's being spoken of on the boards.
The "eye" in the internet sky sees all

That is a fact! Lets see what happens when the smoke clears!

#3235 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You follow cgc_dougs and his posts on Pinside (subscribe to him)

This is just not acceptable in today's world. CGC has a website...that should be ONE of the official means for communicating important information to thier customers. Another avenue of information should be via e-mail to all consumers that registered their products...I own both machines manufactured by CGC and have never received a single e-mail from them regarding known issues with either of their products; my question to CGC isthis: What is the purpose of this registration, if not to alert consumers of known problems and updates?

#3236 6 years ago

I am sometimes getting 4 balls on the multiball mode to obtain jackpot/super jackpot? I thought you are only supposed to get 3 balls. Amyone else experience this?

#3237 6 years ago

You’re getting the super sized multiball, just go with it.

Ok, just kidding. No, I haven’t experienced that but it sure would help my scores to have an extra ball on the multiball.

Now that I think of it. Are you sure it’s happening during multiball and not total annihilation?

#3238 6 years ago

I think you will be awarded a 4 ball multiball if you start multiball during the Martian Attack multiball

#3239 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

I thought you had a lot of issues with your di too, or is this another di you got?

#3240 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is just not acceptable in today's world. CGC has a website...that should be ONE of the official means for communicating important information to thier customers. Another avenue of information should be via e-mail to all consumers that registered their products...I own both machines manufactured by CGC and have never received a single e-mail from them regarding known issues with either of their products; my question to CGC isthis: What is the purpose of this registration, if not to alert consumers of known problems and updates?

Agreed, but you will find that very few people in this industry know how to competently operate a business.

It's akin to the Wild West.

And always pay with Amex when buying a new pinball machine.

#3241 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Agreed, but you will find that very few people in this industry know how to competently operate a business

So it would seem!

#3242 6 years ago

Hi all. Happy to join the club. I'm told my AFMrLE should be leaving the factory tomorrow. Any idea how long I should expect it to take to get to southern California?

#3243 6 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Hi all. Happy to join the club. I'm told my AFMrLE should be leaving the factory tomorrow. Any idea how long I should expect it to take to get to southern California?

A week, give or take. There's some bad weather in the central US.

#3244 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's some bad weather in the central US.

Supposed to be here Saturday!

#3245 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I thought you had a lot of issues with your di too, or is this another di you got?

I did have issues with DI, however they were all mechanical and fairly minor in retrospect (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialing-in-dialed-in-le-96). 0 electrical problems or board failures. Dialing In Dialed in was kind of fun. It's clear that many of my issues were the result of JJP pushing the boundaries...DI is a very loaded game. Considering all of the mechs and fancy ramps/transitions, it's just a harder game to build & tune. OTOH, my AFMrLE woes surrounded shooter lane misfires and flipper board blowups...much more basic failures.

snaroff

#3246 6 years ago

After a basic shooter ramp adjustment and minor pic install, most new AFMr owners are wiping out Martians again!

Thanks CGC and dealers for quick response and turnaround.

#3247 6 years ago

I’m picking mine up tomorrow with the pic 2.0 that I have to install. Any other problems I need to fix that you guys know about? What is the basic shooter ramp adjustment?

#3248 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I’m picking mine up tomorrow with the pic 2.0 that I have to install. Any other problems I need to fix that you guys know about? What is the basic shooter ramp adjustment?

Remove the launch ramp (metal two screws) Bend the ramp at the crease (against the crease essentially smoothing out the bump in the ramp) reinstall. It prevents the ball from jumping off the ramp and hitting the wire form.

#3249 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Remove the launch ramp (metal two screws) Bend the ramp at the crease (against the crease essentially smoothing out the bump in the ramp) reinstall. It prevents the ball from jumping off the ramp and hitting the wire form.

Don’t do this if the game was produced recently. Games coming off the line now do not need that tweak. I don’t have exact dates, but I believe that any game in the last 6 weeks should not need it.

#3250 6 years ago

You may be able to bend the ramp in place, I did. You can use the handle of a screwdriver and push down on the bend until it shoots better. It’s a trial and error type process.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.