pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 212.
#2901 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Snug screws doesn't rule out adjusting the switch.
LTG : )

Agreed. The first time I saw the screws I really tightened them. Worked for one game and problem came back. I talked with my tech and he said to loosen them up a bit and make sure the switch (the part that the ball rolls over) wasn't too low and wasn't too high.
I'm pretty sure the problem is just adjusting that switch in proper position

#2902 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Snug screws doesn't rule out adjusting the switch.

How would I go about adjusting the switch?

#2903 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Agreed. The first time I saw the screws I really tightened them. Worked for one game and problem came back. I talked with my tech and he said to loosen them up a bit and make sure the switch (the part that the ball rolls over) wasn't too low and wasn't too high.
I'm pretty sure the problem is just adjusting that switch in proper position

It seems like I can’t get to switch the bend it where it needs to be. What do you suggest on how to bending it and how much would I bend it? Thanks

#2904 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

It seems like I can’t get to switch the bend it where it needs to be. What do you suggest on how to bending it and how much would I bend it? Thanks

I usually verify the switch isn't firing in test mode. Then I see if pressing the switch down a bit causes it to fire. If so, you've confirmed a minor adjustment is all you need.

snaroff

#2905 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Loosen screws and turn the switch body.

#2906 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I had this exact same issue. Look under the playfield by the mother ship. There is a switch that has two tiny screws. On mine they were very lose and the switch was not making contact. Tighten them but not too tight. In this pic, the screws are in the center, tighten from underneath.
Here is a pic:

Nice photo, but how is that bracket even staying in place with no wood screws in the other two holes?
Makes it look like it is just glued on which I know can’t be the case. Lol.

#2907 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

If you look at the bracket, one of the screw holes is elongated. This is so you can vary the tilt of the switch to raise or lower the switch blade that makes contact with the ball. Adjust the angle of the switch body, then tighten the screws to lock it down.

#2908 6 years ago

We have a few Green LE's in Stock.

www.Greatamericanpinball.com

#2909 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

But when I look at my playfield and see all the vertical lines in it, It just isn't collector quality to me. And I don't think it was intended to be. There is a very large market for this type game. It will be interesting to see if it continues to grow or stagnate and retract.

what are the vertical lines - I don't have vertical lines?

Neil.

#2910 6 years ago

2.0 pics just went out to Great American Pinball customers today.

20180127_140442 (resized).jpg20180127_140442 (resized).jpg

#2911 6 years ago

Just in the house. Love it, but do need adjustment.

930C6078-8221-477A-A77F-2D65A736D778.jpeg930C6078-8221-477A-A77F-2D65A736D778.jpeg

#2912 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you look at the bracket, one of the screw holes is elongated. This is so you can vary the tilt of the switch to raise or lower the switch blade that makes contact with the ball. Adjust the angle of the switch body, then tighten the screws to lock it down.

Ok so should I do the, like yours in your life with the left one lol the way up? Tight fit to get a screw driver done there at the angle where the play field sits on stand

#2913 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Ok so should I do the, like yours in your life with the left one lol the way up? Tight fit to get a screw driver done there at the angle where the play field sits on stand

What?

#2914 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

You may need to try a few different spots. You want it so every time the arm of the switch goes down, you can hear it click.

#2915 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Dunno. Where is the movable screw now? Top? Middle? Bottom? I would GUESS it needs to be more towards the bottom, but I'm guessing blind.

#2916 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get a kit - https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/ AFM or AFMR - same same.
Then as you gain in knowledge and experience, order what you want.

Thanks sir...any pics out there of the various colors? There's some for the green rubbers but that's it on that page, and they don't show the flippers. Really curious as to what the red rubbers look like.
e. Nevermind, looks like I can just go off the colors on here:
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

#2917 6 years ago

Actually better to just ask if any other owners out there have changed out with different colors that wouldn't mind sharing some pics. I remember someone sharing a photo of the glow rubbers if I'm not mistaken.

#2918 6 years ago

Finally! 2 weeks in and I’m the Grand Champion! So close to beating the whole game and conquering Mars! Can’t get enough of this game. And this is pre 2.0 chip. Wonder how that’s gonna change the gameplay.
(Sorry fellows lil excited this is a good score to me )

1F47B5FA-A1F9-41BB-85D5-75F07741D11D (resized).jpeg1F47B5FA-A1F9-41BB-85D5-75F07741D11D (resized).jpeg

#2919 6 years ago

So any consensus on the desired flipper setting with the 2.0 chip.

#2920 6 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

So any consensus on the desired flipper setting with the 2.0 chip.

I worked with a close friend who had a topper issue and got PIC 2.0 as a remedy and we landed on -4 as having the right balance of ramp reach and a lack of air balls.

#2921 6 years ago

All, Here is an interesting find, I had a problem with my drop target under/behind the saucer...(credit dot) switch 77, both the original and the AFMr manuals do not list it correctly as switch 77.....it is not identified correctly...page 2-43 in the AFMr manual, it states drop target(s) there is only one anyway...It really is switch 76 as shown in the manual..but my error code called out switch 77...

Just an FYI.

#2922 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Actually better to just ask if any other owners out there have changed out with different colors that wouldn't mind sharing some pics. I remember someone sharing a photo of the glow rubbers if I'm not mistaken.

Here are a few pics with the Titan GITD. I was hoping they would be closer to the saucer green on the playfield so not sure if they're going to stay.

BTW, the lower of the two rings up by the jet bumpers is identified in the manual as "F" (3/4"), but when I pulled it out it's larger and labeled as a 1".

IMAG1269 (resized).jpgIMAG1269 (resized).jpg

IMAG1270 (resized).jpgIMAG1270 (resized).jpg

IMAG1273 (resized).jpgIMAG1273 (resized).jpg

#2923 6 years ago

Thank You for posting this!

#2924 6 years ago

Given the recent issues with this game and / or in general, do you see an advantage to having a distributor in close proximity to you or is their role handled adequately from “Anywhere USA”?

#2925 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Given the recent issues with this game and / or in general, do you see an advantage to having a distributor in close proximity to you or is their role handled adequately from “Anywhere USA”?

I’ve read this thread pretty thoroughly and the core issues have centered around shooter launch or flipper which now have a universal fix.
Most of the rest have been game adjustments or protection considerations that are pretty universal for new games today and to pinball in general.

Supporting a knowledgeable, reputable local dealer is ideal, but I’ve had success with several others across the country. Turn in your CG warranty card and you should be good anywhere in the USA.

#2926 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

There is always an advantage in having a local dealer. It really depends on what kind of local support you need. If you can fix and adjust your own game, order parts or mods online then you don't need to depend heavily on your dealer. Otherwise they are a lifeline. This machine does not really need lots of dealer support. Once it is setup and adjusted, it's good to go.

#2927 6 years ago

Input is much appreciated, thanks! The closest dealer is 3 hours away, not exactly local , and doesn’t have my first choice of LE finish available, thus my question.

#2928 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’ve read this thread pretty thoroughly and the core issues have centered around shooter launch or flipper which now have a universal fix.
Most of the rest have been game adjustments or protection considerations that are pretty universal for new games today and to pinball in general.
Supporting a knowledgeable, reputable local dealer is ideal, but I’ve had success with several others across the country. Turn in your CG warranty card and you should be good anywhere in the USA.

Vino whst is ball launch issue. Without going through entire thread. My friends afmr he said ball will sometimes not shoot cleanly all the way up. Ramp issue? Thx

#2929 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Thanks sir...any pics out there of the various colors? There's some for the green rubbers but that's it on that page, and they don't show the flippers. Really curious as to what the red rubbers look like.
e. Nevermind, looks like I can just go off the colors on here:
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

Pics with green translucent rubbers. Also green backboard leds, blue trough leds, which is when I changed the flipper rubbers to blue trans to get them to glow like pf. Lermods leds, all I can say is wow, and Lermods are legends for service and that’s from Australia. Comet bumper rings, white underneath, red on top.
Project finished. Freaking beyond anything I have ever seen.

8E3ED74C-6632-47A3-B7D4-8277B92EAEE8 (resized).jpeg8E3ED74C-6632-47A3-B7D4-8277B92EAEE8 (resized).jpeg

D01362BE-0FDA-4009-AEE9-9456ECAFB6CA (resized).jpegD01362BE-0FDA-4009-AEE9-9456ECAFB6CA (resized).jpeg

D1888CC7-36A8-4A08-86D3-4F07A9285289 (resized).jpegD1888CC7-36A8-4A08-86D3-4F07A9285289 (resized).jpeg

B7716245-F8F2-4834-84EA-9A391C098DDC (resized).jpegB7716245-F8F2-4834-84EA-9A391C098DDC (resized).jpeg

488C87F0-24D1-4227-8417-08A3CED02393 (resized).jpeg488C87F0-24D1-4227-8417-08A3CED02393 (resized).jpeg

#2930 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Pics with green translucent rubbers. Also green backboard leds, blue trough leds, which is when I changed the flipper rubbers to blue trans to get them to glow like pf. Lermods leds, all I can say is wow, and Lermods are legends for service and that’s from Australia. Comet bumper rings, white underneath, red on top.
Project finished. Freaking beyond anything I have ever seen.

Thanks for the pics guys....TOLLS where did you buy these green translucent ones at? I don't see any translucent green ones on the Titan website.

#2931 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Thanks for the pics guys....TOLLS where did you buy these green translucent ones at? I don't see any translucent green ones on the Titan website.

From a place in Melbourne, I just found by google.
The brand is “Superbands” great to play with.

#2932 6 years ago

I’m pretty sure you can get the green translucent rubbers from pinball life.

#2933 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Unless your a total n00b or repair-phobic, Anywhere, USA is fine.

#2934 6 years ago

Just got strobe pinball with new LEDs as above. Had to share. Picture doesn’t do justice but shows the idea.

C264732A-11F6-4162-A548-F48497792EF2 (resized).jpegC264732A-11F6-4162-A548-F48497792EF2 (resized).jpeg

#2935 6 years ago

Strobe multiball must be played in absolut darkness

#2936 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Just got strobe pinball with new LEDs as above. Had to share. Picture doesn’t do justice but shows the idea.

Thats not strobe mb with all that extra lighting... defeats the purpose .

#2937 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Strobe multiball must be played in absolut darkness

is it possible to do this on AFMR? It seems my backbox stays on? Now I forget....must play it again...

#2938 6 years ago

Yes, you can turn it out in the cgc menu

#2939 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

From a place in Melbourne, I just found by google.
The brand is “Superbands” great to play with.

Was able to find them by googling "green translucent superbands", they are on Pinball Life like DngrWillRobinson said...thanks for the input guys:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3172
Last question then is are these a different feel from using Titan rubbers or are they identical? Dngr I know you said that the Titans made a world of difference in how the machine played and that you(like me)weren't very happy with the feel/trapping of the standard flipper rubbers. I was going to get Titan due to your opinion but they don't have this green translucent color that I like. If Superbands is an entirely other style of rubber then I'll just get a different color in the Titan.

#2940 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Was able to find them by googling "green translucent superbands", they are on Pinball Life like DngrWillRobinson said...thanks for the input guys:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3172
Last question then is are these a different feel from using Titan rubbers or are they identical? Dngr I know you said that the Titans made a world of difference in how the machine played and that you(like me)weren't very happy with the feel/trapping of the standard flipper rubbers. I was going to get Titan due to your opinion but they don't have this green translucent color that I like. If Superbands is an entirely other style of rubber then I'll just get a different color in the Titan.

Pinball life only sells the flipper rubber super bands and not other sizes rings ,terry does sell clear translucent rubber rings that I have on a few games but you need to go to ct or Marco for the super bands in green translucent,ct is cheeper but these super bands are very expensive but the only game in town for the desired effect,also they are made from poly and some have said they feel dead compaired to rubber bands

#2941 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Last question then is are these a different feel from using Titan rubbers

Yes they are. I went from Superbands to Titan. Titan rubber is different. The Titan rubbers trap better by providing less bounce back when the ball hit the flipper bat. The Superbands when the ball hits the flipper can bounce into the outlane.

#2942 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yes they are. I went from Superbands to Titan. Titan rubber is different. The Titan rubbers trap better by providing less bounce back when the ball hit the flipper bat. The Superbands when the ball hits the flipper can bounce into the outlane.

I did the same. I had the translucent green Superbands and switched to grey Titan. I personally liked the look of the Superbands but HATED the way they played. From now on its only Titan for me. I have ordered translucent green flipper bats and plan to use with clear Titans.

#2943 6 years ago

Has anyone installed a speaker light kit for the classic yet . I contacted Pinball Bulbs Co. and they didn't think theres would work on the remake . Might be a do it yourself project so just wondering if any of you guys have done it yet .

#2944 6 years ago

Thanks again all, Titan it is.

#2945 6 years ago

Just got word from my dealer that the PIC 2.0 is headed my way. So far very impressed with the way this has been handled.

#2946 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Has anyone installed a speaker light kit for the classic yet . I contacted Pinball Bulbs Co. and they didn't think theres would work on the remake . Might be a do it yourself project so just wondering if any of you guys have done it yet .

You might want to ask Chris at Rock Custom Pinball. He has speaker lights for MMr and it looks like the speaker panels might be the same for it and the AFMr classic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1015-rock-custom-pinball/00738-mmr-speaker-lights

#2947 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just got word from my dealer that the PIC 2.0 is headed my way. So far very impressed with the way this has been handled.

Still no word from my dealer, no email nothing... Next time, I buy from Tommy at Nitro.

#2948 6 years ago

Recieved my pic2.0 from ct a few days ago,installed and ready to play.excellent customer service as usual.

#2949 6 years ago

Still waiting to hear something from automated....nothing yet.

#2950 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Still waiting to hear something from automated....nothing yet.

Nope, nothing here either beyond April noting I was on her list...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 79.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/59?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.