pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 212.
#2701 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Being denied by the distributor makes total sense. That's "normal". I bet if you work directly with CGC they will take care of you.
Since all the games have a build date, seems like the warranty should be based on time, not owner. Period.
snaroff

I was just following the policy CGC set by contacting the distributor. Giving CGC a shot directly after being told this is more like a recall on the PIC chip.

And see above, making a transferrable warranty a selling point of the LE level would turn a major CGC negative into a positive.

#2702 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was just following the policy CGC set by contacting the distributor. Giving CGC a shot directly after being told this is more like a recall on the PIC chip.
And see above, making a transferrable warranty a selling point of the LE level would turn a major CGC negative into a positive.

They should make the warranty transferrable across models. The LE already has warranty perks over the other models...

snaroff

#2703 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was denied by the distributor (not one I've ever used, the one that sold this to this original owner), citing CGC policy. However, I've now been told to contact CGC directly since this PIC thing is more like a recall and they'll handle it. I'll report back.

OK. That makes more sense. I was under the impression that CGC was the one that denied you. I would be shocked if they don’t help you. Let us know.

#2704 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

They should make the warranty transferrable across models. The LE already has warranty perks over the other models...
snaroff

Yes, but worthless perks for the 2nd and 3rd owner across the line. My point was if they don't want to do the RIGHT thing and extend it across the line, they could make warranty extension another LE perk that would make it much more attractive, preserving resale value for the owner, too.

#2705 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP outside warranty, second owner with that part failure, I can see. The bad DMD was probably the batch that was known to have issues and was more like a silent recall, so that may be why you got that. Were you 2nd owner on the Stern, too?
I'm talking about 2nd and 3rd owner IN warranty, WELL within the CGC 2 year "warranty". No excuse compared to their peers.

Yes second owner with stern.

#2706 6 years ago

Just got my le. Topper is working perfect so far. My skillshot and super skillshot plunges are getting jammed up around the pops most of the time and not shooting thru nicely. Had several balls fall off the wireform after shooting the light lock shot too. Will the new PIC fix these issues? Havent had any airballs and flipper strength doesn't seem excessive.

Did anyones flippers ship a bit low? Mine did. Not as bad as gb shipped but definitely a bit low. Ok for a papa tournament but not for at home.

850/1000 btw

#2707 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Just got my le. Topper is working perfect so far. My skillshot and super skillshot plunges are getting jammed up around the pops most of the time and not shooting thru nicely. Had several balls fall off the wireform after shooting the light lock shot too. Will the new PIC fix these issues? Havent had any airballs and flipper strength doesn't seem excessive.
Did anyones flippers ship a bit low? Mine did. Not as bad as gb shipped but definitely a bit low. Ok for a papa tournament but not for at home.
850/1000 btw

The shooter issues are likely to be the ramp - I had to adjust mine, as did many others. CGC have a guide to follow - you can file a ticket with them for that, or head over the AFMR technical thread that has a link to it. From what I've read the new PIC will simply allow you to adjust your flippers etc to the desired strength without blowing the driver board - which might help with balls coming off the wireforms - I've had that a couple of times, but not too concerned about it thus far. The shooter fix was the important one for me.

#2709 6 years ago

My very first pinball machine and I must say I don’t think I could have picked a better one to start with. 658 of 1000

DE37EFB4-575C-429F-B146-652DD6E90FFD (resized).jpegDE37EFB4-575C-429F-B146-652DD6E90FFD (resized).jpeg

#2710 6 years ago

Have a couple questions wonder if any of you guys can help me out with.
(1) Is it hard to get video mode on this machine? Had the game for about week now and not one video mode. And I love video mode.
(2) Are you having a lot of air balls with you machine? Notice I get a lot.
And (3) Any of y’all having trouble losing ball coming down left rail . Mine sometimes pops out at bottom and I lose ball. So damn frustrating.
I’m a newbie so Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2711 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Have a couple questions wonder if any of you guys can help me out with.
(1) Is it hard to get video mode on this machine? Had the game for about week now and not one video mode. And I love video mode.
And (3) Any of y’all having trouble losing ball coming down left rail . Mine sometimes pops out at bottom and I lose ball. So damn frustrating.
I’m a newbie so Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contact your dictributor. There is an upgraded chip for the game that fixes an issue related to coil strength. It’s a chip you replace in the backbox of the machine. Once installed, you can lower the power of the flippers down to -4 or -5 in the CGC menu that should reduce the air balls and ramp fly offs.

You’re asking for a PIC 2.0 replacement chip.

#2712 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Is it hard to get video mode on this machine? Had the game for about week now and not one video mode. And I love video mode.

The video mode is a random (luck sack) mode from the SOL. From my experience it has been a bit more illusive then other luck items such as the start attack wave, hold bonus and luck points. Just remember that when the cows come up on Big O Beam and Tractor Beam to hit your launch button! Then when you finally get your video mode, you get a surprise!
I would check your left wireform side adjustment Make sure the ball is being dropped straight down on the inlane and not hitting the rail.

#2713 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

My very first pinball machine and I must say I don’t think I could have picked a better one to start with. 658 of 1000

Congrats. If I could have only one game in the entire world (and that’s pretty much the case now) it’d be this one.

#2714 6 years ago

I’m trying to do the underlighting like Wthrs and Lermods have given such great instructions for but I’m having trouble finding the right .062 4 pin square molex connectors they used. One used Marco and the other GLE but on their sites I can’t find them. Maybe I’m just blind.

#2715 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

I’m trying to do the underlighting like Wthrs and Lermods have given such great instructions for but I’m having trouble finding the right .062 4 pin square molex connectors they used. One used Marco and the other GLE but on their sites I can’t find them. Maybe I’m just blind.

Here:

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=03-06-2044

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=03-06-1044

If you’ve never worked with pins before, this is not the size to learn with. Pins this size are very small, making crimping more challenging.

Happy to help with questions, or you can get them on our site.

#2718 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

You have chosen well....would be really hard to debate this being one of the best machines in a 1 pin setup......strong warning however, it's a contagious disease...soon enough..."just one more game and I'm done" will creep into your vocabulary.....enjoy!!!!

#2719 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Geeze, that was fast and easy. Really, I did try and look myself. Lol. Thx.

Hey Miknan, You might try soldiering those pins to the wires instead of crimping. I had to do that because I am blind in one eye. (cant see out of the other)
Those pins are small man.

#2720 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Congratulations! You’ve made a great choice. Enjoy your new machine!

#2721 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here:
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=03-06-2044
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=03-06-1044
If you’ve never worked with pins before, this is not the size to learn with. Pins this size are very small, making crimping more challenging.
Happy to help with questions, or you can get them on our site.

Thx for posting this.

#2722 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

The video mode is a random (luck sack) mode from the SOL. From my experience it has been a bit more illusive then other luck items such as the start attack wave, hold bonus and luck points. Just remember that when the cows come up on Big O Beam and Tractor Beam to hit your launch button! Then when you finally get your video mode, you get a surprise!
I would check your left wireform side adjustment Make sure the ball is being dropped straight down on the inlane and not hitting the rail.

Is there a certain amount of points neede to get video mode. Just weird I’ve had it bout week been playing it a lot and still no video mode. Maybe it’s my sorry gameplay lol

#2723 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You have chosen well....would be really hard to debate this being one of the best machines in a 1 pin setup......strong warning however, it's a contagious disease...soon enough..."just one more game and I'm done" will creep into your vocabulary.....enjoy!!!!

Trust me it’s already happening. I can’t even walk by it without playing “one” game lol.
Love this machine. Best investment I’ve made

#2724 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Contact your dictributor. There is an upgraded chip for the game that fixes an issue related to coil strength. It’s a chip you replace in the backbox of the machine. Once installed, you can lower the power of the flippers down to -4 or -5 in the CGC menu that should reduce the air balls and ramp fly offs.

Thanks messaged my seller now. Waiting on a response.

#2725 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

To recap. If you're not the original owner, you're screwed as of this moment.

Contacted distributor. Denied.

Contacted CGC. Crickets.

Just released CGC facebook post says CGC will not be sending PIC chips out directly.

Still hoping CGC does the right thing, but not looking good for non-original owners still in the machine's warranty period. This silent recall aside, CGC absolutely has the worst warranty policy for second and third owners of their very expensive machines. JJP and even Stern are better.

#2726 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Contacted CGC. Crickets.
Just released CGC facebook post says CGC will not be sending PIC chips out directly.
Still hoping CGC does the right thing, but not looking good for non-original owners still in the machine's warranty period. This silent recall aside, CGC absolutely has the worst warranty policy for second and third owners of their very expensive machines. JJP and even Stern are better.

Can't imagine the new chip is very costly, so I'm missing the financial hardship of "doing the right thing" and supporting secondary owners. I guess it's conceivable they don't want to set a precedent like Stern/JJP? Who knows. I'm hopeful they are just overwhelmed and will reach out to you soon.

snaroff

#2727 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Contacted CGC. Crickets.

You need to take a deep breath as this will all work out.

CGC was at the European show this week and is likely traveling back to the US now. Give them a minute to respond, please.

#2728 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Marcos definitely have them - I placed an order the other day for various bits including the plugs etc to do the undercab lighting. Parts:

5791-10774-00
5792-10775-00
CT062F
CT062M

#2729 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

I placed an order the other day for various bits including the plugs etc to do the undercab lighting. Parts:

You guys wont regret this. It's an amazing light show that's second to none!

#2730 6 years ago

So my wife was vacuuming and she accidentally hit the cab. What's you guys suggestions on how to fix this.

20180120_165601 (resized).jpg20180120_165601 (resized).jpg

#2731 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

So my wife was vacuuming and she accidentally hit the cab. What's you guys suggestions on how to fix this.

Get rid of her

#2732 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Dam decals......

#2733 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Ouch. It’s hard to tell from that image; is the decal ripped?

#2734 6 years ago

Confused how hitting the cab would cause that damage...

#2735 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

#2736 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Ouch. It’s hard to tell from that image; is the decal ripped?

Unfortunately it dont take much to damage some decals ....

#2737 6 years ago

Order a decal set and redecal...... Thats about the only way its gonna look perfect.

#2738 6 years ago

New decals and a new wife.

Also vacuum your own games room from now on.

#2739 6 years ago

This is not a suggestion Mike!

#2740 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

What's you guys suggestions on how to fix this.

I guess it depends on what you consider fixed and if that is a chunk of cabinet missing or piece of the decal. The best that I can think of (beyond replacing that cabinet decal) is to take the piece of the decal, glue it back in there and touch it up with a black sharpie. Wont be perfect but it might make it so you don't notice it if you don't know it is there.

#2741 6 years ago

Wow, Is anyone else wondering if the vacuum did that or did his wife finally build an atomic blaster?

#2742 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Wow, Is anyone else wondering if the vacuum did that or did his wife finally build an atomic blaster?

Or the big-o-beam misfired.

#2743 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Is there a certain amount of points neede to get video mode. Just weird I’ve had it bout week been playing it a lot and still no video mode. Maybe it’s my sorry gameplay lol

Stroke of Luck will award Video Mode as the next reward after Super Jets has been completed.

#2744 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

double-you-tee-eff. 'accidentally'

#2745 6 years ago

Just Got my LE Afm #842 no major issues so far just at one time today when i turned on the game to play my flippers were really weak and not able to flip the ball up to the top on the playfield. fix for me was to just restart the machine and is working great again. anyone else have this issue at all?

#2746 6 years ago
Quoted from Applewood:

anyone else have this issue at all?

Not that I've heard of. Leave flippers at default settings until or unless you have the V 2.0 chip on the driver board in the head.

LTG : )

#2747 6 years ago

So today I realize on I’m getting a lot of dimples on my play field. Pissing me off. Is this normal? Anybody else having problems with the play field bubbling up? To me it’s making the game look ugly. Anyway to fix this? Help!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2748 6 years ago

Steel ball vs plywood with a poly coating, steel ball wins. Yes, this is normal.

#2749 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Put another pinball next to it on that side

#2750 6 years ago

Anyone else getting ghosting leds when they complete some of the rtu inserts?

B9FE8746-3CD9-4437-9CEA-EE7F42893193 (resized).jpegB9FE8746-3CD9-4437-9CEA-EE7F42893193 (resized).jpeg

1B1AAE18-E2D4-4326-A7B1-7DCC846E4743 (resized).jpeg1B1AAE18-E2D4-4326-A7B1-7DCC846E4743 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 79.00
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/55?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.