IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 211.
#2551 6 years ago

There's no way he has 300 in stock.

#2552 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I was not notified by anyone that my AFMrLE had defective flipper firmware, and when I opened a ticket, I was told my dealer should have contacted me. Did anyone else get overlooked when it came to being notified of the flipper default setting? Are there any other notices I should be aware of? My dealer was Player One in Canada.

My dealer at Hemispheres Amusements in IL sent me an email with the CGC statement. Tried a few games with the default flipper strength and every single clean lock shot went flying off the rail and into the outlane/shooter....machine is getting left alone sadly until the fix.

#2553 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

It should be simple, everyone that has sent in their warranty card is eligible for the software upgrade.

Speaking of which ... IMHO anyone that sent out a warranty card should not have to do anything as CGC should send them these parts with no need to go through a distributor, after all isn't that the purpose of sending in your registrations?

#2554 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Been playing around with them and can’t quite see what they are doing. Gone all the way from fairly tight to very loose. This is the kind of sh!T I didn’t expect to have to deal with. Moral of the story, buy local next time and have them set it up.

I would be shocked if any local distributors would performed this adjustment when they set up the machine.

#2555 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its not too bad of an adjustment.
Make is so that the lockdown bar installs easily.
Then turn each screw 1/2 turn and check the tightness of the bar.
Do this a few times until you are happy with the tightness.

You should be happy just to have this adjustment; before Stern stopped using lockdown bars, they swapped to a lockdown bar that was not adjustable...so if its not tight, that's just the way it is.

Yes there is a little Stern bashing here and they deserve it for removing the lockdown and maintenance rails.

#2556 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

There's no way he has 300 in stock.

Lets hope not!

#2557 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Speaking of which ... IMHO anyone that sent out a warranty card should not have to do anything as CGC should send them these parts with no need to go through a distributor, after all isn't that the purpose of sending in your registrations?

Agree. Now it’s time to see which distributors step up and notify their customers.

#2558 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Agree. Now it’s time to see which distributors step up and notify their customers

My dealer didn't even know what I was talking about when I called him. He told me that CGC was facilitating all of it directly! Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I don't know what to believe anymore!

#2559 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My dealer didn't even know what I was talking about when I called him. He told me that CGC was facilitating all of it directly! Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I don't know what to believe anymore!

Who is your distributor?

#2560 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

You should be happy just to have this adjustment; before Stern stopped using lockdown bars, they swapped to a lockdown bar that was not adjustable...so if its not tight, that's just the way it is.
Yes there is a little Stern bashing here and they deserve it for removing the lockdown and maintenance rails.

I use to think the new, non-adjustable hinges were a step back, however all my Sterns with the 2-hinge mech work flawlessly. So while I bitched initially, I'm a convert. I'm curious, have you actually had a Stern with the new mech fail on you? All my B/W lockdown bars feel different even when dialed in...it may be adjustable, but the B/W lockdown mechanism is far from perfect.

I agree Stern's decision to remove the maintenance rails (on the Pros) was a huge slap in the face. I've been lobbying Stern to stop shipping the pegs for years. I'm hopeful they will unify around the rails again soon.

In any event, the Stern missteps are minor compared with all the issues discussed in this thread (blown boards, flippers that throw the ball around uncontrollably, flippers that lack any B/W feel whatsoever, shooter lane issues, VUK adjustments, topper failures, lockdown bar adjustments, etc.). Not claiming all AFMr's exhibit these issues, but quite a few do...

snaroff

#2561 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I use to think the new, non-adjustable hinges were a step back, however all my Sterns with the 2-hinge mech work flawlessly. So while I bitched initially, I'm a convert. I'm curious, have you actually had a Stern with the new mech fail on you? All my B/W lockdown bars feel different even when dialed in...it may be adjustable, but the B/W lockdown mechanism is far from perfect.
I agree Stern's decision to remove the maintenance rails (on the Pros) was a huge slap in the face. I've been lobbying Stern to stop shipping the pegs for years. I'm hopeful they will unify around the rails again soon.
In any event, the Stern missteps are minor compared with all the issues discussed in this thread (blown boards, flippers that throw the ball around uncontrollably, flippers that lack any B/W feel whatsoever, shooter lane issues, VUK adjustments, topper failures, lockdown bar adjustments, etc.). Not claiming all AFMr's exhibit these issues, but quite a few do...
snaroff

Idk. I love my afmr despite a launch problem. And I follow the Star Wars (Stern) thread and there have been plenty of problems discussed there. Very similar stuff.

#2562 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Hope your dealer wasn’t Game Exchange. If it was, thanks for alerting them to the issues.

#2563 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Who is your distributor

I am not going to discuss that here. It's not his fault. They are just as in the dark as the rest of us on this. I agree with Pin_Guy . They should just ship the pics to the folks that filled out and turned in their warranty card! Sheesh!

#2564 6 years ago

Update on topper and flipper power: I installed the 2.0 chip and topper works 100%. Flipper strength was still a little too much so dialed it back to -4 which is a perfect blend of ball control, speed, lack of airballs, lack of rail jumping, and lack of SOL hit kickouts. Trough kickout increased to +1.

Super skill shot works 100% and is pretty strong (might need to dial back the plunger strength a little.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the customer service I have received and now that the topper is working...WOW! That alone makes the LE worth the money in my opinion.

#2565 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I am not going to discuss that here. It's not his fault. They are just as in the dark as the rest of us on this. I agree with Pin_Guy . They should just ship the pics to the folks that filled out and turned in their warranty card! Sheesh!

I was just curious if we had the same distributor.

#2566 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I would be shocked if any local distributors would performed this adjustment when they set up the machine.

I disagree. My local vendor who I didn't go through for my AFR provided very good service setting up new MET. I would of noticed it immediately and said something. If you know what you are doing it sounds like an easy adjustment. I think they would of but I guess we'll never know.

#2567 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Overall, I'm very impressed with the customer service I have received and now that the topper is working...WOW! That alone makes the LE worth the money in my opinion.

Did you request the new chip or was it sent to you for the topper issue. Sounds like this is what everyone with issues needs.

#2568 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Did you request the new chip or was it sent to you for the topper issue. Sounds like this is what everyone with issues needs.

I put in a ticket that my topper wasn't working and they immediately sent me PIC version 2 and an extraction tool. Fixed my topper issue.

#2569 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Update on topper and flipper power: I installed the 2.0 chip and topper works 100%. Flipper strength was still a little too much so dialed it back to -4 which is a perfect blend of ball control, speed, lack of airballs, lack of rail jumping, and lack of SOL hit kickouts. Trough kickout increased to +1.
Super skill shot works 100% and is pretty strong (might need to dial back the plunger strength a little.

This is great news for the folks that have issues. I am sure that everyone with issues will soon be taken care of.

#2570 6 years ago

Has anyone of you ever bought a new vehicle? I have and there were recalls and etc. It's expected and afm le had some problems but cgc was right on the ball. Totally pleased with cgc and the pin.

#2571 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Has anyone of you ever bought a new vehicle? I have and there were recalls and etc. It's expected and afm le had some problems but cgc was right on the ball. Totally pleased with cgc and the pin.

yes, but some of us were never notified to stop playing at -20 flipper power. It's like buying a new car, not getting the recall notice, and being told by the manufacturer that the dealer is responsible, but the dealer not sending the notice or stating the manufacturer was responsible. Everyone expects mistakes, but we need stuff like this improved upon so feedback is the best medicine. Maybe your dealer did their job, but some of us bought from the BIGGEST dealer and got f-all.

#2572 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

yes, but some of us were never notified to stop playing at -20 flipper power. It's like buying a new car, not getting the recall notice, and being told by the manufacturer that the dealer is responsible, but the dealer not sending the notice or stating the manufacturer was responsible. Everyone expects mistakes, but we need stuff like this improved upon so feedback is the best medicine. Maybe your dealer did their job, but some of us bought from the BIGGEST dealer and got f-all.

Good points. No doubt the manufacturer/distributor communication channels need to work (and Stern, JJP, and CGC all have slightly different cultures and processes).

The "cargument" makes no sense on many levels. If my car wasn't drivable for a couple months, the dealer would put me in a car of comparable value. Car manufacturing is down to a science driven by automation. Pinball manufacturing is an art with little automation. If a car has a major malfunction, lives are at stake. If a pinball malfunctions, ball/boards/coils are at stake.

CGC hit a speed-bump with AFMr. Not the end of the world, just a bummer for those of us that wanted to enjoy our 8-9k toy over the holidays. Oh well. Just happy my car is more reliable than my AFMr. There ya go, always a positive way to look at a situation

snaroff

#2573 6 years ago

Ah Come On Man. You dont want to bolt some wheels on that thing and drive it to work! Heck you can kill some aliens for the road rage!

#2574 6 years ago

My new board seems to have sorted out all my flipper power issues. Before nothing happened when I lowered the power in the flippers they stayed really strong and I lowered it so much it blew the board.

Now there’s a big noticeable difference between -2, -4, -6, -8 , -10 etc and after a few other tweaks the game is now playing 100%!

No flying off the wireform, no ball launch issues and far better flipper strength.

#2575 6 years ago
Quoted from Dust2000:

My new board seems to have sorted out all my flipper power issues. Before nothing happened when I lowered the power in the flippers they stayed really strong and I lowered it so much it blew the board.
Now there’s a big noticeable difference between -2, -4, -6, -8 , -10 etc and after a few other tweaks the game is now playing 100%!
No flying off the wireform, no ball launch issues and far better flipper strength.

I hope everyone posts up their experience after install. Hope this clears it up, and we can all enjoy our games again!

#2576 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I put in a ticket and was expecting maybe an email back in a day or two at best. Literally like 30 minutes later I got a call and they shipped the chip the same day. Needless to say, I was stunned at the amazing customer support. I will never hesitate to buy another CGC pin with that kind of follow up!

#2577 6 years ago

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2016/11/04/churchill-cabinet-company-tour/

Here is a little history on CGC. I think you guys will be proud to own your AFMr (if your not already) once you look at this. CGC (Churchhill Cabinet Company) has been around a long time!
My AFMr is not the first CGC product I own. I have an Arcade Legends III pedistal multicade. It’s nice to know that your cabinet was built by a company that builds cabinets for lots of other manufacturers and has been in business for over 100 years!

#2578 6 years ago

Installing plastic protectors on my AFM LE but one of the holes for the nuts is smaller than the other hole.Do i have to make it a bit bigger so that the nut goes through ?
This is my first time putting plastic protectors on a game so i didn't expect i had to modify it.
If i don't do it,the plastic will not be even with the protector.

20180114_150756 (resized).jpg20180114_150756 (resized).jpg

20180114_150756 (resized).jpg20180114_150756 (resized).jpg

20180114_150833 (resized).jpg20180114_150833 (resized).jpg

#2579 6 years ago

Does anyone know where this goes ?

20180114_152410 (resized).jpg20180114_152410 (resized).jpg

#2580 6 years ago

I was looking over my game, just enjoying its beauty, and noticed this odd post sticking up not attached to anything. Its just to left of the left kickout, circled in blue in my photo. Am I missing a piece?

IMG_0793 (resized).jpgIMG_0793 (resized).jpg

#2581 6 years ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

I was looking over my game, just enjoying its beauty, and noticed this odd post sticking up not attached to anything. Its just to left of the left kickout, circled in blue in my photo. Am I missing a piece?

You are not missing a piece. That post is there to prevent ball traps.

#2582 6 years ago

Remove the nut and attach the plastics together and then install them on the game. It aligns them and hold both together. Hope that helps. Not sure on the other piece as the holes don’t seem to line up, but haven’t tried it yet.

#2583 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You are not missing a piece. That post is there to prevent ball traps.

Thanks! Looks to be a good spot to maybe add some sort of mod. I'm not a mod type owner, but this spot begs to be finished a bit more.

#2584 6 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

Remove the nut and attach the plastics together and then install them on the game. It aligns them and hold both together. Hope that helps. Not sure on the other piece as the holes don’t seem to line up, but haven’t tried it yet.

Thanks
Now if i just could figure out where the small protector goes.Have looked everywhere but can't figure it out
Looks like i also have to get a longer screw because of the protector. Doesen't reach down to the wood

1515946608318594644153 (resized).jpg1515946608318594644153 (resized).jpg

#2585 6 years ago

I purchased my AFMr via PPS but haven't heard a peep about the flipper issue. Should I be contacting them to make sure I'm getting the updated PIC?

#2586 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Should I be contacting them to make sure I'm getting the updated PIC?

I would!

#2587 6 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I purchased my AFMr via PPS but haven't heard a peep about the flipper issue. Should I be contacting them to make sure I'm getting the updated PIC?

Yes.

#2588 6 years ago

Is everyone going to need a PIC 2.0? Or will the eventual software update sort out the issues?

#2589 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is everyone going to need a PIC 2.0?

Yes. Contact who you bought the game from to get it.

Quoted from Damien:

Or will the eventual software update sort out the issues?

I don't believe there is one coming. And wouldn't fix this.

LTG : )

#2590 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Contact who you bought the game from to get it.

I don't believe there is one coming. And wouldn't fix this.

So just need the PIC 2.0, and that will sort out flipper and topper issues?

#2591 6 years ago

I have an le coming this week. What should I have my distributor check when we set it up?

#2592 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So just need the PIC 2.0, and that will sort out flipper and topper issues?

Yes. Everyone needs the flipper fix. Not everyone needs the Topper, but it’s the same code either way so you’re covered.

#2593 6 years ago

Yes, I put mine in last night and it fixed my issues. It was much easier pulling the board to replace the pic as some have suggested.

#2594 6 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

Yes, I put mine in last night and it fixed my issues. It was much easier pulling the board to replace the pic as some have suggested.

Is the board in the backbox?

#2595 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes. Big one. You can't miss it.

#2596 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I wil be doing an install for a close friend who needs the chip to fix his topper issues. As soon as his comes in, I can take some pictures for a how-to.

#2597 6 years ago

It literally only took maybe 3 minutes all told to fix this. In my opinion the board does not need to come out. Simply overkill. At least it was for mine.

#2598 6 years ago

If someone wants a 4 pin collection, does it make sense to get AFMr, MMr and Monsterbash, since those are all very similar in playfied ( fan ) Would it make sense to get more of a variety for the 4?

#2599 6 years ago

up to you. they still a lot of fun and awesome to play despite the similarities

#2600 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

If someone wants a 4 pin collection, does it make sense to get AFMr, MMr and Monsterbash, since those are all very similar in playfied ( fan ) Would it make sense to get more of a variety for the 4?

I have a 4 pin collection. My games are AFMr LE, MM, CCC, and SS, I am seriously thinking about a MBr to add. I do not plan on going any larger than that.
I really don't understand why people say the games are too much alike. I personally think they compliment each other and find myself playing all 4 equally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/52?hl=dust2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.