pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 212.
#2301 6 years ago

The only reason I purchased the LE was due to the topper and martian green trim.....I would be pretty irritated if they sold that topper separately....that being said life goes on, but theres zero chance I would ever purchase another LE from CGC....IMHO the only reason anyone purchases an LE is that it differentiates from the other models. I suspect it would hurt future LE sales? people who are complaining should have purchased the LE version..

#2302 6 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

The dam thing has been in the way all Christmas, couldn’t give a monkeys if they sell them as a stand alone. They could use the extra funds for quality control

Looks like it would make a good step stool if nothing else

#2303 6 years ago

let me just get this straight.
People that are buying a remake of a 22 year old pinball are now upset if their fellow buyers get a remake of the topper

#2304 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

People that are buying a remake of a 22 year old pinball are now upset if their fellow buyers get a remake of the topper

Not the point (nor analogous) , and I don't think anyone is upset....CGC said on many occasions the topper was limited to the LE....so yea I suspect it would irritate many people....I for one would NEVER pay a premium for an LE in the future if they went down that path. If they want to have this option on future games then just don't sell the LE's, and offer games a la cart....

#2305 6 years ago

Warning...this may cause feelings to be hurt. please stop reading here if you are overly sensitive...

Quoted from PtownPin:

.I for one would NEVER pay a premium for an LE in the future if they went down that path.

I find that hard to be believe as NEVER is a very strong statement and I find its more of an emotional response than anything else; my wife tends to use it a lot and I usually reply with the "what if you were offered $500,000,000 to do it?" that seems to be the NEVER eliminator...

Anyways ... what if the next LE has solid gold side rails and lock down bar for $1000? You wouldn't buy one? ... You get the point.

The LE is only $700 more than the SE and you get an amazing topper, mirror blades, active saucers, and powder coat. At that price point it would be illogical to not buy one if you wanted those features and it would be irrelevant if they were offered as an add on or not.

#2306 6 years ago

I bought my LE because I liked what was included in the package not because I thought I'd have something exclusive. If they sold the bits that are included in an LE separately it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I have what I want on my machine why shouldn't others be able to do the same. Has no effect on me.

#2307 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

it would be irrelevant if they were offered as an add on or not.

Not Irrelevant to some folks. As stated before, people buy the LE for different reasons. Yes the LE is a good deal in my book also.

#2308 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

it would be illogical to not buy one

And yet many did not! It was logical to them. They felt that the extras were not worth the $700.

#2309 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Not Irrelevant to some folks.

Taken out of context but still true, people tend to be emotional and irrational. Age and wisdom usually cures this

#2310 6 years ago

I have age part!

#2311 6 years ago

Just logged in to see 59 new posts.
Thought for sure CGC had made an announcement or released new Software.
Only to find meaningless topper talk.

#2312 6 years ago

I am an owner of the SE. I saw the LE yesterday. The topper along with the saucer leds is awesome. I wished for a moment that I had purchased the LE, but then I remembered that I put that $700 toward an MMr. IMHO if you put up the money for the LE in the first place, then you shouldn’t have to stress that others could make an LE by adding parts to their SE or Classic. CGC has already stated they will not sell the LE toppers, so all this discussion is moot. People on Pinside are not stupid. You don’t blindly plot down $7-8k without knowing what features you are paying for. If you want a topper then buy an LE.

#2313 6 years ago

If CGC would have announced at the beginning that they were going to release the mini saucer lights for the se, I would not have ordered the le. I could have enjoyed the se for months instead of waiting for the le.

Now that I have had it for a while, and the wait is a distant memory, I don’t care. But if they had announced that they changed their minds on the mini saucers during the time I was waiting, I would have been mad enough to cancel the order.

The topper is cool, but it was the mini saucers and the powder coat that made me decide on the le.

#2314 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

If CGC would have announced at the beginning that they were going to release the mini saucer lights for the se, I would not have ordered the le. I could have enjoyed the se for months instead of waiting for the le.
Now that I have had it for a while, and the wait is a distant memory, I don’t care. But if they had announced that they changed their minds on the mini saucers during the time I was waiting, I would have been mad enough to cancel the order.
The topper is cool, but it was the mini saucers and the powder coat that made me decide on the le.

good point. It should be different mini saucers and not the ones that came with the LE. That may be the case since we paid extra for 'metal finish' paint on the saucers. I hope we did not get snookered on the mini saucer kits being the exact same ones we got I realize some 'can't be bothered', but I was planning on getting all the remakes but recently opted for a TNA as my dealer would not budge on a price or provide any incentive even though I was repeat customer, referred a friend and expressed my interest in getting all the remakes with the same serial number. I recently found out I may not get the same serial number or there was nothing official so I bought the TNA instead of the MMr I was going to get until they release the next one... I just figured they have many guys like me lined up to pay $10,000 on a pinball, they must have lots of customers lined up if there was no wiggle room for any repeat customers or they can do stuff after the fact, like they did with MMr now that I think of it...

#2315 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

they must have lots of customers lined up if there was no wiggle room for any repeat customers or they can do stuff after the fact, like they did with MMr now that I think of it...

I was under the impression that the price to the dealers were set so there was no room for negotiation. I could be wrong...

#2316 6 years ago

Suppose to get mine Wed. It’s been cold, cold , cold here... 6 degrees now. When I get it how long you do you normally wait for it to get to room temp before turning it on?

#2317 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I was under the impression that the price to the dealers were set so there was no room for negotiation. I could be wrong...

I don't think that is legal, but yeah, something like that. I think it's a problem if people get together to communicate in any way to agree on how much they will all charge for something... there is a law or something... but you are right, there was NO room, even a small repeat buyer's incentive. The good news is my TNA is going to be awesome, and I can play it by ear with the new remake release but not count on it as a sure thing. Here in Canada, the bread companies are giving back all customers $25 because they had all agreed to sell a loaf of bread at the same price and they got caught. ( just last week )

I don't mind paying a premium, but don't want to be forced to non-negotiate each time my serial number comes up if I purchase multiple units over time, essentially paying the same as a new customer that has not built up a relationship over time.

#2318 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I don't think that is legal, but yeah, something like that. I think it's a problem if people get together to communicate in any way to agree on how much they will all charge for something... there is a law or something... but you are right, there was NO room, even a small repeat buyer's incentive. The good news is my TNA is going to be awesome, and I can play it by ear with the new remake release but not count on it as a sure thing. Here in Canada, the bread companies are giving back all customers $25 because they had all agreed to sell a loaf of bread at the same price and they got caught. ( just last week )

That is interesting!

#2319 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Suppose to get mine Wed. It’s been cold, cold , cold here... 6 degrees now. When I get it how long you do you normally wait for it to get to room temp before turning it on?

I would let it aclimitze until the metal parts don’t feel super cold anymore.

#2320 6 years ago

Here is a photo of my topper wiring. It is still not working. I did have to pull off one plastic plug on a connector as discussed above.

My main Martian light works and when the pin First turns on the saucers light for a moment but then That’s it. Martian doesn’t move and led strips not lit.

Any thoughts?

D654D737-6A86-40FB-B889-0EAE64CFCA2A (resized).jpegD654D737-6A86-40FB-B889-0EAE64CFCA2A (resized).jpeg

1E7AF52B-9A84-4E79-8F86-FE5870AB6602 (resized).jpeg1E7AF52B-9A84-4E79-8F86-FE5870AB6602 (resized).jpeg

0A76B41A-96D5-4505-9502-9838A68ACDE5 (resized).jpeg0A76B41A-96D5-4505-9502-9838A68ACDE5 (resized).jpeg

#2321 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Warning...this may cause feelings to be hurt. please stop reading here if you are overly sensitive...

I find that hard to be believe as NEVER is a very strong statement and I find its more of an emotional response than anything else; my wife tends to use it a lot and I usually reply with the "what if you were offered $500,000,000 to do it?" that seems to be the NEVER eliminator...
Anyways ... what if the next LE has solid gold side rails and lock down bar for $1000? You wouldn't buy one? ... You get the point.
The LE is only $700 more than the SE and you get an amazing topper, mirror blades, active saucers, and powder coat. At that price point it would be illogical to not buy one if you wanted those features and it would be irrelevant if they were offered as an add on or not.

The AFMRLE was a no brainer due to the upgrades, which is why i made the logical decision to buy one...I don't make emotional decision....normally

#2322 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

I don’t think the electronics will be much of a problem, just let them warm up for a couple hours maybe? The thing I always wondered about though is like the playfield. Wood expands and contracts a lot right? It seems like that would be very hard on a playfields inserts and clearcoat to me for a game to be on a truck in zero weather for a couple of days and then you bring it in a 70 degree House. Seems like that wood would have to expand and contract enough to possibly cause damage, wouldn’t you think?

#2323 6 years ago

Super conductors run at near absolute zero...... I also let my game get to room temp but Im really not sure it makes a difference on electronics

#2324 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Super conductors run at near absolute zero...... I also let my game get to room temp but Im really not sure it makes a difference on electronics

Do you think extreme weather changes are hard on playfields?

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Do you think extreme weather changes are hard on playfields?

I dont live at the N Pole

#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I dont live at the N Pole

I know but I'm talking about games being shipped and stuff like that. I mean if a game is in zero degree weather for a few days etc. Just seems to me like that could affect a playfield possibly. Maybe I'm wrong I don't know, that's why I'm asking?

#2327 6 years ago

Selling the toppers and led kit will do nothing to the resale of My le,I hope the others get a chance to buy anything they want for there games

#2328 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

no thats not straight at all! try again

#2329 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Selling the toppers and led kit will do nothing to the resale of My le,I hope the others get a chance to buy anything they want for there games

Others do have a chance to buy anything they want, including one that is limited, or an LE.

#2330 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I would let it aclimitze until the metal parts don’t feel super cold anymore.

This is a safe bet. I don't think the temperature is as much as a concern as the humidity. (think about all the changes in temps for game in containers going over seas). It is extremely dry here in the rock mountain region. The humidity levels in Chicago are a lot higher. We have furniture here check split from the dryness. I haven't had any issues with my game.

#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Maybe, Maybe not.

#2332 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know but I'm talking about games being shipped and stuff like that. I mean if a game is in zero degree weather for a few days etc. Just seems to me like that could affect a playfield possibly. Maybe I'm wrong I don't know, that's why I'm asking?

I agree with ya to. Cold weather is hard on everything. Just stupid humor.

#2333 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Exactly. The original B/W classics shot up in value because the supply was limited and many of these games were being restored for insane amounts of money (further raising the values). Assuming CGC is successful remaking/selling/supporting thousands of games, it's odd that folks purchasing them even worry about resale value. The resale value will be dominated by supply/demand, which CGC is in business to satisfy. As other folks have pointed out, 1000 LE's isn't that exclusive. Most NIB pins take a 10-15% hit when sold by the original owner. Will be very surprised if AFMr bucks that trend...topper or not.

snaroff

#2334 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Exactly. The original B/W classics shot up in value because the supply was limited and many of these games were being restored for insane amounts of money (further raising the values). Assuming CGC is successful remaking/selling/supporting thousands of games, it's odd that folks purchasing them even worry about resale value. The resale value will be dominated by supply/demand, which CGC is in business to satisfy. As other folks have pointed out, 1000 LE's isn't that exclusive. Most NIB pins take a 10-15% hit when sold by the original owner. Will be very surprised if AFMr bucks that trend...topper or not.
snaroff

Most of us who paid for an LE don't care about resale value as we are not selling it, but what would be 'odd' is spending ten-K and not considering the resale value. I'm sure you do.
As you stated, the LE limits the supply ahead of the purchase, so making that supply unlimited after accepting money is just, well fraud. You obviously don't understand this, as you keep harping about getting stuff you did not pay for, stuff that came with the LE that you now want. I'm just protecting my purchase by voicing my opposition. We just care about getting what we paid good money for, an LE. You have an LE yet you still are attempting to punch a hole it its actual value, nice.

The fact that this question is being asked should be a flag to CGC that there is confusion around what it means to own a CGC LE. They should have a small blurb on their website stating exactly what their corporate policy is on this, for example, will any of the LE toys be sold as kits, including the topper, and which parts of the LE are guaranteed to be limited. Same with LE serial numbers, does the previous, LE buyer get first right of refusal on the next LE? I think having an LE is a no-brainer as some of us are looking for a more unique machine even if some consider 1000 to be a large number. CGC has disclosed ahead of time that only 1000 will be made which is fine with me, but the same consideration should be applied to the actual parts that make up that unit, including topper and min spaceships. In my opinion, CGC is skatting on thin ice with the release of mini saucer kits IF they are the same finish as the LE ones.

#2335 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Most of us who paid for an LE don't care about resale value as we are not selling it, but what would be 'odd' is spending ten-K and not considering the resale value. I'm sure you do.

I do care about resale of classic/older titles, but remakes and recently built NIB titles are a totally different beast.

No such thing as "protecting your purchase", for a variety of reasons.

You obviously don't agree, and that's cool...just expressing a point-of-view from someone that's been doing this for 15 years.

snaroff

#2336 6 years ago

I have always thought games and value a little differently. I don’t buy them as investments, I buy them to enjoy them. If and when I sell games, the value lost (if it’s lost) is easily recouped by my own personal enjoyment of the game while I had it. And I have a rule to sell a game in as good or better condition than I received it in; I have sold games for no profit after putting in tons of work and parts into them; it’s part of the idea of helping to preserve pinball by making sure the games are well taken care of.

For AFM, I bought the LE because I thought the overall package, lighting and color would be more fun than a Classic edition. I am happy with my game; as hard as it is to say this (as all future looking statements are prone to revision), if I had to own only one game, it would be AFM.

Marc

#2337 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I have always thought games and value a little differently. I don’t buy them as investments, I buy them to enjoy them. If and when I sell games, the value lost (if it’s lost) is easily recouped by my own personal enjoyment of the game while I had it. And I have a rule to sell a game in as good or better condition than I received it in; I have sold games for no profit after putting in tons of work and parts into them; it’s part of the idea of helping to preserve pinball by making sure the games are well taken care of.
For AFM, I bought the LE because I thought the overall package, lighting and color would be more fun than a Classic edition. I am happy with my game; as hard as it is to say this (as all future looking statements are prone to revision), if I had to own only one game, it would be AFM.
Marc

+1000.....you're not alone in your approach....

#2338 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Marc

I gave the why I bought the AFMr LE another thought this morning and I realized it really boils down to this: I have a particular level of pinball experience that I want from all of my games 1. Big Lightshow 2. Big Sound 3. Color DMD 4. Eye Candy (armor, pinblades, small mods) In the past I have upgraded my games to this level. The AFMr LE was already there. So I didn't have to spend hundreds for the equipment and hours of labor. There are people out there that just want the same AFM game play. They don't care about the rest, don't want to pay for it and they will just upgrade what they want. These are the folks that buy the classic/SE. I consider myself lucky that I had the opportunity to even buy the LE. A lot of times the LE games are gone before you even get a chance.

#2339 6 years ago

You also do not have to defend your choices! You bought the LE because you wanted to and that’s enough

#2340 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You also do not have to defend your choices! You bought the LE because you wanted to and that’s enough

You're making too much sense....stop!!!

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Pinball manufacturers are great @ creating stomping feet situations...the hobby would be boring otherwise.
Just to be clear, I was responding to another Pinsiders MMR comparison...I don't own MMr and had no interest in it (so I wasn't paying attention to all the apparent drama).
I just find this topper sensitivity so hypocritical. Remake advocates have long argued with original lovers (like myself) that remakes rock so more folks can experience the joy of a LIMITED # of games that are loved, rare, and costly. The remakes often disrupt the original values, but the remake advocates taut this as a virtue. Fine. By analogy, if an AFM owner loves the freakin topper, let them purchase a topper! I imagine CG will stick by it's promise, but wouldn't be surprised if they evolve their model to be more progressive (as Pin_Guy mentions above).
snaroff

I think they needed to do something to generate demand and the topper did that by a mile. Having a top end game moves all games.

There is a significant difference than the above though. CGC said the LE was 1000 models and only the LE would get the topper.

Nobody at WMS 20 years ago said they wouldn't license the themes or that more games further down the line be wouldn't be made.

Cheers,
Neil.

#2342 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think they needed to do something to generate demand and the topper did that by a mile. Having a top end game moves all games.
There is a significant difference than the above though. CGC said the LE was 1000 models and only the LE would get the topper.
Nobody at WMS 20 years ago said they wouldn't license the themes or that more games further down the line be wouldn't be made.
Cheers,
Neil.

Absolutely!

#2343 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Hi Marc, so based on your comments, can I assume you would have no problem if the cool topper was sold to SE owners? That's really how some of the chatter started. Like you, I buy games to enjoy them and don't consider them investments...

snaroff

#2344 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hi Marc, so based on your comments, can I assume you would have no problem if the cool topper was sold to SE owners? That's really how some of the chatter started. Like you, I buy games to enjoy them and don't consider them investments...
snaroff

It wouldn’t bother me personally. But I understand that others don’t share my opinions on the matter.

#2345 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

You are coming off as pretty hostile I'm not sure it's very nice to accuse all of us with differing opinions from yours to be buying games only as investments and not to enjoy them...

#2346 6 years ago

This theme is not unique to AFMRLE, of course.

Factor in gameplay changes (TRONLE), and a whole other can of worms opened. Sorry to have jumped on this thread during this discussion.

I've really enjoyed my AFMRLE to date....awesome machine!!!!!

#2347 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

I justify buying games due to the simple fact that the money is not spent until it is sold. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your savings. Or, if you're the kind of guy that buys them to keep and considers the money gone, resale should not matter to you. Figure when you are ready to sell a game, losing $.50-$.75 , sometimes even $1 a game isn't terrible. You're getting value out of it no matter how you slice and dice it. No travel to the arcade. No punks to deal with. No beating on the games...and you can play in your undies should you choose!

That's what I call bang for your buck

#2348 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It wouldn’t bother me personally. But I understand that others don’t share my opinions on the matter.

It bothers me when people that choose to purchase an LE are made to feel guilty for buying what they want, and can afford.

Why this stuff continually comes up blows my mind. Limited should be limited, period. Good grief.....

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

You are coming off as pretty hostile I'm not sure it's very nice to accuse all of us with differing opinions from yours to be buying games only as investments and not to enjoy them...

Hostile? Because I think folks should be able to purchase a feature? The saucers are being made available and people are jazzed. It's totally arbitrary that some features are available and some features are not. If I weren't an AFMrLE owner, I can see you thinking I was trolling, but hostile? Please. Nothing hostile about expressing an opinion that others might disagree with. I "get" why you want the LE topper to be exclusive, but it's silly since it has 0 impact on the pins desirability or value. This will be my last post on the topic...don't want to ruffle anymore feathers! Just not that important.

snaroff

#2350 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It bothers me when people that choose to purchase an LE are made to feel guilty for buying what they want, and can afford.
Why this stuff continually comes up blows my mind. Limited should be limited, period. Good grief.....

Really, I’m totally neutral on this stuff. I just want people to love and enjoy their games; that’s really what I care about these days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/47?hl=jmagla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.