IMG_6722 (resized).JPG
Backglass.gif
Super Jets.gif
Hallway_3.gif
Hallway_2.gif
Hallway_1.gif
IMG_6625 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,735 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 195.
#2251 3 years ago

Between paying my property tax early ( new tax law) and these issues..... I'll wait awhile to order.

#2252 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I went back from -22 to default as well - everything is fine except now about 3/10 times the sol pops out a weak ball and it goes STDM.
Annoying as it always ruins a good game in progress.

I set the flippers back to default. My guess is there is a chance the issue may be related to some kind of overflow bug that only happens randomly once in a while. Maybe the code that does the math ( deducting/adding power ) does not get run if set to default, so no chance if math error.

#2253 3 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I set the flippers back to default. My guess is there is a chance the issue may be related to some kind of overflow bug that only happens randomly once in a while. Maybe the math that causes the bug ( adding/deducting power ) does not get run if set to default.

#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

everything is fine except now about 3/10 times the sol pops out a weak ball and it goes STDM.

Same. Can't work this one out.

#2255 3 years ago

That seems worthy of a ticket to CGC to ensure that the fix they’re implementing takes that into account.

#2256 3 years ago

Sorry if this has already been asked and I’m sure that it has, but does CGC sell the topper to people separately that don’t have an LE? It would be a shame if they didn’t because the topper on this game is amazing.

#2257 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Sorry if this has already been asked and I’m sure that it has, but does CGC sell the topper to people separately that don’t have an LE? It would be a shame if they didn’t because the topper on this game is amazing.

Nope.

#2258 3 years ago

Damn that sucks. Can you imagine how much more money they could make by selling those? They would sell a ton of them!

#2259 3 years ago

The topper is a big factor in why they're selling as many LEs as they are.

#2260 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Is the cow video mode missing?
Everytime the cow is displayed I push the launch button, but there is no „muh“, As it does in the original one

I must say that I didn’t have idea about that when I saw what you wrote, I just played and it is indeed! There’s something that you have to check in your Pin, I pressed the Launch Ball and yes it does have the:-“MOO! “...

Regards

#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If they were to sell the topper individually over the counter it would hose all of the LE owners. We buy and pay special prices for an LE game because we believe it is truly special. The topper makes the LE worth the extra cost and risk in investment. Selling the wide screen and the lighted speakers separately is a different matter because it is available with the SE. You have to be careful not to alienate your customer base!

#2262 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

If they were to sell the topper individually over the counter it would hose all of the LE owners. We buy and pay special prices for an LE game because we believe it is truly special. The topper makes the LE worth the extra cost and risk in investment. Selling the wide screen and the lighted speakers separately is a different matter because it is available with the SE. You have to be careful not to alienate your customer base!

Problem is...... any game with an LE name that has a run thats 1000 is not really that special in this market. History has show that on pinside. It may have the LE name, some very cool features and and wowing looks but the only thing that makes it special or different from the others is the topper and plaque. ( CGC said they would be selling the saucers as a kit so ya cant count that either )

Any pinsider here can add green or black powder coating. Its a great value when you throw in the long warranty, topper and added features if your into all that bling. I bought the standard because I like the look of the original and only wanted to add features that I wanted. For me saving the almost extra 1.5k was where I wanted to be price wise also.The display was a big one for me too. If the LE would have had a color display in the standard size I may have considered one.

That being said its the best value, highest quality constructed, and longest warranted pin on the market. GREAT LOOKING game no matter which version you choose.

#2263 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Your game would still be a true LE though and other people’s games wouldn’t be. For people who have the standard games, it would kind of be like putting Z-28 emblems on a regular Camaro or something. People that wanted to buy a true LE would seek out a true LE. I just think it would be nice for the people who didn’t get in on an LE for whatever reason it may be, to be able to buy that topper and dress their games up. I can’t imagine why anyone would be offended by that honestly because there are still other options on the game that differentiate the different models.

Pinball machines are also NOT investments by the way.

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I don't see how this would alienate the customer base. The LE is a $700 up-charge (with an impressive list of upgrades over the SE). The topper is so elaborate, it's easy to imagine them charging $400-$500 (Stern's boring KISS pinball topper is in this range, and isn't nearly as impressive). If SE folks pay $500 for the topper, then LE customers "paid" $200 for all the other goodies on the LE (armor, blades, bi-color mini saucers, warranty upgrade, fancy medallion).

From my perspective, CG should have the freedom to do whatever makes sense for them and their customers. Kudos to them for the attractive pricing on the LE (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-an-le-that-feels-like-an-le).

snaroff

#2265 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don't see how this would alienate the customer base. The LE is a $700 up-charge (with an impressive list of upgrades over the SE). The topper is so elaborate, it's easy to imagine them charging $400-$500 (Stern's boring KISS pinball topper is in this range, and isn't nearly as impressive). If SE folks pay $500 for the topper, then LE customers "paid" $200 for all the other goodies on the LE (armor, blades, bi-color mini saucers, warranty upgrade, fancy medallion).
From my perspective, CG should have the freedom to do whatever makes sense for them and their customers. Kudos to them for the attractive pricing on the LE (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-an-le-that-feels-like-an-le).
snaroff

People buy and pay for high priced pinball machines for different reasons. There was a lot of bad blood over the MMR LE. So much so that PPS stated they would never do another one. (we see how far that went) A lot of MMRLE customers said they would never buy another remake after that.( I know because I have talked to them) It's a fact that a Limited Edition needs to be Special! and Limited! I bought the AFMrLE because I knew it was a good title and the LE was a good value. But I also bought the LE because it was an LE! I believe it will hold it's own against any other title new or otherwise. And yes CGC/PPS will do whatever they want in regards to the LEs. But there is always a cost. The bottom line is in order for a company to continue to be in business they have to be profitable. These guys have to sell enough of these games! Period! If they don't it wont last and in ten years we will all be looking for parts to our busted games!

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

People buy and pay for high priced pinball machines for different reasons. There was a lot of bad blood over the MMR LE. So much so that PPS stated they would never do another one. (we see how far that went) A lot of MMRLE customers said they would never buy another remake after that.( I know because I have talked to them) It's a fact that a Limited Edition needs to be Special! and Limited! I bought the AFMrLE because I knew it was a good title and the LE was a good value. But I also bought the LE because it was an LE! I believe it will hold it's own against any other title new or otherwise. And yes CGC/PPS will do whatever they want in regards to the LEs. But there is always a cost. The bottom line is in order for a company to continue to business they have to be profitable. These guys have to sell enough of these games! Period! If they don't it wont last and in ten years we will all be looking for parts to our busted games!

Not sure I get your argument. Apparently MMRLE folks "stomped their feet", claiming they "will never buy another remake", yet AFMrLE appears to be selling well. So you apparently think that if CG sells the AFMrLE topper, AFMrLE folks will "stomp their feet" and "never buy another remake"? And a few more iterations will result it no remake customers? I don't buy it. The biggest threat to CG's remake business long term is building pinball machines that work, are reliable, offer value, and have great support. If they accomplish those objectives, they will be successful. If they decide to sell the topper for $400-$500, they may lose a few customers, but no mass exit will happen. You kind of proved this with your MMrLE observation...

snaroff

#2267 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not sure I get your argument. Apparently MMRLE folks "stomped their feet", claiming they "will never buy another remake", yet AFMrLE appears to be selling well. So you apparently think that if CG sells the AFMrLE topper, AFMrLE folks will "stomp their feet" and "never buy another remake"? And a few more iterations will result it no remake customers? I don't buy it. The biggest threat to CG's remake business long term is building pinball machines that work, are reliable, offer value, and have great support. If they accomplish those objectives, they will be successful. If they decide to sell the topper for $400-$500, they may lose a few customers, but no mass exit will happen. You kind of proved this with your MMrLE observation...
snaroff

I don’t understand it either, it’s kind of ridiculous honestly. CGC should not limit toppers to LE machines period!

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

Sounds like you should have bought an LE, and that the LE with the topper, even at 1000 unit runs, is worth more than the non-LE or people would not be looking to upgrade their non-LE. If they decide to make it easy for non-LEs to become LEs, I won't ever buy one again, but I know they won't do that, since it would be tricking one set of customers into thinking they are getting something limited and exclusive, and then changing that contract.

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Sounds like you should have bought an LE, and that the LE with the topper, even at 1000 unit runs, is worth more than the non-LE or people would not be looking to upgrade their non-LE. If they decide to make it easy for non-LEs to become LEs, I won't ever buy one again, but I know they won't do that,

I purchased an LE and could care less if they sell the topper.

snaroff

#2270 3 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Sounds like you should have bought an LE, and that the LE with the topper, even at 1000 unit runs, is worth more than the non-LE or people would not be looking to upgrade their non-LE. If they decide to make it easy for non-LEs to become LEs, I won't ever buy one again, but I know they won't do that, eg. Monster Bash.

He did buy an LE

#2271 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Maybe some more LE owners should share their thoughts....

#2272 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

That's your opinion. Noted. I have mine.

#2273 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

You may not 'care', but for those who do, and paid the premium, it's important. If it's not important, don't buy an LE. Those of us who paid more for an LE took a risk, and if that risk means the value is more down the road cause people wanted an exclusive LE topper, than can buy mine.

#2274 3 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

We, that does not change what others think, and

You may not 'care', but for those who do, and paid the premium, it's important. If it's not important, don't buy an LE. Those of us who paid more for an LE took a risk, and if that risk means the value is more down the road cause people wanted an exclusive LE topper, than can buy mine.

We paid a $700 premium and got a ton of cool stuff. This is different from the standard Stern LE model where the difference is typically artwork (and sometimes armor).

If CG were to make *every* LE feature available for the SE and the cost added up to $1,400, then LE customers got a $700 price advantage.

Ultimately, none of our opinions matter much. CG will make business decisions based on demand. Folks shouldn't be surprised by the demand for such an awesome topper. CG could probably charge $700 and folks would pay it...

snaroff

#2275 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

For people who have the standard games, it would kind of be like putting Z-28 emblems on a regular Camaro or something.

I in no way feel like that at all....... Its like taking the perfect game ( thats why they remade it ) and having someone else bling it out for me. Its all a matter of taste.

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#2276 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Maybe some more LE owners should share their thoughts....

It's simple though. Limited Edition means it's limited runs, period. You can't get make the same topper available to everyone after selling it as limited edition with a serial number without legal ramifications. They know that. If they don't want to deal with 'stomping feet', ( making something reasonable and legally binding sound childish ) than they should not make LEs.

#2277 3 years ago

CGC already announced that they were not going to sell the LE topper. They would look like douche bags if they came back and said they were just kidding. So I think that discussion is really off the table at this point. They did announce at the same time that they would sell the mini saucer lights and has much as I love the topper, the mini saucer lights are the one that really drew me into the remake and too me is the best feature outside of the larger screen.

#2278 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Said this in the dimple thread and I will say it here, If you don't want dimples on a NIB game install a playfield protector. I have done it and it does work.

Playfield protectors are HORRIBLE, ruins the game play.

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

CGC already announced that they were not going to sell the LE topper. They would look like douche bags if they came back and said they were just kidding. So I think that discussion is really off the table at this point..

Agreed....try buying a BM66LE topper. Nothing wrong w keeping "LE" features exclusive to that model. Doesnt mean you cant bling your standard w custom armor, mods, etc.

Pinball is certainly not an investment....simply high end toys. If you want a limited edition toy, thats what it should be. Many specialty companies do it..

#2280 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

How so exactly? I installed one right away and gameplay has not been affected one bit from what I can tell... let me know I'm curious to find out how it does.

#2281 3 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

It's simple though. Limited Edition means it's limited runs, period. You can't get make the same topper available to everyone after selling it as limited edition with a serial number without legal ramifications. They know that. If they don't want to deal with 'stomping feet', ( making something reasonable and legally binding sound childish ) than they should not make LEs.

As a new LE owner I am in agreement with bitpatrol. Why sell them as Limited Editions if unique key components would be readily available to everyone who wanted to add them at a later time. It is not a matter of cost differential as much as it is the principle of having different versions of the pinball machine.

#2282 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Playfield protectors are HORRIBLE, ruins the game play

This is an opinion! That said, They do change the game play some. It's a deal breaker for some but not for others. I have one on CC. It did change the game play some: don't feel the ball roll as much, it's a bit faster but I don't have any anxiety over air balls or pf wear. (important for that title and an original pf) A good trade off in my book for that machine. I did not use a pf protector on AFMr. I am not as worried over the pf wear because of other protection devices such as hole protectors and some Mylar.

#2283 3 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

As a new LE owner I am in agreement with bitpatrol. Why sell them as Limited Editions if unique key components would be readily available to everyone who wanted to add them at a later time. It is not a matter of cost differential as much as it is the principle of having different versions of the pinball machine

The fact of matter is CGC is unlikely (even for the money) be fooling around making those toppers when they are going to be Really busy with two more remakes next year.

#2284 3 years ago

I’ve got about a hundred games in and I haven’t got video mode once. Some long games. Is there a setting thats not enabled?

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I’ve got about a hundred games in and I haven’t got video mode once. Some long games. Is there a setting thats not enabled?

I've had some longer games without getting the video mode as well. Mostly because I'm not trying for it. If you want to get it, keep completing the inlane lights to light sol hole then keep collecting the sol. It will come up.

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from huo:

SPOILER ALERT!

Game rules from PAPA by Brian Dominy
http://pinball.org/rules/attackfrommars2.html#stroke

The Stroke of Luck is a pseudo-random award. Possibilities are:

25,000,000 points. Awarded immediately.
50,000,000 points. Ditto.
Light Extra Ball. Shoot Stroke of Luck again to collect.
Light Lock. For the first multiball, this will light all three locks. After that, it will light one additional lock, regardless if lock is already lit or not.
Award Lock. If Lock is already lit, then that lock is awarded and no lock will be lit. Otherwise the next unlit lock is awarded.
Multiball. Forget the locks, just start multiball.
Lite Martian Attack. Shoot Stroke of Luck again to collect.
+5 Bonus X. Same award as regular skill shot.
Hold Bonus X. Bonus X will not reset to 1X at the end of this ball.
Strobe Multiball. Starts immediately. See below for more details.
Video Mode. Starts immediately. See below for more details.
Sneak Attack. One of the four martians will begin jumping. Shoot immediately to score 150M; the value counts down quickly. Hitting the martian also awards 2 additional Martian Bombs and lights Martian Attack if it isn't already lit.
1 Martian Bomb. Added to any you already have.

The award is pseudorandom, because sometimes it can be predicted. The third Stroke of Luck award will normally be Strobe Multiball. Stroke of Luck will award Video Mode the first time it is hit after Super Jets has been completed, even if it is the third time. Strobe Multiball will then be the next Stroke of Luck award given.

Stroke of Luck will normally award (regular) Multiball on the last ball of the game if multiball has not yet been started.

Stroke of Luck will normally award 1 Martian Bomb if it is collected during Martian Attack, before Martian Multiball.

Stroke of Luck is not available during any multiball. The award can only be collected from the front entrance to the scoop.

If tournament mode is enabled, then Stroke of Luck always awards 50M and nothing else, in order to de-randomize the games.

#2287 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

I don’t think there is any danger of them releasing the topper on its own and if they did it would be a huge problem for me - they would have effectively lied to me and all their customers.

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

I wouldn’t compare the MMR with anything, very different time, with a new pinball maker, Rick at PPS more involved than he has been with AFMR. There were many stomping feet situations!

#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I don’t think there is any danger of them releasing the topper on its own and if they did it would be a huge problem for me - they would have effectively lied to me and all their customers.

YEP!

#2290 3 years ago

IMHO the market would be better off if manufacturers didn't produce "limited edition" pinball machines as it's only the games features that make different versions more valuable than others. I would like to see manufactures move towards changing the "limited edition" to something more like trim levels on cars where you buy a package for $XXX at a reduced price over buying the individual parts, but still have the parts available.

Don't misread this, as I'm not saying that CGC should make toppers available as that ship has already sailed; I'm just stating my opinion on what I feel would be a good direction for the pinball community to go.

#2291 3 years ago

I agree with the others. CGC specifically stated that the topper (which is pure awesome!) will only be available for the LE’s. Their communication has been outstanding so I don’t see them going back on their word. I personally like having a distinction between the various models. There are still some nib LE’s available for those that are interested.

#2292 3 years ago

The dam thing has been in the way all Christmas, couldn’t give a monkeys if they sell them as a stand alone. They could use the extra funds for quality control

EC9F5BB4-6B07-49B7-AEDE-1DED85FCE2EC (resized).jpeg

#2293 3 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I agree with the others. CGC specifically stated that the topper (which is pure awesome!) will only be available for the LE’s. Their communication has been outstanding so I don’t see them going back on their word. I personally like having a distinction between the various models. There are still some nib LE’s available for those that are interested.

Agreed. And they also want us back for the next one....

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

The dam thing has been in the way all Christmas

Tell us where your at and we will come get that doorstop out your way so you don't trip on it!

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Tell us where your at and we will come get that doorstop out your way so you don't trip on it!

Ha. It’s a really bad box to stump your toe on too

#2296 3 years ago

The wooden box they made specifically for the topper is very impressive. No cardboard box for that beauty.

#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I wouldn’t compare the MMR with anything, very different time, with a new pinball maker, Rick at PPS more involved than he has been with AFMR. There were many stomping feet situations!

Pinball manufacturers are great @ creating stomping feet situations...the hobby would be boring otherwise.

Just to be clear, I was responding to another Pinsiders MMR comparison...I don't own MMr and had no interest in it (so I wasn't paying attention to all the apparent drama).

I just find this topper sensitivity so hypocritical. Remake advocates have long argued with original lovers (like myself) that remakes rock so more folks can experience the joy of a LIMITED # of games that are loved, rare, and costly. The remakes often disrupt the original values, but the remake advocates taut this as a virtue. Fine. By analogy, if an AFM owner loves the freakin topper, let them purchase a topper! I imagine CG will stick by it's promise, but wouldn't be surprised if they evolve their model to be more progressive (as Pin_Guy mentions above).

snaroff

#2298 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

SPOILER ALERT!
Game rules from PAPA by Brian Dominy
http://pinball.org/rules/attackfrommars2.html#stroke
The Stroke of Luck is a pseudo-random award. Possibilities are:
25,000,000 points. Awarded immediately.
50,000,000 points. Ditto.
Light Extra Ball. Shoot Stroke of Luck again to collect.
Light Lock. For the first multiball, this will light all three locks. After that, it will light one additional lock, regardless if lock is already lit or not.
Award Lock. If Lock is already lit, then that lock is awarded and no lock will be lit. Otherwise the next unlit lock is awarded.
Multiball. Forget the locks, just start multiball.
Lite Martian Attack. Shoot Stroke of Luck again to collect.
+5 Bonus X. Same award as regular skill shot.
Hold Bonus X. Bonus X will not reset to 1X at the end of this ball.
Strobe Multiball. Starts immediately. See below for more details.
Video Mode. Starts immediately. See below for more details.
Sneak Attack. One of the four martians will begin jumping. Shoot immediately to score 150M; the value counts down quickly. Hitting the martian also awards 2 additional Martian Bombs and lights Martian Attack if it isn't already lit.
1 Martian Bomb. Added to any you already have.
The award is pseudorandom, because sometimes it can be predicted. The third Stroke of Luck award will normally be Strobe Multiball. Stroke of Luck will award Video Mode the first time it is hit after Super Jets has been completed, even if it is the third time. Strobe Multiball will then be the next Stroke of Luck award given.
Stroke of Luck will normally award (regular) Multiball on the last ball of the game if multiball has not yet been started.
Stroke of Luck will normally award 1 Martian Bomb if it is collected during Martian Attack, before Martian Multiball.
Stroke of Luck is not available during any multiball. The award can only be collected from the front entrance to the scoop.
If tournament mode is enabled, then Stroke of Luck always awards 50M and nothing else, in order to de-randomize the games.

Question on this, the rule says you can only collect awards from the front scoop of the SOL, but I have collected them from the back entrance to it (from the jets) multiple times. I've collected it in single ball play when Martian Attack is lit, and I've also collected it during multiball play when I have extra ball lit. This has happened a lot of times, so it isn't a fluke. Additional Martian Attacks don't activate when entering it from the jets though(I've never had a 2nd extra ball collected during a multiball that I can recall).
Also my first time getting video mode after learning that you get a free bomb to use resulted in me blowing up the mothership, though no EB ever showed up...must be like Fish Tales in that you aren't always going to see the EB. For anyone trying to get video mode as well, it definitely can't be awarded early...I always have to clear a few cities first or get 3-4 SOLs.

#2299 3 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

I agree with the others. CGC specifically stated that the topper (which is pure awesome!) will only be available for the LE’s. Their communication has been outstanding so I don’t see them going back on their word. I persona :twisted:lly like having a distinction between the various models. There are still some nib LE’s available for those that are interested.

Jumping in with my opinion too, I was just going for the SE until I saw the topper. Once I found out that it wasn't going to be sold outside of the LEs I was all over it...would be silly for them to do a 180 on it now and offer it to everyone after stating they wouldn't.
P.S. Selling my topper for $5k if anyone is interested!

#2300 3 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Couldn't agree more. I get why people do it but to me it defeats the MAIN purpose of simply enjoying playing pinball itself. We get way too caught up in trying to protect every little nook and cranny of a pinball machine.

Condition matters but life is too short to stress the F out about it.

As for the "LE", 1,000 is in no way "limited" anyhow. When i purchased mine i had read somewhere that it was only going to be a run of 500, and even that's not really "limited".

The topper though is the coolest topper ever, by far. WH20 grabs second place for me.

There are 9,735 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 195.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside