pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 212.
#2151 6 years ago

Number 687 is in the home. This game rocks!

3249EF3E-EA88-4675-AECC-484A98AA0504 (resized).jpeg3249EF3E-EA88-4675-AECC-484A98AA0504 (resized).jpeg

#2152 6 years ago

Hi All, I've had mine around a week, and love it, there's just one thing that's bothering me, the left popper takes multiple attempts before the ball is ejected. Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts but it can take up to 5 or 6, which is a bit annoying. Has anyone else had this? It's set to maximum strength in the settings. Any advice on how to rectify, or should I raise a ticket? Thanks for any advice.

#2153 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I have mine at -18, wasn't having any issues making shots, though I always feel like the 5way is such a crap shoot, especially if you are trying to alternate ramps. I try and mix in a lock when I'm going for it to give myself a break or wait until my orbits are open. Also I was looking at the original AFMs high scores on here and people were saying that they "3x RTU'd", but after I finished RTU the game didn't reset. It just stayed with every city lit solid, Mars was flashing, and the saucer drop bank stayed down with the back target up. Every hit on that target for the rest of my game gave me 100M. I had several balls left after I RTU'd and this never changed...how are you supposed to 3x RTU or was that something they changed in this remake somehow?

-18 wow! What slant do you have your game at? I'm at 6.8 when I measure it digitally near the bottom of the slings (basically in line with the bubble).

Even at -10 I was finding the shots a bit weak. And just read that someone here is at -22 and still getting air balls. Seems like a lack of consistency in the power from game to game.

Hopefully if CGC updates the code at all, they will dial the default flipper setting to something that mimics the original better. That way when we dial up and down it's more a preference than trying to find a normal setting.

Aside from that, the game is a gem. Been playing it more than my MMR and DI which is saying a lot!

#2154 6 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

You really need to plug in everything as needed, the picture you showed was missing at least two connections as required....and/or you plugged them in wrong and the machine blew a fuse. There really should not be any problems if done correctly and as documented in the manual....
I understand that there are plenty of Nu-bees here buying these NIB pinball machines, but really, read the manuals.....Starting from the front, it has a wealth of necessary information.

I tend to agree but the manual info for the topper leaves a lot to be desired!

#2155 6 years ago

I've been streaming AFMR all week, what a fantastic game!

I got direct video going from the machine to my streaming rig... Here are a couple of videos, one where I do a walk through of the machine and the second that shows the direct video.

still haven't managed to get a high score yet!!!

Neil

#2156 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I've been streaming AFMR all week, what a fantastic game!
I got direct video going from the machine to my streaming rig... Here are a couple of videos, one where I do a walk through of the machine and the second that shows the direct video.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
still haven't managed to get a high score yet!!!
Neil

The game is a ball buster! Took me a while to knock off the factory GC.

I actually moved down the outlane posts to enjoy it a bit more and make it family friendly. Might move them back up to factory setting soon since most people who come over end up playing MMR or TOM.

#2157 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I tend to agree but the manual info for the topper leaves a lot to be desired!

My vendor said the same thing about the topper/manual. He had to clarify with a buddy when hooking it up because it didn't 100% match. Damien I'm pretty sure I'm at 6.8. I've been using the PinGuy app to measure on the playfield but I probably need to get a digital scale to be certain. Even at -18 I occasionally have a ball fly off the lock rail, but that only happens about 5-10% of the time.

#2158 6 years ago

Also this is what I was referring to when I said my left flipper seems to be higher than my right one. You can see more of the wood outline inside that black circle on the right one than on the left. Slow rolling balls still bounce when coming onto the left flipper a bit and make shots feel awkward, and this never occurs on the right flipper. Every ball that enters the right flipper goes smoothly down it with no bounce.

IMG_0978 (resized).jpgIMG_0978 (resized).jpg
IMG_0979 (resized).jpgIMG_0979 (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpgIMG_0980 (resized).jpg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpgIMG_0981 (resized).jpg

#2159 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please post on your ticket again.
LTG : )

Lloyd, posted again on my ticket right after you posted this. Last time I've heard back from anybody on my ticket is now over a week ago.

#2160 6 years ago
Quoted from IonRay:

Lloyd, posted again on my ticket right after you posted this. Last time I've heard back from anybody on my ticket is now over a week ago.

Please PM me the ticket number.

Thank you,
Lloyd

#2161 6 years ago

737 delivered today and place on route. I now have 4 of the 6 pins at Token Game Tavern in Knoxville. This is now by far the best place in town for Pinball.

Topper not working fully. Only the eyes light up but nothing else. Documentation sucks. Everything is labellled but only sort of and not obvious.

Super skill shot only going around about 50% of the time.
I think this pin is gonna kill it on route.

Darin

5126DD54-D21F-47C7-8157-FFC253FBDEDE (resized).jpeg5126DD54-D21F-47C7-8157-FFC253FBDEDE (resized).jpeg

62E4A6CD-D6FD-43B5-BCC1-EE7E6A0151E1 (resized).jpeg62E4A6CD-D6FD-43B5-BCC1-EE7E6A0151E1 (resized).jpeg

EAA345AC-EAE6-4BF5-823C-4707AF8E16AA (resized).jpegEAA345AC-EAE6-4BF5-823C-4707AF8E16AA (resized).jpeg

#2162 6 years ago

CGC has hinted they may offer a saucer upgrade to SE owners in the future. Not being familiar with the playfield mechs, would you anticipate that being a simple changeover ? Do the saucers simply plug in or are solder skills required?

#2163 6 years ago

Talked to Doug at CG and they are planning on making a saucer kit in the near future.

#2164 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Talked to Doug at CG and they are planning on making a saucer kit in the near future.

Bring it on! I will get these as soon as they drop.

#2165 6 years ago

Upgraded to Titan rubber, fluorescent green plastic protectors, black flipper bats. Waiting for my Cliffy's!
IMG_1333 (resized).JPGIMG_1333 (resized).JPG

#2166 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Upgraded to Titan rubber, fluorescent green plastic protectors, black flipper bats. Waiting for my Cliffy's!

It looks amazing! Coincidentally I was thinking about doing that upgrade as well, obviously same color as yours!

Thanks for posting!
Regards

#2167 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It looks amazing! Coincidentally I was thinking about doing that upgrade as well, obviously same color as yours!
Thanks for posting!
Regards

Do the Titans change the feel of the game. Pretty sure I put a pair on my MMR, and immediately took them off because it sort of slowed things down.

Your thoughts?

#2168 6 years ago

AFMr LE # 769 Reporting for duty at Brewskis Bar & Arcade in San Diego...Same issue with topper not working.

IMG_7605 (resized).JPGIMG_7605 (resized).JPG

#2169 6 years ago
Quoted from IonRay:

Yeah, I have no doubt that CGC will get it all worked out in the end, but for the moment it's super frustrating!
There's plenty of posts on issues from just about all manufacturers and there's a lot of parts going into these things and totally understandable that things will need to be adjusted and setup by the end user but AFM LE is supposed to be *the* machine that is perfect out of box.

I had a support issue (unpacking issue) with my afmrle and they took care of it ASAP part shipped out like lightning. I cant be more happy with their support.

#2170 6 years ago

Can someone please post a photo of what all the wires look like on a topper that is fully working? Much appreciated.

Darin

#2171 6 years ago

Joe where did you get the plastic protectors from and do you have a nice pic of them in the dark .

THX Allen

#2172 6 years ago

For those that are having problems with the topper, is the problem not being able to connect all the wires? The reason I ask is that on mine, a couple of the connectors had a piece of plastic (like a plastic pin) blocking one of the holes. I have no idea why they came like this. I was hesitant to try and remove the plastic pin but it was obvious that the only way to connect the wires was to remove those pins. I used needle nose pliers and they didn't exactly come out easily but once out I connected everything and the topper works fine. Anybody else have these plastic pins blocking holes on their connectors?

#2173 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

For those that are having problems with the topper, is the problem not being able to connect all the wires? The reason I ask is that on mine, a couple of the connectors had a piece of plastic (like a plastic pin) blocking one of the holes. I have no idea why they came like this. I was hesitant to try and remove the plastic pin but it was obvious that the only way to connect the wires was to remove those pins. I used needle nose pliers and they didn't exactly come out easily but once out I connected everything and the topper works fine. Anybody else have these plastic pins blocking holes on their connectors?

We had them on ours, they were removed during install and everything works fine.

#2174 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Can someone please post a photo of what all the wires look like on a topper that is fully working? Much appreciated.
Darin

Here is a picture of mine without the last plug installed. The last plug required the removal of a pin plug. But Dont look at that....look at the connection on the board...they are all labeled. Again....they are all labeled on the circuit board look closely with a flashlight and you cant mess up.
Cheers

20171227_183625 (resized).jpg20171227_183625 (resized).jpg

#2175 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Joe where did you get the plastic protectors from and do you have a nice pic of them in the dark .

Pibits sells them. Clear, green or red. No pics right now. Have the game apart for install of cliffys.

#2176 6 years ago

This is the exact same way mine was, and it's what my vendor was confused and cautious about because nothing in the instructions mentions this. He figured the plastic pin had to be removed but the manual doesn't say.

#2177 6 years ago

Is the SOL Cliffy really necessary? The mantis protector fits perfectly.

I added the mothership Cliffy and it was definitely needed.

#2178 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Is the SOL Cliffy really necessary? The mantis protector fits perfectly.
I added the mothership Cliffy and it was definitely needed.

I swapped out the mantis for a cliffy - call me paranoid but I like having the lip protection on both sides of the SOL because it gets abused hard.

#2179 6 years ago

Anyone know what color that is on titan's site? I don't see a choice that matches it. They have one called glow, but no picture of it on the site.

#2180 6 years ago

I had a plastic pin blocking one hole on a four-pin connector. It was the last one I connected (the same one Dodgey took a photo of a few posts ago) so I was sure it needed to be removed, especially after reading multiple posts here. I used my fingernail and it slid out very easily. Plugged it in and everything works fine.

#2181 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I swapped out the mantis for a cliffy - call me paranoid but I like having the lip protection on both sides of the SOL because it gets abused hard.

I actually put the Cliffy over the mantis on SOL.
Sounds strage I know, but the Cliffy was just a hair to small so it fitted over the mantis. Not 100% perfect but it works.

#2182 6 years ago

Goofy side question: what's with people flagging the reviews rated with a 10 as bogus in the Top100 rankings?

#2183 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Goofy side question: what's with people flagging the reviews rated with a 10 as bogus in the Top100 rankings?

They don't want the greatest game ever to be rated that highly. Just my opinion of course but hard to explain it otherwise.

#2184 6 years ago

I submitted a ticket with CGC for my flipper position issue and also mentioned my shooter issue, CGC sent me a PDF with instructions for bending that shooter lane ramp so I guess that is the established fix at this point for the issue.

#2185 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I was considering doing that but I'm starting to think I'm changing things just for the sake of changing them. I installed the Cliffy under the mantis but the lip kept popping up so I removed it. I might try putting it over the mantis. I do like how the mantis covers the complete inside edge because I have also noticed the clearcoat likes to flake off on the edges.

#2186 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I submitted a ticket with CGC for my flipper position issue and also mentioned my shooter issue, CGC sent me a PDF with instructions for bending that shooter lane ramp so I guess that is the established fix at this point for the issue.

Bending the shoot lane ramp is a partial solution. Hopefully the instructions mention aligning the plunger, which for me was a bigger deal.

snaroff

#2187 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Bending the shoot lane ramp is a partial solution. Hopefully the instructions mention aligning the plunger, which for me was a bigger deal.
snaroff

Gotcha. The PDF mentions that you can move the plunger as well by loosening the screws and adjusting it. I'll play around with both this weekend and see if I can get it firing perfect.

#2188 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

I was considering doing that but I'm starting to think I'm changing things just for the sake of changing them. I installed the Cliffy under the mantis but the lip kept popping up so I removed it. I might try putting it over the mantis. I do like how the mantis covers the complete inside edge because I have also noticed the clearcoat likes to flake off on the edges.

I could not fit the Cliffy under the mantis but this kind of worked.
I have had the ball stuck on top of the inner cliffy (by the bumpers) a few times but an easy nudge drops it into SOL.

IMG_2358 (resized).jpgIMG_2358 (resized).jpg

IMG_2357 (resized).jpgIMG_2357 (resized).jpg

#2189 6 years ago

I ended up just removing the mantis and going with the Cliffy. It’s easy enough to get to I can see how it does and revisit later.

139BE25E-ADEA-4B0B-BA2D-564C285144A7 (resized).jpeg139BE25E-ADEA-4B0B-BA2D-564C285144A7 (resized).jpeg

65019D71-24FA-4497-AEF7-6DB5B6701A31 (resized).jpeg65019D71-24FA-4497-AEF7-6DB5B6701A31 (resized).jpeg

#2190 6 years ago

Adii, you should note, that unprotected area on your SOL hole is exactly where I got a nice chip, even with the mantis protector. Get something on that segment. I added a length of mylar on that spot, over the chip, in hopes it might help future hits in that area.

With zero protection seems that area might be vulnerable.

#2191 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do the Titans change the feel of the game. Pretty sure I put a pair on my MMR, and immediately took them off because it sort of slowed things down.
Your thoughts?

Good point to think about... thank you Damien.

#2192 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Adii, you should note, that unprotected area on your SOL hole is exactly where I got a nice chip, even with the mantis protector. Get something on that segment. I added a length of mylar on that spot, over the chip, in hopes it might help future hits in that area.
With zero protection seems that area might be vulnerable.

Good idea, thanks! I'm thinking some mylar behind the 3 bank dropdown target too. I don't think there is anything there.

#2193 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Good idea, thanks! I'm thinking some mylar behind the 3 bank dropdown target too. I don't think there is anything there.

Which mylar do I get and where do I order it?

Thanks!

#2194 6 years ago

How’s this? I had this spare Cliffy. I think it’s usually used at the ball trough. If this doesn’t stay here I’ll let you know.

E4DBA745-B1F6-4C8A-A47B-1BAB18C2BD3C (resized).jpegE4DBA745-B1F6-4C8A-A47B-1BAB18C2BD3C (resized).jpeg

#2195 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

How’s this? I had this spare Cliffy. I think it’s usually used at the ball trough. If this doesn’t stay here I’ll let you know.

Hey man, if it works thats a great idea!

#2196 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Which mylar do I get and where do I order it?
Thanks!

I have a bunch from Pinball Life and just cut to fit. You should order some to have around.

#2197 6 years ago

Thanks again for the heads up!

#2198 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Very good idea. I'm starting to think of removing the mantis and putting in the Cliffys instead, and using my ball trough cliffy for the SOL as you have done...

#2199 6 years ago

Interesting difference in new vs old playfield.
The new PF from CGC looks beautiful on top but the old Bally PF looks nicer and more work put into the detailed woodwork.
Not that it makes any difference in gameplay.

06-Ready-repair (resized).jpg06-Ready-repair (resized).jpg

IMG_2374 (resized).PNGIMG_2374 (resized).PNG

#2200 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

This is the exact same way mine was, and it's what my vendor was confused and cautious about because nothing in the instructions mentions this. He figured the plastic pin had to be removed but the manual doesn't say.

The reason for that "block" in the connector is that the board was intended to have only three pins. As you now know, there are four pins. The logic as it was explained to me was that by blocking that cavity and removing the pin, the connector would not be able to be installed 180 degrees "off".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/44?hl=jmagla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.