pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 212.
#1851 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You started this thread to discuss issues with AFMr. Hearing you defend AFMr with "well my AFMr has been perfect from day 1" and "Stern NIB pins are the worst" doesn't seem like the best approach for encouraging folks to discuss their issues.
I have nothing but respect for what CG has accomplished with AFMr. Doug, Lloyd and the other CG folks have been incredibly supportive. It's my first CG pin and I couldn't be more impressed with the way they have engaged with me. The ticket system is efficient and we had a quick video chat last night so they could see my pin first hand.
snaroff

They are all incredible over there! Communication is second to none. CGC does understand the meaning of customer support. Stern on the other hand, is apparently too big to care.

BUY WITH ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE!

#1852 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Its gotta be software......... I put on default and it works great.

I feel your pain! I did the same thing tonight I managed to get mine to shoot properly set to +1 now but it still is not consistently smooth so I am thinking of going back to default. I did find one thing that calmed it down a little. The metal ramp at the end of the shooter lane had a spring to it. It wasn't sitting flat at the end (it kinda stuck up in the air a bit) So I pulled it out and tweaked a little so it would sit down when screwed down. Made a small difference.

#1853 6 years ago

Here is the ramp.

DBA6B9B0-60B8-4857-9FDA-416786600FCA (resized).jpegDBA6B9B0-60B8-4857-9FDA-416786600FCA (resized).jpeg

9E2B8275-270B-4CAF-9609-F34336E48A7C (resized).jpeg9E2B8275-270B-4CAF-9609-F34336E48A7C (resized).jpeg

#1854 6 years ago

Ok guys ....... Update. After looking at this problem all day I feel it’s two fold. One being the shooter housing and the second being the ramp not centered and hitting the rivets

I am not saying this is a fix for all machines but this is defiantly a problem on mine so please check.

As you seen in my previous pic the ramp is NOt centered in the shooter lane. It would hit the right river and divert the ball left enough to not make the loop 50% of the time and 25% of that was very slow

The only solution to this aspect of the problem is to move slide the ramp up 1/4 inch center and drill two fresh holes. No matter what CG come up with there is only this solution to this problem to stop it from hitting the rivets.

You will NOT see the holes ever and it’s been working 100% if the time for the past 3 hours

I used double sided tape to hold it in place and test for a few day but I am very confident it’s fixed. I will drill in place and attach after a few days.

I’m running max to get the speed.

I did a YouTube with 50 shooter lane shots in a row with zero rejects. I used a rubber band to hold the diverted open to make sure it makes the lube with nice speed

Here is the video

#1855 6 years ago

So after reading through the latest suggestions, I also took the apron off to get a better look at where exactly the plunger was striking the ball. Seemed a little on the high side. I moved the washer on the 4th bolt previously, which helped line up the plunger mech with the playfield so the side to side was already pretty accurate, fortunately.
Using a washer under the third bolt at the back, then tightening down the mech again, it looked like the plunger was now pretty much dead-center.

Problem solved, bitches! Works like a freakin charm.

I did also level the game earlier today and try variations on the auto-plunger strength. I would suggest doing the same.
Level first, then center the plunger, then try some variations on the plunger strength.

Good luck and THANK YOU for all the posts with pics. VERY helpful!

#1856 6 years ago

I lowered the plunger strength one level and it makes the orbit about 85-90 percent of the time. I’ll look at possibly shimming the plunger mech to see if that gets me to 100%. I’ve also reduced the flipper strength to -10, it shoots pretty good but I might reduce it a little more.

Having a blast with this game. Can’t wait to see what CGC #3 is going to be.

#1857 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So after reading through the latest suggestions, I also took the apron off to get a better look at where exactly the plunger was striking the ball. Seemed a little on the high side. I moved the washer on the 4th bolt previously, which helped line up the plunger mech with the playfield so the side to side was already pretty accurate, fortunately.
Using a washer under the third bolt at the back, then tightening down the mech again, it looked like the plunger was now pretty much dead-center.
I did also level the game earlier today and try variations on the auto-plunger strength. I would suggest doing the same.
Level first, then center the plunger, then try some variations on the plunger strength.

Interesting. I'm a little confused on the third bolt, can you post a picture.
And thanks to all who are diagnosing this.

#1858 6 years ago

See the pic posted by snaroff (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/37#post-4128821).

He slid a thin washer under the mtg bracket on the rightmost screw. You can see the right side of the bracket is lifted off the playfield. That washer might be a tad too thick, but you can see the idea.

#1859 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Interesting. I'm a little confused on the third bolt, can you post a picture.
And thanks to all who are diagnosing this.

Exactly what MarkP said. Washer goes under the plate, furthest from where the plunger strikes the ball.
Lifting up the back end, this lowers the contact point on the ball.
Easily reversed if it doesn't work for you, I highly recommend you try it.

#1860 6 years ago

Or you can just push down just slightly on the bracket bending it just a little to get the alignment. No washers needed.

#1861 6 years ago

So is everyone’s shooter working 100% with the washers on the shooter ? Spoke with Doug today and they are looking into.

Since centering the shooter ramp I have had ZERO rejects on high.

If anyone is having this problem I would also just the position of that ramp.

#1862 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So is everyone’s shooter working 100% with the washers on the shooter ? Spoke with Doug today and they are looking into.
Since centering the shooter ramp I have had ZERO rejects on high.
If anyone is having this problem I would also just the position of that ramp.

How far off was yours? It's hard for me to tell if my ramp is off center. I did bend it down to remove any "play", and it didn't have much of an effect.

Glad you spoke to Doug. When I spoke to him last week, he said they haven't had many tickets on the shooter.

snaroff

#1863 6 years ago

Take a ball and with your hand just run it along each outer rail. If it touches a rivet especially the right one it’s off center.

I going to play for another day or two but I have not had even one reject since doing this just held with double sided tape.

#1864 6 years ago

I'm thinking about getting these two mods for my AFMr LE. I was curious to see if anyone else has tried them. If so, I'd like to ask if they are 100% compatible with the CGC version of the game and how happy are you with them?

3D Translite:
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-AFM-3D-TRANS

Plastic Shield Set:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/OS-AFMPROT001

I'm also curious on the community's thoughts on how useful/necessary the plastic shield set would be on this game.

#1865 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Aaaaaaaaand.... not fixed after all.
I'll have to now look into your solution, Hoby.

#1866 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So is everyone’s shooter working 100% with the washers on the shooter

No, But I think I have finally got what was causing my issue. After getting the alignment vertically with the plunger on the ball (by Bending slightly on the bracket), I was still getting an erratic ball launch (ball seemed to just wobble off the top of the shooter ramp). I removed the metal ramp at the end of the shooter lane (yes the one with the rivets). I determined that my ball wasn't hitting the rivets it was jumping too high off of that metal ramp. My ramp has a small crease about three quarters up where the ramp goes from an angle to flat. That crease was acting like a speed bump making the ball jump off the ramp instead of rolling off causing the erratic ball behavior entering the top of the playfield. I just smoothed that out with counter bend (opposite way as the crease)
Now the ball rolls off the ramp like should when its shot. IMHO I would try this before redrilling any holes and repositioning that ramp. My balls are launching correctly now at high setting.

#1867 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperHomer:

I'm thinking about getting these two mods for my AFMr LE. I was curious to see if anyone else has tried them. If so, I'd like to ask if they are 100% compatible with the CGC version of the game and how happy are you with them?
3D Translite:
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-AFM-3D-TRANS
Plastic Shield Set:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/OS-AFMPROT001
I'm also curious on the community's thoughts on how useful/necessary the plastic shield set would be on this game.

I have the 3D Translite from http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPM-3D-AFM-TRANSLITE I also have one on my MMRLE. Both look great.

#1868 6 years ago

whthrs166, do you have a picture of how it looks now?

#1869 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Pictures really dont do it justice or give the 3d effect.

#1870 6 years ago

Its really funny how touchy this simple action of a ball shooter is on this game.

I having trouble understanding why my ramp was off center if these are mass produced by template ..... or is this piece just drilled when installed.

All I can say is that....... everyone has great suggestions and like I said in my post , I was not sure everyones is like that.

Honestly it has been 100% dead on and fast since I did this with setting at MAX. Even if it comes back I feel that I should move it into its current position as there is no way around not having it hit the rivet if not centered.... thoughts ?

#1871 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Its really funny how touchy this simple action of a ball shooter is on this game.
I having trouble understanding why my ramp was off center if these are mass produced by template ..... or is this piece just drilled when installed.
All I can say is that....... everyone has great suggestions and like I said in my post , I was not sure everyones is like that.
Honestly it has been 100% dead on and fast since I did this with setting at MAX. Even if it comes back I feel that I should move it into its current position as there is no way around not having it hit the rivet if not centered.... thoughts ?

Here is a photo of the rivet location on my HEP AFM. Appears to be drilled closer to the corner/edge than AFMr. As long as the plunger is aligned and the ball path is in the center of the shooter, the rivets shouldn't be a problem. Nevertheless, if I were CGC, I'd make as many of these tweaks as possible to avoid potential issues. As we've discovered, it's tricky and multi-faceted (plunger horizontal/vertical "alignment", plunger strength, ramp rivets/humps).

snaroff

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 6.29.48 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-12-19 at 6.29.48 AM (resized).png

#1872 6 years ago

Yeah it would be difficult to show the difference with pictures. It really is easy to do. You just want to take out the speed bump by bending slightly backward. It will smooth out the ramp so that it is a gentle slope instead of an incline to speed bump.

#1873 6 years ago

I really hope that all of our corrective action here on this issue will help others dial in their game and get it performing properly. I also hope that it gets the attention of CGC to look into this issue and move forward with a corrective action on their end.

#1874 6 years ago

I have a sneaky suspicion that many people don’t realize they have the plunger issue because they aren’t utilizing the super skill shot by holding in the left flipper button.
If I simply hit the launch button, it’ll get to where it needs to be, but if you’re going for the super skill shot and need it go all the way around, there’s currently zero consistency out of the box, which is somewhat frustrating.
I had a good chat with Lloyd yesterday and shared my feeling that more than just a dozen or so guys have the plunger issue. I believe it’s a lot more than that. However, at the end of the day, I’m confident it’ll get resolved and I’m also blown away by this pin.

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I have a sneaky suspicion that many people don’t realize they have the plunger issue because they aren’t utilizing the super skill shot by holding in the left flipper button.
If I simply hit the launch button, it’ll get to where it needs to be, but if you’re going for the super skill shot and need it go all the way around, there’s currently zero consistency out of the box, which is somewhat frustrating.
I had a good chat with Lloyd yesterday and shared my feeling that more than just a dozen or so guys have the plunger issue. I believe it’s a lot more than that. However, at the end of the day, I’m confident it’ll get resolved and I’m also blown away by this pin.

I agree, but want to point out that my failures (and some others) weren't limited to the Super Skill Shot. For standard launches, the ball was failing to make it up to the lanes->pops...just dribbling down the right orbit after being misdirected.

snaroff

#1876 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

No, But I think I have finally got what was causing my issue. After getting the alignment vertically with the plunger on the ball (by Bending slightly on the bracket), I was still getting an erratic ball launch (ball seemed to just wobble off the top of the shooter ramp). I removed the metal ramp at the end of the shooter lane (yes the one with the rivets). I determined that my ball wasn't hitting the rivets it was jumping too high off of that metal ramp. My ramp has a small crease about three quarters up where the ramp goes from an angle to flat. That crease was acting like a speed bump making the ball jump off the ramp instead of rolling off causing the erratic ball behavior entering the top of the playfield. I just smoothed that out with counter bend (opposite way as the crease)
Now the ball rolls off the ramp like should when its shot. IMHO I would try this before redrilling any holes and repositioning that ramp. My balls are launching correctly now at high setting.

Well I looked at mine and it was defiantly the ramp was bent. Used a socket attention and pushed down a couple times in that crease and now it work 100 percent. However before and after I did this the ramp is off the playfield at top of the ramp that's under the metal guide and sticks out under the guide ramp too. Thanks for you update because I think it finally fixed it.

20171219_091432 (resized).jpg20171219_091432 (resized).jpg

#1877 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Good find. After looking at my ramp that hump was drastic. I used 1/4 inch extention and pushed down on it to level it out some. Now it works 100 percent. However before and after I did this I noticed at the front of this ramp that it can be pushed down and it comes back up. Dont think it supposed to move at all.
The ramp also....in my opinion... sticks out too far in the right out lane and might be affecting peoples right lane shots (See pic). Does anyone elses do this? Either way mine is fixed for now..

20171219_091432 (resized).jpg20171219_091432 (resized).jpg

#1878 6 years ago

Spoke with Doug and he emailed me again that they are working big on a fix

With mine centered and moved up a 1/4 inch it’s still 100%.

I willleave as is mounted with double sided tape till I get an answer

#1879 6 years ago

Even looking at my ball balancing on the river ........ you van see the crest of the shooter lane and how the ramp is way off center from the point

9458F0CC-553D-4408-90C3-1BACF71518DB (resized).jpeg9458F0CC-553D-4408-90C3-1BACF71518DB (resized).jpeg

#1880 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Either way mine is fixed for now..

Yay! That is awesome! Mine has been working perfectly. That skill shot is so fast now, that if you blink you will miss it.

#1881 6 years ago

Yep. Pulled the ramp out and bent it slightly opposite, reducing the angle a little. It's still a little bent, but auto launcher seems to be working 100% now, with worst case shots still making it around the orbit, but slowed a little.
Thanks for the tips!

#1882 6 years ago

Question for operators...I'm going to be buying an AFM-R to route. I currently have a Hobbit Smaug, SS, and GOT Pro and all doing very well (actually SS just been there a couple of days so wishful thinking.). Owner of the place is very excited to get AFM in there. Should I go SE or LE? In some ways leaning LE in green as maybe thinking the color and topper might draw more people not to mention the fact that mirrors and shaker are standard and I heard 2 year warranty (does that still apply to routed games?).

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Darin

#1883 6 years ago

Are you guys replacing the rubbers on your machines? If so, with what? I’m not too fond of the black rubbers the game comes with. Thanks.

#1884 6 years ago

Are you guys replacing the rubbers on your machines? If so, with what? I’m not too fond of the black rubbers the game comes with. Thanks.

I went with Red on the flippers and posts, White on the slings (Titans). I like the look, but would love to see other combinations.

/Edit: Hah, I see I missed a post next to the "A" target.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1885 6 years ago

Changing mine to Titans GITD. Didn't care for black either.

#1886 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Changing mine to Titans GITD. Didn't care for black either.

Great taste That's what I've had on my HEP AFM. They look awesome in the dark...the photo doesn't do it justice.

Will likely add the same to AFMr.

snaroff

IMG_5724 (resized).jpgIMG_5724 (resized).jpg

IMG_5727 (resized).jpgIMG_5727 (resized).jpg

#1887 6 years ago

White superbands with green flipper rubber

#1888 6 years ago

Went with green superbands, looking good imho.

IMG_2303 (resized).jpgIMG_2303 (resized).jpg

IMG_2302 (resized).jpgIMG_2302 (resized).jpg

IMG_2301 (resized).jpgIMG_2301 (resized).jpg

#1889 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Should I go SE or LE?

For $700 more, I'd go the LE. Great topper, better audio system with speaker lights, mirror blades, LED show on small playfield saucers, and double the warranty of the SE. Great location attraction piece.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I do tech support for them.

#1890 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Yes I have, but honestly I wouldn't email Phil - he's pretty good at keeping us in the loop when it all moves and when things happen he keeps us in the loop.
Neil.

Hi Neil, is that yours I've seen on Facebook today? Mine arrives tomorrow, what's your initial thoughts?

#1891 6 years ago

Does the game come with the dongle that b/w games. Came with for plugging into the service outlet in the front of cab,like an extension cord

#1892 6 years ago

Does anyone know if Pinbits plastic protectors for afm fit the Attack From Mars Remake.

#1893 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Does the game come with the dongle that b/w games. Came with for plugging into the service outlet in the front of cab,like an extension cord

No. Get it at Amazon, computer stores, etc.

Quoted from OldRon:

Does anyone know if Pinbits plastic protectors for afm fit the Attack From Mars Remake.

Yes.

LTG : )

#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from jmagla:

Hi Neil, is that yours I've seen on Facebook today? Mine arrives tomorrow, what's your initial thoughts?

no, mine on Friday - but I played the game and love it.

#1895 6 years ago

Just joined the club today. I’m assuming this isn’t just a great quality post that it came with

18330838-9A7B-496B-B07B-DDB7D07CB7F9 (resized).jpeg18330838-9A7B-496B-B07B-DDB7D07CB7F9 (resized).jpeg

#1896 6 years ago

I'm liking the green super bands but was considering the Titans who's green I don't care for. What to do?

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from OldRon:

I was told they do. Also is anyone has these can someone post a pic. Been wanting to buy the green ones and-or possibly the green and red combo

#1898 6 years ago

I'm liking the green super bands but was considering the Titans who's green I don't care for. What to do?

Titan has 2 shades of green...light translucent green and more traditional solid green. When I switched to Titan, there was no going back for me. Love the colors, longevity, and bounce. Nothing wrong with super bands, but I prefer Titan. Personal preference...

snaroff

#1899 6 years ago

titans for sure the bounce on them is the best there is IMO.

#1900 6 years ago

Titans here too

No issues on regular launch

50% on the super skill shot. Waiting on fix but until then loving this game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/38?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.