IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 211.
#1751 6 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

here you go...

...more Saucers

905BE853-EF4C-49D3-BCFA-213E562420C2 (resized).png905BE853-EF4C-49D3-BCFA-213E562420C2 (resized).png

#1752 6 years ago

Here is one of the ones from ace. They appear to be thicker and less wide than the others.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1753 6 years ago

Is there a feature setting for the Saker ?
I can not find it

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I can not find it

Its in the CGC menu

#1755 6 years ago

Hello Everybody

AFMrLE # 626 reporting for duty here from NY. Loving everything about this game and the fit & finish. This is my 3rd pin along side AF & TZ.

So far out of the box I’ve adjusted the following:

Playfield pitch = 6.8*
Shaker = Min.
Shooter Strength = Max.
Flipper Strength = -8

Also slings did not fire so I adjusted the leaf switches.

Having an issue with a Test Error
Switch F6- U.R. Flipper But.

Anyone know how I can start to diagnose & solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

#1756 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I can not find it

Yes in CGC under Coils Menu.

AED36B3B-A395-488E-8903-58CD1985FF5F (resized).jpegAED36B3B-A395-488E-8903-58CD1985FF5F (resized).jpeg

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from masterchen:

Switch the flipper boards to see if the error follows the board, If so then open a ticket with CGC.

#1759 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats a cool device...I'm surprised your voltage varies so much, and has that much of an impact...

After installing/monitoring the device, turns out my AC voltage doesn't vary much and is in an acceptable range of 116-120 (consistent throughout the home).

CGC wanted to verify my home AC voltage (since my plunger & flippers were playing unusually strong even when dialed down using the software settings).

None of my other pins (or audio equipment, appliances, etc.) have experienced any electrical issues, so I'm not surprised the AC checked out.

snaroff

#1760 6 years ago

Received #711 yesterday in Martian green and yes my game has the shooting lane issue. I have some work to do, but otherwise it looks awesome.

#1761 6 years ago
Quoted from masterchen:

I've been having the same issue off/on, everything plays fine, so not sure what is up. I've seen it show up for both flippers, then the next power up nothing, then back to F6.

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I've been having the same issue off/on, everything plays fine, so not sure what is up. I've seen it show up for both flippers, then the next power up nothing, then back to F6.

Have you tried reseating the plugs on the flipper boards? It sounds like a connection issue. I had this happen on my SS once. I switched the flipper boards to see if the problem followed the board and it stopped permanently. So I concluded that it was a connection issue.

#1763 6 years ago

I’ll have to take a look at the connections & consider swapping boards. Will report back with my findings. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

#1764 6 years ago

After making the same adjustment to the plunger coil that Snaroff was kind enough to illustrate with pics, and then levelling the machine side to side at the back and near the flippers, I'd say I have my pin working about 95% to how it was designed.
Still appears as though the left orbit guiderail may have been bent or something, but I'm going to play it this way for now and consider replacing the guiderail some time in the future.

I assume nobody else is seeing rejects from the left orbit? I can make the shot 3 times in a row on some games, but there are times when the ball seems to hit that guide rail and loses all steam, immediately. Definitely not the way it's supposed to function.

#1765 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

After making the same adjustment to the plunger coil that Snaroff was kind enough to illustrate with pics, and then levelling the machine side to side at the back and near the flippers, I'd say I have my pin working about 95% to how it was designed.
Still appears as though the left orbit guiderail may have been bent or something, but I'm going to play it this way for now and consider replacing the guiderail some time in the future.
I assume nobody else is seeing rejects from the left orbit? I can make the shot 3 times in a row on some games, but there are times when the ball seems to hit that guide rail and loses all steam, immediately. Definitely not the way it's supposed to function.

Glad the diagram helped! I really hope folks with shooter lane issues open tickets with CGC...they need to know about the frequency so they can tweak future builds. At the moment, I don't think CGC thinks this is widespread (which is why the brand new builds still have the problem...mine was built on 12/6, only 10 days ago!)

My left orbit has occasional rejects as well. fwiw, the rejects don't happen on my HEP AFM. I need to compare the 2 when I get a chance.

snaroff

#1766 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Glad the diagram helped! I really hope folks with shooter lane issues open tickets with CGC...they need to know about the frequency so they can tweak future builds. At the moment, I don't think CGC thinks this is widespread (which is why the brand new builds still have the problem...mine was built on 12/6, only 10 days ago!)
My left orbit has occasional rejects as well. fwiw, the rejects don't happen on my HEP AFM. I need to compare the 2 when I get a chance.
snaroff

I would like to see CGC make a new bracket for the shooter solenoid so the shooter plunger will hit the ball correctly.

#1767 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

My wife told me today that ours had that problem early on. She thinks that when I set my flipper strength to -2 that it stopped. I played mine just now just to hit that orbit as many times as I could and it was smooth. What are your flippers set to, (strength) and post up a pick of your flippers so to see how they are configured. Maybe also a pic of that lane to compare to mine.

#1768 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My wife told me today that ours had that problem early on. She thinks that when I set my flipper strength to -2 that it stopped. I played mine just now just to hit that orbit as many times as I could and it was smooth. What are your flippers set to, (strength) and post up a pick of your flippers so to see how they are configured. Maybe also a pic of that lane to compare to mine.

Interesting. My flipper strength is dialed down all the way to -23 and the pin still shoots very fast. I did notice that the left orbit was more clunky prior to dialing down the flipper strength. The voltage in my home is totally normal (116-120), so I have absolutely no idea why my flippers are on steroids. CGC working with me to diagnose.

No doubt that all these shot were designed with certain ball speeds. Exceed the speeds or put air between the ball/pf and shots can fail or feel lousy.

snaroff

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I would like to see CGC make a new bracket for the shooter solenoid so the shooter plunger will hit the ball correctly.

Unlikely, but definitely a good idea. I imagine it's the same part that's on the original. It has some horizontal play, but no vertical play. The shooter lane divot on the new PF's would have to be absolutely identical to the original NOS PF's to nail the vertical spacing (which is a tall order).

snaroff

#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Except that can vary from game to game.

And when the coil energizes, it pulls the plunger to one side, not perfectly straight back.

LTG : )

#1771 6 years ago

Except that can vary from game to game.
And when the coil energizes, it pulls the plunger to one side, not perfectly straight back.
LTG : )

Loyd you should take a look at how high that plunger is on the ball. Its a lot. That plunger isnt going to move that much.
Any of you guys that play pool know what the ball does when you hit it on top like that. If the bracket were adjustable, then we could dial it in on the games that need it. This situation will continue on to the next remake that is autolaunch (MB comes to mind).

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Loyd you should take a look at how high that plunger is on the ball. Its a lot. That plunger isnt going to move that much.
Any of you guys that play pool know what the ball does when you hit it on top like that. If the bracket were adjustable, then we could dial it in on the games that need it. This situation will continue on to the next remake that is autolaunch (MB comes to mind).

Mine a bit high...not too bad. I guess it varies from pin to pin.

Stern's auto launch is less finicky...doesn't depend on vertical alignment IIRC (only horizontal). Hopefully learned from some of the flawed designs of the past?

snaroff

#1773 6 years ago

My Game launches fine now. I am just saying that if the bracket were adjustable we wouldn't be having the issues with the launch and there are quite a few of us that have had that issue. At the very least, check the launch at QC before the game leaves.

#1774 6 years ago

AFMR LE #280 here.
I also have the shooter lane problem. I adjusted the angle by bending the plate the coil is attached to a bit but it did not help much.
Reported a ticket to CGC about it so I can get a fix if they make one.

I also noticed the Stroke of Luck scoop don't eject the same all the time. Most of the time it puts the ball quite high on the left flipper but sometimes it end up very low, almost sdtm.

Other then that the game is a beauty. It kicks my ass really hard with a lot of stdm and out lane drains

25353931_1985267111755440_1954217451488145553_n (resized).jpg25353931_1985267111755440_1954217451488145553_n (resized).jpg

25299494_1985267001755451_1722535889214178430_n (resized).jpg25299494_1985267001755451_1722535889214178430_n (resized).jpg

25443089_1985267108422107_3311792920437472376_n (resized).jpg25443089_1985267108422107_3311792920437472376_n (resized).jpg

25443221_1985267068422111_550542492215596754_n (resized).jpg25443221_1985267068422111_550542492215596754_n (resized).jpg

#1775 6 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

AFMR LE #280 here.
I also have the shooter lane problem. I adjusted the angle by bending the plate the coil is attached to a bit but it did not help much.
Reported a ticket to CGC about it so I can get a fix if they make one.
I also noticed the Stroke of Luck scoop don't eject the same all the time. Most of the time it puts the ball quite high on the left flipper but sometimes it end up very low, almost sdtm.
Other then that the game is a beauty. It kicks my ass really hard with a lot of stdm and out lane drains

Post 1680! Shooter lane fix. Should be much better after that.

#1776 6 years ago

I've also reduced my flipper strength to -23 and feel like I still have plenty of power. No launch issues and smooth orbits. Wonder what could cause so much variance in the flipper strength. I've currently got the game setup at 6.9 degrees.

#1777 6 years ago

I was experiencing a progressively worse skill shot issue and tried upping the flipper power with no gain. Then I tried to align the plunger with washers like some have suggested here and there was no change to my failed shots. So I took a better look and could see the ball was getting airborne and hitting the ramp as it left the shooter lane. I know some have shimmed up the ramp to correct this. What I did was lower the plunger strength back down to default and it appears that did the trick. I played about 20 games without a single ball failing to make the skill shot orbit. So my guess is what may be happening to some here is what happened to me. You first up the plunger strength to max and then try other fixes. The problem is that the plunger strength needs to be reduced once the plunger is aligned to stop the air-balls.

#1778 6 years ago

This happens because the plunger is hitting the top of the ball and there is no adjustment Shim the ramp and turn down the shooter power and everything should work fine.

#1779 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

My left orbit rejects semi frequently as well.

#1780 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I’ve had that problem from day one. Mentioned it in a post a while back but didn’t hear any others with that problem. I turned my flipper strength down as some have mentioned and it definitely works better. Still rattles out sometimes.

#1781 6 years ago

The voltage thing is odd to me, I've had my other two pins for almost a year in the same spot in my basement and the flippers are totally normal. Default on AFMr was like firing them out of a railgun.

#1782 6 years ago

Does anyone else think the shooter lane rejects occur when the ball contacts the wiring that crosses under the ramp right there? Is that standard? I’m pretty sure that’s where balls are hitting and losing required velocity.

#1783 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Does anyone else think the shooter lane rejects occur when the ball contacts the wiring that crosses under the ramp right there? Is that standard? I’m pretty sure that’s where balls are hitting and losing required velocity.

It hits the wire form ramp due to the launch solenoid plunger.

#1784 6 years ago

Number 714 was completed on 12-12-17 and was delivered yesterday. The game is truly a stunner and a blast to play. The plunger issue is present in my game, but it’s present for so many that I have to believe CGC will address this and fix it. My original MM sits next to this AFMR LE and it has no problems with the plunger.
Nevertheless, this game rocks!
Put up 11.8B with witnesses tonight. Love it!

#1785 6 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Number 714 was completed on 12-12-17 and was delivered yesterday. The game is truly a stunner and a blast to play. The plunger issue is present in my game, but it’s present for so many that I have to believe CGC will address this and fix it. My original MM sits next to this AFMR LE and it has no problems with the plunger.
Nevertheless, this game rocks!
Put up 11.8B with witnesses tonight. Love it!

Wow, they are still building these? Just saw some fresh CEs and SEs. Didn't check the date, but I wonder if all 3 can run down the same line now?

#1786 6 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

The plunger issue is present in my game, but it’s present for so many that I have to believe CGC will address this and fix it.

I worked with CGC on my auto-launch issue last week. The said they weren't aware of many folks having this issue, so please submit a support ticket with them. If owners don't submit support tickets, CGC is unable to recognize the scope of the problem. Pinside posts are useful to the community, but not so useful to CGC.

In 1996, B/W redesigned their auto-launch mech to avoid the problems we are dealing with on AFMr (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-21022). Since CGC uses B/W parts, in theory, this improved auto-launcher could be used in AFMr. My DILE uses this mech. After implementing the 2 workarounds on AFMr, my auto-launch works 99% of the time (so it's not a problem for me anymore). Continuing to build machines without correcting this issue is unfortunate. CGC seems like a great company and I'm sure once they are more aware of the scope of the problem, they will decide how to best correct the issue.

Quoted from abagwell:

The voltage thing is odd to me, I've had my other two pins for almost a year in the same spot in my basement and the flippers are totally normal. Default on AFMr was like firing them out of a railgun.

This is my biggest concern. Even when dialed down to -23, I am seeing balls violently/occasionally fly off my right wireform. Doesn't seem to happen as much on my left. This is my first CGC pin/platform, so I'm really new to this technology. Does anyone know if this is the same power management and board set used on MMr? Or has it been revised dramatically?

snaroff

#1787 6 years ago

I am working on a theory and a fix for the shooter problem besides making a new bracket

I was closely looking and old Bally parts and comparing them to new

This was a design issue I a long time ago. I trying to make a fix now with a plastic printed sleeve on the plunger

When the plunger is in rest position it only sits 24.5 mm in the sleeve

When like this is has 3-4 mm play at the tip compared to 1 mm play when in.

My threory is this is what’s giving the shooter inconsistency

I will let ya know

#1788 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

This is my biggest concern. Even when dialed down to -23, I am seeing balls violently/occasionally fly off my right wireform. Doesn't seem to happen as much on my left. This is my first CGC pin/platform, so I'm really new to this technology. Does anyone know if this is the same power management and board set used on MMr? Or has it been revised dramatically?
snaroff

Something must be going on with some of these games where the game is not responding to the adjustments. Have you tried setting your flippers to Min just to see if the game does indeed turn down the flipper power? I set my flippers to -2 and the game responded perfectly. I do not have any air balls (very few) and I do not have balls coming off of the ramps anymore on the (perfect) lock shot especially.

#1789 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I am working on a theory and a fix for the shooter problem besides making a new bracket
I was closely looking and old Bally parts and comparing them to new
This was a design issue I a long time ago. I trying to make a fix now with a plastic printed sleeve on the plunger
When the plunger is in rest position it only sits 24.5 mm in the sleeve
When like this is has 3-4 mm play at the tip compared to 1 mm play when in.
My threory is this is what’s giving the shooter inconsistency
I will let ya know

Does your plunger sit in the middle of the ball? If not how far off is it vertically?

#1790 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Something must be going on with some of these games where the game is not responding to the adjustments. Have you tried setting your flippers to Min just to see if the game does indeed turn down the flipper power? I set my flippers to -2 and the game responded perfectly. I do not have any air balls (very few) and I do not have balls coming off of the ramps anymore on the (perfect) lock shot especially.

My solenoid board actually failed on Friday (right flipper stopped working), so I can't try anything now

Before the board failure, I believe I tried the minimum flipper setting and they were totally unresponsive (which is odd since I believe -25 is the minimum and -23 is darn close).

CGC is sending me out a new board with new flipper coils tomorrow. If the new parts behave more like your game, then the source of the problem is clearer. As I stated in previous posts, I've been monitoring my AC current with a nifty device and it's spot-on (116-120, depending on time of day). In addition, my other pinball machines play perfectly with no flipper power issues.

Hopeful this will be resolved next week. Would be a bummer if this beauty isn't playable for my holiday guests...

snaroff

#1791 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Does your plunger sit in the middle of the ball? If not how far off is it vertically?

It sits center but vertical no. Matched it with shooter from my old AFM. It’s the same. I’m keeping it on as it definitely takes the play out.

40101088-EF4D-4CCF-B8C3-A1DFDAD99BF6 (resized).jpeg40101088-EF4D-4CCF-B8C3-A1DFDAD99BF6 (resized).jpeg

20AFF455-798B-41A7-B2B7-B9B8B534E6C8 (resized).jpeg20AFF455-798B-41A7-B2B7-B9B8B534E6C8 (resized).jpeg

D933DB43-60ED-4617-959C-D1E8A859B092 (resized).jpegD933DB43-60ED-4617-959C-D1E8A859B092 (resized).jpeg

#1792 6 years ago

Was thinking of picking up an SE really soon but a couple of the issues being talked about the last page or two here has made me decide to wait. Hopefully CGC figures them out shortly.

#1793 6 years ago

So, could a guy throw in an original plunger mech from a bally Williams from the 90s or wouldn’t that work/not compatible? Just curious.

Also forgot to mention that I also get a left gate closed error and there is also play in the bottom of my back box. You can push it in and out slightly. Not a big deal. Curious if others have seen this too? I’ll simply open a ticket.

#1794 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My game definitely responded to the adjustments, -18 is a noticeable difference compared to default. Also min results in my flippers just limply moving upwards slowly, ball won't even get more than a few inches off them. I still have an occasional ball fly off the rail at -18, but it was nearly 100% of the time at default.

#1795 6 years ago

So Pin_Guy, you said you can hold the left flipper and super skill shot all day and it never has an issue getting all the way around the upper orbit? Seems like this issue started to occur around the "middle" run of these machines, like something got off over time at the factory as they built them.

#1796 6 years ago

I played this yesterday for the first time and really like the look and color temperature of the warm white GI LEDs. Looks like these use a proprietary socket. Does anyone know if these are available in the standard bayonet socket?

Edit: Found them, Titan has these. They are the fluted dome LEDs, and a good price too.

#1797 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

So Pin_Guy, you said you can hold the left flipper and super skill shot all day and it never has an issue getting all the way around the upper orbit? Seems like this issue started to occur around the "middle" run of these machines, like something got off over time at the factory as they built them.

I have never experienced this and I do that skill shot on every ball.

#1798 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

What # is yours?

#1799 6 years ago

All the positive reviews I think I am going to join the club soon. Is the consensus to go LE? When they first came out I was not a fan of the green but now I feel it is the way to go.

#1800 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

My machine will do this every ball when the launch solenoid is set to default now. If I try to adjust it stronger, it will not even make it to the top of the pf without hitting the wire ramp (even after the shimming) every ball let alone the skill shot. This will be the case until we can find a way to get the launch solenoid plunger to hit the middle of the ball. (like it should)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 210.00
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Lonsdale, MN
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/36?hl=racecar85 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.