IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 211.
#1701 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Here is an annotated before/after photo that describes what fixed this for me. After a dozen or so launches, it seems to have done the trick! More testing is necessary, but looks good so far...

I decided to take another look at mine. ( plunger is working fine now after the wire form was raised) I have no gap. I did notice that the Plunger to Ball geometry is off and remains so due to the fact that there is no adjustment to correct it. The plunger is centered (left to right) but not vertically. The plunger is actually hitting the top of the ball. Again, there is no adjustment (bending included) to correct this problem. So in summation, launch power on the ball will be decreased due to this condition and there is nothing you can do about it that I can see. My game is launching fine so I am not going to take this any further.

#1702 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Amen to that, the two worst built machines I have ever purchased NIB (in terms of non-functional/defective item when delivered) were Star Trek and Metallica; hell, my Metallica actually had a bridge rectifier hanging by its wires in the backbox with the attaching hardware and heatsink found in the bottom of the shipping carton.

My Met Pro worked perfectly out of the box. Hope my luck continues with AFMr LE

#1703 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I know folks are having issues with this, but for what it's worth I have one of the first machines produced and my machine has never missed making the skill shot orbit without making any adjustments to the game that would effect this shot.

You started this thread to discuss issues with AFMr. Hearing you defend AFMr with "well my AFMr has been perfect from day 1" and "Stern NIB pins are the worst" doesn't seem like the best approach for encouraging folks to discuss their issues.

I have nothing but respect for what CG has accomplished with AFMr. Doug, Lloyd and the other CG folks have been incredibly supportive. It's my first CG pin and I couldn't be more impressed with the way they have engaged with me. The ticket system is efficient and we had a quick video chat last night so they could see my pin first hand.

snaroff

#1704 6 years ago

Fffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.
unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#1705 6 years ago

Some of the best built pins i've ever purchased are Stern pins. So let's stop that BS now and discuss what a GREAT F ING pin CGC has produced with this AFMR.

Holy crap, once again, i had no idea it was this good. Played it on location a couple of times and maybe the setup and lighting was crap BUT with the topper, light show and overall quality CGC has hit a home run here.

Simply fun awesomeness.

#1706 6 years ago

Btw outlane rubber is a bitch. Anybody else remove it? So sensitive its hard to nudge control. Reminds me of TWD which settled down after a bit.

Still needs some breaking in i suppose!

#1707 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

"Stern NIB pins are the worst" doesn't seem like the best approach for encouraging folks to discuss their issues

Come on Man! He didn't say that Stern Games were the worst NIB. He was speaking about two specific games he bought that had quality control issues when delivered NIB. Nobody is bashing Stern here just saying that it happens to best of them.

#1708 6 years ago

Quoted from whthrs166:Come on Man! He didn't say that Stern Games were the worst NIB. He was speaking about two specific games he bought that had quality control issues when delivered NIB.

It's the implication and inferences drawn from those comments

#1709 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's the implication and inferences drawn from those comments

Yeah but what he said is being skewed here. He was not Stern bashing he was making a point that it happens with other manufacturers and he used his personal experience.

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yeah but what he said is being skewed here. He was not Stern bashing he was making a point that it happens with other manufacturers and he used his personal experience.

Like we all don't know that? Please...Stern has taken shit for years. It's what happens when you are successful

As Ice said, implication and inferences...not skewed.

#1711 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw outlane rubber is a bitch. Anybody else remove it? So sensitive its hard to nudge control. Reminds me of TWD which settled down after a bit.
Still needs some breaking in i suppose!

Set your angle steeper. I set mine a little past the 2nd hash and balls seem to float less and tend to not soft bounce left to right

#1712 6 years ago

So my AFMR is suppose to show up tomorrow and interested in having all the optimum settings setup as we put it together during unboxing.

Can anyone take a moment to put in a post for all of the best settings, angle, elevation, flipper etc..that we should utilize for a new family just getting in the hobby... I recognize this is subjective but really just looking for a starting point. We ordered Cliffy’s for all our pins coming tomorrow but never thought to ask what would be the best way to configure these on initial setup.

Thank you for posting really appreciate your help!

#1713 6 years ago

Hi All - I am looking to purchase the LE and unfortunately there are none of the AFMr in my area to actually play. I currently have MET and AC/DC. I was going to purchase an AS for Xmas but then I saw the AFMr and thought it would be different and a better buy. Looking for some feedback before I drop 10K

Thx

#1714 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hi All - I am looking to purchase the LE and unfortunately there are none of the AFMr in my area to actually play. I currently have MET and AC/DC. I was going to purchase an AS for Xmas but then I saw the AFMr and thought it would be different and a better buy. Looking for some feedback before I drop 10K
Thx

You might want to call Jerry at P1 he just got some in, they have a number of pins setup in the show room, I was there last week but they did not have an AFMR setup, they might have got one setup by now on the floor. I Would invite you over to our place, but with holidays and family members coming in we are booked solid until the new year...our AFM is showing up tomorrow...

#1715 6 years ago
Quoted from Requis:

You might want to call Jerry at P1 he just got some in, they have a number of pins setup in the show room, I was there last week but they did not have an AFMR setup, they might have got one setup by now on the floor. I Would invite you over to our place, but with holidays and family members coming in we are booked solid until the new year...our AFM is showing up tomorrow...

I was at P1 last week as well and played the MMr and it was fun. Spoke with the guys there yesterday and they do not have one set-up and I don't think they plan on it either. Once you get yours let me know how you like it. Did you get the green trim or black?

#1716 6 years ago
Quoted from Requis:

So my AFMR is suppose to show up tomorrow and interested in having all the optimum settings setup as we put it together during unboxing.
Can anyone take a moment to put in a post for all of the best settings, angle, elevation, flipper etc..that we should utilize for a new family just getting in the hobby... I recognize this is subjective but really just looking for a starting point. We ordered Cliffy’s for all our pins coming tomorrow but never thought to ask what would be the best way to configure these on initial setup.

I leveled mine at 7.2 degrees and left everything else the way it was. Its probaly set up to play alittle faster but my 4 year old daughter has no problems playing it. Congrats on the puechase.

#1717 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I was at P1 last week as well and played the MMr and it was fun. Spoke with the guys there yesterday and they do not have one set-up and I don't think they plan on it either. Once you get yours let me know how you like it. Did you get the green trim or black?

I went with the black Trim, and will absolutely post back. Just one more day...can't wait!

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Thx

But with confidence. It’s just marvelous pinball. So good!

#1719 6 years ago

Just received a call from fedex freight, delivering tomorrow.

#1720 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Just curious, when you guys are getting these calls from the shipping companies did your distributor call you first to say it was sent out or were these call out of the blue?

#1721 6 years ago
Quoted from Requis:

That's going to be entirely personal preference.

I run my flippers at -6 and the game is level based on the manual, which is just touching the 2nd line. No other changes other than free ball adds.

Don't have any cliffy's etc, don't run them on my MMr either, again personal preference.

#1722 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Thx

Looks like you are about 3 hours from me. If you happen to be coming down my way or want to make the drive you are welcome to try mine out. PM me if interested.

#1723 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

That's going to be entirely personal preference.
I run my flippers at -6 and the game is level based on the manual, which is just touching the 2nd line. No other changes other than free ball adds.
Don't have any cliffy's etc, don't run them on my MMr either, again personal preference.

It's not just personal preference, it also depends on your homes AC voltage. I had to dial mine down to -23 and the flippers are still very strong. I decided to purchased this nifty little device to keep an eye on my voltage throughout the day.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CDJRLKI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

snaroff

#1724 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's not just personal preference, it also depends on your homes AC voltage. I had to dial mine down to -23 and the flippers are still very strong. I decided to purchased this nifty little device to keep an eye on my voltage throughout the day.
amazon.com link »
snaroff

Thats a cool device...I'm surprised your voltage varies so much, and has that much of an impact...

#1725 6 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Thx

As other have said buy this game with confidence. It is truly great.

#1726 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Just curious, when you guys are getting these calls from the shipping companies did your distributor call you first to say it was sent out or were these call out of the blue?

My distributor sent an email the other day saying before Christmas but no definite date, received a call from the shipper this morning saying tomorrow.

#1727 6 years ago

My distributor sent an email the other day saying before Christmas but no definite date, received a call from the shipper this morning saying tomorrow.

Awesome....very exciting. Have fun. I’m going crazy waiting.

#1728 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm going to get some of these. I noticed some variation in my games on certain days. Some days the flippers seem overpowered (on more than one game) and some normal. I never quite understood why.

#1729 6 years ago

Seems odd as the game should have built in voltage regulators... shouldn't vary day to day. Would be curious to see what you see with that device and if it does truly fluctuate.

#1730 6 years ago

Just got the call. Delivery tomorrow. About to join the club. Can’t wait!!

#1731 6 years ago

Its not a surprise that your house voltage would vary a little bit, but its really surprising that it would have an impact on flipper power! not doubting it, but its surprising...

#1732 6 years ago

Since my AFMr is arriving tomorrow, I need to ask for some help. To get the game down into my basement the back box needs to come off. Is there a post somewhere that details the process or if not, would that be explained in the owner's manual?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

#1733 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

amazon.com link »
snaroff

Yes these are great to have, I have a few around the house, very interesting to see what effects the voltage when you turn various equipment on..

#1734 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You started this thread to discuss issues with AFMr. Hearing you defend AFMr with "well my AFMr has been perfect from day 1" and "Stern NIB pins are the worst" doesn't seem like the best approach for encouraging folks to discuss their issues.

My machine being "perfect" was never said or inferred, and was in response to the previous comment about halting production to correct this problem early on. The second comments about MY stern machines were also in response to a separate post and were based on my own experiences, there is no bashing here these are just the facts.

Now what I don't like is that you are tying two separate responses to two separate posts together to make it appear to be something that it's not, as well as putting things in quotes that was never said. By tying them together like this and adding your own interpretations, you are taking everything out of context to make it appear to be something it's not.

#1735 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Fffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

I bet that's not what you said

#1736 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

I got the call from Disti as I payed for Installation services, and so they have all 4 of my pins and were waiting on my Dialed in LE...Now that they have arrived I got the call from the disti's installer that they will be here tomorrow morning...Gonna be a tough night getting to sleep anticipation is killing me been wanting to do this for years lol...feels like Christmas eve all over again when i was 6..ok 10....fine 48..

#1737 6 years ago

What 4 pins did you buy. Is this the start of your collection?

#1738 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

#1739 6 years ago

My standard came today......

#1740 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

My machine being "perfect" was never said or inferred, and was in response to the previous comment about halting production to correct this problem early on. The second comments about MY stern machines were also in response to a separate post and were based on my own experiences, there is no bashing here these are just the facts.
Now what I don't like is that you are tying two separate responses to two separate posts together to make it appear to be something that it's not, as well as putting things in quotes that was never said. By tying them together like this and adding your own interpretations, you are taking everything out of context to make it appear to be something it's not.

Quotes are often used to paraphrase (https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=definition:+paraphrase&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8).

The spirit of what I was saying was straightforward. Your literal quote "I have one of the first machines produced and my machine has never missed making the skill shot orbit without making any adjustments to the game that would effect this shot" doesn't help any of us with our issue.

For some odd reason, you felt compelled to defend CGC quality and bash Stern's, which (from my perspective) was inappropriate considering the context (of folks like me who are posting issues and looking for help/feedback). Does everything need to devolve into a "this vs. that" thread? (yes, I paraphrased again...you didn't literally say "this vs. that").

I love what CGC has accomplished (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-an-le-that-feels-like-an-le), however they are a fairly new manufacturer/platform and kinks should be discussed and resolved (the spirit of this thread).

#1741 6 years ago

Does anyone make a martian thats soft rubber....... As much as I love my new AFMr standard my original martian were the bomb

#1742 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

We bought NIB, AFMR LE, Dialed In LE, GOT premium, TWD premium

It is the start of our collection / hobby, once phase 2 of our game room is complete will hopefully be buying more.

Thanks everyone for all the great tips and information!

#1743 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I decided to take another look at mine. ( plunger is working fine now after the wire form was raised) I have no gap. I did notice that the Plunger to Ball geometry is off and remains so due to the fact that there is no adjustment to correct it. The plunger is centered (left to right) but not vertically. The plunger is actually hitting the top of the ball. Again, there is no adjustment (bending included) to correct this problem. So in summation, launch power on the ball will be decreased due to this condition and there is nothing you can do about it that I can see. My game is launching fine so I am not going to take this any further.

Yep, my plunger adjustment helped, but didn't fully resolve the problem. As you say, it's not that adjustable. I fiddled with some other ideas (reducing the coil strength, adjusting the shooter ramp) with not much luck.

I ended up raising the wireform with some washers. Works great. Hack or not, I'll do whatever it takes to get the ball moving in the right direction!

Thanks for sharing your experience,

snaroff

IMG_8463 (resized).jpgIMG_8463 (resized).jpg

#1744 6 years ago

I seem to recall someone using nylon washers for the leg bolts, does anybody know what size?

#1745 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Sure can or any hardware.

here you go...

e1974c23bb2240841f95b5036bed9bba6b95cfff (resized).jpge1974c23bb2240841f95b5036bed9bba6b95cfff (resized).jpg

#1746 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

So I found the solution for my problem about failed launches. I hope this isn't prior knowledge that I am repeating but after getting my game that was plagued with the problem almost half the time I started a ball, my searches were pretty skimpy. I hope this may help someone in here who receives their game and runs into the same problem. This is a video link that shows my original issue. Keep in mind I ramble on throwing out ideas and thoughts on why its doing it. However, if you watch the first minute, you will see my first two launches fail and get the gist of what is going on.
» YouTube video
I created a support ticket through the CGC website and was quickly contacted. After watching the video the tech insisted that the ball was hitting the wireform and thought it was a combination of a misaligned auto launch kicker and a wireform/habitrail that sat too low. I skeptically adjusted the kicker, which helped some and then shimmed the connector for the habitrail ever so slightly higher. I have since played 25 games without one failed launch.
Below shows a photo of the screw that can be shimmed. I used a couple of #8 washers but a nylon spacer in black or white would probably look the best. I am so thankful it was such a simple fix. I'm loving the game and am very thankful for the help offered.

Thank God I read though all the posts again and saw this because this is exactly what happening on mine. I must have slipped number 25 in the posts. Crossing my fingers this works

#1747 6 years ago

Aliens are here !

1513351947516802805990 (resized).jpg1513351947516802805990 (resized).jpg

1513351998992724652686 (resized).jpg1513351998992724652686 (resized).jpg

#1748 6 years ago

I seem to recall someone using nylon washers for the leg bolts, does anybody know what size?

The ones I use that work great are at Ace hardware. They are the “extra thick nylon washers 3/8” they have the white only you can paint them any color. The white look fine on the black trim.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1749 6 years ago

Got the call as well! Today/Friday between 2pm-6pm. The 9 month wait is almost over!!

#1750 6 years ago

Thank you for your link; however, I do know what paraphrasing means and against my better judgement I am going to correct you as your usage of and understanding of quotation marks is incorrect.

Rule 1. Use double quotation marks to set off a direct (word-for-word) quotation.

Correct: "I hope you will be here," he said.
Incorrect: He said that he "hoped I would be there." (The quotation marks are incorrect because hoped I would be there does not state the speaker's
exact words.)

source: http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/35?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.