pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 212.
#1551 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've never had a coil stop do that (over 13 years and 30-40 pins)...hopefully an uncommon build snafu.

It is more common across several manufacturers. Been that way for a few years. I would imagine they are buying prebuilt flipper mechs and sticking them in. Which is fine.

Though they seem more prone to shipping stress and the coil stop screws coming loose.

LTG : )

#1552 6 years ago

Im playing with the flipper settings on my AFMr.
I have had them down to -8 and up to +2.

With the lower settings the game is more predictable and has plenty of power but lacks that feel of battle!
Im back up to default or -2.
The balls can fly off the wireforms on default, but the intensity of the game is improved a lot.
Im going to raise the pitch a little and keep the flippers at a high setting for now.

I really like the intense battle feel of the game at the higher rate in spite of a few airballs.

#1553 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I did this green for a customers AFM

Now that's Stellar! If it looked like that I would have been in on a green one!

#1554 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im playing with the flipper settings on my AFMr.
I have had them down to -8 and up to +2.
With the lower settings the game is more predictable and has plenty of power but lacks that feel of battle!
Im back up to default or -2.
The balls can fly off the wireforms on default, but the intensity of the game is improved a lot.
Im going to raise the pitch a little and keep the flippers at a high setting for now.
I really like the intense battle feel of the game at the higher rate in spite of a few airballs.

This is where I am at (-2) for the same reasons. An air ball or a jump once in awhile is fine for me. I like a fast thrilling game with lots of unknowns!

#1555 6 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with the lockdown bar moving on the game? With it locked down, the bar is moving forward and backward a little on the left side. Any suggestions?

#1556 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Has anyone had a problem with the lockdown bar moving on the game? With it locked down, the bar is moving forward and backward a little on the left side. Any suggestions?

Make sure the latch handle is pushed all the way to the right.
Also sometimes if the glass slides down a bit before you get the bar in place it will do that as well.

#1557 6 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

Yes mine was loose and needed adjustment so just lower those 2 brass looking screws and the handle will tighten up

#1558 6 years ago

I’m having an issue where the ball gets stuck under the spaceship after defeating it. A good shake will release it to the VUK but it’s registering as dirty pool or a lock when that happens. Any thoughts? Thanks

#1559 6 years ago

Can someone point me to a good guide for how to adjust flipper position? I think my left flipper is the tiniest bit off, balls have a tendency to bounce as they roll onto it just enough that it keeps throwing off my shots. I could also be crazy, but it really looks like the left side is a bit higher than the right side right?
IMG_0838 (resized).JPGIMG_0838 (resized).JPG

#1560 6 years ago

Best game to date. Destroyed Mars, with all the inserts lit.
Choked, trying to make the SOL hole shot for "Ruler of the Universe".
GC score. Epic fail.
Sigh.

#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Can someone point me to a good guide for how to adjust flipper position? I think my left flipper is the tiniest bit off, balls have a tendency to bounce as they roll onto it just enough that it keeps throwing off my shots. I could also be crazy, but it really looks like the left side is a bit higher than the right side right?

Yep your right it is off. I just compared it to mine. Use the distance between the dark gray area and the black line on the arrow. The right flipper is correct.

#1562 6 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

I’m having an issue where the ball gets stuck under the spaceship after defeating it. A good shake will release it to the VUK but it’s registering as dirty pool or a lock when that happens. Any thoughts? Thanks

I had this happen to me. The ball hangs up on the switch lever sometimes. You have to push that lever down some. There is an adjustment on the switch mount under the play field. 2 screws. Make sure you do not reduce the sensitivity of the switch so that the ball wont activate it once it runs over it.

#1563 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

There is a little hole in the playfield, just under the flipper bat. If you remove the flipper rubber, and then place a toothpick in the hole, the flipper should rest, touching the toothpick. You then tighten the flipper in that position.

Does that help? It should at least help you figure out which flipper bat is in the wrong position.

#1564 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

There is a little hole in the playfield, just under the flipper bat. If you remove the flipper rubber, and then place a toothpick in the hole, the flipper should rest, touching the toothpick. You then tighten the flipper in that position.
Does that help? It should at least help you figure out which flipper bat is in the wrong position.

Thanks will give it a shot, it's definitely the left one that is off, balls flow perfectly smooth down the right flipper but they tend to hop a bit when coming onto the left flipper, it's a very noticeable bounce.

#1565 6 years ago

This is the position adjustment bolt right?

IMG_0872 (resized).JPGIMG_0872 (resized).JPG

#1566 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

This is the position adjustment bolt right?

Yes with the nut

#1567 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I had this happen to me. The ball hangs up on the switch lever sometimes. You have to push that lever down some. There is an adjustment on the switch mount under the play field. 2 screws. Make sure you do not reduce the sensitivity of the switch so that the ball wont activate it once it runs over it.

Thanks much! I’ll take a look for that adjustment

#1568 6 years ago

It's on there pretty snug, first time working on my machine (minor thing I know), but being overly cautious. Give it some oomph to loosen it, then adjust the flipper and tighten it back up? Thanks by the way, appreciate all the kindness and helpfulness on this forum, everyone is so great in these owner threads.

#1569 6 years ago

Yep, that's pretty much the drill.

#1570 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yep, that's pretty much the drill.

Got it, thanks again everyone.

#1571 6 years ago

Is there a way to make the game boot up faster?

#1572 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Got it, thanks again everyone.

Spoke too soon...I loosened the nut and aligned the flipper, then tightened the nut back up, now every time I flip the left flipper it resets to a position further up each time...nut not tight enough?

#1573 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

.nut not tight enough?

Nut not tight enough.

Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Is there a way to make the game boot up faster?

No.

#1574 6 years ago

Cranked it, good now, and I got my first dirty pool!

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Cranked it, good now, and I got my first dirty pool!

Huh? I did not think Dirty Pool was implemented in AFMr.

#1576 6 years ago

Can you adjust the green guy ?
Mine is a bit turned to the right.Not in center.

20171210_205135 (resized).jpg20171210_205135 (resized).jpg

#1577 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Four screws hold him from the bottom of the topper base. You could try loosening his whole bracket assembly and turning a little.

#1578 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

So if I'm not mistaken on the old AFM a dirty pool was when you left a ball behind the target bank after killing a ship (has to occur during multi ball). The video I saw online of a "classic" dirty pool showed it give the pool immediately after the ship bank was back in the full raised position. I got a ball behind the bank in my game on my AFMr and it was just sitting there laying against the raised target bank for a while, nothing was happening. I decided to shoot at the bank while the ball was laying against the targets and the force of my ball hitting the front of the targets kicked the ball behind the targets up and into the open ship hole, at that point the game flashed Dirty Pool and destroyed the next ship automatically for me!

#1579 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

It is. It’s the same Williams code.

#1580 6 years ago

I thought I had read AFMr code version used was prior to the AFM version that brought Dirty Pool. Certainly could have been bad info.

#1581 6 years ago

Just unboxed my LE #280 this weekend, what an awesome machine!
There was a group of people playing the games all night and we all noticed the right ramp lost the ball at times.
It sometimes hit the glass or jumped over to the shooter lane. And when I played it today I got a ball stuck.

I have the flippers on default strength and don't really want to bring them down.
Anyone else having these issues?

24991017_10158840942413682_8729916487536539980_n (resized).jpg24991017_10158840942413682_8729916487536539980_n (resized).jpg

#1582 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I thought I had read AFMr code version used was prior to the AFM version that brought Dirty Pool. Certainly could have been bad info.

AFMr is running the last official code released by Bally-Williams, Version 1.1, which includes the “Dirty Pool” feature.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/9#post-3935388

#1583 6 years ago

Thanks for the link. I'll need to watch out for this.

#1584 6 years ago

Trying to install Cliffys and this little bugger won't come out. Do I bang or unscrew it out?

20171210_181026 (resized).jpg20171210_181026 (resized).jpg

#1585 6 years ago

Grab it with vice grips and twist it out.

Quoted from GreenMarine:Trying to install Cliffys and this little bugger won't come out. Do I bang or unscrew it out?

#1586 6 years ago
Quoted from GreenMarine:

Trying to install Cliffys and this little bugger won't come out. Do I bang or unscrew it out?

I’m having the same issue, even with vice grips won’t come out

#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

Remove the nut off the back of it and use a small punch and carefully hammer it out. I had the same issue and was able to remove it with zero damage.

#1588 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Let me know how it goes, mine is a bit off as well, curious how much a pain it is, so i haven't bothered to even mess with it yet

#1589 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Remove the nut off the back of it and use a small punch and carefully hammer it out. I had the same issue and was able to remove it with zero damage.

Ok thanks, will try that

#1590 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Punched it out. Thanks dude!!

#1591 6 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

Trust me,it's alot easier with the nut off.

#1592 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Trust me,it's alot easier with the nut off.

you can actually install the Cliffy with the metal insert in place...its a pain in ass but it fits

Image-16 (resized).pngImage-16 (resized).png

#1593 6 years ago

Glad to see that the Maersk container ship Brani has resurfaced in Auckland Harbour, NZ. We still might receive our AFMr machines this side of Christmas here in Australia!

#1594 6 years ago

Getting my LE delivered thursday

#1595 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Glad to see that the Maersk container ship Brani has resurfaced in Auckland Harbour, NZ. We still might receive our AFMr machines this side of Christmas here in Australia!

Sydney should be ok, Adelaide might be Martian free at this rate. Fingers crossed.

#1596 6 years ago

Has anyone installed the full set of Cliffys? Where exactly does the litte lock hole cliffy attach to? Also, where does the mother ship 3 target cliffy attach to? I see two hole cutouts but nothing under playfield to match them up with?

#1597 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Let me know how it goes, mine is a bit off as well, curious how much a pain it is, so i haven't bothered to even mess with it yet

I'll try later today after work.Will let you know.Not the biggest issue but curious if there are any room for adjustements

Quoted from LTG:Four screws hold him from the bottom of the topper base. You could try loosening his whole bracket assembly and turning a little.

I only see 4 screws on the braket behind him + the 3 that secure him to the topper.Are there any other screws i should look at ?
Can't see how loosening the 4 on the bracket would help but i'll try

#1598 6 years ago

Any ideas for mods,I was thinking star post LEDs.I quess it is so perfect that owners never thought much about it,,of corse back in 1995 mods were just not around

#1599 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Any ideas for mods,I was thinking star post LEDs.I quess it is so perfect that owners never thought much about it,,of corse back in 1995 mods were just not around

Martian LED eyes is a cool mod (I have it on my original), but routing the wires to a location that won't damage them is tricky. I'm getting an AFMr and don't plan on adding the feature to it. It has enough bling out of the box!

snaroff

#1600 6 years ago

So i can't seem to find the post but my superskill shot rarely makes the orbit. I turned the auto plunger up and it seems linked with mu SOL kick and makes it to violent. Someone posted i need to shim the plunger and i believe from time to time its contacting the right ramp. Anyone got pictures or advice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 79.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/32?hl=monte_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.