IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 211.
#1501 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, I was visiting New Hampshire on a routine TDY for the USAF this week, and I found a place called Flat Top Johnny's that had an SE of the game.
I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed. I had a complete blast playing it, and I won't deny once I do my mirco PF swap on my original, I am mulling over selling it and getting an SE. Game was sick, played great, felt right, and I just absolutely loved it.
The one thing really stopping me is all the good mods/upgrades (Bill Ung saucers, runway lights, martian LED eyes, PinBit strobe kit with upgraded strobe light, ColorDMD, Polk external sub, custom powercoated habittrails, all cliffys, custom painted saucers, all red ramps, Rottendog power driver board) I have currently in mine. I am even considering just buying an SE and "saving it for a rainy day" - after all - they'll produce those for a while, so it's not like I'm robbing anyone of a game.
So very happy for everyone that now owns this game. It really does play like the original (I'm not going to get into the weeds about how the flippers don't respond microseconds after the buttons are pushed), and I am absolutely eyeballing TPF 2018 with fingers crossed that MBr is coming next. AFMSE spoke well for CGC, and I will definitely bring home MBr if it as solid as this remake has been.

Good Info thanks for posting that. I always wondered what the original owners thought about the AFMrs. I am an original owner of MM and I have a similar view on that remake.

#1502 6 years ago

#589 arrived today after a 3 day shipping delay. Yesterday they called early afternoon to say “it didn’t fit in the truck. Would Saturday be OK?” Two days off of work... oh well. I’m sure it will be worth it.

Waiting for a friend to come by to help get her inside.

7B14EF1C-E3CC-4D79-B01F-63C05C365F86 (resized).jpeg7B14EF1C-E3CC-4D79-B01F-63C05C365F86 (resized).jpeg

#1503 6 years ago

Very Cool!

#1504 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

#589 arrived today after a 3 day shipping delay. Yesterday they called early afternoon to say “it didn’t fit in the truck. Would Saturday be OK?” Two days off of work... oh well. I’m sure it will be worth it.
Waiting for a friend to come by to help get her inside.

Congrats.
Guessing you cut the topper off the box already.

#1505 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Congrats.
Guessing you cut the topper off the box already.

Yes, topper is safe and sound. BUT.. the back box key is no where to be found. The hanger is there on the coin mechs, but no key. Checked the coin box, the goodie bag, etc. Talked to Carl @ GRG and he said that's where it should be, so we assumed it fell off in transit. Raised the playfield and three of us searched with flashlights for a good 15 minutes. Couldn't find it. I even looked in the backbox from the bottom, and didn't see it. Of course if was in the back box it would be a catch-22. No back box key means no topper. I was scared to turn it on, with the small possibility that the key IS still there and it could short something, but it turned on and passed all the tests. I tried to call GRG back at 5:01pm, but they closed at 5p. I'll call them back tomorrow and get Chicago gaming to send me a replacement key. I hope they maintain a database of key codes. The other annoyance is AFMR completed a wall of pins, so now to get the topper on I will have to pull the entire pin out. I think it may be time to invest in a lift table.

#1506 6 years ago

Afmle #485 is setup and 100% out of the box on,all I did was lower flipper to -15 so ball stays on lock ramp,very impressed with this remake feels like they learned some lessons from mmr and the topper is what sterns 500 dollar toppers should be.

I would be all in on mbr and ccr

Just fantastic and I have owned 2 very nice originals over the last 17 years

#1507 6 years ago

Does anyone have a classic version?? As a base model, do you recommend it? If so, how do you like it compared to the original? On a tighter budget and looking to save money, thanks

#1508 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Afmle is setup and 100% out of the box on,all I did was lower flipper to -15 so ball stays on lock ramp,very impressed with this remake feels like they learned some lessons from mmr and the topper is what sterns 500 dollar toppers should be.
I would be all in on mbr and ccr
Just fantastic and I have owned 2 very nice originals over the last 17 years

Great to hear someone who has owned 2 originals is impressed! Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow...

snaroff

#1509 6 years ago

Aaaaand she’s in.

9B40044C-69C9-4A02-A297-A4CF84CCA5B5 (resized).jpeg9B40044C-69C9-4A02-A297-A4CF84CCA5B5 (resized).jpeg

#1510 6 years ago

If MB and CC are on the same level of AFMR then those two will likely end up in my house too

#1511 6 years ago

If they do the MBr, wonder how they are going to: address the scoop issue (ball bashing the shit out of the edge of the scoop) and the Drac Trac (balls just pounding on that open cut) I guess you could protect the Drac Trac with Mylar... and maybe put a post along the side of the scoop to take the hits....

#1512 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

If they do the MBr, wonder how they are going to: address the scoop issue (ball bashing the shit out of the edge of the scoop) and the Drac Trac (balls just pounding on that open cut) I guess you could protect the Drac Trac with Mylar... and maybe put a post along the side of the scoop to take the hits....

Had a restored one and as long as there is mantis type protector and mylar then it will be fine.

#1513 6 years ago

Yeah I restored mine and nothing protects the vertical edge of that scoop. I had to reconstruct the pf around that scoop hole and install a Mantis protector. The Mantis wont protect that vertical scoop edge.

#1514 6 years ago

Here is a before and after.

5950E0C7-CCD9-4156-80FD-C04F0596E8D6 (resized).jpeg5950E0C7-CCD9-4156-80FD-C04F0596E8D6 (resized).jpeg

30276FCB-0021-4CCD-A91A-76831F7FDDA6 (resized).jpeg30276FCB-0021-4CCD-A91A-76831F7FDDA6 (resized).jpeg

#1515 6 years ago

F7BDAFE6-E094-4EFC-B96F-23E6AB95A136 (resized).jpegF7BDAFE6-E094-4EFC-B96F-23E6AB95A136 (resized).jpeg

#1516 6 years ago

Joined the club
AFMR LE number 280 arrived in Sweden this week.
Will be unboxed tomorrow!

IMG_2156 (resized).JPGIMG_2156 (resized).JPG

IMG_2155 (resized).jpgIMG_2155 (resized).jpg

#1517 6 years ago

Got word that mine should be arriving monday. May sit until Tuesday as my wife works and I have young kids that will need my attention.

#1518 6 years ago

Installed the bladeskinz the other day. Save the original mirrors but they were a bit much for me, so wanted to try something different. Feel like these are a good middle ground between full mirrored sides and standard pinblades.

IMG_0093 (resized).jpgIMG_0093 (resized).jpg

IMG_0090 (resized).jpgIMG_0090 (resized).jpg

IMG_0089 (resized).jpgIMG_0089 (resized).jpg

#1519 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Yes, topper is safe and sound. BUT.. the back box key is no where to be found. The hanger is there on the coin mechs, but no key. Checked the coin box, the goodie bag, etc. Talked to Carl @ GRG and he said that's where it should be, so we assumed it fell off in transit. Raised the playfield and three of us searched with flashlights for a good 15 minutes. Couldn't find it. I even looked in the backbox from the bottom, and didn't see it. Of course if was in the back box it would be a catch-22. No back box key means no topper. I was scared to turn it on, with the small possibility that the key IS still there and it could short something, but it turned on and passed all the tests. I tried to call GRG back at 5:01pm, but they closed at 5p. I'll call them back tomorrow and get Chicago gaming to send me a replacement key. I hope they maintain a database of key codes. The other annoyance is AFMR completed a wall of pins, so now to get the topper on I will have to pull the entire pin out. I think it may be time to invest in a lift table.

My backbox key was missing too. They sent a replacement with no problem. Either they keep a log, or they are all the same key. I couldn't wait, so I just took out the lock in order to install the topper.

#1520 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

My backbox key was missing too. They sent a replacement with no problem. Either they keep a log, or they are all the same key.

My MMr and AFMr use the exact same head key; based on this, I think its safe to assume that like Stern, all CGC pinball heads will use the same key.

#1521 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

My backbox key was missing too. They sent a replacement with no problem. Either they keep a log, or they are all the same key. I couldn't wait, so I just took out the lock in order to install the topper.

They are sending a replacement, but as Pin_Guy said it turns out Chicago gaming uses the same key on all AFMR and MMR. I wish I had known that yesterday. I used my MMR key and installed the topper this morning. I think it’s the best topper I’ve ever seen. I love the interaction.

#1522 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

My MMr and AFMr use the exact same head key; based on this, I think its safe to assume that like Stern, all CGC pinball heads will use the same key.

That's funny, I would not have checked without your post. Mine are the same also.

#1523 6 years ago

Im having issues just unboxed LE #597. My saucer destory scoop doesn't register sometimes when you go to destroy a saucer and itll register as a lock instead. Running V 1.0.0

#1524 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

My saucer destory scoop doesn't register sometimes when you go to destroy a saucer and itll register as a lock instead.

Go into Tests - Switch Edge, and check with a ball. If witch works, and the correct switch reports on the DMD. Might just need to reseat the connectors for that switch and be sure they are on tight.

LTG : )

#1525 6 years ago

Is there a way to make the shaker go off when you hit the forcefield etc

#1526 6 years ago

Im having issues just unboxed LE #597. My saucer destory scoop doesn't register sometimes when you go to destroy a saucer and itll register as a lock instead. Running V 1.0.0

Lift the playfield all the way. Be cautious if you have mirrorblades installed. Just lift it straight on and pull of forward a little so that it hits its stops.
Rotate the switch a little to raise the wire actuator and make it more sensitive. Its on a little bracket tab attached the the subway behind/below the drop target.
You dont have to remove anything and its easy to reach.
You dont even have to loosen the 2/56 screws it will gently turn by hand.
You can actuate it by hand and listen for an audible click to tell if its right.
This will fix it perfectly.

#1527 6 years ago

Have all the AFMr's had mylar added in front of the scoop and saucer target area. Just saw a LE with this from the factory.

#1528 6 years ago

Thank you so much CGC !

AFMrLE is too much fun.

Its incredibly fast and brutal. I had it go into ball search on a ball that forever wouldnt do anything but hit the black ramp bumpers and fall back to a cradled position without hitting even the slings before I drained, I couldnt even hit a switch...

The next game I attacked Mars and finished at 17 billion.

Im humbled and fascinated by this amazing and beautiful game.

I have to play it over and over again. Im so close to RTU I can taste it.

People played it non-stop for hours over thanksgiving, 4 player games were a breeze as the ball times were fairly short.
So many people were waiting to play it I couldnt get a game in until they all left.

Its the only game Im playing now, all the other ones will have to wait. (I must Rule the Universe!)
Im addicted to AFMr...

#1529 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Have all the AFMr's had mylar added in front of the scoop and saucer target area. Just saw a LE with this from the factory.

I believe so.... I added mylar to the: trough kick out, In front of the left target bank and over the line of inserts in front of the SOL hole. (I saw an old pf out of an original that had 20,000 plays. That area of inserts in front of SOL had some bad wear spots)

#1530 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Does anyone have a classic version?? As a base model, do you recommend it? If so, how do you like it compared to the original? On a tighter budget and looking to save money, thanks

I prefer it, but I wanted something that looked like original (standard DMD, etc.). Very happy with the purchase have put about 300 games on it.

#1531 6 years ago

Ill take some pictures but the pinblades from pingraphix is killer! LE #597

20171208_123154 (resized).jpg20171208_123154 (resized).jpg

#1532 6 years ago

Ill take some pictures but the pinblades from pingraphix is killer! LE #597

Black trim looks great! You do not see it that often..

#1533 6 years ago

Im trying to email in my warranty card. But the email adress on the paper that came with the game doesent work.

([email protected])

I tried to send a messege throug thier website, got an error message there to.

Any one else had this problem?

LOOOOVE the game by the way

#1534 6 years ago

Warranty (not warrenty)

#1535 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Warranty (not warrenty)

Trying again.. Haha, thanx.

English vs Swedish

#1536 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Black trim looks great! You do not see it that often..

Thanks its classy, felt it was safe

#1537 6 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

Trying again.. Haha, thanx.
English vs Swedish

Understood lost in translation!

#1538 6 years ago

Thanks its classy, felt it was safe

Its the best one IMHO. The powder coat is some what flat so that shot down the green for me.

#1539 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Its the best one IMHO. The powder coat is some what flat so that shot down the green for me.

I did this green for a customers AFM

20171112_093508 (resized).jpg20171112_093508 (resized).jpg

20171115_131528 (resized).jpg20171115_131528 (resized).jpg

20171112_093208 (resized).jpg20171112_093208 (resized).jpg

#1540 6 years ago

I have had my AFMr LE for a week. My left flipper has stopped working. It is stuck in the up position. How do I troubleshoot this? This is my first pinball machine and I am not familiar with working on them.

#1541 6 years ago
Quoted from brittlewater:

I have had my AFMr LE for a week. My left flipper has stopped working. It is stuck in the up position. How do I troubleshoot this? This is my first pinball machine and I am not familiar with working on them.

Does the flipper go back down if the power is off?
Raise the playfield with the power off and see if its mechanical or electrical.
Check to see if anything is binding or loose on or in the flipper mech.
Sometimes its just a coil stop or coil that became loose and can just be reinstalled or reassembled.

post some pics if you can

#1542 6 years ago

Turn game off. Remove glass and put some where safe. Remove the balls from the ball trough ( I do this by hand, you may do it with power on and then pop them out in diagnostics with the coin door high power interlock switch pulled out and then turn game off ) lift playfield up a little and pull forward until it locks, then lift it up and lean back on the back box.

Left flipper return spring likely broke, compare to the right side.

I would bend the last loop over, ( see pictures ) and stick it back on. Lower playfield, balls back in. Glass back on. Turn game on. Enjoy.

broke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPG

fix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPG

goodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG

#1543 6 years ago

I forgot about removing the balls! AFMr doesnt have a ball lock for raising the PF. JJP has us spoiled.
Thanks Lloyd.

#1544 6 years ago
Quoted from Alex_swe:

Im trying to email in my warranty card. But the email adress on the paper that came with the game doesent work.

([email protected])

Is it bouncing ?

I tried it : [email protected] and it went through. No response until Monday I would imagine.

You can always mail it in.

#1545 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I forgot about removing the balls! AFMr doesnt have a ball lock for raising the PF. JJP has us spoiled.
Thanks Lloyd.

Yep, had this feature on RFM as well...think this was a pinball 2000 innovation. Sad that other manufacturers haven't adopted this simple idea.

#1546 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep, had this feature on RFM as well...think this was a pinball 2000 innovation.

Yes it was. As long as Williams put the right ball trough in there. Otherwise they all come bouncing out. Keith Elwin can attest to that.

#1547 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep, had this feature on RFM as well...think this was a pinball 2000 innovation. Sad that other manufacturers haven't adopted this simple idea.

It is such a simple weighted door flap.
I wonder if it can be retrofitted in games that dont have it.

#1548 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn game off. Remove glass and put some where safe. Remove the balls from the ball trough ( I do this by hand, you may do it with power on and then pop them out in diagnostics with the coin door high power interlock switch pulled out and then turn game off ) lift playfield up a little and pull forward until it locks, then lift it up and lean back on the back box.
Left flipper return spring likely broke, compare to the right side.
I would bend the last loop over, ( see pictures ) and stick it back on. Lower playfield, balls back in. Glass back on. Turn game on. Enjoy.

I fixed it. The bracket that holds the solenoid in place come off. It must not have been tightened properly and came loose during shipment / game play. I reinstalled it and the flipper is working fine now. Glad it was a quick fix. My plans for today involve playing pinball all day so the broke flipper was going to be an issue. I am attaching some pictures in case anyone else has this issue. Thanks for the help.

20171209_145107 (resized).jpg20171209_145107 (resized).jpg

20171209_145140 (resized).jpg20171209_145140 (resized).jpg

20171209_145205 (resized).jpg20171209_145205 (resized).jpg

20171209_145115 (resized).jpg20171209_145115 (resized).jpg

20171209_145825 (resized).jpg20171209_145825 (resized).jpg

#1549 6 years ago

I fixed it. The bracket that holds the solenoid in place come off. It must not have been tightened properly and came loose during shipment / game play. I reinstalled it and the flipper is working fine now. Glad it was a quick fix. My plans for today involve playing pinball all day so the broke flipper was going to be an issue. I am attaching some pictures in case anyone else has this issue. Thanks for the help.

Yay ! Im glad you fixed it.
The coil stops can come loose from gameplay they take a terrible beating.
In your case they probably forgot to put a little loctite on them at the factory.
Maybe apply a little blue loctite to the threads if it comes loose again.

Also take a look around the game and check to see if anything else needs tightening.
This is good for new games as well as older ones.

#1550 6 years ago

WOW. I've never had a coil stop do that (over 13 years and 30-40 pins)...hopefully an uncommon build snafu.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/31?hl=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.