IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 211.
#1451 6 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

OMG our LE is simply the most amazing Pin we have owned! I told Doug at CGC while at IAAPA that their price points are perfect along with what they offer as upgrades between the 3 models and I’ll keep being a customer if they can keep them there.
After lowering the flipper strength to -8 we still get balls flying off the return wire form from the lock shot. Some are lucky and jump to the shooter lane but All of mine jump down the outlane. Is the best fix to lower flipper strength even more? I swear I had it happen on a ball that wasn’t even moving very fast once. Also, would love to know if there is a way to install a headphone jack easily to the game. It is a feature we love and have installed them on almost every game game we own that is doable.

Try setting it to like -16 and see how it feels. I have mine set to that and I'm still able to make all shots and it no longer flies off the wireform. Protip though, don't set it to "Min" unless you want a good laugh, it reallllly means "min".

#1452 6 years ago

I just ordered an afmle after playing gotg and I just could not pull the trigger at this time,I wanted to but it is to disjointed

Can I get a quick overview of what to expect I may have to tweek to get my game up to snuff

O and I think Di should clearly be game of the year

Thanks

#1453 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I just ordered an afmle after playing gotg and I just could not pull the trigger at this time,I wanted to but it is to disjointed
Can I get a quick overview of what to expect I may have to tweek to get my game up to snuff
O and I think Di should clearly be game of the year
Thanks

Read the previous 30 pages

#1454 6 years ago

Just snuck in a quick game, and forgot to turn the lights on a bit. Ended up playing Strobe Multiball in the dark, and man is that trippy!

Such a great game!

#1455 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Read the previous 30 pages

This^^^^^ plus not a DI club, btw....

#1456 6 years ago

Thanks for the help

#1457 6 years ago

Mine ships tomorrow

#1458 6 years ago

I have an original MM and there is a big difference in flipper geometry between the two. I have my flippers set to Min.

#1459 6 years ago

Hey FrankMac you can add me to that list for Game of the year!

#1460 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I have an original MM and there is a big difference in flipper geometry between the two. I have my flippers set to Min.

Just checked and I was wrong my flippers are set at -2. I don't get any balls flying off the ramps with that setting just an occasional air ball.

#1461 6 years ago

611 arrived today! Well worth the wait. Can't talk now, back to saving the earth...

#1462 6 years ago
Quoted from PDFVT:

611 arrived today! Well worth the wait. Can't talk now, back to saving the earth...

Congrats welcome to the club!

#1463 6 years ago

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I just got my AFMr LE. I can not figure out how to reset the high scores on the machine. I went to the menu and under U.3 Reset H.S.T.D I reset the high scores, but the preset scores of 7,500,000 and 6,000,000, etc. still appear on the scrolling display. How do I reset it so I can have it track my own high scores? Thanks, hopefully someone on this forum can help me.

#1464 6 years ago

What's an average score on this game? Really good? Great?

#1465 6 years ago

I'm a total hack. My best scores are in the 7B to 8B range. My son is decent, his high scores are 15B to 17B. Jerk.

#1466 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

5B, 25B, 50B?

#1467 6 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

OMG our LE is simply the most amazing Pin we have owned! I told Doug at CGC while at IAAPA that their price points are perfect along with what they offer as upgrades between the 3 models and I’ll keep being a customer if they can keep them there.
After lowering the flipper strength to -8 we still get balls flying off the return wire form from the lock shot. Some are lucky and jump to the shooter lane but All of mine jump down the outlane. Is the best fix to lower flipper strength even more? I swear I had it happen on a ball that wasn’t even moving very fast once. Also, would love to know if there is a way to install a headphone jack easily to the game. It is a feature we love and have installed them on almost every game game we own that is doable.

I'm at -20. Shoots perfect now

#1468 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IMG_4523 (resized).PNGIMG_4523 (resized).PNG

#1469 6 years ago

"I've got a long ways to go and a short time to get there"

Figuring out scoring while having fun!

#1470 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Probably depends on the settings right? How many extra balls and saucer set to easy/medium etc..

i haven't gotten over 6b yet, but i suck.. i just finance the hobby for my friends... my buddy is pretty good and put up 18b i think the other day, he's only played it a few times. I would guess 20-30b is doable. 60b whatever!

The first day i got MM, he put up 451m on the stock settings (other than changed to extra ball mode). We've never seen anywhere near that in a year i've had it. It was fun to watch. I'd say a great game on there is in the 200s, good in the mid-upper 100s.

#1471 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Probably depends on the settings right? How many extra balls and saucer set to easy/medium etc..
i haven't gotten over 6b yet, but i suck.. i just finance the hobby for my friends... my buddy is pretty good and put up 18b i think the other day, he's only played it a few times. I would guess 20-30b is doable. 60b whatever!
The first day i got MM, he put up 451m on the stock settings (other than changed to extra ball mode). We've never seen anywhere near that in a year i've had it. It was fun to watch. I'd say a great game on there is in the 200s, good in the mid-upper 100s.

I just turned it on and played. Not dialed in or adjusted yet but holy crap, this is reminding me of my obsession with TWD.

I'd say CGC has a great future if AFMR is any indication. It kind of dwarfs everything else out there in a lot of ways from what I've seen and own.

The shots and flow is amazing IF you aren't clunking the F out of it, again, just like TWD.

#1472 6 years ago

Last Friday got my AFMrLE in the morning and in the afternoon delivered my DM to a great father/son team new home - so cool to see the younger generation getting into pins (Pinside donation sent).

Amazing game! Minor issue with chipped paint on 1 leg - opened ticket- got called next day - new leg being sent out (I stated just send me some paint - no hurry but they insisted on sending a new leg as they don't have the paint in stock and didn't want me to wait - amazing CS)!

My first NIB and have been following the AFM threads before I received it to study up and I really appreciate the posts of issue fixes/advice/illustrations as I have been able to research and resolve/adjust things straight away because of this great site and contributors! Thanks!

AFMr LE in the house (resized).jpegAFMr LE in the house (resized).jpeg

#1473 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just turned it on and played. Not dialed in or adjusted yet but holy crap, this is reminding me of my obsession with TWD.
I'd say CGC has a great future if AFMR is any indication. It kind of dwarfs everything else out there in a lot of ways from what I've seen and own.
The shots and flow is amazing IF you aren't clunking the F out of it, again, just like TWD.

The remake is just as brutal as my TWDLE. If you miss your shot, instant punishment

#1474 6 years ago

#510 in the house!

IMG_4542 (resized).JPGIMG_4542 (resized).JPG

IMG_4545 (resized).JPGIMG_4545 (resized).JPG

IMG_4554 (resized).JPGIMG_4554 (resized).JPG

#1475 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Hey FrankMac you can add me to that list for Game of the year!

You are in!!

#1476 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have my game set to default everything. My average score is about 5-7B, and my highest score is 38B after getting to RTU. Since then, nowhere close to that.

I think a good score is around 10B+, and that means you're probably getting close to RTU.

#1477 6 years ago

I just got my shipping notice. Mine will be here tomorrow. So excited!

#1478 6 years ago
Quoted from abetterway:

I just got my shipping notice. Mine will be here tomorrow. So excited!

You should be.
It is as god as everyone is saying.
As long as CGC is making games that I don't already own in minty condition I will be interested.
And if the game has this huge upgraded graphics screen, I may even be tempted.

#1479 6 years ago

My LE will be delivered on friday.So exited
Are there any protection already installed on the playfield or do i need to get a full cliffy set ?

#1480 6 years ago

Question to owners or people that have played these on location. Is it common for the flipper bats to be set either uneven to each other or too shallow? I've played 3 or 4 of them on location and all of them were slightly messed up in one form or another. I assume it's not a huge adjustment, but largely overlooked by operators it seems. Makes timing and hitting shots really off, as well as trapping easily.

#1481 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Try setting it to like -16 and see how it feels. I have mine set to that and I'm still able to make all shots and it no longer flies off the wireform. Protip though, don't set it to "Min" unless you want a good laugh, it reallllly means "min".

Quoted from PinLen83:

I'm at -20. Shoots perfect now

I did both of these yesterday before reading this. Setting the flippers to min is freaking hysterical! We desperately tried to get it up to the slings so it might bounce and make a shot. LMAO!

I ended up at -20 like he did. We liked it there with still more than enough power to fling the ball up and around any ramp and no rocket balls that hit a post and are down the drain before you can see it. It now plays and feels like all our other games.

Definitely the LE is game of the year! (Maybe the others too. I just have this one to judge)

#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

Last Friday got my AFMrLE in the morning and in the afternoon delivered my DM to a great father/son team new home - so cool to see the younger generation getting into pins (Pinside donation sent).
Amazing game! Minor issue with chipped paint on 1 leg - opened ticket- got called next day - new leg being sent out (I stated just send me some paint - no hurry but they insisted on sending a new leg as they don't have the paint in stock and didn't want me to wait - amazing CS)!
My first NIB and have been following the AFM threads before I received it to study up and I really appreciate the posts of issue fixes/advice/illustrations as I have been able to research and resolve/adjust things straight away because of this great site and contributors! Thanks!

We got our green legs in from our support ticket yesterday. Very fast service! The new leg is the way to go. They are not painted but powder coated. Paint would not match perfectly and you would have a indention where you put the paint as it isn’t as thick and durable.

#1483 6 years ago
Quoted from brittlewater:

Hi,
I'm new to this forum. I just got my AFMr LE. I can not figure out how to reset the high scores on the machine. I went to the menu and under U.3 Reset H.S.T.D I reset the high scores, but the preset scores of 7,500,000 and 6,000,000, etc. still appear on the scrolling display. How do I reset it so I can have it track my own high scores? Thanks, hopefully someone on this forum can help me.

You can’t get rid of the stock HSTD that I know of on any machine. You just need to play good enough to get there. You can only reset it if you have friends come over and put up scores of if you buy a used game and want to start from scratch. We don’t do that as we like a challenge.

We have already turned off extra balls. I hit 3.7 bil last night and my nephew hit around 17 bil the other night.

#1484 6 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

You can’t get rid of the stock HSTD that I know of on any machine.

Change the backup HSTD values in Settings (A.4), then reset under Utilities (U.3).

#1485 6 years ago

I'm curious about what some of the successful strategies are for getting RTU? For me, the only issue I have is getting through all the attack waves. Shooting up the middle leads to and out of control ball and far too many drains to get close. I have been able to get everything else except conquer Mars on a few games now. How the heck are you guys not draining out when shooting the shields/saucer?

#1486 6 years ago

^^^ I try to lower the force field before starting multi-ball.

#1487 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm curious about what some of the successful strategies are for getting RTU? For me, the only issue I have is getting through all the attack waves. Shooting up the middle leads to and out of control ball and far too many drains to get close. I have been able to get everything else except conquer Mars on a few games now. How the heck are you guys not draining out when shooting the shields/saucer?

I use super skill shot to lower shield, then multiballs to bash saucer. Getting comfortable with that lock shot is pretty vital.

#1488 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

I try to lower the force field before starting multi-ball

I've used that tactic as well, but you will need to do it 5 times, since there is 5 attack waves before Mars. That's quite a challenge itself. So you guys are (generally) starting a multiball for each attack wave?

#1489 6 years ago

Does anyone know what Playfield glass is in the LE. Is it HD glass? Want to get a couple of sheets for two of my other games. It stunningly different then standard glass. Did all three versions get the antiglare glass?

#1490 6 years ago

no regular glass.

#1491 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've used that tactic as well, but you will need to do it 5 times, since there is 5 attack waves before Mars. That's quite a challenge itself. So you guys are (generally) starting a multiball for each attack wave?

I complete the first two without since you only need a couple hits, after that I use multiballs to bash away.

#1492 6 years ago

For me the biggest problem getting to rtu is the super jackpot. Any strategies there?

#1493 6 years ago

My LE has been at the local dock since Sunday night. Delayed Tuesday due to rain. Today I stayed home from work and hired a few guys to help me get it into the house. At 1pm I received a call to let me know they couldn’t fit it on the truck this morning and would Saturday be ok? Uh, no. It’s now supposedly coming tomorrow. I’m not holding my breath.

#1494 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Could be that the playfield isnt even well levelled to be honest. I used a torpedo level, and then an Ipad clinometer for accuracy -I had to lengthen the front legs over half their max height to hit 6.5%,(If any of you could take a photo of your level bubble, and tell me what flipper strength you're using, that might be a great place for me to get started)

don't use those phone apps, those things don't have repeatability and half the time they are off anyway. At least on the three phones I've tried with.

these work pretty good and they only cost 30 bucks.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JR8XBG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage
or this one with back glo
https://www.amazon.com/Wixey-WR300-Type-Digital-Backlight/dp/B00T6YZ0K6/ref=sr_1_10

I went ahead and finally bought a better one (easier to read), because I'm constantly leveling these damn things. setting up at people houses or locations.
If you only do it every once in a while I'd get the 30 dollar one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MHSMU8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage

also check you ball guides, sometimes those need to be bent slightly.

#1495 6 years ago

I have the AccuRemote. I bought it for my table saw and knife sharpening. Works great for Pinball as well. Not sure anything more accurate would matter given all the variables with a pinball machine (moving on the floor from aggressive play, flexibility in legs, humidity...) and the fact that pinball is a game not a space launch.

#1496 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

My LE will be delivered on friday.So exited
Are there any protection already installed on the playfield or do i need to get a full cliffy set ?

Can anyone give me some info here please ?

#1497 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Can anyone give me some info here please ?

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but from what I've read on this thread , best to get protection. I've ordered the full set of Cliffys, think it was about £88 delivered to UK

#1498 6 years ago

Mantis protector is provided in the SOL hole. Pretty good protection, but not same as a Cliffy.

#1499 6 years ago

Thanks for the info

#1500 6 years ago

So, I was visiting New Hampshire on a routine TDY for the USAF this week, and I found a place called Flat Top Johnny's that had an SE of the game.

I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed. I had a complete blast playing it, and I won't deny once I do my mirco PF swap on my original, I am mulling over selling it and getting an SE. Game was sick, played great, felt right, and I just absolutely loved it.

The one thing really stopping me is all the good mods/upgrades (Bill Ung saucers, runway lights, martian LED eyes, PinBit strobe kit with upgraded strobe light, ColorDMD, Polk external sub, custom powercoated habittrails, all cliffys, custom painted saucers, all red ramps, Rottendog power driver board) I have currently in mine. I am even considering just buying an SE and "saving it for a rainy day" - after all - they'll produce those for a while, so it's not like I'm robbing anyone of a game.

So very happy for everyone that now owns this game. It really does play like the original (I'm not going to get into the weeds about how the flippers don't respond microseconds after the buttons are pushed), and I am absolutely eyeballing TPF 2018 with fingers crossed that MBr is coming next. AFMSE spoke well for CGC, and I will definitely bring home MBr if it as solid as this remake has been.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 210.00
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/30?hl=greenmarine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.