pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

421 posts in this topic match your search for posts by whthrs166. You are on page 2 of 2.
#2618 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Couldn't agree more on AFM/MM/MB...shit, I had all of them in a large collection and they got old

This is an opinion that varies from person to person. I too have had a large collection with all of these. I like the term "staying power". IMHO MM and AFM have the most staying power. (one of the reasons they are ranked as high as they are in the polls) These games are great anchor games for a small to midsized collection. I also have a SS that is HUO that I have had for over 12yrs. I really like it when someone says that its too easy and gets old quick. I will ask them how many times have they been "Spider Champion" (one of the hardest achievements in pinball) Since now you can pick up a MMR or a AFMr and soon a MBr for a decent price, (or maybe a nice original) it's a slam dunk in my book to own all three!

#2632 6 years ago
Quoted from getadam:

Yesterday I was with my distributor and he called CGC while I was standing there. CGC said that I had to file a ticket online, which I did. So based on this call, it was out of my distributor's hands. Were we told something incorrect?

This is what I was told by my dealer! ???? The dealers do not know what is going on. (or at least some of them) This looks bad on CGC. If you have a plan for distributing a solution to a problem that includes all the dealers, please include the dealers in the plan! Or just send the chip your customers that filled out and turned in the warranty card.

#2635 6 years ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

I obviously can't speak for all dealers but CGC regularly emails us with details of what is going on.

Yeah this is really confusing. Wonder why some dealers are all over it and some are clueless?

#2680 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's unclear. Both JJP and Stern have a history of supporting me on recent model, 2nd owner pins. Considering CGC takes support seriously and AFMr has had some common, non-trivial speed bumps, I imagine CGC will take care of folks.
snaroff

They have made their position on that clear. 2nd owner pins are not warrantable. Now what they say and what they do could be two different things entirely. I also have been served in the past on certain warranty issues with a 2nd owner pin by other manufacturers on their products so it does happen in the industry.

#2681 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

I filled out a ticket with CGC but I don't know what they could possibly do but since others are having the same problem I think they should know.

Yes good, they should know. I do not have this issue but IMHO you should wait for their guidance on what to do about it.

#2688 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It's always something.

Welcome to the owner's thread!

#2712 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Is it hard to get video mode on this machine? Had the game for about week now and not one video mode. And I love video mode.
(2) Are you having a lot of air balls with you machine? Notice I get a lot.
And (3) Any of y’all having trouble losing ball coming down left rail . Mine sometimes pops out at bottom and I lose ball. So damn frustrating.

The video mode is a random (luck sack) mode from the SOL. From my experience it has been a bit more illusive then other luck items such as the start attack wave, hold bonus and luck points. Just remember that when the cows come up on Big O Beam and Tractor Beam to hit your launch button! Then when you finally get your video mode, you get a surprise!
I would check your left wireform side adjustment Make sure the ball is being dropped straight down on the inlane and not hitting the rail.

#2719 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Geeze, that was fast and easy. Really, I did try and look myself. Lol. Thx.

Hey Miknan, You might try soldiering those pins to the wires instead of crimping. I had to do that because I am blind in one eye. (cant see out of the other)
Those pins are small man.

#2729 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

I placed an order the other day for various bits including the plugs etc to do the undercab lighting. Parts:

You guys wont regret this. It's an amazing light show that's second to none!

#2739 6 years ago

This is not a suggestion Mike!

#2740 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

What's you guys suggestions on how to fix this.

I guess it depends on what you consider fixed and if that is a chunk of cabinet missing or piece of the decal. The best that I can think of (beyond replacing that cabinet decal) is to take the piece of the decal, glue it back in there and touch it up with a black sharpie. Wont be perfect but it might make it so you don't notice it if you don't know it is there.

#2753 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Stroke of Luck will award Video Mode as the next reward after Super Jets has been completed

Thanks for posting this.

#2754 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Is it really ghosting or just the LED a side of the unlit one. They are all surface mount so Im sure its just the light extending from the other insert.

Maybe a way to test this is to go to lamp test and light each one of those. If the condition exist under the test, then it is as you say just light deflection from the other LEDs not ghosting. Maybe then he should try a lower insert light setting.

#2758 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Maybe then he should try a lower insert light setting.

So I played around with mine and dropped the insert LED setting to Min. It made a difference on the "Light Bleed Over" .

#2760 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

How exactly do you adjust the flippers? I’m new to the pinball game and want to get my machine running way it should. Can you take me thru the steps? Don’t know what I’m doing. Thanks in advance

You mean a mechanical adjustment right? Why do want to adjust them?

#2762 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Dimples are completely normal.

Agreed! What I am observing, is that the dimpling and the scratches (vertical lines) seem to be more visible due to the High Gloss Clear Coat and the LED lighting. I do believe the dimples will even out over time so I am not worried. I just think that what people are seeing is more visible now with the way the PFs
are clear coated. I have the same dimples vertical lines in my MM they are just not as visible. I can see these issues as being deal breakers for some high profile future buyers. Not a big issue for me.

#2767 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

So yeah this just happened

Man that stinks! Defective wire form.

#2773 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Anyway for a quick fix? Has this ever happened to one of your pins?

Yeah an overnight fix! Get some of that 3m clear epoxy. Mix it up and put a small glob on that weld. That should hold you til you get your new wireform.

#2778 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Yeah it sux but to be honest I had two of my three original AFMs do this also. Its not a CGC thing.

I guess when you remake a game you also remake some problems.

#2784 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

but any notion that remakes are inherently better than originals because they are "newer" with modern tech haven't played a finely-tuned original.

This is an opinion. I have several "Finely Tuned" originals that I have owned for over 12 years. I don't agree. My AFMr LE will play just as good and it has improved cabinet and lighting just to name a few. There have been several people that have both the AFM original and the remake and say they cannot tell the difference between the game play. All my games play uniquely different so you can only compare them to each other so much...

#2792 6 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Easier to control and trap the ball. What is your opinion on the flipper feel of your AFMr compared to your originals? How do you feel your playfield is holding up on the AFMr compared to originals?

My trapping on the AFMr improved by just changing the flipper rubbers to Titan Comp Silicone. So a machines trapping ability changes with what parts are installed and a player's ability. My flippers on AFMr do feel different from my MM and SS. My SS flippers feel very different than all of the Williams games. They have a more gentle feel. (so to speak) My CC flippers feel more like the AFMr. (I really don't know why)

#2795 6 years ago

Yeah the Titans minimize the ball bounce on a raised flipper giving much improved control over original rubber(black) and even Super Bands.

#2806 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

I would love to know why more air balls on the remakes

Flipper power too high. I turned my settings down. no more air balls. No remake is going to play exactly like an original but they can play as good. (this is an opinion) But games don't all play alike anyway original or not.

#2811 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone getting clearcoat chipping around their SOL even with the CGC protector?

Pictures please.

#2817 6 years ago

My Mantis appears to be just slightly higher still. It appears that it needs to be almost flush tocompletely protect the hole.

998CB113-8ABF-4584-BD41-400B158387B2 (resized).jpeg998CB113-8ABF-4584-BD41-400B158387B2 (resized).jpeg

#2818 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

You can see a big chip to the right side of the SOL.

The clear coat is definitely thicker on the remakes.

#2829 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

must have been lucky to get one of the early units and have not had the issues described here aside from the launch issue.

Yeah this one is an early build.

#2835 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

And then there's my AFMR that was chipping after 50 games!

Maybe time for a cliffy. I didn't do mine either because I just don't like the way they look. I did the mother ship hole because of the RAW abuse it sees and you cant really see the cliffy. I was inspired not to do the SOL hole by a guy who bought one of these to operate and he had almost 2000 plays with no damage. His was an early build and the Mantis was almost flush on the pf.

#2836 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yes I forgot about that. I did put the protection on my shooting lane. That's a standard procedure for any NIB game for me, so I forgot to mention it specifically.

I used Mylar there. Haven't had any issues yet!

#2840 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Let me know if you hear of any nice MMs

There have been several on here as of late. The ones I have seen fitting your criteria have been going for around $8500 but they are gone in sixty seconds.
There have been others but they are players condition (scratched some wear) they are a bit cheaper but require work to get them in the condition your looking for. There is one of those on DCL now. You would end up putting more money into one those than necessary then just waiting for a nice one. The MM your talking about is going to go up in value soon due to the renewed interest as of late.

#2844 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

If anyone hears of any nicely restored MMs, please let me know.

pinlawyer in AZ sold his and it was gone quick. richyrich picked up one in CA for $8500 also having it sent AU. They do show up but not for long....

#2857 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I don’t buy to collect and resell, I but to play and have fun. Certainly to each their own.
Marc

And your the style of customer that is going to be the one that continues to buy these games. These remakes are just not for the die hard meticulous collectors. The AFMrLE is close because of all of the added features that are limited. But when I look at my playfield and see all the vertical lines in it, It just isn't collector quality to me. And I don't think it was intended to be. There is a very large market for this type game. It will be interesting to see if it continues to grow or stagnate and retract.

#2867 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

collectors; sadly; are a minority. Folks post about the originals being perfect are usually those that weren't that close to that reality.

This is true. There is no perfection. But everyone has their idea of good quality in a game. The play field is a sensitive area for the avid collector. I am both a collector and a player. My theory with the pf lines is the dimpling from normal play over time will tone down your ability to see the lines in the pf. It will even things out and it all will become less noticeable. I have been known to use play field protectors and this is the reason why I did not use one here. In fairness when comparing these remakes to the originals, the originals had serious problems of their own. The AFM design had major wear issues with the SOL and mother ship holes. Monster Bash had Drac Trac wear issues and Mosh Pit hole wear issues as well. Not to mention the decal issues on the cabinet. The remakes will solve these problems making it attractive to buy the remake instead of an original that needs major attention for them to look and play properly.

#2869 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

they certainly didn't chip this early.

Yes, but in all fairness, it is not happening on every game. That doesn't make it right for the owner's of the games that did chip. None of us want to see chipping on our play fields.

#2923 6 years ago

Thank You for posting this!

#2926 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Given the recent issues with this game and / or in general, do you see an advantage to having a distributor in close proximity to you or is their role handled adequately from “Anywhere USA”?

There is always an advantage in having a local dealer. It really depends on what kind of local support you need. If you can fix and adjust your own game, order parts or mods online then you don't need to depend heavily on your dealer. Otherwise they are a lifeline. This machine does not really need lots of dealer support. Once it is setup and adjusted, it's good to go.

#2941 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Last question then is are these a different feel from using Titan rubbers

Yes they are. I went from Superbands to Titan. Titan rubber is different. The Titan rubbers trap better by providing less bounce back when the ball hit the flipper bat. The Superbands when the ball hits the flipper can bounce into the outlane.

#3051 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Look at the orange is faded white and the “grain” many are talking about

Wow that is profound! What the hell happened there. Nobody even owns this game yet!

#3075 6 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

hi i would to buy one AFMR this year but i hesitate between an origianl game in very condition and a new game.
What is the real change with these two games ?
Thanks for your answers

It depends on what you want. The LE offers a lot more options than the classic or an original. ( topper, mirror blades, saucer upgrade, shaker, number and badge, armor, warranty extension) Better playfield.... just kidding.

My personal opinion: if you can get a nice original for the same price as a classic and you do not care about the LE options, go for the original!

#3092 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

No chipping on mine. I did put cliffy's on as I did with my 2 originals I previous had. This game was known for damage in certain area's and I would expect the same on the remakes. I also put mylar down to cover the inserts in front of the SOL hole. The clear on mine is excellent. Purchased last month #646. Not sure about the time line for newer vs. older and if this is even any reason for issues.

I love those target decals! Where did you get those?

#3105 6 years ago

It's probably your left guide. See if you can loosen it up and move it a bit to guide the ball over the flipper.

#3108 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

As I said, according to CGC's instructions I've loosened and shoved it as far as possible up and to the right to try and get it "above" the flipper. If I leave the left ball guide very loose I can force it high enough to make the ball roll normal but once I tighten it it goes

OK what about the flipper shaft bushing? Can it be moved or remounted so the flipper will move a bit? Beyond that you will have to take some measurements
to see where that hole is. I cant believe the factory would drill that hole wrong.

#3118 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

am learning the same. If you chat on a problem or concern people send you unkind comments. They think it is like saying their kid is ugly which is silly. This is discussing an issue. Hiding and ignoring won’t solve or identify anything. Silencing people has never ever worked over time in the history of the world.

Well we don’t scare easily here so they can PM whatever and we will expose it.

#3131 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Major difference here. If every model they made eventually had paint peeling off, people would be up in arms!
I spoke with Ron Kruzman who knows a thing or two about clear coating, and he was telling me that the process they're using now isn't going to stand the test of time, and we're seeing that with the chipping.
He actually has had people send the remake pfs to him to re-clear as CGC is not putting out a lasting product here.
His process uses 7-10 layers of clear I believe, and they all have curing times which are often weeks.
So go ahead and put Cliffys on every exposed edge of your game, but you're just feeding the problem, not helping it.

Well Said Damien! There is an issue here. Especially if the chipping, planking, sand scratches are not consistant with the games that have been delivered.

#3140 6 years ago

If you didn't put cliffys on a original afm playfield, guess what happens

Yes to a point. I did not put a cliffy on my SOL 400 games in no chipping or damage. There is at least one operator that a has posted 2000 plays with no chipping. I installed a cliffy on the mother ship hole, but thats it. I have no chipping. What we have here is an issue with one or two games. There is some planking, some chipping, some sand scratches on different games. They just need to be looked into and handled by CGC.

#3142 6 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I have just the Mantis style that CGC put on. I have 1,347 plays and also have no chipping or damage

My point exactly. It is a problem that is game specific.

#3162 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

No. Mantis style is still a protector. It stops the ball running over a cleared edge therefore protecting the edge from chipping. All the 90 s BW playfields that you guys keep saying have no issues came out came out of the same factory as the CGC remake playfields

This is out of context. The discussion was not about the Mantis, all of the AFMR have the Mantis. The discussion was about chipping on one game! Read the threads. And I have no idea where you came up with 90s W/B playfields. That was not in our discussion at all. That is a totally different discussion for a different day.

#3179 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I fail to see how the place of assembly would lead to more playfield chipping issues, etc when CGC was in control of their playfield manufacturing process the entire time throughout both games.

This is not the issue. And it was not stated as such. Also it was very clearly stated at the beginning of this discussion that the issues were game specific. Not product wide. We are only talking about a few games here. This IS what a forum is for! Making folks aware of an issue when it comes up on a particular game.
There is no slander toward the manufacturer. This is pinball. Things like this are going to happen. And we are going to talk about them here!

#3188 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

At this point, I would not buy another remake from CGC.

I think we should give CGC a chance to resolve the issues before we pass judgment. Yes I know we should not have had to deal with this for the cost. But CGC has shown the willingness to address the issues in a timely fashion. Play field issues stink period. Planking on a new game seems ridiculous! But it happens and it really depends on how it is handled by the CGC. I look forward to buying the next remake but if people are going to get stuck with a playfield with planking, chipping, warping or sand scratches, I will spend my money on a nice original or something else.

#3191 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

original or something else.
I have a skin tone playfield instead of orange... Should I open a support ticket?

I would. Even just to talk to them about it.

#3198 6 years ago

My new lucky T-shirt arrived today. I'll never wash it!

That is cool! Do tell!

#3199 6 years ago

Here is Mine! 1996 Mars Attacks

5087DCA1-2BA7-4AE6-96A1-8CE162C40142 (resized).jpeg5087DCA1-2BA7-4AE6-96A1-8CE162C40142 (resized).jpeg

#3217 6 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Here's the bolt that came loose on mine

Thanks for posting this mine was loose.

#3220 6 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I’ve had a very quick response from Chicago Gaming, I should receive the parts tomorrow

Very Cool! They are usually pretty snappy with getting things fixed!

#3230 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Yep. It's also true that we all have different thresholds for how much BS we are willing to tolerate. Doesn't mean we aren't having fun...means we have standards. I appreciate folks who aren't shy about discussing quality issues, since it helps the entire community. fwiw, I was one of the first AFMr owners to push for shooter lane and solenoid board fixes with CGC/Doug.
I no longer own my AFMr...invested several weeks back in December iterating with CGC and didn't feel like waiting another 6 weeks for the recent chip update. In today's market, there are many other choices. Since the R&D for a "remake" is substantially less than developing a brand new game, it's unfortunate the electronics and build quality weren't more rock solid out of the gate. Took my 8k invested in AFMrLE and purchased a DILE with 20 plays for $7,750.
snaroff

This is starting to happen a lot now. People are concerned that the remakes are not going to go the distance that the originals did. A couple of sticking points I have heard are the clear coat that is used on the play field is not holding up. I have seen four games now Colorado that have planking. It is concerning because you just do not know if is going to get worse years down the road. The owners of some of these games are panicking and selling them. Other are playing a wait and see attitude to see what CGC is going to do or not going to do. The other concern is the light boards and repairing them down the road. So far the light boards seem to working just fine. I am going to wait and see how things are going to be handled.

#3231 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

out of his way to help when things come up. So, I think you should play your game and if something comes up, get it fixed.
Marc

Why do folks confuse reporting issues with a product as somehow being 'upset' or unhappy with life, or need to be told 'just have fun man! don't worry so much about it'. That is what you would tell a child... Also, how do you know what everyone else's idea of a good time is? how could you possibly know what others want or are thinking? I personally have a blast troubleshooting and striving for perfection. What sucks is not getting straight answers, for example; "Where do I find official notifications for my AFMrLE?"

I think discussing these issues here on this thread is not only important, but necessary. Some guys games are perfect, Great good for you Don't worry be happy! Happy Flipping! Hope your still flipping 10 years down the road! But for some folks things are not up to speed yet. Hopefully these guy's issues will be handled in a timely fashion!

#3234 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Dollars to donuts theyre lurking and watching everything going on. Because they may not post doesn't mean they're not aware of what's being spoken of on the boards.
The "eye" in the internet sky sees all

That is a fact! Lets see what happens when the smoke clears!

#3241 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Agreed, but you will find that very few people in this industry know how to competently operate a business

So it would seem!

#3244 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's some bad weather in the central US.

Supposed to be here Saturday!

#3248 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I’m picking mine up tomorrow with the pic 2.0 that I have to install. Any other problems I need to fix that you guys know about? What is the basic shooter ramp adjustment?

Remove the launch ramp (metal two screws) Bend the ramp at the crease (against the crease essentially smoothing out the bump in the ramp) reinstall. It prevents the ball from jumping off the ramp and hitting the wire form.

#3253 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Don’t do this if the game was produced recently

Lets have some real data on that first before we tell people not to do this.

#3257 6 years ago

I think it is common sense. If you have a launch problem( ball is not making it up to the lanes or around on the Skill Shot) bend the ramp as per CGC. If not do nothing......

#3259 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

January 31, 2018 #652. I am getting a more weak plunges; maybe 25% of the time. Interestingly, all of the auto plunges are strong. This is a great game, high score 3 billion which is good for a hack like me!

I would also check your shooter alignment (ball to shooter solenoid geometry) I had to bend that shooter a bit to get it to hit the ball in the middle. Once I did that, it would launch stronger but then the ball would hit that "speed bump" on launch ramp and hit the wire form even more. Once I bent the speed bump out of the ramp, everything worked normally. Anything less than 100% is unacceptable in my book!

#3262 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

My build date is 12/27. If I have the correct understanding the problem is with the ball not making it up around the curve when launched? If so it seems to happen on my machine 3-4 times out of ten. Should I bend the ramp to correct this?

yes! CGC has a written procedure if you are needing one.

#3280 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

yep, that video did the trick

UH you might want to leave that protector on.....

#3281 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Will any of the playfield issues show themselves even though I have a PP?

If you do not have any pf issues now then I would not worry about them showing up under a pf protector. Protectors are controversial on here. (some like em so don't for different reasons) I have one on my CC and it plays just fine, but I don't have one on any of my other games. So don't let anyone try to super impose their opinions on you about protectors. You make the choice if they are worth it or not.

#3284 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

PF protectors result in a game that's less enjoyable to play. If you don't believe they negatively effect play, then I don't know what to tell you. Geez...I even hate the way some mylar effects gameplay. After removing the magnet mylar from my Dialed In, the magnet behavior is way more predictable. But don't let us more experienced pinballers super impose our "opinions"
Whatever,

ONCE AGAIN! This is an opinion! Your opinion. Lets let the guy decide for himself huh!

#3303 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

At what price point will cliffy protectors be included, 15K?

What I am told is CGC does not offer Cliffy's with the games due to purists. However even though I do not use Cliffys all the time due to how they make the game look (like you are hiding something) , I do not consider myself a "purist" (maybe I really am one) I think it would be nice to just have them included not installed. But wouldn't that be like admitting that your play fields are weak or don't hold up in the long run? hmmm....

#3306 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Well said. The new made Churchill playfeilds will show more wear. Doing nothing is just a worn playfeild.

Not to mention the inconsistency. You would think that this process would be a no brainer by now. It's almost like their playin around with the chemistry still.

#3314 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can minimize the potential by changing "Game restart" to "slow" which requires a press to be held before it restarts.

I never new this! Thank you posting that.

#3326 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Ninja chrome balls from Ball Baron

I am not saying you should not use the plated balls but, When I got my MM it had Brass ones in it (gold) they eventually started sheading (plating coming off)
Not Good! There was metal plating everywhere. I took me awhile to get it all out of there and I still will see a flake or two once in awhile. The balls will hit each other and it just hammers that plate job! The balls that the games come with are polished steel for a reason.

#3327 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The other (but much more expensive) option is to buy a second playfield,

Man, what a shame to have to do this with a brand new game! I know there are some guys that have extra play fields for each and every one of their games. But those are originals.

#3334 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Nature of the beast I suppose. The shooter lane in my 1 year old MMR was starting to look like my 22 year old TOM!

Well they had better get it together if they are going to sell enough of these remakes! They can start by taking care of their loyal customers so that they are return customers. I think there are more people watching here than we or they may realize.

#3337 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Truth be told, I really want to be a loyal remake customer. After getting MMR, I said I would buy anything you put out. That was until I got AFMR and the chipping hadn't immediately. I just took a look tonight, and I now have chipping on both sides of the SOL. Basically every exposed edge of this game is now chipped. It's pretty disappointing

Don't blame you a bit for feeling like that. I believe this issue is whats driving people to just pick up a nice original or a different game. I am on the fence right now on purchasing another remake. I was planning on getting a MBr but with the playfield issues the originals had, I can't say I can count on CGC to remaster that game. That pf needs serious remastering (improvements) otherwise it will do the same thing the original did. Now the clear coat seems to be a problem. I restored a MB I know what needs to be done to that pf to have a reliable machine. The originals had warping problems too. That game will need a real solid clear coat system to go the distance. Especially around the Drac Trac! Of course you could buy one and buy a pf from Micro and just throw it in there from the start. Or buy a pf protector and put it on right out of the box.

#3342 6 years ago

is anything being done about these issues?

Some have issues that have been resolved, some have no issues, some have issues that haven't been resolved. There are individuals that are posting that have no issues and there are individuals that are posting that have issues and there are individuals that have issues that are not posting! What is posted here is just a small sample of what is really happening.

#3363 6 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

Is there an adjustment that can be made when the ball keeps popping from the inlane into the outlane? Mostly thus happens when it is coming in from the ramps but sometimes it’s happening when a fast ball goes down the inlane. It’s pretty frustrating when you are having a good game that suddenly drains when it shouldn’t!!!!

This is the result from the ball spinning mostly. If it happens off the ramp (ball drops into the inlane then magically moves up and into the outlane), it usually can be fixed by adjusting the wireform (moving the ramp in away from the bumper post) I had this happening on my Champion Pub on both sides. It really got my wife riled up as that is her favorite game. Try moving the wire form ramp around a bit to get the ball to drop right the middle of the inlane!

#3379 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

But doesn’t s—t happen? Make enough games, things don’t always go according to plan, you correct and move on

We are still waiting for the correction part
Then we can move on.

#3381 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

y ticket for plastic cracking was approved and new ones are on the way.

Are you going to put them on right away or save em?

#3403 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I don’t care about the mothership hole.

You should have a look at some of the original AFM Play Fields that have lots of plays. The Mother Ship hole is blown out. No difference here. Some things on AFMr are remade some are remastered (improved) The mother ship hole is not one of them. It WILL get damaged history has proven such. That is why I installed a cliffy there. (the only place I installed one) Yes I agree Cliffys change the difficulty of those hole shots, but its a good trade for no damage there. Your Game Play is already changed with the Mantis on SOL! Not trying to sell you something here just simple logic.

#3474 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Finally got my LED lighting working. Thanks to everyone for their help with this. Esp Whthrs for all his advice, pics, and replying to my messages.

Yay! It looks awesome! Nice job!

#3475 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

spend your money elsewhere. As many others have pointed out, voting with your dollars is the way to go.

Yep! You Bet! If you don't like crappy quality playfields sell your game and don't buy anymore remakes or any other new in the box game! That is exactly the point! It also is a heads up to the guys that stop by here to get the latest info on a game they may want to buy! I have figured out that there is no NIB game that doesn't come with some risk. There are a lot of folks that believe that buying a NIB game means you get a new perfect game! You might or might not.

#3498 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

What causes this planking

Planking usually happens when there is a change in humidity. The wood itself cracks and lifts.

#3499 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It looks more like poorly prepped wood was painted

Maybe it started out that way and got worse as it cured. It may end up as planking if it continues to get worse. I am sure CGC will want to replace it as I cant believe they want one of their customers to have a brand new game looking like that.

#3502 6 years ago

So according to Doug all the LEs are done. Does anyone know if they have sold out?

#3507 6 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

There are still some available.

I was just curious. I think its been a year to build them.

#3511 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

So this issue would show up right out of the box right?

Yep! I saw a game that was at the local dealer that had the same condition! Poor prep is what these guys are saying. If thats true it looks really bad on the manufacturer. If it is something related to the dry climate here in Colorado I would think that CGC would want to send that customer a pf just as a test to see if it happens to a pristine pf that has no issues.

#3513 6 years ago

Should be the same as the original. I P D

#3517 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It is just too much to expect a quality build.

I Hope not. But if this is the new standard of excellence, we need to make sure everyone knows it.

#3519 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Are we off base here expecting better or is this really normal?

No Your not off base and if your playfield looks like that you should be pissed.

#3521 6 years ago

It seems buying a used game is the way to go. No mystery purchase! You go, you look, you play, you buy. If you get unforseen issues, Blame Yourself.

#3525 6 years ago

Your playfield is nice and smooth!

#3528 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Ok, good to hear, I don't need to start punching myself in the face and cry in the shower with my clothes on.

#3545 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Many of us aren’t having clear coat issues but other planking issues. Cliffy won’t fix anything.

This Play field looks terrible! I cant believe this is a new game. What is the update with this? You opened a ticket right?

#3547 6 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I'm having an issue where the ball is often not shot up to the pop bumpers. It hits something and comes back the pop bumper exit.

You are having the issue he is talking about. Your launch ramp is causing your ball to jump up and hit the wire form at the end. You need to follow CGC's procedure on removing the launch ramp and bending it at the crease in the opposite direction (taking out the speed bump) so the ball doesn't jump up and hit the wire form. That is why it is not making it to the top.

#3556 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

but when i see this play fields

Maybe you will get a nice play field....

#3559 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

At 8K for a new machine, a "maybe" is all you are guaranteed.

....And you will like it! Complaint Dept. 555-5555 Don't call us we will call you!

#3573 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

likely buy another playfield from Planetary, so one day when it gets beat up, I'll just swap them.

This is a good idea! Just buy an extra pf so you change it out. You could send it over to Kruzman and have it done right! How much is a new pf? It definitely solves the chipping and grainy play field problems.

#3576 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

They generally work for beer or food

BEER!

#3586 6 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

I agree I am very happy with CGC and their quick response to making it right. More I cannot ask.

If your problems are small, ( launch issue, plastics issue, solenoid board pic issue, topper issue, glass rattle,) CGC is very quick and responsive to resolve the issues according to the warranty agreement you purchased with your new game. If your problems are larger however, (degenerative play field issues like chipping, Grainy clear coat, color) CGC has been much slower to respond with mixed signals and resolutions. If they could just take this last step to resolve the more difficult issues then their brand would be superior IMHO to other manufacturers and their warranty programs and behaviors.

#3589 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Just the luck of the draw! Surprise! Surprise! Surprise

I will be very excited to see MBr! I am really wanting this one and I know there a lot of others also that are eager for the new reveal. MB is my wife's favorite I already have the approval of the Boss! Just waiting to see how things pan out on the pf issues for the Green light. I am also very excited about CCr! Especially how they do the software and options! Maybe some cool video modes!

#3609 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I can't imagine launching the ball 600 times caused all that damage.

Wow! The ball typically doesn't even wear the shooter lane much there either! That pf is coming apart right there. That's disturbing!

#3611 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Even after being asked to back up your claim, you won't, so I'm just going to ignore your claim, it's just trolling.

OK but why would someone do that! He needs to open a ticket with CGC if he hasn't already. Then kindly let us know here how that turns out.

#3614 6 years ago

If you look closely the black is under(whats left of ) the clear and it is a definitive shape trapezoidal ! Its part of that pf shooter lane. It's a question for CGC.

#3622 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Not sure if I’ll bother updating anybody since BitPatrol accused me of being a troll.

Don't let one person's opinion sway you to do the right thing, especially if you have nothing to hide. Other people need to know what's going on and how it gets handled. It's important to inform and protect others. It's not if there are problems, it's how they are handled. These are just pictures and can look like a lot of things. Your situation needs be investigated and the truth will come out. If you post the findings here we will know that you are sincere with whats happened to your game.

#3624 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

I’m not sure why you think I used wood putty and the black is how it came I’m not sure how other AFM look like. why would I bother

It's not wood putty. The clear has worn completely away at that spot and that's the bare wood. Your not going to see the same color or grain that why it looks like wood putty. That black portion is very strange right there and does not appear in any game I have seen. Questions for CGC!

#3630 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Holy smokes!!!! Did you check and see if you have a ball with a chip in it? That’s the only thing I can think of that would do that to a playfield so quickly.

It's shocking alright! I have had games with chipped balls and nothing like that. The damage would also be wide spread throughout the game. Imagine what the mother ship hole would look like!

#3631 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Maybe chancegino will go radio silent like drewblood did after the issue with the print quality on the MMR inserts

Well we all know what that means don't we......

#3635 6 years ago

OK Marc, I just shot down 44 cows! how many cows have you guy shot down?

#3646 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Ok, but there is no chipping on his shooter lane, and he looked at it close when he took the picture, no chipping.

Most people do not understand what they have when this kind of thing is evident. He asked for assistance in what he was looking at. He used the word chipping, maybe a poor choice of words, It is definitely a flawed pf if I ever saw one.

#3647 6 years ago

But if the game is a collectors edition I would at least get a replacement playfield to make the game more collectible.

This is todays wisdom! These LEs are collector games! That's why people buy the LEs.

#3650 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That’s not why I bought my LE. I just wanted the light show and topper. I don’t expect that the playfield is more perfect. But that’s just me.

Yes Marc we know, your just a player, we got it!

#3651 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Seems simple. Call Doug on Monday and have him send out a prepaid return label and container for the defective playfield. Then, after this defective unit has been returned, ship a new populated playfield

You sir are Hired! That's your office over in the corner there! next to trash can.....

#3654 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

And not a great player at that

Remember you said it I didn't.

#3658 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I’ll remember. Every time I play with my group of pinball buddies I end up fixing their games. Oh well.

Play at your house!

#3664 6 years ago

Wear, Chipping, Grinding, Rubbing, Burning, Flakeing Lifting, whatever.... It's a flawed play field period.

#3675 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

What does CGC do? Tell their customers to go screw?

In a more polite way yes. They try and convince you that these conditions are normal and just part of a handmade process. Funny, they also claimed that the process was not correctly administered. ?? Mixed signals.... The bottom line is these pf s are either not holding up or look like crap from the start. I wonder how many owners that have grainy wavy play fields were told "oh that's normal" and they believed them and just moved on?

#3678 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Could someone copy and paste the support thread from a conversation like this with CGC? I'm really curious to read it.

It sounds like they were phone conversations so there is nothing to copy or post. I am sure that is all part of the plan.

#3692 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Interesting comparing to an original. My game probably had 10000 plays plus but quality of the clear back in the 90's seems way better.

Man that is a nice shooter lane!

#3693 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Planking is wood grain that starts to show. Can be from poorly prepared wood by lack of sanding or prep. Can be wood humidity was higher than current climate and did not cure/dry correctly. These lines get worse and split apart. In the picture you can’t see the splits like in person. This is not major but come on it is a relatively new game. Anyone have picture of major? I had a TZ that had it major once as game must have been next to a swamp cooler and then had a new home in dry Denver.

A couple of those Cracks look like they are very close to the wood. That is certainly going to get worse.....

#3695 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Planking is wood grain that starts to show. Can be from poorly prepared wood by lack of sanding or prep. Can be wood humidity was higher than current climate and did not cure/dry correctly. These lines get worse and split apart. In the picture you can’t see the splits like in person. This is not major but come on it is a relatively new game. Anyone have picture of major? I had a TZ that had it major once as game must have been next to a swamp cooler and then had a new home in dry Denver. The CFTBL and other picture are more major. This quote is from a six year old pinside post:
“Here is a pic of someones CFTBL that I found on RGP that has planking. Lenc Smith (LS) pfs are notorious for planking. Some of the worst ones were on TZ. You can spot a LS TZ pf just by looking at the door. TAG and Sun Products (SP) are the prefered pfs to have.”
Topic here in full.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/planking-bsd

Wow nice repost! That TZ looks like an extreme case. (what it ends up looking like)

#3714 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've owned a fair number of pins and cars and from my perspective, it's BS that newer car paint jobs aren't as beautiful and resilient. The pin issue is much more about the craftsmanship and cost of skilled labor. I have no doubt the wood might not be as hard and the paint/clear might be "less great", however any notion that you can't create a GORGEOUS PF with today's materials is misguided. Pinball issues are largely about cost cutting to improve a companies bottom line...
snaroff

Well said! I think someone is using the old EPA story as a convenient truth!

#3717 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Of course, it is all about cost. Pinball companies will cut costs wherever they can. It is when it affects the final product where the end user balks.

You know If I manufactured a pinball machine I would want my top of the line product to out shine all the rest. A symbol of pride. I would want all of owners to be completely happy and satisfied with their games. I would want them to feel like their games will stand the test of time and play. To be collectible down the road.

#3719 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Paint has to be cracked to get a new playfield. The woodgrain look isn't enough

Is this coming from CGC?

#3720 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Paint has to be cracked to get a new playfield. The woodgrain look isn't enough

Yeah It's not enough that it looks like shit! Good Grief. A Limited Edition NIB $8300 game that looks like that! Unbelievable Well so much for MBr! Take my money elsewhere.

#3722 6 years ago

So does that make good business sense? Just let people sell or trade their AFMr LE for something else and move on. No return business, just walk away?
Makes me wonder how long they can be in business with this model? We are not talking about Stern here. This is a new company. I guess it could be worse, could be like Dutch and just leave most of your customers with no game for their hard earned dollar.

#3739 6 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

I'm going to take off my lurker hat for a minute, and say that this is exactly why I'm no longer going to order a Classic edition next month.
While I've never bought a NIB pin before, I'm aware that all have a risk and sometimes you need some things fixed immediately upon opening it. However, this whole game of only telling people "no" through phone calls so that you can avoid public statements around things that may be wrong is just disgusting. Telling people on phone calls that having an ENTIRE COLOR MISSING from their playfield is okay, and its just "artistic differences" between machines is the biggest middle finger to their customers I can imagine.
I've wanted this game since it was announced. This was the game that I found in a pizza parlor in college that turned pinball from "fun in an arcade" to a hobby for me. I've saved, hit setbacks, kept on going, and gotten the go-ahead from the wife because it was THIS title, the one that was so important to me. I know a purchase like this isn't a big deal for some people, but for me its a huge step in the hobby-as well as my only chance to ever feel comfortable with the price of this title.
And now I would be playing roulette if I ordered one. There have been quite a few people posting problems with missing colors or other playfield issues, yet all we hear are a few brave people saying that they got a phone call saying "no."
I'm out, and I'm more saddened than angry. The titles they have waiting in the wings would have been my best chance for ever owning those machines for a price that I'm comfortable with, machines from my era for really discovering pinball.
My Grandfather always said that you shouldn't measure people by their mistakes, but by how they deal with them. While I'm still waiting to hear Onwallst's story, I have a feeling that given the overall silence by people having larger issues, what he is saying is correct and that there is very little to measure in CGC's business practices.
I know that the loss of one Classic Edition won't hurt them at all, but I do want them to be aware that future buyers who aren't vocal on forums are watching all of this very closely.

This is a nice post! Thank for posting your feelings on this. I would encourage more to come forward. Yep snaroff is right you can pick up a nice original and know that it will hold its value and be very collectible. Not to mention very fun to play.

#3740 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, so you were told to live with the COMPLETELY WRONG COLOR on your BRAND NEW UNDER WARRANTY GAME playfield? That seems...unreasonable. I wonder how many others have that screened color screwed up like this? I mean, it's not like it's even close, and elsewhere on that layer, that color is used for a laser, so you have a NUDE laser beam in the art instead of an orange one? C'mon. That is NOT right

Oh yes" part of the creative process in producing a playfield" along with grainy planking. All part of convincing you that there really isn't anything wrong!

#3741 6 years ago

All good! Lets see what happens. I think CGC are ringing their customers so they make the contact personal

You would think so and I would be the first person to agree with you if they resolved the pf issues with that phone call. But that's not whats happening here.

#3743 6 years ago

Listen to your Grandfather.. "My Grandfather always said that you shouldn't measure people by their mistakes, but by how they deal with them"

Your Grandfather has wisdom! I agree whole heartedly! Hopefully they wont make a mistake with this.

#3745 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The planking I can see some leeway in interpreting since a LOT of playfields have it to varying degrees (stern is especially bad at times). But the completely WRONG screen color on a WHOLE playfield is inexcusable. It's not artistic, it's a MISTAKE, and not the responsibility of the buyer to live with. That problem is black and white, no wiggle room. The playfields affected should be replaced on demand. What's the warranty for, if not CLEAR and OBVIOUS factory DEFECTS like THAT?

Totally Agree with you!

#3754 6 years ago

Do you have some first hand experience you could kindly share with us on what is really happening? I found CGC fantastic to deal with. CGC resolved our issue quickly and we are very happy. I know of many AFMr owners that are happy with CGC and very few that are not.

Do you have any playfield issues? Any of the planking, chipping, wrong colors, mystery rubout marks?

#3757 6 years ago

I agree with mschonbrun. We are on a forum and everyone has the right to express themselves. Vote with your wallet dude. That can work both ways. If lots of people agree with you it forces the company to change or they go broke. If not many people agree with you, the company does not have to deal with you any more and prospers even further. No more wasted time on people that cannot resolve their issues. Constantly looking for an argument is not in the good spirits of Pinside

This is not about voting with your wallet! This is before that. This is about discussing this issue with people who have these issues to try to bring about a resolution. We already have lots of people that agree with us and most of them are not on Pinside! If you have a nice perfect beautiful flawless game, Good For You! I am happy for you. Flip on! Have fun.

#3759 6 years ago

Then this is not about how good CGC is in handling your situation.

#3765 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I’m sorry if you don’t believe that, but that is the truth and I have nothing to hide.

It's ok we still love you Marc....

#3767 6 years ago

Do you have a AFMr that has issues and lodged a ticket?

Why would you care about that? Do you work for CGC?

#3782 6 years ago

I do not care to help you at all, you are only on this thread to cause issues and you do not like anyone calling out your BS.

I didn't ask for your help, nor do I need it and that wasn't the question in first place.

#3825 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

I am a pinball customer and I buy new games and share experiences with no agenda.

Thank you for posting this! It takes some guts to post something like this on here. I can't imagine who would PM hate messages to you....
Unbelievable!

#3837 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I think this thread is being run by a few negative nancy’s and isn’t reflective of the overall condition of the machines being delivered

I think you need to play pinball and stay out of it.

#3844 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

at least JJP is finally drinking the cool aid

And laughing their asses off!

#3849 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just strike a fair price deal with Doug on a new playfield and swap it out after you’ve played yours a ton.

Hey Doug you hearing this! Wisdom from Wacky! I love it!

#3883 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Love this game # 556

Nice Play field! Just goes to show ya, they can produce a nice play field and have.

#3889 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

If CGC will not stand by their product and replace the wrong colors and planking playfields they will not be getting my money for both AFM and CC when made.

A Great Post Thank you for sharing! And again the reason for posting here is to bring notoriety to the inaction on the more complex issues. We all want to believe that CGC will evolve into a great company to do business with in future.

#3897 6 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

I appreciate everybody sharing their experiences, both good and bad, with this table

Thanks Man for your input!

#3901 6 years ago

I think that is a great idea. If you're close to dealership, get game shipped to them and then have it setup to give it a full inspection before taking it home. I will do this for MBr

It's a good idea that shouldn't be necessary. However, I will say that the local dealer here has one that has the Grainy Planking play field on there floor!

#3905 6 years ago

Well if I decide to get a MBr, I guess I will just drive to Chicago and Pick the one I want.

#3909 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Would most of these issues not be resolved by CGC having their quality assurance person use a dsl camera to take a picture of the playfield and cabinet as the last step before boxing? At least on the LEs?

Probably not!

#3911 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

When you purchase a playfield from CPR (which I've done for several of my restorations), they place them into 3 "buckets" (Gold, Silver, & Bronze). Gold being the most flawless/expensive. CPR has pretty strict inspection criteria for what constitutes a Gold vs. Silver vs. Bronze PF.

I like CPR. I got a Silver pf for a Totan I restored. I never did find the flaw. I guess the LE owners got steel play fields!

#3929 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My question is where are the distributors in this discussion? Are they washing their hands? they should be front and center on this issue.

I think There have been a couple that have posted. They did not come out and say it, but they kind of implied it by what they wrote. Everyone has their reason for coming out and posting or not customer or distributer.

#3936 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I would like to open a ticket myself using that picture, and confirm that this is the level of quality I risk getting with a MMr or MBr.

That doesn't sound very honest. You could use the picture to argue a point, not open a ticket because it is not an issue with your game.

#3949 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It's to test their reaction.

OH! OK! sorry Bipatrol !

#3950 6 years ago

Im reading this thread and seeing that a few people have some cosmetic issues on their games.
They are very vocal and are gaining sympathy from pinsiders in general.
I dont think that the cosmetic issues I have read, affect gameplay at all.
From a players perspective, only issues that affect gameplay are valid. It is a game after all.
Color variations on playfields are as old as pinball itself and can be sorted out in time if need be.
Chipping of clearcoat is to be expected and can be controlled fairly easily by the end user if they want.
Apply full sheet mylar or a makrolon full protector if you want. Its the end users choice as much as whether you wax your car or not.
example: My $12K Seedoo has scratches all over it from only 5 uses. My $200 baseball bat has scratches after only one game etc.
This does not mean that CGC is making an inferior product at all.
Its simpy pinball.
Anything that affects gameplay they immediately respond to, as they should.
Damning a game manufacturer for a relatively small percentage of defects is unfair and misleading.
How they respond to individual cases, on an individual basis, is not what the majority can expect at all.
All pinball machines have had quirks and poorly engineered parts that had to be remade or re-envisioned down the road.
The aftermarket is filled with these solutions.
JMHO... please go back to beating up CGC for no reason now

WTF ?????

#3952 6 years ago

please go back to beating up CGC for no reason now

Weren't doin that in first place!

#3959 6 years ago

Yes, you most certainly are. Plenty of rumour and Story telling. Shows you how self destructive some people in the hobby really are. Such a shame that a handful of people can cause so much drama. Doing their best to remove the smile from people that have spend a vey large chunk of their savings on a pinball machine.

That's fine you can take the opportunity to attack me in your attempt to distract what is going on here if that's what you need to justify your position. I see through it and so does everyone else here. Your attacks are petty and meaningless. I do not have to explain anything to you. I support everyone who just wants what they paid for.

#3970 6 years ago

Plenty of rumour and Story telling

Please tell us what rumors and stories you are referring to.... I love a good bedtime story!

#3975 6 years ago

All your stories. You are yet to post what your issue is with your machine. Always answering a question with a question.. sidestepping if you really have any issues with an AFMr or even if you really own one. This is an owners thread.

WOW That's a lot of stories! I have posted on here a lot, for a long time and about a great many subjects and your saying they are all BS! . ALL of em Really
You know that sounds like an attack on me. You have no idea who I am buddy. And I do not have to reveal anything to you. If you have some beef with me you can PM me. This is my last response to you.

#3986 6 years ago

Wish I was There Marc!

#3997 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

CGC can address the problem or deal with the PR storm

And right now it's pretty stormy!

#4000 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

You Colorado boys need to chill just bit

well what about you?

#4075 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

e main thing is this: If they really want to appease the "purists" and make a game as close to the original as possible, then please tell me why it is that with 25 years of innovation over the archaic electronics of yesteryear, I cannot turn on my machine and start playing a game within 10 seconds? Why does it now take "new technology" at least five times as long to start?
I believe that my question and the answer to the Cliffys is actually the same single word answer .

That is a really good question. It seem to really annoy some people. It might be a question for Loyd.

#4077 6 years ago

Hmm so It’s just slow because it has to boot ip the old WPC program. Crazy

#4079 6 years ago

Yeah it doesnt bother me either. Definitly not as slow as PC based machines.

#4081 6 years ago

Nope Crickets....

#4091 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

and if there is a chance CCrLE would be a better game than the original with the color and add-ons if any

They are going to have to produce a really good code in order for CCr to be better than CCC. All the big displays and interactive toppers in the world won't matter to me without that. And with all the recent play field issues, I am glad I bought an original.

#4096 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Could they not use the CCC code somehow?

No they cant. They will have to come up with their own completed code. In the mean time Eric is working on an update for Continued. That will be awesome!

#4104 6 years ago

Only PDI glass left to go. Man, this game rocks "ALOT" with the powered sub!

Holy Shit, you will bring the house down with that!

#4117 6 years ago

Well Said Ptown!

#4121 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I guessing Stern passed this cost on to the manufacturer which is CGC...Unfortunately for CGC, they have no one to pass the cost on to since they are the manufacture. IMO this is a failure of management for allowing sub-standard parts to go out the door.

Absolutely!

#4128 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Should i add mylar to my shooter lane? If so, where to I get the mylar?

Yep Marco has it.

#4129 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Finally got around to putting my red titans on my flippers/bumpers, man do I love these things...feels so much better. My first game after them I managed 3 super jackpots in one MB, never even got more than one before. Ended up collecting one more in a later MB for 4 total SJs. I'm at 244 plays on mine, everything on it besides the titans is factory. LE#533

Nice looking game, nice looking playfield. They can make a really nice play field no question about it! It's too bad everyone didn't get one like yours.

#4139 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Might be my last post.....

Promise! Pinky Swear!

2 weeks later
#4636 6 years ago

Thank you for speaking for the unspoken!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
421 posts in this topic match your search for posts by whthrs166. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/2?tu=whthrs166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.