pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

337 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pintechev. You are on page 2 of 2.
#4737 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What do you have you slant set at?
Also, can you take a photo of your flipper settings as I adjusted those too.
Thanks

My slant is 6.5 (or at least it was). Flipper settings are at -4.

#4739 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can you possibly send a pic of the flippers placement?

Sure - they are factory; I haven’t touched them at all.

#4742 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

No pic attached.

I’m not home yet. I’m in CA at work right now and I’ll be happy to post them tonight.

#4750 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can you possibly send a pic of the flippers placement?

Damien,

Here you are.

Marc

A288715C-9295-48B4-A00C-9E8C8DD3BCEC (resized).jpegA288715C-9295-48B4-A00C-9E8C8DD3BCEC (resized).jpeg

#4771 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys my diverter shoots it STDM almost 50% of the time, it does this on all strength settings. Before I put the new chip in the strength settings seemed to actually do something. I tried to manually adjust the diverter but even after removing some of the screws a can't get enough movement on it without the screws being able to still screw back in. Maybe washers on one side between the Playfield and plate??

Do you mean the SOL scoop? There is a diverter, but it’s on the multiball lock shot and it shouldn’t do what you’re describing.

#4773 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I meant SOL .
Ok so I needed to change the Popper strength to -2 to get it to not shoot STDM when exiting the SOL and it only woll go to the right flipper. I need to get it to shoot to the left flipper, maybe washer underneath?

Try increasing the strength and see if you can get it to the left flipper.

#4779 6 years ago

Open a ticket with CGC and see how they would like you to address the issue.

#4782 6 years ago

All it takes is one good ball.

#4807 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Curious to know what flipper strength you guys have settled on since the PIC 2.0 update.
Also, put the game at 6.5 (measured at flippers) with the outlane posts in the middle of each slot, and I can barely keep the ball alive. That sound about right for this game?

-4, and yeah, this game has brutal outlanes, same as the original. It’s a wide open middle with sheer cliffs on the bottom.

4 weeks later
#5008 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

The ball keeps bouncing from the inlane to the outlane when it drops from the left and right ramps

Can you pleas take a video and share it here?

#5012 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

The board is small and could be included with the topper. CGC is remaking all the classics. I don't think they'd have any problems remaking their own topper.

It could be. But it’s a LE thing and therefore won’t be.

3 weeks later
#5168 5 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

I have a bug report too. When you RTU for the 9th time on ball one, the flashers seem a bit off. Anyone else notice this?

Every game. I thought it was just me.

#5218 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Hi. Finally set up my LE. Can anyone help me with the connections to the topper? I seem to have a 3/4 female that must go to the set of males above the blank inputs on the board except the male is 4/4. Any help with this all all other connections (though I seem confident with the rest) would be appreciated. I’m including a pic of my board that has what I think is an extra pin. Thanks guys.

You can either remove the pin from the board, or remove the plastic plug from the connector. I went with the latter.

Marc

#5231 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so the only hiccup I keep on having is that on ball launch when I want it to go all the way around, sometimes the ball gets caught in the bumpers. It's not 100% going around. I tried to make the power higher and it appeared to work but still getting that issue. Anything I should look out for?

Open a ticket with CGC. There is a fix they can help you with.

#5241 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Doug had promised a few people that he would have something in writing regarding the playfield warranty extension. I guess that is never going to happen now.
Never expected it would, seeing that it has been 6 months since he told me this over the phone, but this sort of seals it.
I've now had really amazing experiences with JJP and Stern, and I'll be putting my money into their pockets going forward.
IMO, the only good thing that CGC has going for them, is LTG
They'd be lost without you, sir

You can certainly spend your money how you wish, but CGC is more than just Doug Skor. You should reach out to Doug Duba (also on Pinside) about the written warranty extension.

1 week later
#5271 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Quick question, is there an easy fix to why sometimes the plunger is weak delivering the ball all the way thru the gate while holding the left flipper for a Super Skill Shot? Mine seem to be about 50/50 at making it thru lately.

Yes. Contact Chicago Gaming and ask for the updated metal ball guide around the pop bumper to fully resolve the issue.

#5291 5 years ago

Small metal ball guide by the pops was incorrectly curved more than spec. It was slight and I could barely notice it on the game I upgraded. But it was enough to be in the path of the ball sometimes on launch and take the inertia away. Was a small number I games and is now corrected (has been for months). If you’re still having the issue, contact support for a new ball guide.

#5295 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think I need to get mine replaced too. Is it an easy swap? and do you think cgc will support second hand owners?

Contact CGC and ask for help. Costs nothing to ask.

It was somewhere between easy and medium. Take off a couple of ramps and then it’s easy. Hardest part for me was to get the wood screws off that hold down the ramp flap. Thankfully they send you new ramp screws since they’re easy to strip on the way up — use a really good driver to back them out.

The rest was very straightforward. Solved my friends game instantly.

#5296 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thankyou very much for the info. I will have a good look at our game when I get home tonight. I did notice that MMr ball guide is different and MMr has no issues in the same spot. MMr ball makes it around every time.

Different games; very different shot geometry in that spot.

#5298 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

They are sending out replacement ball guides now? The last I heard they just sent the PDF out with instructions on how to bend the existing guide to make it work...if they are indeed sending out new ones I'll contact them for one.

For a small number of people, bending didn’t work.

#5301 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I reached out to CGC a couple days ago, opened a support ticket, and got this notification today....man that was fast!
Email:
There have been a small number of games that were shipped with an incorrect bend in the upper right-hand Jet Bumper Ball Guide. This incorrect bend resulted in balls ricocheting as they came out of the shooter lane entering in to the Top Orbiter Lane. Balls as a result were not properly traveling around the Top Orbiter Lane. Not all game required this update
I will go ahead and send you the Metal ball guide.
Thank you for your patience,

That’s great!

#5310 5 years ago

That was more pronounced than what I replaced - glad you’re also fixed up!

3 weeks later
#5453 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think my flippers are too powerful but I have version 1 rom do my dealer said can’t adjust the strength, anyone know what that’s about?
Also where is the flipper strength setting?

Contact CGC to get the version 2 rom do you can adjust the flippers to your liking.

#5476 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just to clarify my issue of ball not making over (around) the top loop. It's n getting hung up on the bend it's happening as it exits the shooter lane before it even makes the top lane this might be 25% of the rejects.

Contact CGC for support and communicate exactly what you did above. They should be able to provide a permanent fix.

#5478 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Exact same thing happens on my game.
QSS

And you should also contact CGC for a permanent fix.

#5499 5 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

I put up a big number on my AFMRLE yesterday. It is almost double my previous high. With the exception of Free Play and 5 Balls per game, the settings are factory. I got a free ball from Strobe Multiball, # of Stroke of Luck and Video Mode. I had finished all countries and started Attack Mars on my 1st ball. I successfully RTU 3 times(I had never had a game with multiple RTU's before) and had several exceptional Total Annihilation multiballs. I remember one of my bonuses was in excess of 4B. The first picture shows how the 12th digit is cut out in the large display. I don't think I'll ever be able to put up a number like this again.

Nice QA testing! You found a great boundary condition

#5514 5 years ago

Lift the playfield and take a look at the LED indicators. Does anything light up under there?

2 weeks later
#5636 5 years ago
Quoted from Gacknacker:

Chicago Gaming sent a curved orbit part to fix my LE shooter lane not sending the ball around. The instructions to replace look complex. Anyone complete this repair yet?

I’ve done it. It’s not that bad. Take your time and it will go fine.

#5639 5 years ago
Quoted from Gacknacker:

Thanks for the replies, and boost of confidence with the repair! Did it solve your shooter lane problem?

Yes! (Installed for a friend as mine was fine, but it completely solved his.)

#5645 5 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I'm the second owner of an AFMrSE. The machine has the problem with the shooter lane. I assume the guide isn't covered by the warranty? If not, is there somewhere I can purchase the corrected guide?

Contact CGC. They should help you since it’s a manufacturers defect.

1 week later
#5680 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Has anyone installed the 3D translite? If so did it need to be altered in any way to fit?

It does not require any alteration to fit.

1 week later
#5754 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Will an AFM plastic set work for AFMR?

Yes

1 week later
#5793 5 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Well my game needed the entire PCB board under the playfield replaced because the game suddenly had many issues and wouldn’t play. CG was good about helping me troubleshoot and sending out a replacement board. All was well but I’m starting to lose some confidence in the game itself as I have no idea what caused that huge failure and I was wondering what I would of done if it wasn’t under warranty.

You would have either had it repaired by a board technician (schematics are available in the manual), or you would have purchased a replacement board if it was outside the warranty period.

Quoted from Miknan:

Now a new issue unless I’m being a bit paranoid which is possible. I was playing a game this morning when I saw a very faint flicker, could of been my imagination but when I look at the animations it doesn’t look as smooth as before. I know when I had my color dmd for JD there were a few different color modes but reading through documentation and going through the menus I don’t see it for this game. Is there such a thing? Kept playing and when hit the ball lock where it shows the tanks I thought I saw the faintest flicker again. When something happened to the PcB board previously I think I may have hit that same shot but it happened so fast I’m not sure. Maybe I’m going crazy... but I could of sworn the display had a more smooth look.

There are no color modes on CGC games; it's on or off.

Marc

#5795 5 years ago

I’m not really following you, sorry. What is dimming, the display or the lights on the game?

#5800 5 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

The display dims just a very little bit at the same time it’s flashing “locked ball 1” after the shot. I’m not going to worry about it. It’s so subtle. Just wondering if the next time somebody hits that shot if they notice it on there’s.

Nothing to be concerned about.

1 week later
#5836 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Yes, I have the same thing on mine.

CGC was replacing those under warranty if you reach out for support.

Marc

#5838 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Me to , who do we call or contact ?

Chicago Gaming through their support website.

3 weeks later
#5899 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Huh. I have a new afmr playfield that I got just for safekeeping, but now I’m selling my afmr. So I’m looking to part with the new playfield too. Just wondering how I should list it and what cost.
So could an afm use my playfield? They’d just have to re-dimple it? Is anyone selling repro afm playfield?

Mirco makes and sells AFM playfields. The AFMr playfields are the same on top but have a unique dimple pattern on the back. Would be a lot of work to do a swap without proper dimples.

#5921 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

The warranty transfers to new owners? I'm looking to buy a AFMr SE on Sunday and now I'm wondering if he will need to get these things fixed before I buy it now.

The written letter of the warranty states that it does not. However, a few folks here ran into manufacturing issues (the ball guide, or the replacement PIC chip) and were able to get support as second owners. If you can get it taken care of before sale, that's certainly the cleanest path forward.

3 weeks later
#5981 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

My AFMr CE showed up today. Still dialing in a little bit. It has the 1.0 software on it. The color chip was not with it so it is coming from my distributor in the mail. I am having the issue of launched balls not making it to the lanes/pops about half the time so far. Game is dialed in a 6.5 and balanced left to right. I also had the shaker motor and leg cab protectors already waiting so those were both installed already too.
Where do you guys see the ball hit coming out of the stroke of luck shot? Mine seems to be hitting the lane guide a bit left of the left flipper.

Contact CGC for a replacement ball guide to resolve your ball launch issue and ask for the PIC 2.0 chip at the same time.

#5985 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Thanks fellas. The 1.0 I was referring to is what I saw in the CGC hold the button for 4 seconds menu. That is the one for the PIC, correct?

No. You’ll need to open the back box and look at the chip with the printed label on it. LTGs post above shows where to look.

2 weeks later
#6063 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Okay, my pin clearly has the 2.0 chip. How do you fine tune coil settings? I see standard settings from the menu in the coin door. Are there advanced settings someplace? Thanks!

Hold the far left button for a few seconds to access the CGC menu and the game specific settings.

1 week later
#6131 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It’s picked up an AFMr yesterday. It is not an LE but has the big display, its awesome.
Okay, where do I get the topper...I understand it’s for the LE only and requires a board of some kind...any options available? Thanks!

You need the topper and the topper board. Check eBay. I haven't seen many for sale - as you can imagine, they are great

#6134 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any knock offs available? Something similar perhaps

The trick is the motion interactivity. There are great toppers out there, but the trick would be to make it interactive. Lemme think on it.

#6137 5 years ago

Four

1 week later
#6168 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Can the strobe light multiball be turned off on AFMr? A bit too much for me. Thanks.

Tape a piece of opaque material over the LED board - or otherwise turn it all the way to low - it’s a little much but still fun

#6182 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Your playfield looks completely normal, the holes are good and in good positions. They look exactly like mine.
The artwork always is kinda random.
Pinball artwork never exactly matches the cutouts.
This is normal.

The geometry of the game is cut by a CNC machine and are precise. Your game is perfect. Art is applied by hand and has registration variation.

#6193 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So this is my first day playing my new AFMrLE. I just finished ruler of the universe (29 Billion) is there anymore wizard modes to this or did I just finish the game? Its beautiful, I love it, but afraid this might be way to easy if you are a decent pinball player right?

Even great players like Lyman still play AFM and it never gets old. You have amazing skill if you’re able to do that - I’ve never been close.

#6204 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So this is my first day playing my new AFMrLE. I just finished ruler of the universe (29 Billion) is there anymore wizard modes to this or did I just finish the game? Its beautiful, I love it, but afraid this might be way to easy if you are a decent pinball player right?

Take the outlanes posts out of the game. Set it to tournament with no extra balls. Raise the bar

1 week later
#6240 5 years ago

I never get tired of playing this game. AFM is just a great pinball machine.

#6245 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

On my game, a lock shot that does not go all the way and comes back down tends to return to the right outlane. Can this be reduced by some adjustment?

Does it hit the post rubber on the way out of the lock lane?

1 week later
#6284 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

How do I turn off the replay knock noise? I looked through the manual and didn't see a way to do it.

Unplug the knocker itself.

#6292 5 years ago

It's probably a simple fix. All machines need tweaks and fixes; same for NIB now and then, and same even for restorations. You'll rule the universe soon.

3 months later
#6649 5 years ago

I love my AFMr. Game never gets old. I often describe it as perfect pinball.

1 week later
#6784 4 years ago

Too much heat is a bad thing. It’s not about wattage, it’s about heat and control. Get a digitally temperature controlled iron and be done.

#6786 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Okay. Perfect.
Link?

Lots of folks love this one. I do, too.

Hakko FX888D-23BY Digital Soldering Station FX-888D FX-888 (blue & yellow) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANZRT4M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_N-ZYCb6RP21E0

#6848 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yea...it doesn't. Haha
I appreciate you showing me on a SIM. This is how I first played this game for the first time as well as many other classics.
I hold the left flipper down, hit start, and it can't even make it to the pop bumpers...most of the time.
It's probably that ramp bendy thing and I'll work on it...

It's probably that you need the replacement ball guide. I would open a ticket with CGC.

2 weeks later
#6977 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

OMG!
I think this actually totally fixed it.
I was like "sure I'll bend this little piece of metal..." and then the VUK was successful on the first time 8/8 times... Like, I don't understand how 10 seconds of work and the SLIGHTEST little bend COMPLETELY fixes it.. it's like witchcraft!
Okay...
1) Replace Ball Guide
2) Align Red drop targets in front of saucer
3) Install tilt bob (yea...I haven't done this yet....)
4) Clean and Wax
5) PLAY !!!
=)

Don’t bother aligning them. They move and it’s normal on the original too. There’s some play - don’t go insane on alignment

#6979 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What did you say to get this replacement part? Mine is having a similar issue. Let me know if it works.

Say that you need the replacement ball guide. It’s a known issue and you won’t have to say more than that.

#6981 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Oh they may ask for things like your games serial number, so they can check if your game already has it or not.
LTG : )

That’s part of the ticket form I thought.

1 month later
#7108 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

That playfield is not "OK" for a 1-2 year old "LE" that was sold for top dollar as "Mint" with "low plays".
You're crazy IMO. But when it's dealing with someone elses problem, it doesn't seem as bad does it. I've been in a bad spot like this before (mis-represented game with a BS story behind it) and it's not a good position to be in.
I'd be going all the way through to make this right if I was holding it right now, I can tell you that. I thought Chicago Gaming prided themselves in the quality of playfields, more so than any other manufacturer? If they don't make this right, I'll be giving my MMr purchase a second thought (I have one on order due for next month).

What if the PF looked perfect when it left the factory and the inserts shifted/contracted at a different rate?

#7119 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I think you're confused, this isn't my game. I'm only providing my input.
So with saying the playfield is OK, you would accept this during a sale of the machine with no negative consideration towards price? Just curious.
If you say this is NOT CGC's issue, then I ask you this- Why is it that, over 10+ years of Stern ownership, including games that I have owned 10+ years or more (LOTR, TSPP, etc.), do I not have one Stern (or even JJP) that has this issue? If this is "normal" for a playfield to do this, shouldn't other Pinball companies playfields exhibit this "normal" behavior?
Again, I'm playing devil's advocate and trying to place myself in the shoes of the person who owns this machine.
Let's do a poll here, how many here, upon inspection, have an AFMr (LE or not) that has this issue (I believe too little clearcoat and evident settling).
And again, I speak with my wallet. If you're telling me that CGC doesn't care about their quality control, then why should I pay $8K plus shipping for my upcoming MMr?

I think you have been very lucky to never have an issue with an PFs for so long. Natural products are absolutely unique and things can and do happen. FWIW, I have owned all 3 remakes, all 3 have had beautiful playfields. A number of my friends also own CGC remakes and theirs are beautiful, too. It’s of course your call, but I wouldn’t worry to much about it.

1 month later
#7297 4 years ago

I think AFMr is perfect, too.

2 months later
#7577 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Does this game get boring faster than most or is there always deep energy and magic to be extracted? Every time I play this game I love it. How is it’s staying power relative to say TZ or Dialed In?

Literally never tired of it. Ever.

1 month later
#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Received the game but I must have gotten a earlier build, November 24th 2017, and it does not have the V2.0 chip. Also game did not come with a coin box, balls, power cord, and goodie bag. All I received once opened and set up we’re the legs, a operations manual, and a warranty card. Could someone please tell me what’s suppose to be included with the game? At this point I have to borrow a cord and balls from another game to get this game going. What am I not suppose to do when I have the V1.0 chip?

With the 1.0 chip, do not change the settings in the CGC menu related to flipper or other coil strength. Keep them at default and you’ll be fine until you get a new chip. Contact CGC support for the chip.

1 week later
#7969 4 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Thank you Lloyd, but do you know why as I am sure it would be a great seller for them?
I might have to come up with something myself...

To keep the LE “limited” would be my guess.

1 month later
#8148 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Does anyone else get a high pitch sound (very faint) when they reduce the backbox lighting through the menu? It changes pitch based on the setting when I drop it from MAX, -1, -2, etc. It's sounds strongest on MIN. I would prefer to keep my backbox on MIN lighting but after hearing this sound, I don't want to cause any damage.
For reference, I have the V2.0 chip.

You won’t hurt anything. The hum is just some vocal caps due to resonant frequencies. If you don’t mind the sound and like the lights, go for it.

2 months later
#8386 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So has this color error been corrected or can I still wind up getting one or these playfields on a NIB SE order now?
Thanks..

Corrected - was a fluke.

#8416 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yes, I had removed them all to do a good playfield cleaning, and I'm not entirely sure what spots they came from.

I can do this for you now. I will PM you the results.

M

#8417 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yes, I had removed them all to do a good playfield cleaning, and I'm not entirely sure what spots they came from.

Here you go. Hope it's clear.

AFM_Saucers (resized).jpgAFM_Saucers (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8467 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Dumb question, do these come with protectors now, new, or have they always been protector-less from the factory? I see Monster Bashes come with protectors now... didn't know if the AFM did the same in their latest runs? I understand that installing the protectors is not the funnest thing on earth (no pun intended).

AFMr does come with scoop protection for the stroke of luck scoop. It does not protect the saucer and the cliffy will fit the remake.

#8471 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I don’t think it does, it just comes fully mylared around the SOL but not the actual cliffy protector.

Incorrect. It has a protector that goes around the inside edge like a mantis. It protects the wood from wearing down like it did on the original. And it does not interfere with the path of the ball.

1 week later
#8477 3 years ago

This is simply the best game. I never tire of playing it. Just so much love for AFM!

#8481 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I'm not even sure. Looks very likely though... thanks!

I believe that the reason you cannot easily find that alert is because the root cause was eventually discovered to be an incorrectly manufactured ball guide around the pop bumpers that was interfering with the travel of the ball. A small number of games went out that way. If you cannot get the skill shot to make it around the orbit, open a ticket with CGC and see if your game is affected. I fixed a friends game and it was a simple swap of that metal ball guide and that fixed it all up.

#8483 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

That's exactly why the bulletin was of interest. I believe I have levelled everything correctly, but when going for the skillshot, the ball appears to get caught somewhere above the pops. Maybe 20% of the time, the ball dribbles around to the left, majority of the time it falls into the pops. I'm yet to set up a slow mo camera to see whats happening. Funny, my MBr did some thing very similar.

I would contact CGC support and explain what you’re seeing. It sounds exactly like the ball guide issue. But they will know for sure based on your serial number range, etc.

1 week later
#8490 3 years ago

I honestly don’t think you need them.

#8494 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I didn’t either thats why I decided to pass on them but I have noticed so chipping in mine. Minor but figured I’d better protect before it gets worse. Will try to post pic later if I get a chance

Ah - I’ve never noticed chipping on any of my games over the years. I mean it’s possible, but I just haven’t yet.

#8513 3 years ago

Anti rattle tape solved the issue for me permanently

3 weeks later
#8559 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I know this has been addressed before so if anyone can point me to the number reference I will appreciate. I have a problem with the VUK on the left ramp, as well as the auto ball loader. They both are not loading the ball always on the first try and sometimes it takes 3 to 4 tries to load the ball. I already checked the computer adjustments and they are fine. Is there any other mechanical adjustment that could be made?

Bend the VUK a little. As for the shooter, contact CGC with your serial number, you may need a new ball guide.

#8564 3 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Bend the VUK is kind of generic, bend black upright part what way?
[quoted image]

The mechanism under the playfield. You can bend it it so that the ball hits the black chute at a different angle.

1 month later
#8631 3 years ago

AFM is just a better game. MB is great pinball, but it doesn’t have the same perfection that AFM does.

3 months later
#9023 3 years ago

It’s the best and most complete game I’ve ever played. It’s literally perfect pinball.

1 month later
#9094 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No not the buttons, they seem fine. I know how to fix those. it's the flippers themselves. Bashing the buttons seems to fix it after a few seconds, but that could be coincidence.
I did get brave and have a look yesterday as i said. I bent the springs to try and get the opto bits to seat further into the opto sensor thingy, but not sure how much better it made it, still doing it in any case.

Next time it sticks, turn the game off. If it stays stuck, you have a mechanical problem. Based on what you describe, you have a mechanical problem. I would suggest looking at the flipper mechanism itself, and seeing if you need to clean it, or rebuild it.

#9097 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No it drops when the ball drains. It also happens to both flippers.

OK - go into switch test and see if you can replicate the issue where the flipper opto switches stay engaged when the button is not. Might also be worth a support ticket to CGC being opened—they likely have a better idea of the possible causes.

3 weeks later
#9156 3 years ago

When was the game manufactured?

#9158 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

July 13, 2017 is the Build Date from his screen shot. And his ROM is not labeled V2.0.
He needs to upgrade.

No, the build date there is for the CGC software, not the date of assembly. On the back of the game is a paper label—when was the game made?

#9172 3 years ago
Quoted from ness:

August 13 2020

You’re good. The issue has long since been corrected on newly made games. You can contact CGC to be completely sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 79.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

337 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pintechev. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/2?tu=pintechev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.