pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 212.
#51 6 years ago

Loving my AFMR!!

IMG_8851 (resized).JPGIMG_8851 (resized).JPG

IMG_8855 (resized).JPGIMG_8855 (resized).JPG

IMG_8856 (resized).JPGIMG_8856 (resized).JPG

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Loving my AFMR!!

Nice photos.
Laughing at the "Say To drugs"

#53 6 years ago

curious what's the going rate for LE and SE pins? Do you need to pay for shipping or is that included like most Stern pins?

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

curious what's the going rate for LE and SE pins? Do you need to pay for shipping or is that included like most Stern pins?

I believe the se is around 7600 shipped and le is around 8300 shipped.....

#55 6 years ago

I just got my final invoice for my LE and shipping was only 153. Very reasonable. I suppose it depends on where you're located.

#56 6 years ago

Just got my invoice today for my LE and I am super pumped! Invoiced shipping was only $149 - of course Detroit isn't terribly far from Chicago.....

#57 6 years ago

Waiting for my LE. Should be any day now.

#58 6 years ago

Can't wait for some LE unboxing pics!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Waiting for my LE. Should be any day now.

Sorry I should correct... I will be paying my final balance any day now so still waiting on shipping confirmation and estimate. Will update once I know but guessing next week or two...

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I just noticed last night that there are hairline cracks in the coloration in the return lane covers

I have the same problem on mine, I just opened a support case CGC

#61 6 years ago

Is there a feature matrix for the various versions of this game? Any other NIB add-on options available?

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Nice photos.
Laughing at the "Say To drugs"

HAHA! Yeah, that NO was off...or does it say YES? I can't remember

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Just got my invoice today for my LE and I am super pumped! Invoiced shipping was only $149 - of course Detroit isn't terribly far from Chicago.....

Damn, I wish I would have known that shipping would have been that cheap. I am even closer in St. Joseph. For that price I would have just had it shipped (I ended up driving, only 2 hours away, but traffic can be a pain). Good to know if I decide to get another game from Chicago Coin. I have to say, my experience with them has been top notch!

#64 6 years ago

I just replaced all the GI bulbs with the Nifty LED cool whites. One nice touch is that the plastic surrounding the bulb has a different color for warm vs. cool. The game ships with warm, which are black. The cools are white, so it makes it really easy to figure out what's been swapped out and maybe only took a half hour to swap out all 35 of them. Not 100% sold on the cool yet, so it'll be just as easy to swap them back if I choose to

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I just replaced all the GI bulbs with the Nifty LED cool whites. One nice touch is that the plastic surrounding the bulb has a different color for warm vs. cool. The game ships with warm, which are black. The cools are white, so it makes it really easy to figure out what's been swapped out and maybe only took a half hour to swap out all 35 of them. Not 100% sold on the cool yet, so it'll be just as easy to swap them back if I choose to

If you don't mind, could you post a picture of your game with the new LEDs? I would like to compare with the stock ones.

#66 6 years ago

Sure. I'll post a before and after tomorrow morning. The cool definitely brightens things up a bit, but I'm kind of missing the warmth of the stock... which next to my MMR wasn't quite as warm to begin with. I might play around with mixing them up a bit.

#67 6 years ago

Sure. I'll post a before and after tomorrow morning. The cool definitely brightens things up a bit, but I'm kind of missing the warmth of the stock... which next to my MMR wasn't quite as warm to begin with. I might play around with mixing them up a bit.

Thanks...I'd also be curious to see a before and after pic(s). I have my cool whites from NiftyLED in a bag awaiting the arrival of my LE. My first "mod" for it, lol.

#68 6 years ago

sunlight with a few reds in the back work really well in afm gi.... cool white didnt fit real well imo bc afm uses alot of warmer color in the art.

#69 6 years ago

Here's the before and after. Think I'm digging the cool actually! The camera actually compensated and made the warm one more yellow and the cool a bit white but you get the general idea

IMG_5614 (resized).JPGIMG_5614 (resized).JPG
IMG_5689 (resized).JPGIMG_5689 (resized).JPG

#70 6 years ago

Thanks for posting those. Honestly I can't decide. I'm probably leaning just slightly to the cool side based on those pictures. How long did it take to swap the LEDs out? I only ask because I wasn't sure if there were any additional challenges with the CGC boards vs the Bally original.

#71 6 years ago

Swapping was easy, took half hour to do all 35. Definitely brightens up the game and makes the PF art pop nicely.

Just keep in mind they are using a proprietary bulb mount so you need to order the game specific ones from nifty LED.

#72 6 years ago

Wonder why they went with a non standard led? Limits options in my opinion.

#73 6 years ago

These look pretty easy to swap and are currently offered in warm or cool white. NiftyLED said that if there is demand additional colors can also be offered.

20170710_084557 (resized).jpg20170710_084557 (resized).jpg

20170710_085956 (resized).jpg20170710_085956 (resized).jpg

20170710_084638 (resized).jpg20170710_084638 (resized).jpg

20170710_084619 (resized).jpg20170710_084619 (resized).jpg

#74 6 years ago

Definately like the cool better. Now only if my LE would ship. I could give these new bulbs a home.

#75 6 years ago

While at Pintastic this weekend I created my Under-cab kit for AFMR. It works as it did on the original kit I did. Here is a video to give you an idea. Now the AFMR kit is build differently than the AFM kit but the interactions displayed are the same. So don't order a AFM kit and put it on a AFMR, it will not work.

Thanks
Chris
www.rockcustompinball.com

#76 6 years ago

I am drooling over AFMr after getting a bunch of plays at Pintastic. This machine seems to suit my preferences perfectly - just a joy to play.

Looking at the options, I prefer the LE package in black, but have no need or ceiling height for the topper. Looking at the SE, the stainless options should be fine, but the slightly watered down lighting/saucers give me pause. Side mirrors a non-issue. The longer warranty period is a nice bump in the LE package.

1. I suppose I could sell the LE topper to some willing SE owner

2. Any thoughts if an aftermarket small saucer mod is a reasonable possibility?

Thanks!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I am drooling over AFMr after getting a bunch of plays at Pintastic. This machine seems to suit my preferences perfectly - just a joy to play.
Looking at the options, I prefer the LE package in black, but have no need or ceiling height for the topper. Looking at the SE, the stainless options should be fine, but the slightly watered down lighting/saucers give me pause. Side mirrors a non-issue. The longer warranty period is a nice bump in the LE package.
Thanks!

I would go with the LE as it has the saucer light show and extended warranty that you prefer. You should have NO PROBLEM selling your topper in my opinion. Either option is great but the LE sounds like it's calling your name.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Thanks!

If you end up ordering an LE and want to sell the topper PM me I will buy it from you

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

If you end up ordering an LE and want to sell the topper PM me I will buy it from you

I was just going to say.
I bet that topper is already sold.
Lol

#80 6 years ago

How much effect is lost by the SE not having upgraded small saucer lights?

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How much effect is lost by the SE not having upgraded small saucer lights?

I have an SE and personally don't see that it would make a huge difference. The lighting and sound package is already awesome. I think some places still have SE's in stock.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I have an SE and personally don't see that it would make a huge difference. The lighting and sound package is already awesome. I think some places still have SE's in stock.

As tempting as an SE is now, we are staying the course on the LE.

#83 6 years ago

The saucer lights were the one thing I really dug on the LE. Wasn't worth the $700 for me... but definitely hoping they become available as an add-on purchase in the future because they do look super sweet

#84 6 years ago

The saucer lights were the one thing I really dug on the LE. Wasn't worth the $700 for me... but definitely hoping they become available as an add-on purchase in the future because they do look super sweet

Gahhh, squarely on the fence now, LE vs SE! The $$ differential is pulling me to SE at the moment.

I imagine someone will come up with an AFMr saucer mod, right?

#85 6 years ago

I also do not believe that the topper will clear the ceiling in my basement where my LE will be going. But I figure that I can either remove a ceiling tile or fabricate a different alien to mount up there if so motivated. From what I've seen, not only is there an alien up there, there are also a series of rgb leds that surround it. Worst case, I keep everything.

I haven't seen the LE mini saucers in action but I am led to believe that the LEDs that are part of them are keyed to color changes to interact with different goals. The SE mini saucers do not do that. Also, the LE includes mirror blades (sort of wish there was an option to do the electroluminescent blades that some outside company is making but I sure that is cost prohibitive)

And I really like the lime green powder coat. Has that "tackiness" that fits with the whole game.

I have no idea when mine will go into the truck to head my way. But I'm not worried.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Gahhh, squarely on the fence now, LE vs SE! The $$ differential is pulling me to SE at the moment.
I imagine someone will come up with an AFMr saucer mod, right?

...and then back to LE. Those damn LE gameplay videos really highlight the small saucer action!

#87 6 years ago

When I started to consider getting one I was thinking SE as well. Then I watched a few vids of the LE at shows and just bit the bullet and went LE.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

The $$ differential is pulling me

More money for the LE. But you also get the saucer LED upgrade, side mirrors, choice of green, black, or stainless trim, the topper with two saucers, light show, and big martian hopping up and down, and double the warranty of the SE.

Each step up costs more from the classic to the special edition to the limited edition. But they just aren't raising the price. You get more for your money.

Which ever version you decide on. You'll be happy. They really knocked this one out of the park.

LTG : )

#89 6 years ago

Thanks, Lloyd. Agreed on all points. Back on the LE side of the fence.

I can't use the topper in my basement, so I suppose I could consider that saved $$, assuming I can sell it...and seems like that should not be a problem. I wonder what the market will bear? $10K?

Inches from pulling the trigger. Gameplay at Pintastic was the clincher for me.

#90 6 years ago

LE trigger pulled! Got from my local distro - Automated Services. Will be picking up ~end of the month-ish. It was MikeD's game that I played & played at Pintastic.

Yay!

#91 6 years ago

The LE was the clear choice for me. I don't really care about the topper, but the lights in the mini saucers and the green powder coat were things I definitely wanted. That together with the longer warranty made it worth the extra to me.

It may be better to just store the topper if it doesn't fit in your basement (or mount it on a shelf or something). If I was going to buy a used LE down the road, I think I would prefer one with the topper that came with it.

Now I will go back to waiting for the email to submit final payment...

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

LE trigger pulled! Got from my local distro - Automated Services. Will be picking up ~end of the month-ish. It was MikeD's game that I played & played at Pintastic.
Yay!

Wow, that is fast for ordering now. My estimate is August to early September, and I ordered it a month ago.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

Wow, that is fast for ordering now. My estimate is August to early September, and I ordered it a month ago.

Arriving early Aug, maybe 1wk sooner.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Yay!

Wow...I agree that is VERY fast turnaround time from ordering to receiving your LE. I preordered on March 25th and I was told I'm on the second batch of LEs (2/3 the way down on my distro list and after CGC puts MMr on the line for a run of 250 games). So if someone orders an LE from AS right now they are likely to get their pin this month or first week August? That's incredible.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Wow...I agree that is VERY fast turnaround time from ordering to receiving your LE. I preordered on March 25th and I was told I'm on the second batch of LEs (2/3 the way down on my distro list and after CGC puts MMr on the line for a run of 250 games). So if someone orders an LE from AS right now they are likely to get their pin this month or first week August? That's incredible.

His distributor likely had one on the way already that was by spoken for. That's my guess anyways. Considering Stern is just offering a plaque for the $1000 more on an LE I can't see how anyone can think the LE isn't adding some nice value here. Well done! My LE should be at more door in 2 week ish

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from PhantomHacker:

I have the same problem on mine, I just opened a support case CGC

It took me a few days to open a case for mine, but once I did that they were very responsive and a new pair of return lane plastics are on their way to me. Nice!

#97 6 years ago

Sorry, reposting into this, the intended thread:

Small request: Does anyone have the AFMr carton & cabinet dimensions?

Last drive down to Automated Services to pick up my GoT left me disappointed as the carton was not close to fitting into my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. We had to unbox the thing in the parking lot on a snowy and slushy morning! Even then, the unboxed GoT just barely slid-in nose first, displacing the plastic molding around the lift gate opening ever so slightly at the corners of the backbox. Whew!

I think my wife's 2004 Jeep has a taller opening, but I have no clue the carton or cabinet dimensions. I'm guessing they are similar to Stern's, but not sure with Chicago Gaming's carton.

Any help on dimensions?

/Edit:/ As WackyBrakke already noted in the other thread, doubtful the carton will fit in the 2004 Jeep GC either; but, who knows?

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

they were very responsive and a new pair of return lane plastics are on their way to me. Nice!

I had the same experience with them, very impressed so far.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

It's a couple inches bigger than a Stern box. I couldn't get it in my front door, I had to run around the building to the back door. I didn't measure but it's at least 34 inches.

LTG : )

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Sorry, reposting into this, the intended thread:

Rounded up to the nearest 1/4" ... After you pull the carton off the shipping pallet 30.5" x 31.25" x 56.5"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (OBO)
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/2?hl=deadpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.