pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 212.
#1351 6 years ago

We will be doing a live unboxing on our Twitch channel soon. Probably about 20 or 30 min from now.
Twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

Stop in and chat about all of our mistakes

DC8F8B79-FB8E-4D65-A5F2-40FF1DA05BEC (resized).jpegDC8F8B79-FB8E-4D65-A5F2-40FF1DA05BEC (resized).jpeg

#1352 6 years ago

I'm now the 2nd proud owner of a AFMr classic. It's amazing how nice these are! I haven't had one in my collection in almost 10 years

#1353 6 years ago

Got my AFMRLE today. #526 was worth the wait. Game is utterly amazing.

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

What Flipper strength are most using?
I remember reading that most are to strong out of the gate.

I'm currently at -8. Had better scores at -4, but also had more airballs. Even at -8 the ball still jumps sometimes when I hit the green targets in front of the ship.

#1355 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm currently at -8. Had better scores at -4, but also had more airballs. Even at -8 the ball still jumps sometimes when I hit the green targets in front of the ship.

Thanks.
Going to have to open a support ticket.
If you watch our live unboxing video you will notice that we did not get green legs for our game.
Also no manual either.
Other then that the game was well packed and in great shape.

Here is a photo of the game set up. Can't see the legs though, but they are chrome color.

IMG_5013 (resized).JPGIMG_5013 (resized).JPG

#1356 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

wow, i've been running the default, but obviously air balls and ricochet of death from shooting the saucer

#1357 6 years ago

I have mine at -10 I believe. Really reduced the airballs (still the occasional one though), and there is still enough power to rocket the ball around the playfield.

#1358 6 years ago

So I have added two alien Commanders to my game. The one on the left is red and the one on the right is blue. The game design was very accomadating to install them. There is a vacant mounting post on the left by the return scoop. That is where I mounted the red Commander. There is a predrilled hole beside the plastic ramp on the right to mount another mounting post for the blue Commander. I plan to light up the eyes with a fk109 2 blinker led board that fits two led circuits. I did this with two aliens on my Cactus Canyon I will post with pics when im done.

5804BF2C-8EE7-48AC-A6FF-84F66338D690 (resized).jpeg5804BF2C-8EE7-48AC-A6FF-84F66338D690 (resized).jpeg

#1359 6 years ago

Here are the parts.

EE4E1D70-4FDD-4A30-B16D-8A166CDC1F11 (resized).jpegEE4E1D70-4FDD-4A30-B16D-8A166CDC1F11 (resized).jpeg

#1360 6 years ago

Anyone toyed with the idea to change-up the left scoop chute from it's current matte black to something else?

The "Powder Coating Thread" has me thinking. Chrome, red, metal flake...endless combinations.

I do wonder about durability of any non-paint finish as this is a high impact (albeit internally) area.

#1361 6 years ago

I always thought it was blacked out to be less visible

#1362 6 years ago

Just made my final payment last night. Hopefully I’ll be bashing aliens and saving the world in a couple of weeks.

#1363 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Anyone toyed with the idea to change-up the left scoop chute from it's current matte black to something else?
The "Powder Coating Thread" has me thinking. Chrome, red, metal flake...endless combinations.
I do wonder about durability of any non-paint finish as this is a high impact (albeit internally) area.

Doing the outside of the chute is no problem. I wouldn't do the inside and i do alot alot of coating

#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

wow, i've been running the default, but obviously air balls and ricochet of death from shooting the saucer

So i dropped to -4 last night and played a couple games. It does seem smoother. Very interesting, will have to keep playing and trying different settings.

#1365 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How do you adjust the flipper strength? I'm not seeing it

#1366 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

How do you adjust the flipper strength? I'm not seeing it

Hold down the green button until the CGC menu shows up.
Then press the green button a couple of times until you get to the screen with Flipper Strength.
Press the black button once to activate then use the red buttons to raise and lower.
When done just keep pressing the green button until it exits.

#1367 6 years ago

Just played one quick game to break up my afternoon, and man is this game awesome!!!

#1368 6 years ago

Seems like a lot of my shots that enter the left orbit rattle immediately and drop back down, I'd imagine any that enter should go smoothly, is the shot just tougher to line up than I remember or is anyone else experiencing that?

#1369 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Seems like a lot of my shots that enter the left orbit rattle immediately and drop back down, I'd imagine any that enter should go smoothly, is the shot just tougher to line up than I remember or is anyone else experiencing that?

It can be a tight shot.
Adjust the flipper power down a bit. Im at -2 right now and can repeat the left or right loop when its open several times.
Its incredibly fast after the third loop!

#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It can be a tight shot.
Adjust the flipper power down a bit. Im at -2 right now and can repeat the left or right loop when its open several times.
Its incredibly fast after the third loop!

Yeah I switched them to -4 and the game feels a loooot smoother now. That default flipper strength is like firing the ball out of a cannon, every single shot up the lock ramp was flying off either into the gutter or into the shooter lane.

#1371 6 years ago

We settled on the -8 for our flippers.
Plays great and plenty of room to bump them up as needed

#1372 6 years ago

Still waiting on my (very recently placed) pre-order on an LE but can't help getting anxious. Anyone have an idea how quickly these are being put out by CGC? I figure I am probably not getting mine till Jan but have hopes it will be sooner.

#1373 6 years ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Still waiting on my (very recently placed) pre-order on an LE but can't help getting anxious. Anyone have an idea how quickly these are being put out by CGC? I figure I am probably not getting mine till Jan but have hopes it will be sooner.

It's gonna be awhile for you Most of us that just are getting them were from April/May non-matched LE's. All matched LE's should be out.

I believe they hope to have all of them built before end of year though I think Doug had stated. If you just ordered now and get it within a couple months, that's alot shorter than most of us waited!!!

#1374 6 years ago

Hey Look my matians have the power to grab the ball!

(Pic taken through the glass)

48460170-FF13-4961-9EBF-05420F8955C3 (resized).jpeg48460170-FF13-4961-9EBF-05420F8955C3 (resized).jpeg

#1375 6 years ago

Martian Basketball anyone!

#1376 6 years ago

My turn for the flipper return spring to break.

F1B8468F-A7F1-4F50-904C-3092E1A67454 (resized).jpegF1B8468F-A7F1-4F50-904C-3092E1A67454 (resized).jpeg

#1377 6 years ago

Played an original years ago and never got into it ,lighting was dull yada yada yada

Just played at marvelous MARVINs it was the LE and I was floored and the lighting ,call outs and sound was excellent

It is a gorgeous game and thinking about getting one in future

#1378 6 years ago

Tomorrow morning I'm picking up.

Can't wait!!!

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Easy fix. Bend last loop over and make a new one.

What I suspect on flipper and drop target springs, is the holes they are riding in, have a sharper edge to them, then in past years. Spring gets scored and snaps at that point.

LTG : )

broke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPG
fix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPG

goodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG

#1380 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Scott, too funny. I had the same issue earlier this week, right flipper. Did Lloyd's fix. Easy.

#1381 6 years ago

LE 550 In the house!

#1382 6 years ago

How many LEs? It states 500 in the promo material

#1383 6 years ago

I thought it was 1000.

#1384 6 years ago

1000 LEs.

#1385 6 years ago

I’m getting prepared for my AFMR to arrive here in Australia - hopefully before Christmas?! From everyone’s experience who already have theirs, to minimise wear and tear, can I ask what are the protectors I should consider installing?

#1386 6 years ago
Quoted from Yaklam:

’m getting prepared for my AFMR to arrive here in Australia - hopefully before Christmas?! From everyone’s experience who already have theirs, to minimise wear and tear, can I ask what are the protectors I should consider installing?

Cliffy has a complete kit that offers total protection for SOL Mother ship targets and lock. Think he also has a drain hole gard as well

#1387 6 years ago

Thanks Mark and Loyd I did just that. I am interested in your cause Loyd. Should I clean those holes up with a drill bit?

#1388 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Should I clean those holes up with a drill bit?

I wouldn't. Maybe a reamer. The spring steel is harder and in time will make the holes smooth. Easier to fix a spring or two and let nature run it's course.

LTG : )

#1389 6 years ago

Ok got it. Thanks

#1390 6 years ago

Just got my AFMrLE this afternoon.
Love the look of it, not really enjoying the way it plays, the way I have it set-up.
It will take some getting used to, since it's different from all the previous Sterns that I've had but I expect there's much more to it than that, and I could use some opinions...

I was watching one of Bowen's PAPA videos, and would love to get my new machine playing like that one.

Not sure if it's just a matter of logging about 400 hundred games onto this one, just to wear it in a little? The ball definitely blazes around the playfield at a breakneck speed. (I've lowered my flipper strength to -7)
I've also maxed the plunger strength. While it does often make it around the orbit for a super-skill shot now, (it rarely made it around at stock setting) it's not aligned well when exiting the shooter lane, and rattles around big time before making its way to the jet bumper area. Something there probably needs some adjusting. Not sure where to start.
I also noticed the left orbit is equally tough to make. It's not at all smooth, and needs some help as well.

Could be that the playfield isnt even well levelled to be honest. I used a torpedo level, and then an Ipad clinometer for accuracy -I had to lengthen the front legs over half their max height to hit 6.5%, (which is really odd compared to all other games I have owned, since usually I would increase the back legs only a little, to get a pin to 6.5%) and even then, the levelling bubble is way at the bottom, which I would expect indicates that the game is shallow, and should be much steeper.

So, hoping that some of you who may have experienced the same initial feel can share what you've tweaked to improve the flow on this game?
Thanks for any help you can provide!

(If any of you could take a photo of your level bubble, and tell me what flipper strength you're using, that might be a great place for me to get started)

#1391 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Love the look of it, not really enjoying the way it plays, the way I have it set-up.
It will take some getting used to, since it's different from all the previous Sterns that I've had but I expect there's much more to it than that, and I could use some opinions...
I was watching one of Bowen's PAPA videos, and would love to get my new machine playing like that one.
» YouTube video
Not sure if it's just a matter of logging about 400 hundred games onto this one, just to wear it in a little? The ball definitely blazes around the playfield at a breakneck speed. (I've lowered my flipper strength to -7)
I've also maxed the plunger strength. While it does often make it around the orbit for a super-skill shot now, (it rarely made it around at stock setting) it's not aligned well when exiting the shooter lane, and rattles around big time before making its way to the jet bumper area. Something there probably needs some adjusting. Not sure where to start.
I also noticed the left orbit is equally tough to make. It's not at all smooth, and needs some help as well.
Could be that the playfield isnt even well levelled to be honest. I used a torpedo level, and then an Ipad clinometer for accuracy -I had to lengthen the front legs over half their max height to hit 6.5%, (which is really odd compared to all other games I have owned, since usually I would increase the back legs only a little, to get a pin to 6.5%) and even then, the levelling bubble is way at the bottom, which I would expect indicates that the game is shallow, and should be much steeper.
So, hoping that some of you who may have experienced the same initial feel can share what you've tweaked to improve the flow on this game?
(If any of you could take a photo of your level bubble, and tell me what flipper strength you're using, that might be a great place for me to get started)

I have had similar problems. I am hearing to lower pitch a little and lower flipper power. My left orbit very rarely makes it around cleanly. Usually rattles around and sometimes barely dribbles into the pops.

#1392 6 years ago

If a shot is going to get rejected on our game it is the Lock shot, not the left orbit.
But even they are fairly rare.

#1393 6 years ago
Quoted from Yaklam:

I’m getting prepared for my AFMR to arrive here in Australia - hopefully before Christmas?! From everyone’s experience who already have theirs, to minimise wear and tear, can I ask what are the protectors I should consider installing?

Talk to Cliffy. Get the AFMr kit he has.

#1394 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So I have added two alien Commanders to my game. The one on the left is red and the one on the right is blue.

Where do they come from?

#1395 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Cliffy has a complete kit that offers total protection for SOL Mother ship targets and lock. Think he also has a drain hole gard as well

My LE is arriving on thursday.Super excited
Just a question:Isn't there already installed some protectors from CGC ?
Thought i read that somewhere

#1396 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Talk to Cliffy. Get the AFMr kit he has.

And don't forget to ask him to include the lock hole protector. You'll thank me later

#1397 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

» YouTube video

Sorry to hear about your issues. I have an AFMr on order and look forward to comparing how it plays with my HEP AFM original (

).

snaroff

#1398 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Where do they come from?

I picked these two up on Ebay. You can also get the board kit there.

#1399 6 years ago

My game came from the factory with a mantis type protector in the sol hole. Is more protection there really needed?

#1400 6 years ago

Anyone that has an AFMR on order or just received should read this ENTIRE thread and take notes. This thread has a lot of intricate and specific info on the game (From owners) and how to set it up to play correctly. Also specific issues that need correction and adjustment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

5,400 (OBO)
$ 79.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/28?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.