pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 212.
#1301 6 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

AFMr SE with PinStadium...blowing the saucer up just got a lot more fun!
Video of UV+Glow flashers tied into the saucer dome...
» YouTube video

I must say, they look great on this title based on your video. Can't quite get wrapped around the whole "LEDS around the playfield" thing yet, but very impressive in this case.....

#1302 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Congrats, and yes, absolutely get Cliffy's. Be sure to ask him for the new lock hole protector too. Tell him Damien sent you

Thank you Damien!!

#1303 6 years ago

Hi Everybody. Hey, my wife bought me the PinGraffix power blades for my AFMr SE as a birthday present. I got them on Friday and tried to install them today. The blades were easy to put in, but the power supply that came with the blades will not power up. I have the wires correct (kind of hard to screw this one up) but no dice. I double checked the connections with my Fluke to ensure the contacts were touching. I contacted PinGraffix and the reply was to switch the wires in case they were "mislabeled." The color code was correct, but I tried the suggestion anyway and again, no luck. Has anyone else bought the power blades for AFM and if so any issues? I can't see how I could have missed a step. It was pretty plug and play. Suspecting faulty power supply. Sort of bummed because I blew my afternoon trying to get this to work.

#1304 6 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

PinGraffix power blades for my AFM as a birthday present.

You posted this in the AFMR ( remake thread )

Do you have an AFM or AFMR ? If AFM, maybe try making a new topic type post. Connectors may be different for both games.

LTG : )

#1305 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You posted this in the AFMR ( remake thread )
Do you have an AFM or AFMR ? If AFM, maybe try making a new topic type post. Connectors may be different for both games.

AFMr SE

#1306 6 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hi Everybody. Hey, my wife bought me the PinGraffix power blades for my AFMr SE as a birthday present. I got them on Friday and tried to install them today. The blades were easy to put in, but the power supply that came with the blades will not power up. I have the wires correct (kind of hard to screw this one up) but no dice. I double checked the connections with my Fluke to ensure the contacts were touching. I contacted PinGraffix and the reply was to switch the wires in case they were "mislabeled." The color code was correct, but I tried the suggestion anyway and again, no luck. Has anyone else bought the power blades for AFM and if so any issues? I can't see how I could have missed a step. It was pretty plug and play. Suspecting faulty power supply. Sort of bummed because I blew my afternoon trying to get this to work.

Make sure you got the right hookups.

pingraffix (resized).pngpingraffix (resized).png

#1307 6 years ago

Big new addition to my lineup.

AFMRSE serial 1001. To my understanding se was first on production so this should technically be the very first afmr off the line.

Also some beauty mirrored pinblades from pingraffix

20171125_001646 (resized).jpg20171125_001646 (resized).jpg

20171124_233739 (resized).jpg20171124_233739 (resized).jpg

20171125_001658 (resized).jpg20171125_001658 (resized).jpg

20171124_214626 (resized).jpg20171124_214626 (resized).jpg

20171124_214632 (resized).jpg20171124_214632 (resized).jpg

#1308 6 years ago

Doing a little research on these remakes. Heard from 1 owner that there's been some chipping at the drain area, as well as the ball lock area.
Anyone else experiencing this already? Sounds as though it's the edges that are the problem, and easily solved with a couple Cliffys.
Is this common, or a one off?

#1309 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Doing a little research on these remakes. Heard from 1 owner that there's been some chipping at the drain area, as well as the ball lock area.
Anyone else experiencing this already? Sounds as though it's the edges that are the problem, and easily solved with a couple Cliffys.
Is this common, or a one off?

It's from balls draining off the playfield. Mylar across it or if Cliffy makes one use it.

Can happen on originals or remakes.

#1310 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's from balls draining off the playfield. Mylar across it or if Cliffy makes one use it.
Can happen on originals or remakes.

LTG can you help us understand how present day CC differs from what they were using in the 90s. From my understanding, environmental standards forced manufacturers to use products that were less durable, and thus, some of the issues people report from pretty much all.manufacturers these days regarding chipping. Not saying all games do this, but having a game with less than 100 plays where the edges of some holes are actually peeling off seems to be a bit of a concern.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Cheers

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

can you help us understand how present day CC differs from what they were using in the 90s.

I have no idea. I wasn't using it back then, and not using it now. ( spraying/applying it )

Maybe some of the restorers can chime in ?

#1312 6 years ago

LE delivery tomorrow. Finally!

#1313 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Awesome What Number?

#1314 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Awesome What Number?

Don't know yet, will post pics.

#1315 6 years ago

Didn't read the entire thread so excuse me if this question is answered elsewhere.

It is my understanding that the graphic "Bally" under the display can be owner replaced with basically anything the owner desires as long as it fits a certain format. Has anybody done this and what I'm curious about is, does anybody know the name of the font that Bally used when they designed this "emblem"?

#1316 6 years ago

Yes! But no clue on font.

810ad12ce1221dfb0937b7087d2cbca78215fc24.png (resized).jpg810ad12ce1221dfb0937b7087d2cbca78215fc24.png (resized).jpg
d9640776773de0d4650ea26a9735a392cf4751a0.png (resized).jpgd9640776773de0d4650ea26a9735a392cf4751a0.png (resized).jpg

#1317 6 years ago

markp99 this is achieved by adding the file to a USB and then going into the settings and uploading it? where can someone obtain additional information on this please.

Thanks.

edit found this - Customized Logo Display – Both the LE and SE now allow the game owner to customize the logo appearing on the speaker panel. Games will ship with the Bally logo appearing in the small Customized Logo Display area. Details on file requirements and installation procedures to be included in the manual.

edit -

logo (resized).JPGlogo (resized).JPG

logo2 (resized).JPGlogo2 (resized).JPG

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have no idea. I wasn't using it back then, and not using it now. ( spraying/applying it )
Maybe some of the restorers can chime in ?

Does anyone have any info on what changes have been made to the clear coating in present day machines versus what was being used in the 90s.

I've seen countless posts where people have complained about brand new games showing signs up chipping almost right out of the box. This is not just AFM. I've recently seen posts on JJP games and others.

I have Cliffy's on my MMR and AFMR now, but I have to order two drain protectors as I was getting chipping on both sides. My AFMR has less than 200 plays.

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does anyone have any info on what changes have been made to the clear coating in present day machines versus what was being used in the 90s.
I've seen countless posts where people have complained about brand new games showing signs up chipping almost right out of the box. This is not just AFM. I've recently seen posts on JJP games and others.
I have Cliffy's on my MMR and AFMR now, but I have to order two drain protectors as I was getting chipping on both sides. My AFMR has less than 200 plays.

Unfortunately its just how it is with the new thick clearcoat used now.

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ours should have been delivered days ago.
Been sitting in Amarillo and Dallas for ever.
SAIA is the slowest trucking company I have seen.

#1321 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

This is good info. Noted!

#1322 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

sti isn't any better!

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

markp99 this is achieved by adding the file to a USB and then going into the settings and uploading it? where can someone obtain additional information on this please.
Thanks.
edit found this - Customized Logo Display – Both the LE and SE now allow the game owner to customize the logo appearing on the speaker panel. Games will ship with the Bally logo appearing in the small Customized Logo Display area. Details on file requirements and installation procedures to be included in the manual.
edit -

extendo, I made the image 320 x 80 as specified, but I did notice the speaker panel bezel did obscure a couple rows of pixels of the image at the top and bottom edges. I shrunk my image down within the 320 x 80 frame just a bit to accommodate.

#1324 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

extendo, I made the image 320 x 80 as specified, but I did notice the speaker panel bezel did obscure a couple rows of pixels of the image at the top and bottom edges. I shrunk my image down within the 320 x 80 frame just a bit to accommodate.

Thanks for post this Mark. I want to play around with this some. Just another cool thing about these remake games!

#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Yup I had the same problem, I am waiting for them to give me a solution but it sounds like the PSUs are defective. My advice is to hold off buying any powerblades for AFMr until this issue gets resolved. I will keep you guys posted when I get a response.

#1326 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That sucks! Well I’m waiting on R&L right now. Last one they delivered had a pallet jack hole straight through the box and bottom of the pin. Knock on wood!

How the heck did it have to go through Amarillo?

#1327 6 years ago

Got the call this afternoon. LE shipping Friday, delivery next week.

#1328 6 years ago

Silly question - How are the Solenoid Tests supposed to work on AMFr?

From Menu, I select "T.4 Solenoid Test"

I can flip thru the various coils, but NO COILS actually fire, except 33 & 34 (Right & Left Gates). Is this typical; I kind of expected the coils to individually fire when selected?

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

#1329 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Silly question - How are the Solenoid Tests supposed to work on AMFr?
From Menu, I select "T.4 Solenoid Test"
I can flip thru the various coils, but NO COILS actually fire, except 33 & 34 (Right & Left Gates). Is this typical; I kind of expected the coils to individually fire when selected?
Am I missing something?
Thanks!

Need to pull high voltage door switch out....

#1330 6 years ago

What about a high power cut off near the coin door?

#1331 6 years ago

Ahh, that's it! Never would have looked there. (But I should have - the manual instructs exactly this task. - D'oh)

Thanks!

#1332 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That sucks! Well I’m waiting on R&L right now. Last one they delivered had a pallet jack hole straight through the box and bottom of the pin. Knock on wood!

Good question, but here is my tracking info so far.

3EF71664-DCF0-49E2-824D-5E2C9EB13E2B (resized).jpeg3EF71664-DCF0-49E2-824D-5E2C9EB13E2B (resized).jpeg

#1333 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can't imagine how *indirect* the route is from CGC to Australia... not a complaint - just stating that tracking an international container ship is excruciating...!

#1334 6 years ago

#533 reporting for battle soldier! Took me 4 games to knock off the default GC. I'm having the same issue that stdminstl and others reported by the way...majority of my launches rattle around and either drop into the right orbit or doesn't go all the way on the super skill plunge.

IMG_0815 (resized).JPGIMG_0815 (resized).JPG

IMG_0816 (resized).JPGIMG_0816 (resized).JPG

#1335 6 years ago

Just joined the club with #475 Martin Green LE arriving today. I am so glad I watched this forum over the last several months. It helped me decide to upgrade from an SE to the LE. I never thought I would enjoy a topper so much.

20A423E4-2FF3-4FB1-BD9D-E6D7CBCE2913 (resized).jpeg20A423E4-2FF3-4FB1-BD9D-E6D7CBCE2913 (resized).jpeg

#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Sorry, i thought this was settled, we had a discussion on the phone, sometimes we get bad ones, they are tested before they leave the studio.we are sending you a new power supply. Sorry for the inconvenience

#1337 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Yup I had the same problem, I am waiting for them to give me a solution but it sounds like the PSUs are defective. My advice is to hold off buying any powerblades for AFMr until this issue gets resolved. I will keep you guys posted when I get a response.

Somehow i missed your email , please send me another email to [email protected]
I will make sure you are taken care of properly

#1338 6 years ago

I want to let everyone on this thread know if you have an issue with any Pingraffix products please contact me at [email protected] Pingraffix will make it right.

#1339 6 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Somehow i missed your email , please send me another email to [email protected]
I will make sure you are taken care of properly

Thanks, joeraptor2003 got back to me last night and will be shipping me a new PSU. Do I still need to follow up with you as well?

#1340 6 years ago

Game finally arrived in town this morning.
#445 is in the back of our truck as I type
Can’t unbox till 8:00 tonight though.

#1341 6 years ago

AFMRLE #502 is in the house. This is one great game and maybe the best topper ever!!!

#1342 6 years ago

This game has the best extra ball callout/graphic of all time, no discussion, and the giant color dmd makes it even more glorious.

#1343 6 years ago

Question: I am getting a rattle from the bass when the volume is cranked up, the glass is rattling where it meets the backbox.....is something loose? If I press down on the rubber on the glass up there it gets substantially quieter.

#1344 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Question: I am getting a rattle from the bass when the volume is cranked up, the glass is rattling where it meets the backbox.....is something loose? If I press down on the rubber on the glass up there it gets substantially quieter.

Anti-rattle tape or a strip if thin cardboard in the slot seems to work.

#1345 6 years ago

Congrats Arcade, mine is #450

#1346 6 years ago

What Flipper strength are most using?
I remember reading that most are to strong out of the gate.

#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Anti-rattle tape or a strip if thin cardboard in the slot seems to work.

Anti-rattle tape absolutely works wonders.

#1348 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Thanks, joeraptor2003 got back to me last night and will be shipping me a new PSU. Do I still need to follow up with you as well?

Nope, just wanted to make sure all the Pingraffix customers were taken care of.

#1349 6 years ago

HI Guys
We have been busy in the Pingraffix Bunker and sorry I didn't get to this earlier.
Dennis..Thanks for posting up in here. .Just to clarify..We do perform a test here before we send them out.. And like any other electronic device..sometimes things happen. We work very closely with our customers to make sure if there are any issues..get up and running. Dennis is one of the best I have ever met in the business and helped me develop them so if anyone knows ..It's him.

All of our units have been through QA and all are good to go. No worries moving forward.

Best!
-JR

#1350 6 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

HI Guys
We have been busy in the Pingraffix Bunker and sorry I didn't get to this earlier.
Dennis..Thanks for posting up in here. .Just to clarify..We do perform a test here before we send them out.. And like any other electronic device..sometimes things happen. We work very closely with our customers to make sure if there are any issues..get up and running. Dennis is one of the best I have ever met in the business and helped me develop them so if anyone knows ..It's him.
All of our units have been through QA and all are good to go. No worries moving forward.
Best!
-JR

Remember that the horseshoe connectors needs to be a bit narrower to fit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/27?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.