pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 212.
#1151 6 years ago

I hope they do
big bang bar
Please , though anything they release seem to be worth getting

#1152 6 years ago

Any news on the newest run of LE games shipping?

#1153 6 years ago

Doug posted an update in the CGC Pinball Production Update thread 3 days ago. Synopsis: just about finished filling and sending international containers, US LEs to start shipping next week. Check with your dealer for status.

#1154 6 years ago

Received my LE #910 today (Europe 230v Version). Great game but got a litet shaded by the following findings:

No topper (!) Do not understand why this was not shipped, no information about this in advance...

Some cracks in some plastics (as seen in other posts)

Bracket for interlock in the coin door was reversed (ball eject, plunger, bumpers and more did not work). Game obviously did not work due to this. Easily fixed once we found the problem. Makes one wonder about the test process in the line though...

At least I can play now... thanks CGC/PPS for much faster than expected time from order to delivery. Looking forward to the next game. Issues in this thread has been reported to the distributor (Bertjan...)

#1155 6 years ago

I wonder if it might have become dislodged during shipping (Topper Box). My topper box was very loose due to the top of the game box caving in at the front.
The only thing that was holding the topper box on was a single nylon strap.

#1156 6 years ago

Hi everyone.

Just joined the "club." Awaiting on delivery. Honestly more excited about this than anything I have ever bought, much less a pin.

#1157 6 years ago

Just talked with Doug From CGC today at IAAPA.
We asked if they planned on doing an original theme someday.
He said it is already on the whiteboard
This company is on a roll!!!!

#1158 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Hi everyone.
Just joined the "club." Awaiting on delivery. Honestly more excited about this than anything I have ever bought, much less a pin.

Do you want to to put “Attack From Mars” on that Dracula spot?... I can help you with that just have to drive a couple of hours to St.Louis from Ontario, but I’ll be glad to...

#1159 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Just talked with Doug From CGC today at IAAPA.
We asked if they planned on doing an original theme someday.
He said it is already on the whiteboard
This company is on a roll!!!!

I figured this was coming. They would have to be crazy not to pursue that market. Stern will be fine but man they are going to have to step it up.

#1160 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Do you want to to put “Attack From Mars” on that Dracula spot?... I can help you with that just have to drive a couple of hours to St.Louis from Ontario, but I’ll be glad to...

Ha. I'll keep you in mind my friend. I would trade my wife before Dracula though. BSD is probably my favorite pre-AFM. An absolute blast to play and I still love the "WINDS!" call out for mist multi ball.

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from zoda:

Received my LE #910 today (Europe 230v Version). Great game but got a litet shaded by the following findings:
No topper (!) Do not understand why this was not shipped, no information about this in advance...
Bracket for interlock in the coin door was reversed (ball eject, plunger, bumpers and more did not work). Game obviously did not work due to this. Easily fixed once we found the problem. Makes one wonder about the test process in the line though...
At least I can play now... thanks CGC/PPS for much faster than expected time from order to delivery. Looking forward to the next game. Issues in this thread has been reported to the distributor (Bertjan...)

Wow that's a stark contrast from other people receiving. Must have taken a beating in transit to you over there.

#1162 6 years ago

Picked up my AFMr SE yesterday. Awesome game.

#1163 6 years ago

PinballSTAR has a few AFMR LE (Limited Editions) left to sell - I get feedback from customers others are sold out, but we have a few left in our allotment... If interested email Joe at [email protected].

Of course taking orders on AFMR Classics and AFMR Specials as well...

We also have 1 MMR Standard in stock left.

#1165 6 years ago

Finally finished under-cab lighting.

I zip-tied the RGB LED strip to 1" wide molding and then spot Velcro'd the molding to the underside of the cabinet. Interconnect wires are zip-tie-secured to the molding. Nice and neat, simple to remove.

Keying off the topper lights, vs the speaker lights. There's a bit more variation in topper lighting effects (fades, flashing, color switching) than the speakers. I think it looks good, but some of the effects are a bit bright!

#1166 6 years ago

That is bright! Gonna figure this out too, but I may have to add an easy reach on/off switch to disable if needed. And wow, you just barely got that topper in!

#1167 6 years ago

Yes, barely fit. I have the Martian dude disabled and in the full DOWN position to fit. Still looks great with the lighting effects.

The lighting is not so jarring with the basement lights on.

#1168 6 years ago

Hi Guys

This is my first post on pinside, so be gentle

3 days ago i got AFMre from Ministry of Pinball in Holland
All arrived in very nice condition, but when i started the game it just flashed quickly and the fuse of the room went out, and it looks like it did the same on the AFMre

Both the T5L was burnt
Now im about to replace the T5L, but i cant find any here in Sweden
I can only find T5A
See the pictures

So my question is - Are they the same?
i googled a bit, but got no clear info on this

Many Thanks

20171115_202702_resized (resized).jpg20171115_202702_resized (resized).jpg

20171115_203830_resized (resized).jpg20171115_203830_resized (resized).jpg

#1169 6 years ago

both are 5A the difference is one is a slow blow the other not. Should not be a problem.
Now the real problem is that the fuse blows, so there is somewhere shortage in the machine. If you blow your home fuse it will be in the 220V circuit, if you blow a machine fuse it can be anywhere. Look at the drawings of the system for resolution.

#1170 6 years ago

If you use a fast blow fuse it will blow again, slow blow allows the amperage to be exceeded but not for for a long time. I would get some proper ones on the way, but also contact the seller for assistance. They should even help with providing fuses. Since you never got a game out.

#1171 6 years ago

Got my call this morning for final payment, looks like my game is shipping monday and should have it tuesday. I will NOT be at work next week

#1172 6 years ago

Thanks for the reply PeterG & Fortytwo

Yeah, i did the exchange just now
But the fuse in the room goes right away when i tried to start it again
Sucks really
I guess ill conctat the seller again
Quite odd

#1173 6 years ago

Just got the call will be here next week also.Le green trim.From game room guys

#1174 6 years ago

I paid in full for mine last week. anxiously awaiting shipping info from my dealer!! I am very excited for this pin. was hoping to have it in time to enjoy it over the upcoming thanksgiving holiday... may be tight though... seeing others in the US getting theirs has me thinking it still may happen!

#1175 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Anyone get an intermittent weak right scoop eject?
It happens about once a game, most ejects hit the left flipper but theres always one thats weak which goes straight down the drain. Because its totally random its kind of frustrating. Setting is max in options for left and right scoop.

Just wanted to follow up on this. It turns out this came about by me reducing the flipper power too low. Even though the scoop power is independent in the menus, they are tied to flipper power in some way.

#1176 6 years ago

Got my final payment request from Game Exchange yesterday. Out of town of course so can’t get check till weekend.
Very excited though.

#1177 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Finally finished under-cab lighting

Looks good Mark!

#1178 6 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Howdy:

Hi Guys
This is my first post on pinside, so be gentle
3 days ago i got AFMre from Ministry of Pinball in Holland
All arrived in very nice condition, but when i started the game it just flashed quickly and the fuse of the room went out, and it looks like it did the same on the AFMre
Both the T5L was burnt
Now im about to replace the T5L, but i cant find any here in Sweden
I can only find T5A
See the pictures
So my question is - Are they the same?
i googled a bit, but got no clear info on this
Many Thanks

Sounds like something got messed up on the conversion. Hope you get this problem solved quickly.

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Sounds like something got messed up on the conversion. Hope you get this problem solved quickly.

Good call. I bet the voltage setup is wrong somewhere. Start from the wall tracing the issue. Look for shorts verify everything is correct. Hook up one thing at a time.

#1180 6 years ago

To all you afmr classic owners. How do you like your pin? I have an opportunity to purchase a pro well below new cost. Less than 150 games upgraded color dmd. Would love to hear your thoughts and throw in feelings on a huo tspp. Looking for a game with alot of meat on its bones for my collection

#1181 6 years ago

Ozzy, sorry I would like to respond but I have a severe Martian problem. They are everywhere and I'm trying to defeat them.

If you get one you'll know what I mean.

#1182 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Ozzy, sorry I would like to respond but I have a severe Martian problem. They are everywhere and I'm trying to defeat them.
If you get one you'll know what I mean.

I'll be battling martians by Wednesday of next week too!

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

To all you afmr classic owners. How do you like your pin? I have an opportunity to purchase a pro well below new cost. Less than 150 games upgraded color dmd. Would love to hear your thoughts and throw in feelings on a huo tspp. Looking for a game with alot of meat on its bones for my collection

I am saving France and Italy at the moment..

#1184 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Got my call this morning for final payment, looks like my game is shipping monday and should have it tuesday. I will NOT be at work next week

*heavy breathing* This has me hoping that I get a call on Monday or Tuesday and I can get it here before Thanksgiving.

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

There is no pro. Special edition had the upgraded screen size. LE’s are sold out so you won’t be able to find one of those.

Details are all on the CGC site on the differences.

#1186 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

There is no pro. Special edition had the upgraded screen size.

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm.php

Three models. Classic Edition, Special Edition, Limited Edition.

Maybe he meant Classic Edition when he posted pro ?

LTG : )

#1187 6 years ago
Quoted from zoda:

Unbelievable... the topper form #AFMRLE was never sent(!), and seller did not inform me about this advance. Made me harass shipping firms in Sweden and the Netherlands, crying wolf.... Took him 3 days to respond on this matter. Now looking forward to add the topper once it arrives. For those still waiting for LE shipments, make sure you get two packages on the pallet as shown in provided (reused) image.

Questions to fellow AFMR Pinsiders with the various plastics with cracks in paintings, did you report this directly to CGI/PPS? What was the response about that (this thread has far to many posts to find previous answers in...) ?

afmrcracks (resized).pngafmrcracks (resized).png

afmrbox.pngafmrbox.png

#1188 6 years ago
Quoted from Ozzy:

both great games - a hard choice !

Neil.

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from zoda:

Questions to fellow AFMR Pinsiders with the various plastics with cracks in paintings, did you report this directly to CGI/PPS? What was the response about that (this thread has far to many posts to find previous answers in...) ?

Contact (email) CGC support. They sent out new plastics. Very easy to deal with.

#1190 6 years ago

Excellent game, really happy with the classic. Owned a mint low play HUO TSPP and much prefer AFMr.

#1191 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Contact (email) CGC support. They sent out new plastics. Very easy to deal with.

Same for me. Easy, painless replacement.

A second issue (controller board), was resolved quickly. There was no resistance to help, responses were fast. Their troubleshooting of the issue was logical and resolved the issue with a replacement promptly sent out.

I can imagine if you are outside the US the process might take longer (shipping, etc.), but I have no doubt CGC will work diligently with you to make it right.

#1192 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

both great games - a hard choice !
Neil.

Ozzy I wasn't a classic owner but I've played a ton of games on classic, figured I'd throw my two cents in. I even got to play both of them side by side at the Chicago Expo. They feel identical in terms of their play, the remake just looks a lot prettier...and the extra large color screen is something else(not on the version you are looking at of course).

#1193 6 years ago

Thanks for all the input , and yes I meant classic . Thanks for pointing that out. Does it change game play calling it a pro?

#1194 6 years ago

Had the opportunity to play an SE last night and it is a great playing beautiful game. That huge display is AWESOME!

#1195 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Had the opportunity to play an SE last night and it is a great playing beautiful game. That huge display is AWESOME!

I ran into an SE the other day as well. I am so excited for mine to arrive. It looked so much better in person than I thought it would. That large display makes all the difference in he world. Its beautiful.

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Ok, thanks will do that next week, most of the plastics seems to have this "problem". Game plays fantastic tough! It's a pure adrenaline-rush playing

#1197 6 years ago

Has someone got the dimensions of the box please?

#1198 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Has someone got the dimensions of the box please?

About 32" by 32" by 57"

LTG : )

#1199 6 years ago

How are people liking the classics and SEs? Obviously LE owners love theirs, please provide some more owner feedback too -thx!

#1200 6 years ago

Anybody know if the 3D translights work on the remake?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.