pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 212.
#1101 6 years ago

Interesting on the leveling idea. I've played hundreds of games without scoop sending it down the middle. Then it did it twice in one game recently. Now that you mentioned the leveling I recall I recently added a cupholder. Bet that is it.

#1102 6 years ago

I think your Beer cup is too big!

#1103 6 years ago

I like those cupholders but I'm too nervous to have any fluids around my machines....how bad is a spilled beer on a pinball machine exactly? Are they sealed to where the liquid isn't going to get under the glass easily?

#1104 6 years ago

Y yes that's why you have a Beer Seal under the lockbar to keep that Big Gulp cup a Beer from runin down into your game shorting out and starting a fire and burnin down your house then spreading to the neighbor's house and to gas station on the corner. Then after the detonation and flattening the bowling alley where that MM that you really like playing will wasted in the street.... and all because of that missing beer seal!

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Anyone get an intermittent weak right scoop eject?
It happens about once a game, most ejects hit the left flipper but theres always one thats weak which goes straight down the drain. Because its totally random its kind of frustrating. Setting is max in options for left and right scoop.

Yes, I have the same results occasionally.

Robert

#1106 6 years ago

Are there nylon leg/bolt protectors provided? Guessing not. Just wondering if I should buy some before mine arrives in a few weeks.

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Are there nylon leg/bolt protectors provided? Guessing not. Just wondering if I should buy some before mine arrives in a few weeks.

None included. Wish I had thought about that too before mine arrived

#1108 6 years ago

Bunnings it is !

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Good call, I’d better order some too.

#1110 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Bunnings it is !

Can you get these at bunnings ??

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

Can you get these at bunnings ??

Sure can or any hardware.

1510226050606486455266080906951 (resized).jpg1510226050606486455266080906951 (resized).jpg

#1112 6 years ago

I’m obsessed with this game... I thought those were a pack of Saucers

FD335E67-A65F-4F5A-B4A4-98C13BF9D8A7 (resized).jpegFD335E67-A65F-4F5A-B4A4-98C13BF9D8A7 (resized).jpeg

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Sure can or any hardware.

Hi-ho, hi-ho... thanks Con.

#1114 6 years ago

Ace Hardware has the ones you want. Ask for extra thick nylon washers. The only have white.

#1115 6 years ago

Installed they look like this

BCDDB883-CF2F-4EE5-8F7E-CCEA55FA9D14 (resized).jpegBCDDB883-CF2F-4EE5-8F7E-CCEA55FA9D14 (resized).jpeg

#1116 6 years ago

IMG_5476 (resized).JPGIMG_5476 (resized).JPG

IMG_5479 (resized).JPGIMG_5479 (resized).JPG

IMG_5477 (resized).JPGIMG_5477 (resized).JPG

IMG_5480 (resized).JPGIMG_5480 (resized).JPG

#1117 6 years ago

While playin' the video mode om my AFMrLE today, one of the saucers (about the 12th one to come down) was replaced with a the image of a giant #3. It was much larger than the saucers (almost the height of the dmd) and scrolled down just like a saucer but shooting it did nothing. What is this "3" all about?

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Ace Hardware has the ones you want. Ask for extra thick nylon washers. The only have white.

What about soaking the washers in dye? May be able to get them green or something.

#1119 6 years ago

Since they are plastic you can paint them. Black, Green ect... I would just paint the area seen not compressed once they are installed.

#1120 6 years ago

Noticed some chipping on the edge of my lock hole very early on, so I got in touch with Cliffy about putting one together since it wasn't available in his AFM set.

After a couple of tests, we've got it fitting! If you're planning to order a set of Cliffy's for your AFM (which you absolutely should!) then I'd highly suggest having him add this piece.

IMG_20171110_135111 (resized).jpgIMG_20171110_135111 (resized).jpg

#1121 6 years ago

how many plays on your game?

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

how many plays on your game?

Probably about 200, but I noticed it when I was at about 100 games. Just a small chip on the edge, but it started to open up a bit and it only would have gotten worse with time. With the protector on it, I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

#1123 6 years ago

300+ plays here, small chip midway up on the right edge of the SOL hole (~3/8" diameter). The edge of the Mantis protector is actually dinged/bent right at that spot. Must have been one of those crazy airballs!

I put a small patch of Mylar over the chip and full right edge of the SOL hole hoping for a small measure of padding and protection. No chips anywhere else as far as I can tell.

#1124 6 years ago

Thanks guys. I have been monitoring mine pretty close and nothing so far. Im in for about 300 plays now.

#1125 6 years ago

Is there any way to disable the end of game match feature? My "just one more game" vibe is interrupted by this silly feature on a HUO environment. It's slowing me down...

I poked around settings, did not see anything.

Did I miss something?

#1126 6 years ago

Any le’s still available?

#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Is there any way to disable the end of game match feature?

Turn the match off.

LTG : )

#1128 6 years ago

A.1 19 Match Feature - you can turn it off there.

#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Any le’s still available?

Call pinballs.com

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A.1 19 Match Feature - you can turn it off there.

Duh, clearly I missed it. Thanks, as always, Lloyd!

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

If you figure something out, please let me know!
On a related topic, my drop bank stopped dropping. During normal play, it would register hits, but never drop.
It failed the startup test, as well as the motor test (test 19).

I lifted the playfield and wiggled some stuff, and got it back for a while. Sadly it was only a temporary solution. Since I've got a fancy new warranty, I figured I'd open a ticket, not expecting that I would get a response before Monday morning. Whatever they're paying LTG, it isn't enough. On a Sunday night, I got a response back about 10 minutes after submitting the ticket, suggesting I completely re-seat the connector for the down switch:
It's the lower connector in this picture:

One of the crimp connections to one of the sockets felt a bit loose compared to the other ones, but a full disconnect-and-reconnect seemed to do the trick.
If it happens again, I'll replace that crimp connection.

As always, a big "Thank You!" to Lloyd!

Stories like these are making me even more excited to own one of their machines! This is what customer support is all about. They didn't just guess and throw parts at the situation, like St...I mean, I won't mention names, but they came up with a REAL and very solid solution to the problem.

Kudos to the guys at CGC! Can't wait to pick up my machine from Automated Services!

#1132 6 years ago

Soon joining the club, just put my deposit down on a LE version. I was surprised there were still LE's available, but I am not sure what number I will be getting yet. Hope to find out in a couple weeks. I wanted a new pin and even though I never played AFM, I know it will be a safe bet. I had to have that topper.

#1133 6 years ago

You made a good choice! You wont be disappointed .

#1134 6 years ago

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I can’t find it perusing the pages soooo….

Ok. Playing my SE and get all the “force fields” down and just need to make the shot to destroy the saucer. Lately, when I make the shot up the middle the ship does not blow up. Either the ball registers as a ball lock or is just ejected to the left return. A subsequent shot will usually blow up the ship. Is that normal gameplay? It does not happen all the time, but lately it seems to be more frequent. Software glitch? Thanks.

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Lately, when I make the shot up the middle the ship does not blow up.

Are the two switches working, drop target switch, and one on the small metal subway below the playfield in that area ?

#1136 6 years ago

I get an occasional mis-registered shot to the saucer hole - registers as a ball lock. Maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 hits.

Had assumed it was the ball hitting the wrong switch.
Not sure exactly what to look for down in the hole as an adjustment.

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Stories like these are making me even more excited to own one of their machines! This is what customer support is all about. They didn't just guess and throw parts at the situation, like St...I mean, I won't mention names, but they came up with a REAL and very solid solution to the problem.
Kudos to the guys at CGC! Can't wait to pick up my machine from Automated Services!

CGC has been awesome! I have had minor issues with my MMR and AFMR, and Llyod and the team we're always super quick to provide support. I'm already saving up for CGC #3!

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I get an occasional mis-registered shot to the saucer hole - registers as a ball lock. Maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 hits.
Had assumed it was the ball hitting the wrong switch.
Not sure exactly what to look for down in the hole as an adjustment

Yeah this has happened to me once so far. I am going to check the drop target switch and see if it might just be barely making sometimes. That switch has to be made and the ball has to make the switch inside the hole to destroy the saucer.

#1139 6 years ago

Ok so I checked both switches. The target switch was fine. The subway switch was making late so I adjusted the sensitivity up some. Now it makes almost immediately. I am thinking that should do it for you guys also.

#1140 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Soon joining the club, just put my deposit down on a LE version. I was surprised there were still LE's available, but I am not sure what number I will be getting yet. Hope to find out in a couple weeks. I wanted a new pin and even though I never played AFM, I know it will be a safe bet. I had to have that topper.

I was fortunate enough as a kid to have an AFM in the mall arcade growing up in pretty good condition, excited for you to get to play it, it is hands down my all time favorite!

#1141 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

CGC has been awesome! I have had minor issues with my MMR and AFMR, and Llyod and the team we're always super quick to provide support. I'm already saving up for CGC #3!

Did you heard something about CGC #3?... I’m definitely “IN” in whatever they decided to release or re-release!

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Did you heard something about CGC #3?... I’m definitely “IN” in whatever they decided to release or re-release!

I'm pretty certain everyone here will agree that if they had to put money on it, they'd say #3 will be MB. And dammit, I'm excited!

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal-911:

Funny, I never cared for toppers before. But after getting my LE, what a great topper. Love them now.

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm pretty certain everyone here will agree that if they had to put money on it, they'd say #3 will be MB. And dammit, I'm excited!

I hope #3 will be MBR, but CCR could be #3.

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I hope #3 will be MBR, but CCR could be #3.

Addams Family too I hope eventually...

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Addams Family too I hope eventually...

I would love a NIB remake of Addams Family.

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Did you heard something about CGC #3?.

I believe they posted it will be unveiled at TPF next year.

#1148 6 years ago

Just wanted to say great thread... hoping to get my LE soon... impatiently waiting of course

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe they posted it will be unveiled at TPF next year.

I'd be hugely surprised if they went CC before MB. Even TAF seems to make more sense before CC based on ratings alone.

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'd be hugely surprised if they went CC before MB. Even TAF seems to make more sense before CC based on ratings alone.

If you read the first page from:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,1225.0.html
Makes you think TAF is unlikely.

We'll find out in March. Good chance I'll be getting #3 remake.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/23?hl=rascal-911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.