pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 212.
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from racecar85:

estion for you guys adding interactive undercab lighting. Where is the source of this lighting signal. I have a classic with an RGB main saucer, but no speaker lights. I'd like to tie in the undercab lighting to the saucer, just not sure where the saucer is getting its color changing signal. Thanks for any

It’s this plug. (See pics) the yellow is 12v positive blue green and red are the switched negatives that turn on the leds. Use a dvm to verify.

525965EC-01FD-417D-8F2F-67715ADD5B36 (resized).jpeg525965EC-01FD-417D-8F2F-67715ADD5B36 (resized).jpeg

#1002 6 years ago

You guys that have standards should be able to go right off the board with the under cabinet lighting. It would nice to do a piggy back plug for J8. (for LE) Check with Marco for the right plugs.

#1003 6 years ago

Hey Scott, My RGB reel arrived today. Any suggestions to remove the topside silicone material to permit soldering to the copper pads when I cut the strip into smaller segments?

I think we've got a different product. Base material on mine is white and yours black. You can kind of see the thickness of the clear top material (rubber/plastic material). I have not clipped a segment off yet; hoping the clear material will simply peel away from the base material:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Also, I don't plan to use the adhesive backing to attach to the cabinet. My thought is to attach to thin wooden strips, then Velcro the strips to the cabinet. Any suggestions?

#1004 6 years ago

It's the same one Mark. I had to change out of that original strip remember. That black one was the wrong polarity. You need to just take an Exacto knife or equivalent and just scrape off that rubber coating to get to the pads. Make sure you scratch those pads real good before you tint them with soldier. Then tint the pads and wires to just soldier them together. It works real good and doesn't overheat the strip. You can cut off that strip where ever you need at those dividers. Some guys staple them to the bottom which gives a nice neat look. You can also use some zip screws and large plastic washers (hardware store). Just make sure you don't put a screw through the strip!

#1005 6 years ago

Once you get that thing going post up the pics!

#1006 6 years ago

My AFMR under cab lighting!!

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My AFMR under cab lighting!!
» YouTube video

Thanks Rock Custom.

#1008 6 years ago

What a light show! Nice Job!

#1009 6 years ago

Looks awesome. What are you keying on to control the lights & colors?

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Pinball life sells replacement flipper assemblies already preassembled. So all i got to do desolider, swap and resolider. Lil pricier but ill be able to get my indy back up and running and on the bad flipper ill practice on that

I was going to recommend you doing that.

Good Luck.

Robert

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I was going to recommend you doing that.
Good Luck.
Robert

Yeah i was able to get it swapped out. Plays like a brand new game now

#1012 6 years ago

Us folk down here in Australia just received emails asking for final payment! Container could be on its way as early as next week...

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Us folk down here in Australia just received emails asking for final payment! Container could be on its way as early as next week...

Huzzah for you! Also hopefully huzzah for me since the quicker you guys get yours the quicker I may get mine here in Elgin!

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I will take a picture for you tonight.

#1015 6 years ago

Us folk down here in Australia just received emails asking for final payment! Container could be on its way as early as next week

Post up some pics when you get it!

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Post up some pics when you get it!

Ha! Try and stop me!

#1017 6 years ago

In Adelaide Australia, we had the final payment call a few weeks ago, hope you are right and they finally hit the sea.

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

In Adelaide Australia, we had the final payment call a few weeks ago, hope you are right and they finally hit the sea.

Who are you getting yours through..??

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

J5 left Ramp
J14 Saucer
J12 Right ramp

#1020 6 years ago

Here is my video on both the interactive cabinet lighting (that coinsides with the game play) and the interactive saucer lighting (that coinsides with the topper lighting.

#1021 6 years ago

Amusement Worx

#1022 6 years ago

Full payment was due last day of September. Should have been on the water a couple of weeks ago.

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

ere is my video on both the interactive cabinet lighting (that coinsides with the game play) and the interactive saucer lighting (that coinsides with the topper lighting.

Even your cat seems to be enjoying it!

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Here is my video on both the interactive cabinet lighting (that coinsides with the game play) and the interactive saucer lighting (that coinsides with the topper lighting. » YouTube video

I’m confused on the interactive cabinet lighting. It looks the undercab lighting is static, always on and just changing when the speaker lights change. It would be better to tie your undercab lights to the topper lights, that would really be interactive.

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m confused on the interactive cabinet lighting. It looks the undercab lighting is static, always on and just changing when the speaker lights change. It would be better to tie your undercab lights to the topper lights, that would really be interactive

When you play the game you see that the lighting for the speakers coinsides with modes in the game. You cant get anymore interactive that! The topper just flashes randomly. There is nothing static about the cabinet lighting.

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Even your cat seems to be enjoying it!

She loves that game! You would think that she run out there with hair on fire.

#1027 6 years ago

Rock custom kit ties into different flashers for a great interactive experience.

#1028 6 years ago

Frankmac's video is Rock Custom.

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

When you play the game you see that the lighting for the speakers coinsides with modes in the game. You cant get anymore interactive that! The topper just flashes randomly. There is nothing static about the cabinet lighting.

You can get more interactive, you can tap off the flashers circuit via the board. You basically need the equivalent of a piggyback/splitter. My guess is what you did to tap off the speaker rgb, you could do the same for the flashers in the game. What you’ve done is nice, not trying to be critical, just noting another possible way.

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Amusement Worx

I thought Wayne was the only one bringing them in... also from CGC updates they would only have just finished the first batch for overseas in the last few days... Where is AW sourcing them?

#1031 6 years ago

I thought Wayne was the only one bringing them in... also from CGC updates they would only have just finished the first batch for overseas in the last few days... Where is AW sourcing them?

They are from us, Our Adelaide agent

#1032 6 years ago

Quick question please, where can I find how many games have been played in my Attack From Mars R?

Thank you
Paulo JC

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Quick question please, where can I find how many games have been played in my Attack From Mars R?

Go into Diagnostics, go to Book Keeping menu, enter, step through them. Same as a Williams AFM.

LTG : )

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go into Diagnostics, go to Book Keeping menu, enter, step through them. Same as a Williams AFM.
LTG : )

THANK YOU LTG!

#1035 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Has anyone had any issues with the F115 fuse constantly blowing. I was playing a game and decided to adjust the flipper strength. Once I did this, I started a new game and the right flipper was help up for a few seconds then it went down. Flipper was dead. I assumed a bad fuse which was the case. Put in a new fuse and then turned the game on. Immediately the fuse blew again. Just opened a ticket a few minutes ago with Chicago gaming and I am await some help there. Figured in the meantime I'd come on the message boards to see if anyone else has had this issue. I checked all the connections in the back box to make sure no wires are being pinched. Wires to the coil and EOS all look normal.
Two questions:
1. what the right fuse is so i can order a bunch more?
2. How can I start trouble shooting this?
Thanks,
Pete

I just wanted to update everyone on my fuse / right flipper not working. It was indeed and issue with the solenoid driver board. The give away was when i replaced the fuse and turned the game on, the flipper would automatically fire and stay up for a few seconds, then the fuse would blow.

Opened a ticket and received communication within an hour or so from Lloyd and team. Once we figured out what the issue was I received a call from Doug saying that they were testing my new board and it will be shipped out immediately. Board arrived today and it fixed the problem. Customer service is a 10/10 here.

-Pete

#1036 6 years ago

That's good news for all of us!

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Frankmac's video is Rock Custom.

Link please...Chris is making mine now, w a couple extras....should be awesome!!!

Never mind...just scrolled up...geesh, I’m lazy...

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You can get more interactive, you can tap off the flashers circuit via the board. You basically need the equivalent of a piggyback/splitter. My guess is what you did to tap off the speaker rgb, you could do the same for the flashers in the game. What you’ve done is nice, not trying to be critical, just noting another possible way.

. If you tap into the flasher circuits all you are going to get is more flashing lights. You can call that more interactivity if you like it’s just not so in my book. Interactivity is the software controlling the lights this is clearly evident when colors of the lights coinside with game modes.

#1039 6 years ago

Interactive lighting installed on my AFMR classic. Thank you for the pics whthrs166!

#1040 6 years ago

Nice Job! that looks awesome!

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

. If you tap into the flasher circuits all you are going to get is more flashing lights. You can call that more interactivity if you like it’s just not so in my book. Interactivity is the software controlling the lights this is clearly evident when colors of the lights coinside with game modes.

I’ll try to hook it up your way and see if i like it. I don’t like having the lights on all the time, but maybe it will be ok.

#1042 6 years ago

Yeah just check it out. I'm not saying that everyone should have the same opinion. I just find myself looking for what the lighting does when I enter certain modes because the changes in color light up the room. Like when I attack the mother ship everything goes RED! Or when I get a piece for the Atomic Blaster everything goes blue. Then the saucers that I lit up, work with the topper so they sometimes flash completely different colors then the cabinet and the topper (cant really figure out why the colors are different then the topper colors, but anyway) I am waiting on parts to hook up a second saucer because the topper has two separate sides and I want a lit saucer for each side so their lighting will oppose and bounce from each other.

#1043 6 years ago

Here is the three way cable I made up that allows for a plug and play for either under cabinet lighting (controlled by the game) or a flashing saucer lighting (controlled by the topper board) the connectors the game uses at the speaker led pods and the topper leds are identical ( 4 pin square . 062) The wire colors and positions are the same as well. I got my connectors from Marco Specialties You should be able to get them from anyone that sells electronic components

4881FE16-9503-4CFA-B7AC-50A37EDB61CF (resized).jpeg4881FE16-9503-4CFA-B7AC-50A37EDB61CF (resized).jpeg

F2FD1AA8-5A86-42BA-A732-970D9BABCD8D (resized).jpegF2FD1AA8-5A86-42BA-A732-970D9BABCD8D (resized).jpeg

D1C3A4A3-D7A1-4034-859D-4293EE1F0F0F (resized).jpegD1C3A4A3-D7A1-4034-859D-4293EE1F0F0F (resized).jpeg

A7DA0DBB-F900-49F3-A338-BFF0B768204B (resized).jpegA7DA0DBB-F900-49F3-A338-BFF0B768204B (resized).jpeg

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Here is the three way cable I made up that allows for a plug and play for either under cabinet lighting (controlled by the game) or a flashing saucer lighting (controlled by the topper board) the connectors the game uses at the speaker led pods and the topper leds are identical ( 4 pin square . 062) The wire colors and positions are the same as well. I got my connectors from Marco Specialties You should be able to get them from anyone that sells electronic components

Whthrs, where did you got the 2 big saucers that you put besides the topper please?

Thank you

#1045 6 years ago

Those are Trendmasters Mars Attacks movie toys. You can find them on Ebay from time to time. There is one on ebay now item number 112614753091
32 bucks Just know that once you get it you have to take the screws out so you can split the saucer and put in the LED strip. Its pretty easy.

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Those are Trendmasters Mars Attacks movie toys. You can find them on Ebay from time to time. There is one on ebay now item number 112614753091
32 bucks Just know that once you get it you have to take the screws out so you can split the saucer and put in the LED strip. Its pretty easy.

Thank you very much Whthrs, those look so nice besides the topper!

Regards

*btw, I just saw your pics and wow! Amazing toys! All of them!

#1047 6 years ago

Broke the 10k play mark on the AFMr SE at abarigamebar . I guess people like the game..

ED8DC56A-D02D-4DAF-81B3-E1CA4E567144 (resized).jpegED8DC56A-D02D-4DAF-81B3-E1CA4E567144 (resized).jpeg

#1048 6 years ago

WOW! How long has it been in service? Any issues?

#1049 6 years ago

June 30th it hit the floor, a coil stop needed to be replaced and possibly some rubbers but thats all i know about.

#1050 6 years ago

That's good to hear!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/21?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.