IMG_0880 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
Bally_logo.svg.png
20240606_104316-COLLAGE (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0736 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240427_170649975 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 214.
#10601 36 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Was something like "wont be too long, we hope to get to your place in 1 -2 weeks". Take that for what it is worth.. it is pinball after all. that could mean a month or two..

Well hope so. XL panel is no big deal for LE and Special owners but if you were a Classic owner who had the game for years the large screen, lighting and louder speakers will blow you away.

One more time - the panel “does not” come with a color chip so that has to be purchased. CGC was good at letting me know this but I had one already

#10602 36 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Well hope so. XL panel is no big deal for LE and Special owners but if you were a Classic owner who had the game for years the large screen, lighting and louder speakers will blow you away.
One more time - the panel “does not” come with a color chip so that has to be purchased. CGC was good at letting me know this but I had one already

i go thte chip, just need the XL!!

#10603 36 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'd think the first step is to not and then proceed from there.

NO, the first step is to SERIOULY consider Luma legz:

https://www.lumalegz.com/

Carefully go over your options,

THEN, do NEITHER and proceed from there.

#10604 36 days ago

This is correct.

Quoted from pinballinreno:NO, the first step is to SERIOULY consider Luma legz:
https://www.lumalegz.com/
Carefully go over your options,
THEN, do NEITHER and proceed from there.

#10605 36 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Same here, I hope Im not that far on the list from you when u get yours!

#10606 30 days ago

For sale: new in box $200 usd plus ship. Just sold my AFM remake.

IMG_2049 (resized).pngIMG_2049 (resized).pngIMG_2050 (resized).pngIMG_2050 (resized).png
#10607 30 days ago

I'd be intersted to have it as a spare but for less....please keep me in mind if someone doesn't snatch it up. Thanks.

#10608 28 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'd be intersted to have it as a spare but for less....please keep me in mind if someone doesn't snatch it up. Thanks.

I’ll sell it for $180usd! Plus shipping!

Anyone interested let me know!

Richard

#10609 27 days ago

Apologies if this has been discussed, does anyone know if there is a quick release mod available for the backglass cable? Would be nice to avoid constantly pulling on the pcb.

#10610 26 days ago
Quoted from falcon950:

Apologies if this has been discussed, does anyone know if there is a quick release mod available for the backglass cable? Would be nice to avoid constantly pulling on the pcb.

Theres a backglass cable?

Please expand upon this.

#10611 26 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Theres a backglass cable?
Plesse expand upon this.

He means the lightbox wiring connector . . . or were you being facetious?

I've never heard of a quick connect for it, but at least a longer harness would be nice to prevent you from ripping the connector out of the socket every time you remove the backglass/lightbox and forget.

#10612 26 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

or were you being facetious?

I was being silly, he meant the tub connector of course!

At least on AFMr the cable is pretty long and you can lay the tub down on the game if needed, though its a tight fit.

#10613 26 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I was being silly, he meant the tub connector of course!
At least on AFMr the cable is pretty long and you can lay the tub down on the game if needed, though its a tight fit.

Yeah its not too short at least on mine just would rather have a quick disconnect on the cable itself rather that removing the harness from the pcb. Seems like an easy mod just thought someone would have already made a slip on quick disconnect.

#10614 24 days ago

Left flipper started sticking up.
There is nothing mechanical sticking, it is electrical.
Should I order a new opto board?
PPS only offers it as the whole assembly and not just the board.
I see lots of replacement optos for original AFM but I don't know if those boards will work in a CGC machine?
This is this is the only problem that has ever popped up in my beloved AFMrLE.

#10615 24 days ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Should I order a new opto board?

Swap left and right, see if problem moves to the other side.

Make sure opto interrupter is going back and fully blocking the opto.

LTG : )

#10616 24 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Any word on the XL display from cgc? It's around the 2 week mark. Be sweet if we see them this week or early next week!

#10617 23 days ago
Quoted from lu505:

Any word on the XL display from cgc? It's around the 2 week mark. Be sweet if we see them this week or early next week!

nope not yet.. based on email from Jim at CGC 8 days or so ago.. maybe this week i will see an invoice? Dunno.

#10618 23 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:nope not yet.. based on email from Jim at CGC 8 days or so ago.. maybe this week i will see an invoice? Dunno.

Not to rain on anyones parade…but you all realize CGC’s definition of “two weeks” seemingly is based on a different calendar? (Sorry…had to say it.)

#10619 20 days ago

CGC closed my ticket for the XL display. is it coming now??? I doubt it but my fingers are crossed!

#10620 20 days ago
Quoted from lu505:

CGC closed my ticket for the XL display. is it coming now??? I doubt it but my fingers are crossed!

no way man.. you getting an invoice this week! STAY POSITIVE!
Im in same boat, just hoping to slip this "MUST HAVE" past the wifey!

#10621 20 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

no way man.. you getting an invoice this week! STAY POSITIVE!
Im in same boat, just hoping to slip this "MUST HAVE" past the wifey!

I just got messaged by Jim he said they probably gonna ship on Tuesday or Wednesday based on where I was on the list. Oh yeah happy times!

#10622 19 days ago

Hi - running into a problem with the motor bank just continually running up and down. At first there was an error that the down switch was broken. Replaced and the error is no longer appearing in the test. However, the motor bank just runs continuously now. No errors. The game boots like normal.
CGC is say that the "Hbridge circuit on the main board under the playfield that would need to be fixed be fixed. I can fix that here pretty easily.
Let me know if you want to send it in for a repair.". Ass-u-ming I would need to send the entire playfield board in - easy thing to do? Is buying another one the better way to go (the post above)? Kind of crazy it would fail in less than 3 years that I've had it.

Thanks,
Jon

#10623 19 days ago
Quoted from jjmf:

I can fix that here pretty easily.

If you can get the parts and do surface mounted part soldering.

Quoted from jjmf:

I would need to send the entire playfield board in - easy thing to do?

Pictures and notes. A bunch of connectors. More time consuming than hard. And you need to remove it if you repair it.

#10624 16 days ago
Quoted from lu505:

I just got messaged by Jim he said they probably gonna ship on Tuesday or Wednesday based on where I was on the list. Oh yeah happy times!

Did you get invoiced yet?

#10625 16 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Did you get invoiced yet?

Not yet, you hear anything yet? I am thinking I'll see one Wednesday.

#10626 16 days ago
Quoted from lu505:

Not yet, you hear anything yet? I am thinking I'll see one Wednesday.

Nope.. i hope so!

#10627 14 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Nope.. i hope so!

I should be getting an invoice later today and xl shipping today! WooHoo!

#10628 14 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody ever get a response from Jim Thornton about the XL displays and speaker kit from CGC? Email sent weeks ago and no response.

The XL displays/speaker kit are just for MMr correct?

#10629 14 days ago

They are for any classic, I'm using mine in AFMR but MMR and MBR could use them too.

#10630 14 days ago

My MMre panel kit was compatible with my AFM classic. The kit comes with an upgrade Sub which is for MMRe but sub provided is the same as AFM now.

So full kit is made for MMre panel and sub. AFMre already has the added Sub installed right from the factory. This is good for AFM owners because my friend said Sub change in his MM was slightly tricky.

Would assume the kits coming out are still the same.

Not sure if MBre has the sub already?

Need the Chip for color, not included. CGC said there was some confusion on that but they would let folks know about it when they bought the panel.

#10631 14 days ago
Quoted from lu505:

This is great news! Let us know the price “for fun”.

Wait until you hear the sound. Way better! Speaker lights are a nice bonus!

#10632 14 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

This is great news! Let us know the price “for fun”.
Wait until you hear the sound. Way better! Speaker lights are a nice bonus!

Lol the for fun price was $649 plus ship. Its on its way though!!!!

#10633 14 days ago
Quoted from lu505:

Invoiced, paid and pending shipping! Whoop!

#10634 14 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Invoiced, paid and pending shipping! Whoop!

They shipping out on Monday, I hope I get mine on Friday!

#10635 14 days ago

XL panel is dope! Happy for you……two??

Lol

1 week later
#10636 7 days ago

recieved the xl panel and installed in like 20 mins tops.. it appears to have the LEDS around the speakers, but the kit instructions do not mention how to power them... any ideas?

heads up to anyone installing this kit.. they have extra wires and stuff attached the panel, i had to remove a few to be able to follow the instructions but it was a smooth install.

#10637 7 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

heads up to anyone installing this kit.. they have extra wires and stuff attached the panel, i had to remove a few to be able to follow the instructions but it was a smooth install.

Any chance the wires you removed were for the speaker lights ?

#10638 7 days ago

I am out of town but you probably just need a pic of the wiring on the back of a working XL panel to see what needs to be fixed Baggerman

#10639 7 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

recieved the xl panel and installed in like 20 mins tops.. it appears to have the LEDS around the speakers, but the kit instructions do not mention how to power them... any ideas?

Thanks for the info. Getting mine tomorrow!

#10640 7 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nope... the kit came with a wire for power already installed, i removed that one and plugged in the power from backbox, and the DVI cable was already installed and wire tied to back... i had to remove the old DVI from machine back box and re connect.

There was 1 cable left on XL kit that was not referenced in instructions that had 3 wires in like a 7 or 8 wide rectangle connector... that was not installed and is still coiled on back of XL kit.

i went back and checked the 3 wire power connection (step 12) to make sure that these connectors are properly seated, and they appear to be fine, i traced out the power to the connectors on back of XL as well and all are seated well. I have reached out to CG to see what can be done if anything.

#10641 7 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

This is the plug that exists in new XL kit that is not referenced in the install instructions. It is a 10 pin. This appears to run to both LED rings, the only socket in backboard that is open that is 10 pin is J8. Am i to assume this plugs there?

Does this go to J8 in backbox (resized).jpgDoes this go to J8 in backbox (resized).jpg
#10642 7 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Am i to assume this plugs there?

Yes it goes to J8. I just responded to your ticket. That is your speaker lights.

#10643 7 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes it goes to J8. I just responded to your ticket. That is your speaker lights.

perfect !! thank you.

#10644 7 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Good to know my kit comes in tomorrow, cant wait lol. Baggerman you need to add the bally logo to your display. its cool feature these displays can do!

#10645 7 days ago
Quoted from lu505:

Good to know my kit comes in tomorrow, cant wait lol. Baggerman you need to add the bally logo to your display. its cool feature these displays can do!

came enabled right out d box!

#10646 7 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

came enabled right out d box!

Did you install the subwoofer?

#10647 7 days ago
Quoted from lu505:

Did you install the subwoofer?

i did!! nice rumble rumble.. so much so that i moved the powered sub to another machine. Super easy

#10648 7 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i did!! nice rumble rumble.. so much so that i moved the powered sub to another machine. Super easy

yeah i think im going to solder the wires on sub instead of snipping them and using pigtails.

#10649 5 days ago

Man I’m loving this xl display upgrade. Cgc desk support came through!!

IMG_8061 (resized).jpegIMG_8061 (resized).jpeg
#10650 3 days ago

Is playing a LE without the topper ok? Won't damage any electronics?

I am renovating my game room and have my machines in temporary spots with room for everything except AFM topper. It boots fine but I thought I would ask here before I put games on it without it's angry overlord.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 79.00
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Framingham, MA
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 210.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
There are 10,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 214.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.