35C3D2AF-40E7-4BD7-99F2-9FF7891DC752 (resized).jpeg
Red Eyed LED Martian (resized).PNG
IMG_2007 (resized).JPG
IMG_2005 (resized).JPG
IMG_2008 (resized).JPG
20231018_192729 (resized).jpg
Untitled39 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 211.
#10401 5 months ago

Here it is.

airball protector (resized).pngairball protector (resized).png
#10402 5 months ago

Agree, his protector is perfect. Looks and works great.

IMG_7062 (resized).jpegIMG_7062 (resized).jpeg
#10403 5 months ago

Does anyone have a translite they want to sell? Looking for the original translite for the remake. Message me if you have one. Thanks!

#10404 5 months ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Does anyone have a translite they want to sell? Looking for the original translite for the remake. Message me if you have one. Thanks!

That's a big ask, but you certainly have to try. I have one, but at this point I'm not willing to part with it.

If you don't mind paying full price, Planetary Pinball has them in stock for $99 + shipping: https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-TL-AFMR

#10405 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That's a big ask, but you certainly have to try. I have one, but at this point I'm not willing to part with it.
If you don't mind paying full price, Planetary Pinball has them in stock for $99 + shipping: https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-TL-AFMR

I didn't see it on their website when I looked. Thanks for link. Just ordered.

#10406 5 months ago

I just picked up an AFMr yesterday. I always add a shaker motor to my games, but the one I installed in my Monster Bash remake hardly does anything. I'm thinking about moving it over to AFM. Is a shaker worth adding to AFM, or is it like Monster Bash...hardly noticeable?

#10407 5 months ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I just picked up an AFMr yesterday. I always add a shaker motor to my games, but the one I installed in my Monster Bash remake hardly does anything. I'm thinking about moving it over to AFM. Is a shaker worth adding to AFM, or is it like Monster Bash...hardly noticeable?

It is worth it for sure. When you destroy a ship, very very cool!!

#10408 5 months ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I've got shakers in both my MBr and AFMr. I'd say adding it to AFMr would be better.

#10409 5 months ago

Yes on AFM - great for when blasting the mothership.

#10410 5 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

I've got shakers in both my MBr and AFMr. I'd say adding it to AFMr would be better.

Owned MBr and now have AFMr SE. I totally agree with you. Awesome integration of the shaker. Makes blowing up the saucer so satisfying.

#10411 5 months ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Yes, a great add to AFMr Mike! Love it in ours.

#10412 5 months ago

Have AFMr Classic, if I add shaker motor is it already enabled upon installation or do I need to add or upgrade game software?

#10413 5 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Have AFMr Classic, if I add shaker motor is it already enabled upon installation or do I need to add or upgrade game software?

Just need to enable it on the settings.

#10414 5 months ago

Thanks, much appreciated. Folks on this forum indicate it is a good mod to add, certainly was on my Cactus Canyon remake.

1 week later
#10415 4 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does it come with the glass? Is there a mirrored version of the back glass?

TIA

#10416 4 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

TIA

PPS has an excellent Mirrored AFM backglass available. I have one in our LE, it's fantastic.
https://www.planetarypinball.com/PPS-31-1357-50041M

#10417 4 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

PPS has an excellent Mirrored AFM backglass available. I have one in our LE, it's fantastic.
https://www.planetarypinball.com/PPS-31-1357-50041M

Thanks ordered up

#10418 4 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

TIA

Translites don't typically come with glass, but an actual backglass is a piece of glass with the print directly on it. Looks like you're taken care of, so glad you found what you wanted.

1 week later
#10419 4 months ago

Finally got the topper, art blades, speaker lights, undercabinet lighting, and playfield spotlights installed. AFM completed this Bally/Williams wall in my gameroom. Still on the prowl for a MMr.

20231018_192729 (resized).jpg20231018_192729 (resized).jpg
#10420 4 months ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Finally got the topper, art blades, speaker lights, undercabinet lighting, and playfield spotlights installed. AFM completed this Bally/Williams wall in my gameroom. Still on the prowl for a MMr.
[quoted image]

They look great in a lineup, Mike! Looking forward to seeing/playing them tonight. After playing Jason's Monster Bash, it's on our list as well.

#10421 4 months ago

Thought this might be a good place to post this. My wife has invited some ladies she works with to play pinball. I told her I would run it as a tournament, very informal, so I made up these trophies after replacing these guys with the big jiggly martians. The trophy shop liked them so much they put them on their website. Thought it was a good use of my extra martians.

image0(21) (resized).jpegimage0(21) (resized).jpeg
#10422 4 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Thought this might be a good place to post this. My wife has invited some ladies she works with to play pinball. I told her I would run it as a tournament, very informal, so I made up these trophies after replacing these guys with the big jiggly martians. The trophy shop liked them so much they put them on their website. Thought it was a good use of my extra martians.
[quoted image]

Love this!! Going to use this for inspiration for our next family pinabll tourney

#10423 4 months ago

Does anybody know where this wire plugs into??

IMG_3279 (resized).jpegIMG_3279 (resized).jpegIMG_3280 (resized).jpegIMG_3280 (resized).jpeg
#10424 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Does anybody know where this wire plugs into??[quoted image][quoted image]

Those appear to be rgb led wires… did someone possibly have Pinstadiums on this machine?

#10425 4 months ago

Does anybody know where this wire plugs into??[quoted image][quoted image]

Which pinstadiums did you get? If it’s the Neo Atoms that should not be plugged into anything. If you have the Neo Fusion Atoms then that would be used to tie into the flashers.

#10426 4 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Those appear to be rgb led wires… did someone possibly have Pinstadiums on this machine?

Oh Pinstadiums?! Maybe the previous owner had them. Interesting.

#10427 4 months ago

Please post a photo of one of the flippers buttons from the inside of the cabinet.

#10430 4 months ago

Definitely looks like pinstadium cable. I thought you bought them.

#10431 4 months ago

#10432 4 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Definitely looks like pinstadium cable. I thought you bought them.

I’m not sure these are Pinstadiums. Each wire leads to a different area underneath the PF that it taps into.

Blue wire first pic
Red,Black wire 2nd pic
Green wire last pic

IMG_3301 (resized).jpegIMG_3301 (resized).jpegIMG_3302 (resized).jpegIMG_3302 (resized).jpegIMG_3303 (resized).jpegIMG_3303 (resized).jpeg
#10433 4 months ago

Can you not just ask the guy you bought the pin from what was going on?

#10434 4 months ago

It’s been years so I lost his contact info…just now noticed it.

#10435 4 months ago

It’s been years so I lost his contact info…just now noticed it.

That makes sense. Over the years, I've done a few wiring removal hacks that previous owners of my pins had done. So, I recommend you just uninstall it.

#10436 4 months ago

I’m not sure these are Pinstadiums. Each wire leads to a different area underneath the PF that it taps into.
Blue wire first pic
Red,Black wire 2nd pic
Green wire last pic [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think those might be the pinstadium Fusion. Check those out, they connect to 3 or 4 different set of Flasher. That might be what it was.

#10437 4 months ago

Did anyone purchase this laseriffic 3D topper? I have Szabo’s but not sure how I feel about it. Not 100% in love with it. Thought about possibly putting the alien from Szabo’s with the laseriffic one if I get it.

72022210784__901F3A0C-4EA1-48F4-8A26-75BFD7C2965A (resized).jpeg72022210784__901F3A0C-4EA1-48F4-8A26-75BFD7C2965A (resized).jpegIMG_8507 (resized).jpegIMG_8507 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0966 (resized).jpegIMG_0966 (resized).jpeg

Untitled39 (resized).jpegUntitled39 (resized).jpeg
#10438 4 months ago

Did anyone purchase this laseriffic 3D topper?
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I have Szabos and like it though I had to dim it as it does wash out when bright.

#10439 4 months ago

I upgraded the backbox speakers in my LE a little while back and was happy with the change. More clarity in the callouts, less muddled midrange. I also added a PINsub subwoofer adapter kit to support an external sub as I expected there was more bottom end to be filled in. That experiment was a success, I ended up connecting it to the SVS SB-1000 sub I have here in my office and it really does a nice job of filling in the bottom. A nice addition to an already excellent machine.

Here are the 3.5" Infinity backbox speakers I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8T66KB

This is the PINsub adapter I used to tap the cabinet speaker and support an external subwoofer:
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit?_pos=1&_sid=37a16ccae&_ss=r

#10440 4 months ago

Those are the ones I used after trying many different manufacturers.
Crystal clear and some of the best money I spent on the game.
Infinity REF-3032CFX Reference 3.5 Inch Two-Way car Audio Speaker.

#10441 4 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I have Szabos and like it though I had to dim it as it does wash out when bright.

Wish he used cool white for the topper light. I am going to put the light in front vs mounted to the back if I use the Szabo topper as is.

#10442 4 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I upgraded the backbox speakers in my LE a little while back and was happy with the change. More clarity in the callouts, less muddled midrange. I also added a PINsub subwoofer adapter kit to support an external sub as I expected there was more bottom end to be filled in. That experiment was a success, I ended up connecting it to the SVS SB-1000 sub I have here in my office and it really does a nice job of filling in the bottom. A nice addition to an already excellent machine.
Here are the 3.5" Infinity backbox speakers I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8T66KB
This is the PINsub adapter I used to tap the cabinet speaker and support an external subwoofer:
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit?_pos=1&_sid=37a16ccae&_ss=r

What brand speakers came stock in the backbox?
I bought an SE a couple months ago and they came with kicker CSC35. Also added external sub with pinnovators adapter. Sounds really good but not sure the infinity will be an upgrade or not.

https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-46CSC354-Coaxial-Stereo-Speakers/dp/B07NSDKVW4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4

#10443 4 months ago

What brand speakers came stock in the backbox?
I bought an SE a couple months ago and they came with kicker CSC35. Also added external sub with pinnovators adapter. Sounds really good but not sure the infinity will be an upgrade or not.
https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-46CSC354-Coaxial-Stereo-Speakers/dp/B07NSDKVW4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4

My LE had Pyle PLG3.2 backbox speakers. I wasn't 100% sure that the Infinity speakers would be an upgrade either but they are definitely more crisp and clear in comparison. The PLG3.2's seem to have stronger midrange and less sparkly top end. The Infinity 3.5's bring out the callouts in a much clearer way to my ears.

#10444 4 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

My LE had Pyle PLG3.2 backbox speakers. I wasn't 100% sure that the Infinity speakers would be an upgrade either but they are definitely more crisp and clear in comparison. The PLG3.2's seem to have stronger midrange and less sparkly top end. The Infinity 3.5's bring out the callouts in a much clearer way to my ears.

Ok cool. Thank you! Kickers definitely are better at mids.

#10445 4 months ago

Did anyone purchase this laseriffic 3D topper? I have Szabo’s but not sure how I feel about it. Not 100% in love with it. Thought about possibly putting the alien from Szabo’s with the laseriffic one if I get it.

I have the Laseriffic topper and really like it.

20231018_192729 (resized).jpg20231018_192729 (resized).jpg
#10446 4 months ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I have the Laseriffic topper and really like it.[quoted image]

That looks awesome. Thank you for posting. Could you possibly take a closer pic of it for me if not too much trouble? With the backglass also. Really appreciate it!

#10447 3 months ago

One of those unnecessary things that are at the same time--totally necessary. That looks awesome!!

#10448 3 months ago

Finally, finally...I have joined the 'Rule the Universe" club. Also nailed a few aliens (81 of them) prior record was 42. My 10 year old son had already ruled the universe for the last year on game. This game never gets old!!

IMG_2005 (resized).JPGIMG_2005 (resized).JPGIMG_2008 (resized).JPGIMG_2008 (resized).JPG

IMG_2007 (resized).JPGIMG_2007 (resized).JPG
#10449 3 months ago

Does anyone have a playfield for a remake for sale? Looking for one.

#10450 3 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Thought we had this fixed but still getting intermittent scoop returns going straight down the middle. Some are super powerful right to the left flipper as it should but then I get a weak dribble down the middle. Anyone experience this and if so what was the fix?

Ugh, I can’t get this figured out, still the same issue. Some are super powerful ejects right to the left flipper and then weak dribbles right down the middle…..very random but the SDTM are so annoying!,,

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 10,507 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/209?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.