compair (resized).jpg
Martian LED GIF (resized).png
compair (resized).jpg
20221009_173954 (resized).jpg
ED2C06F6-3AC7-4F7F-9BD1-439FF67027AA (resized).jpeg
E552CFD3-052E-4732-A1F2-4681D4402005 (resized).jpeg
65FC59BF-6DBB-4D10-BCDF-D82295ECF472 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 205.
#10151 3 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Looking at afmr classic. I know I should know this but does that version come with a color dmd? I see conflicting info here. Also, suggestions on things/areas to be concerned about on this game, i.e, worn playfield areas, etc.?
thanks. Like most pinsiders have always wanted this game and excited about chance. just got aCCr and am very happy with CGC

The CGC AFMR classic has a color display but only displays the orange animation by default to give it that classic look.
You can order a High Definition Color ROM Upgrade to display full color animation.

#10152 3 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Looking at afmr classic. I know I should know this but does that version come with a color dmd? I see conflicting info here. Also, suggestions on things/areas to be concerned about on this game, i.e, worn playfield areas, etc.?
thanks. Like most pinsiders have always wanted this game and excited about chance. just got aCCr and am very happy with CGC

The classic came stock with no colour dmd (I think you can change the colour of the font on the dmd from orange to green etc, but it is not multi colour like your CCr SE).

I assume you can get a colour dmd “chip” from CGC like the MMr standard? Not sure of the ability.

I have had my AFMr SE for a few years. I can’t think of big problems to look for, as long as there are not errors. They did up date the rom chip, so maybe make sure it has that?

Richard

#10153 3 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

areas to be concerned about on this game

Not a major concern. The left flipper. The bushing the flipper shaft goes through the playfield in. Any time you rebuild the flippers, be sure and replace it. The left flipper gets hit by balls ejected from the scoop which is hard on that bushing. Can crack or break it.

Common to original or remake.

LTG : )

#10154 3 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Classic does not have full color.. you need to buy the full color chip. this chip enables the full color imagry for gameplay.

#10155 3 months ago

Thanks for the input all, much appreciated. Contacted Ryan at CGC after input here. He has the chip.

#10156 3 months ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Thanks for the input all, much appreciated. Contacted Ryan at CGC after input here. He has the chip.

Great!
The Classic is a great looking pin!

Richard

#10157 3 months ago

Bought the classic from a fellow pinsider. 370 total plays on game when purchased yesterday, and that has gone up by 33 percent since I got it home. Daughter and boyfriend love the game. Had not played it much prior to purchase, but now I see why it is a top, if not the top, game. Honestly, though, based on this game and the way it plays, CFTBL should be higher rated than it is currently as it is as much fun with similar funny callouts, etc. And, my family is split on whether they prefer AFMr or CCr, which says a lot about CGC and CC.
No matter what you think about remakes, no doubt CGC has made games accessible pricewise and enhanced this great hobby. Would like to get the chip to upgrade to color DMD, but are they $400???

#10158 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The bushing the flipper shaft goes through the playfield in. Any time you rebuild the flippers, be sure and replace it. The left flipper gets hit by balls ejected from the scoop which is hard on that bushing. Can crack or break it.

Common to original or remake.

Thanks for this insight.

3 weeks later
#10159 82 days ago

Wow, it's been pretty dead around here for almost a month. Nothing new to say, but a little self-promotion. Thought I would remind everyone with the holidays approaching that it's okay to treat yourself with AFMr mods (there are tons of cool mods out there for this game). As a reminder I offer the following along with a few other things:

- VUK cover building | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/157#post-5318192
- Target decal set | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155#post-5292850
- Flipper toppers | https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/94586
- Martain stands | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/163#post-5431478

#10160 81 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Wow, it's been pretty dead around here for almost a month. Nothing new to say, but a little self-promotion. Thought I would remind everyone with the holidays approaching that it's okay to treat yourself with AFMr mods (there are tons of cool mods out there for this game). As a reminder I offer the following along with a few other things:
- VUK cover building | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/157#post-5318192
- Target decal set | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155#post-5292850
- Martain stands | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/163#post-5431478

Mr. Tantrum...Great, thanks for the reminder...don't forget about my super enhanced, and jiggly Martians....Who really likes puny/stiff Martians on their playfield anymore, when we offer LED eyes, or just our larger, un-lit jiggly Martians, that are currently still available,,,?

https://www.mickspinball.com/big-o-jiggly-martian-add-on

compair (resized).jpg
#10161 81 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've been good this year, maybe I should buy myself a VUK cover for myself for Christmas.

#10162 81 days ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I've been good this year, maybe I should buy myself a VUK cover for myself for Christmas.

In the spirit of Black Friday, I'm offering discounts on my items for a limited time: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-friday-sales-post-here-2022#post-7235621

#10163 80 days ago

My translite has warped on my remake. Need to replace it. Anyone installed the 3D translite on their afm remake? Does it fit ok? Does it look cool or not worth the money?

Thanks!

#10164 80 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My translite has warped on my remake. Need to replace it. Anyone installed the 3D translite on their afm remake? Does it fit ok? Does it look cool or not worth the money?
Thanks!

3D Translite fits perfectly on my AFMr Premium.

#10165 80 days ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

3D Translite fits perfectly on my AFMr Premium.

Thanks, Is it cool?

#10166 80 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks, Is it cool?

I think it looks great, but I’m sure it is all personal preference. Some may not like it, but if you like having your game be different, it does set it apart.

#10167 79 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks!

I have the Brian Allen translite and side blades and it looks amazing

#10168 77 days ago

Anyone have a slight hum coming from the back box area when the lights change color? It’s low but if the room is quiet and I’m by the machine I can hear it. I’m wondering if anything can be done to get rid of this low hum? Thanks

#10169 76 days ago

Turn the volume up.

#10170 76 days ago
Quoted from medic7000:

Anyone have a slight hum coming from the back box area when the lights change color? It’s low but if the room is quiet and I’m by the machine I can hear it. I’m wondering if anything can be done to get rid of this low hum? Thanks

play with the LED brightness setting.

#10171 76 days ago

Anyway I have several thousand plays and got to rule the universe once. It was so long ago not sure I used buy in credit to do so.

So I played it several weeks ago and achieved rtu. Normal play but had earned extra balls based on scoring. I left the game alone several weeks because of that accomplishment. Whammo played a few days ago accomplished rtu again. That’s back to back game’s. RTU.I couldn’t believe it.

#10172 76 days ago
Quoted from indybru:

Anyway I have several thousand plays and got to rule the universe once. It was so long ago not sure I used buy in credit to do so.
So I played it several weeks ago and achieved rtu. Normal play but had earned extra balls based on scoring. I left the game alone several weeks because of that accomplishment. Whammo played a few days ago accomplished rtu again. That’s back to back game’s. RTU.I couldn’t believe it.

Closest i came to RTU was when i was imade it to RTU on my last ball and i Tilted out in mode... so deflating... i have gotten close a few times but never in RTU since. I can tell you this.. i was so excited and determined to get that 5 billion scoring, i was letting it all hang out... well then just a little too much. Love this pin.

#10173 75 days ago

Hi, my game is putting out the wrong number of balls in multiball all of a sudden. Martian multiball is putting out 3 instead of the correct 2. Same for the regular multiball, 4 instead of 3..Any suggestions on what to check? Thanks

#10174 75 days ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

Any suggestions on what to check?

Correct number of balls in the game ?

LTG : )

#10175 73 days ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

Hi, my game is putting out the wrong number of balls in multiball all of a sudden. Martian multiball is putting out 3 instead of the correct 2. Same for the regular multiball, 4 instead of 3..Any suggestions on what to check? Thanks

Does it put two balls into play during normal play or if draining all but one ball trigger the game to act like you drained your last ball then it is probably you ball trough opts. I had mine go bad in my mmr and that was what it was doing

#10176 72 days ago

I've got several games I would trade for an AFM if anyone wants to trade. Whirlwind, Funhouse, Mousin Around, Who Dunnit. PM for details.

#10177 70 days ago

Big O Jiggly Martians sale for the holidays. I have had quite a few asking for a special deal, so here you have it.

The LED oscillator’s are included in the sale for use on any machine that has any lonely playfield inserts that you would like to highlight.

Sale starts on the 25th. of November.

Hope everyone has a great holiday, any questions or special requests, please let me know..

Thank you,

Mick
https://www.mickspinball.com/

Martian LED GIF (resized).png
#10178 66 days ago

Just unboxed mine after it's been in storage for way too long, waiting for the space to set it up. Do everyone install protectors, is it a must on this title for home use too? The original AFM always look horrible on the outhole without, is it the same case with the remake?

#10179 66 days ago
Quoted from twarr:

Just unboxed mine after it's been in storage for way too long, waiting for the space to set it up. Do everyone install protectors, is it a must on this title for home use too? The original AFM always look horrible on the outhole without, is it the same case with the remake?

Definitely needs a mantis-type protector or a cliffy on the stroke of luck or it will get blown out. The one I had there was a mantis-type one on the inside edges of the stroke of luck scoop, but since I was the 2nd owner, not sure if that's stock or not.

#10180 66 days ago
Quoted from twarr:

I installed Cliffy's on mine. Quite the project, but worth not having all of the holes chewed-up over time.

#10181 66 days ago
Quoted from indybru:

Did you score enough to RTU both times? I did the first time I made it tgen choked about the next 5 times I made it.

#10182 65 days ago

How well do these hold up? Any breaking issues since they jiggle?

Quoted from TheMickster:

Big O Jiggly Martians sale for the holidays. I have had quite a few asking for a special deal, so here you have it.
The LED oscillator’s are included in the sale for use on any machine that has any lonely playfield inserts that you would like to highlight.
Hope everyone has a great holiday, any questions or special requests, please let me know..
Thank you,
Mick
https://www.mickspinball.com/[quoted image]

#10183 65 days ago
Quoted from TahoeTony:

I have had 4 of them since day one and they are perfect.
Get the ones where the eyes light up for sure.

#10184 65 days ago
Quoted from TahoeTony:

I have 4 with red LED eyes for a couple of years and they still perform perfectly.

1 week later
#10185 58 days ago

Mickspinball has extended our sale until the end of the year.

Thank you all for the continuing support, and funny that a few folks have commented that even their wives really like the larger, Big O Jiggly Martians too when playing. Good thing to get others to enjoy, as when playing, hard to enjoy everything at the same time.

If there have been any concerns about the robustness of our product, these have been on many machines for a few years…I even put one on a friend’s convertible, stubby antenna to drive around with….” he” is holding up quite well…more than a year now.

Thank you all for the support, Happy Holiday/s…

Mick
Mickspinball.com

compair (resized).jpg
#10186 58 days ago

Mickster. Like em,Almost love em !! Lighted eyes,Oh Yeah !! Not in the budget right now - But WILL be the 1st thing to do on my AFMr when I Can ^^
Love em Buddy,Happy Holidays and TY for extending your sale...... Have my eye on em - Kirk in Colorado

AFM Re-Make SE Model (resized).jpg
#10187 55 days ago

This is sort of an embarrassing post. I spent the last few days slowly inserting green protectors and installed the Ufopinball mod. I had to remove a lot of things and when cleaning up I noticed this red post. I checked the whole game and I can only assume this is from the jet pop bumper area. The problem is I don’t see any empty spots where this post can go and all the rubbers seems to be intact. I even removed some of the plastics near space ship to see if anything was missing. Not sure where this post came from. I’m assuming it’s strictly for supporting a rubber.

3E23857B-8A8F-47AA-8863-1AB5F41D23B9 (resized).jpeg5CF93F78-4BA5-4860-AF0F-A5D0B58850BB (resized).jpeg
#10188 55 days ago
Quoted from medic7000:

This is sort of an embarrassing post. I spent the last few days slowly inserting green protectors and installed the Ufopinball mod. I had to remove a lot of things and when cleaning up I noticed this red post. I checked the whole game and I can only assume this is from the jet pop bumper area. The problem is I don’t see any empty spots where this post can go and all the rubbers seems to be intact. I even removed some of the plastics near space ship to see if anything was missing. Not sure where this post came from. I’m assuming it’s strictly for supporting a rubber.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It probably goes here (looks like I have two, but that's the mirror blade) as a ball stop. As you can see, I replaced the red one with florescent green.

pasted_image (resized).png
#10189 55 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It probably goes here (looks like I have two, but that's the mirror blade) as a ball stop. As you can see, I replaced the red one with florescent green.
[quoted image]

That was it thank you so much! Do you have a black light over your game for them to glow?

#10190 54 days ago
Quoted from medic7000:

That was it thank you so much! Do you have a black light over your game for them to glow?

I have Pinstadium lights with UV flashers. However, I have seen this pin under black light, and it is pretty awesome.

#10191 54 days ago

On the hunt for an LE for sale in the north eastern part of the US. Ping me if you're considering selling yours. I can either buy outright or trade. Have a perfect TMNT LE and a Harley 2nd Edition I can trade out as well as a bunch of arcade games. Thanks!

1 week later
#10192 46 days ago

Hey everyone. I’m in the Chicago area and trying to find a AFMr SE. I have no issues with traveling for a machine. if you have any leads I’d appreciate if you’d let me know. Many thanks in advance

1 week later
#10193 39 days ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Thank you,
Mick
https://www.mickspinball.com/[quoted image]

Reminder, next week on the 31st. is when this sale ends. Thank you all that have ordered and are enjoying..

Mick

mickspinball.com

#10194 36 days ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

Reminder, next week on the 31st. is when this sale ends. Thank you all that have ordered and are enjoying..
Mick
mickspinball.com

Lightning quick shipping and Jiggly Martians now in possession.

Look amazing in person and can’t wait to get them installed on the machine.

Thank you for the innovative mod!

1 week later
#10195 25 days ago

Hey crew! Have been enjoying my original AFM but wanted to switch it up and modernize it a bit! Looking for an image of the AFMr LE apron instructions cards (black and green ones) which I can probably modify in photoshop. Anyone willing to take a close up of each card? Thanks!

AFM2 (resized).jpgafm1 (resized).jpg
#10196 25 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hey crew! Have been enjoying my original AFM but wanted to switch it up and modernize it a bit! Looking for an image of the AFMr LE apron instructions cards (black and green ones) which I can probably modify in photoshop. Anyone willing to take a close up of each card? Thanks!

Looks great!

#10197 25 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:Hey crew! Have been enjoying my original AFM but wanted to switch it up and modernize it a bit! Looking for an image of the AFMr LE apron instructions cards (black and green ones) which I can probably modify in photoshop. Anyone willing to take a close up of each card? Thanks!

3BB109E5-99AE-4170-8DF3-22284C9E020B (resized).jpeg6A0BB72C-EF43-4E48-81E6-8ABECF45366B (resized).jpeg7E33CF88-692A-4B53-93F1-50FA480486A5 (resized).jpeg
#10198 25 days ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

PM'd you.

#10199 25 days ago
Quoted from SLRage:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, sir! Much appreciated!

3 weeks later
#10200 5 days ago

I've heard that CGC will eventually do another run of MMR, are there similar rumors about AFMr? Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
There are 10,203 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!